Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo (Day 3)

Forum rules
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

VC 2.4
In post 32, bugspray wrote:
In post 29, RadiantCowbells wrote:I feel like bugspray already decided they want to date me and are just pretending to be open minded to make me jealous.
B-baka hentai!!
In post 33, bugspray wrote:It's not like I voted for you because I like you or anything ... Cowbell-senapi
In post 43, GeorgeBailey wrote:holy damn the animoos are everywhere
Wake88 (2) -
Joey_, Invisibility
Lil Uzi Vert (2) -
alimdia, ofrhz
Invisibility (1) -
Adorable

Not Voting (5) -
SausasaurusRex, Wake88, Jake The Wolfie, Billy Pilgrim, Lil Uzi Vert

With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 2 ends in
(expired on 2019-12-25 18:22:39)

Game Notes

- Wake88 is V/LA until 18th of December.
- Alimdia is V/LA from the 17th to the 18th of December.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 854, Adorable wrote:
In post 847, Invisibility wrote:
In post 832, Adorable wrote:Scum/Invisibility - I did not like his interaction with Jake and I did not like the vote on Alimdia and he didn't even explain his vote. On day 2 all he's doing is sheeping.
what about them? also why didn't you like my vote on Alim and how did I not explain it?
On #379 you voted Alimdia without providing a reason. I'm looking back on your posts right now and was your explanation on #380? It would have been alot more easier for me to see if you put your explanation and vote on the same post since I did not know your explanation was on #380 instead of it being on #379.
In post 849, ofrhz wrote:
In post 846, Adorable wrote:
In post 842, ofrhz wrote:Adorbs - why did you vote Vizzy over Billy?
My list I made is towniest to scummiest. I voted Vizzy because he is on the bottom of my list.
What’s wrong with sheeping? I think it’s better to sheep townreads if you have no strong scumreads than to not vote at all and having your vote be wasted.

I saw that you also think billy is playing his scum meta. Can you go into that? Would you be interested in building a billy wagon?
The game I played when Billy was scum he was asking players questions, providing his thoughts, and voting players he was scum reading. A player scum read Billy saying his play looked different from the last time they played with him and Billy got lynched because of that. I'll also be interested in building a Billy wagon.
In post 851, ofrhz wrote:
In post 846, Adorable wrote: Is there a particular player you think I got my read on wrong like for example do you think one of the players I'm leaning town you're leaning scum on?
I’m also low key curious why you responded to sauce but not Joey saying basically the same thing about your read list
Saus asked me a question I responded back to and Joey did not ask me a question.
@Adorable, if my scum meta is asking questions, providing thoughts and voting my scum reads, did you look at my town meta? Is it any different than that?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I will reread tomorrow morning. At the moment, I'm not ecstatic about the game state because I'm getting pushed by a player I'm pretty sure is town. Clearly i messed up with Dolly yesterday. That lynch happened pretty early in the day. I'm pretty skeptical of Wake here. I know hes V/LA so I cam wait until he comes back, but I see him hammering with plenty of time left in D1 when Eth0s was coming around on a read and saying he didnt want to hammer. That was about 1 day after he had asked no one to hammer until people engaged with his analysis engagement post. Now is that too obvious to be scummy? Maybe, but
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 877, Billy Pilgrim wrote:I will reread tomorrow morning. At the moment, I'm not ecstatic about the game state because I'm getting pushed by a player I'm pretty sure is town. Clearly i messed up with Dolly yesterday. That lynch happened pretty early in the day. I'm pretty skeptical of Wake here. I know hes V/LA so I cam wait until he comes back, but I see him hammering with plenty of time left in D1 when Eth0s was coming around on a read and saying he didnt want to hammer. That was about 1 day after he had asked no one to hammer until people engaged with his analysis engagement post. Now is that too obvious to be scummy? Maybe, but

Ugh, misclicked. Finishing the above. Maybe it is too obvious to be scum, but if he thought it was gonna keep the focus off a partner there was incentive there. I don't see town motivation in refusing to do a reads list when requested when he had promised it and made a big deal of holding off on a hammer until it came. And I think that definitely doesnt jibe with his earlier expressed attitude of ignoring D1.
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

Prodding Jake the Wolfie
Last edited by Saladman27 on Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by alimdia »

@Adorable, I recall what you are talking about, I think I actually touched on it briefly.

In post 877, Billy Pilgrim wrote:I will reread tomorrow morning. At the moment, I'm not ecstatic about the game state because I'm getting pushed by a player I'm pretty sure is town. Clearly i messed up with Dolly yesterday. That lynch happened pretty early in the day. I'm pretty skeptical of Wake here. I know hes V/LA so I cam wait until he comes back, but I see him hammering with plenty of time left in D1 when Eth0s was coming around on a read and saying he didnt want to hammer. That was about 1 day after he had asked no one to hammer until people engaged with his analysis engagement post. Now is that too obvious to be scummy? Maybe, but
You know you have no votes on you right? Hardly a push.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 763, alimdia wrote:I'm revoking my TR on SausasaurusRex
In post 764, alimdia wrote:^not explaining until Sausa posts more

TRs now: Joey, Arkias

My lynchpool today: {Billy, tris}
Maybes: {Invis, wake, jake}
Fuck I forgot why I revoked the TR, I needa go find it again...
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by alimdia »

lmao I could have sworn he said something along the lines of what to do on Day 2 if Dolly flips town but I might be totally dreaming about that now.....
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 870, Invisibility wrote:
In post 832, Adorable wrote:Scum/Invisibility - I did not like his interaction with Jake and I did not like the vote on Alimdia and he didn't even explain his vote. On day 2 all he's doing is sheeping.
what about them? also why didn't you like my vote on Alim and how did I not explain it?
On #379 you voted Alimdia without providing a reason. I'm looking back on your posts right now and was your explanation on #380? It would have been alot more easier for me to see if you put your explanation and vote on the same post since I did not know your explanation was on #380 instead of it being on #379.
My list I made is towniest to scummiest. I voted Vizzy because he is on the bottom of my list.
What’s wrong with sheeping? I think it’s better to sheep townreads if you have no strong scumreads than to not vote at all and having your vote be wasted.

I saw that you also think billy is playing his scum meta. Can you go into that? Would you be interested in building a billy wagon?
The game I played when Billy was scum he was asking players questions, providing his thoughts, and voting players he was scum reading. A player scum read Billy saying his play looked different from the last time they played with him and Billy got lynched because of that. I'll also be interested in building a Billy wagon.
can you explain what was bad about my interaction with Jake?
also was the reason that Billy was playing different that game that he was asking questions and stuff?

You both voting each other and then you guys get in an argument and this is the type of interaction I don't like. The game I played with Billy when he was scum, a player said his play looked different from the last game he played with Billy. This was my first game I played with Billy in it and he was asking questions, voting players he scum reads, and providing his thoughts. I don't know what Billy's town game looked like and I was talking about what Billy's scum play looked like in the game I played with him in it.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:59 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 876, Billy Pilgrim wrote:

In post 846, Adorable wrote: Is there a particular player you think I got my read on wrong like for example do you think one of the players I'm leaning town you're leaning scum on?
I’m also low key curious why you responded to sauce but not Joey saying basically the same thing about your read list
Saus asked me a question I responded back to and Joey did not ask me a question.
@Adorable, if my scum meta is asking questions, providing thoughts and voting my scum reads, did you look at my town meta? Is it any different than that?
I will have a look at your town games and see what your town meta looks like.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 862, Joey_ wrote:
In post 757, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 613, Joey_ wrote:I am probably flipping rb at some point too with how hes been playing
This comes off even more strange now than it probably did initially. Can you talk about your experience with rb?
My experience is pretty limited. We played one game as scum together a few years ago. I think I read one or two of his t games while trying to replace in one his game a while ago but never actually replaced in. One old time friend of mine (Transcend) who I respect a lot as a player told me rb was very decent and an overall great player.

Thats about it. When i know someone should be above average, I expect above average reads
I think it’s quite clear that some players reads trend towards well above average when they’re allowed any room to maneuver and build their ways the way they go about it. We simply didn’t see enough from rb or had enough information to determine the strength of his reads at the time and you feeling his weren’t up to par looks like you have information that the rest of us aren’t privy too.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 885, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 862, Joey_ wrote:
In post 757, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 613, Joey_ wrote:I am probably flipping rb at some point too with how hes been playing
This comes off even more strange now than it probably did initially. Can you talk about your experience with rb?
My experience is pretty limited. We played one game as scum together a few years ago. I think I read one or two of his t games while trying to replace in one his game a while ago but never actually replaced in. One old time friend of mine (Transcend) who I respect a lot as a player told me rb was very decent and an overall great player.

Thats about it. When i know someone should be above average, I expect above average reads
I think it’s quite clear that some players reads trend towards well above average when they’re allowed any room to maneuver and build their ways the way they go about it. We simply didn’t see enough from rb or had enough information to determine the strength of his reads at the time and you feeling his weren’t up to par looks like you have information that the rest of us aren’t privy too.
or the simpler explanation is that we had different reads, which shouldn't happens if both of us are town
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:50 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 880, alimdia wrote:@Adorable, I recall what you are talking about, I think I actually touched on it briefly.

You know you have no votes on you right? Hardly a push.
Sure, but shes trying to find out whether theres interest in a wagon on me and Adorable seems to be interested. So I'd classify that as a push.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:55 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

So why is Wake being voted again? I just kinda skimmed over the game.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:59 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 884, Adorable wrote:
In post 876, Billy Pilgrim wrote:

I will have a look at your town games and see what your town meta looks like.
So you leaned me scum based on playing within my scum meta and didnt check to see if it was outside my town meta? And I mean, the things you pointed out, asking questions of slots, providing thoughts and voting my scum reads, is any of that scum indicative from a meta perspective? I dont get how I'm scum from your perspective here. You replaced Arkias? So early on the Dolly Wagon, that sort of weird attitude around the Invisibility slot, and coming in with pretty shallow comments and conf!biasing me toward scum while Ofhrz was soft pushing me.

VOTE: Adorable
I think the Pokemon may be trying to murder us in our sleep.
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 883, Adorable wrote:

also was the reason that Billy was playing different that game that he was asking questions and stuff?

You both voting each other and then you guys get in an argument and this is the type of interaction I don't like. The game I played with Billy when he was scum, a player said his play looked different from the last game he played with Billy. This was my first game I played with Billy in it and he was asking questions, voting players he scum reads, and providing his thoughts. I don't know what Billy's town game looked like and I was talking about what Billy's scum play looked like in the game I played with him in it.
why am I bad in that interaction and not Jake? and why is getting into an argument bad anyway?!?!?!??
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:16 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 876, Billy Pilgrim wrote:@Adorable, if my scum meta is asking questions, providing thoughts and voting my scum reads, did you look at my town meta? Is it any different than that?
Wait actually I don’t know how I missed jigglypuff’s post the first time around but

Asking questions, providing thoughts, voting scumreads are all things people do as town??? Even if those are things billy did in his last scum game, it probably comes from him emulating his town meta rather than it being scum indicative
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:20 am

Post by ofrhz »

^ that was at adorable, i messed up the quote
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 891, ofrhz wrote:
In post 876, Billy Pilgrim wrote:@Adorable, if my scum meta is asking questions, providing thoughts and voting my scum reads, did you look at my town meta? Is it any different than that?
Wait actually I don’t know how I missed jigglypuff’s post the first time around but

Asking questions, providing thoughts, voting scumreads are all things people do as town??? Even if those are things billy did in his last scum game, it probably comes from him emulating his town meta rather than it being scum indicative
That was my point, that really threw me off when I read the post.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:22 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Town-leaning:
Wake, Alimdia, Jake, Ofrhz.
Null:
Lil Uzi Vert, Adorable, Billy Pilgrim
Scum-leaning:
Invisible, Joey

I had written a detailed post, but mafiascum decided to delete 30 minutes worth of work. If you would like any more information on any of these reads, just ask.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Adorable »

I did not like Billy's response to me. If he took the time to look at my read list he should know why I scum read his slot. I've pretty much said what Billy's play looked like when I played a game with scum Billy. My scum read on his slot was mostly how his predecessor played I did not like how it played.

VOTE: Billy Pilgrim

Billy said he would reread the game and if he reread the game, he would have seen the reason why I scum read his slot by looking at my read list. His vote on me looked like I scum read his slot for asking questions, providing thoughts, and voting players he scum reads when that is not the reason why I am scum reading him for. I have been scum reading both Invisibility and Billy on day 2.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:48 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 890, Invisibility wrote:

why am I bad in that interaction and not Jake? and why is getting into an argument bad anyway?!?!?!??
You both looked bad and getting in an argument in a mafia game can be stressful for some players.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 894, SausasaurusRex wrote:Town-leaning:
Wake, Alimdia, Jake, Ofrhz.
Null:
Lil Uzi Vert, Adorable, Billy Pilgrim
Scum-leaning:
Invisible, Joey

I had written a detailed post, but mafiascum decided to delete 30 minutes worth of work. If you would like any more information on any of these reads, just ask.
irrc you said i was town a few pages ago, what changed?
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 896, Adorable wrote:
In post 890, Invisibility wrote:

You both looked bad and getting in an argument in a mafia game can be stressful for some players.
why's he neutral and i'm scum?
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Invisibility »

hmm maybe I shouldn't quote the entire massive quote blob