Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo (Day 3)

Forum rules
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:35 am

Post by Joey_ »

Threat**
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Adorable »

Invisibility keeps switching his votes around to different players and I don't see this townie and he doesn't give good reasoning to his votes. On day 1 he votes Jake, switches his vote to Luv, Jake scum reads Invisibility and votes him and then Invisibility votes Jake back. Later when the argument on the Jake and Invisibility stopped, Invisibility votes Alimdia. On day 2 he votes Billy, switches his vote to Wake, and then switches to me. Invisibility has been all over the place. During my catch up I saw Billy's vote on Dolly mentioning her posts but I did not look into Dolly's post during my catch up when Billy mentioned them. When I looked at Dolly's posts Billy mentioned about his vote, it didn't look good and those were the posts he mentioned that looked like it was still rvs at the time. I'll quote Dolly's posts and first I need to find them and it will take a while.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:11 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Yeah, I can see Adorable as more lynchbaity than scum.

VOTE: Wake

By my count that's L-3.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Adorable »

When you look at Billy's vote on Dolly at #504 this is what his vote reason looked like.
In post 21, Dolly Parton wrote:what a hoot

A mod RVS vote is worse than a self RVS vote.

VOTE: Sausaurus

Happy Scumday eth0s!
Billy scum reads Dolly for being the third vote after rb and eth0s on an rvs vote.
In post 32, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 30, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 28, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 27, SausasaurusRex wrote:I ... didn’t expect this reaction. This is my first non-newbie game, and the first time I’ve participated in RVS. I was under the assumption you can bite anyone, and nothing is taken seriously in this stage. It appears I was wrong.

UNVOTE:
Well tell us... Is you a newbie scummy or a newbie towny? You're answer is always 100% right or wrong here... Choose wisely.
Town. It doesn’t matter to make this known, because the scum know everyone’s alignments anyway, unless there’s a third party in this game.
Aight den.

I'll believe you for now.

UNVOTE:

moving on

VOTE: jake

Because you ain't posted yet.
Billy said she backed off the vote immediately and this was still rvs at the time and most of the time rvs votes are not taken seriously and they are always seen as joke votes.
In post 181, Dolly Parton wrote:Either that or he was eager af to get get off of that invis wagon...

Note to self.
Billy also added Dolly shading rb for later after her joke claim on #181. I don't see Dolly mentioning rb on #181 and was this a posting error?
In post 441, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 439, Invisibility wrote:
In post 413, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 376, Invisibility wrote:
In post 333, Dolly Parton wrote:VOTE: Jake The Wolfie

Follow me Almi let's put this counter wagon to the test.
are we svs or do you not think I slipped anymore
I believed in the slip just enough to get on the wagon. SvS? Maybe, I highly doubt it though.
so you don’t believe the slip anymore
I don't don't believe it. I just don't think it's worth pursuing anymore. Doesn't mean it might be relevant later on down the road.
Billy says this post feels like scum trying to keep their mislynch option open when she won't say one way or another whether she thinks Invisibility is scum. I'm assuming in this post Billy meant scum Dolly plans on leaving Invisibility as a lynch option next day.

When I looked at Dolly's posts Billy mentions that he scum reads her for, most of these posts looked like rvs except for the last post. So basically Billy scum read Dolly's rvs posts which is normally jokes and that shouldn't be taken seriously. Billy needs to explain himself.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I snipped the quote since it was so long.

The first thing you mentioned wasnt about her being third on an RVS wagon, it was her being 3rd on an RVS wagon using reasoning that she had available to her at a time when she could have been first on the wagon. That pinged me because it looked like it was taking advantage of the opportunity.

I'm gonna cut and paste my reasoning from 504:
Dont like the positioning around wagons early (in particular the Sausarex one). Sausa votes the mod at 14. Dolly posts next and says nothing about the mod vote just says she's an alt. Then 4 posts later rb votes him then Eth0s next. Then Dolly votes third.

32 and 181 was something I was reading in conjunction. She shaded rb because he had been 3rd on the invis wagon and she said he was looking for an excuse to get off it, which I said is something that may have been her motivation on 32 when it didnt light fire. Dolly didnt mention rb in 181, but I'm pretty sure based on the game state at the time it was in reference to him.

I also mentioned the joke claim, the overconfidence wrt to invisibility's slot. Btw, I know I have a meta that's different from other players here and it gets my reads off. This time it has ofhrz scumreading me. I'm not all that confident in my reads. So when I was getting frustrated at Dolly it's because I figured there was at least a decent chance she was town and frustrated. I still thought she was my best lead for scum, but because I'm wrong often, I figured that it could be genuine from her.

Honestly the overconfidence usually pings me from town since the only people that should be that confident about alignments are scum. So I'm finding it interesting that this is the first time I'm being scumread for my lack of confidence when i have frequently scumread folks for overconfidence.
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Saladman27 »

VC 2.5
In post 56, bugspray wrote:*hands Donald duck a pair of sunglasses* you're pretty cool
In post 57, BigFatDonald wrote:
In post 56, bugspray wrote:*hands Donald duck a pair of sunglasses* you're pretty cool
*Hands bug spray some free chick-fill-a*
Your pretty cool too
In post 58, bugspray wrote:
Your pretty cool too
i'll still eat it but next time invite me over and we can cook a nice dinner together (maybe even call it a date? ;) )

*brandishes a yaoi paddle* (just found out about those things recently holy CRAP what a terrible mistake)
In post 59, BigFatDonald wrote:
In post 58, bugspray wrote:
Your pretty cool too
i'll still eat it but next time invite me over and we can cook a nice dinner together (maybe even call it a date? ;) )

*brandishes a yaoi paddle* (just found out about those things recently holy CRAP what a terrible mistake)
1.Im not looking for dates so sorry
2.We can be friends though
3.I see what you mean in the vote
4.Yaoi paddles are the makings of a very evil person
Wake88 (2) -
Joey_, Billy Pilgrim
Lil Uzi Vert (2) -
alimdia, ofrhz
Adorable (1) -
Invisibility
Billy Pilgrim (1) -
Adorable

Not Voting (5) -
SausasaurusRex, Wake88, Jake The Wolfie,, Lil Uzi Vert

With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 2 ends in
(expired on 2019-12-25 18:22:39)

Game Notes

- Wake88 is V/LA until 18th of December.
- Alimdia is V/LA from the 17th to the 18th of December.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:38 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 926, Adorable wrote:Invisibility keeps switching his votes around to different players and I don't see this townie and he doesn't give good reasoning to his votes. On day 1 he votes Jake, switches his vote to Luv, Jake scum reads Invisibility and votes him and then Invisibility votes Jake back. Later when the argument on the Jake and Invisibility stopped, Invisibility votes Alimdia. On day 2 he votes Billy, switches his vote to Wake, and then switches to me. Invisibility has been all over the place. During my catch up I saw Billy's vote on Dolly mentioning her posts but I did not look into Dolly's post during my catch up when Billy mentioned them. When I looked at Dolly's posts Billy mentioned about his vote, it didn't look good and those were the posts he mentioned that looked like it was still rvs at the time. I'll quote Dolly's posts and first I need to find them and it will take a while.
I feel pretty good about calling invisibility town. His thoughts have been very natural and unfiltered

His vote jumping on day 2 makes sense to me. He was sheeping his townreads when he voted billy and wake. Sheeping isn’t scummy- in fact, it’s townier than not voting at all

I think his vote on you makes a lot of sense given his posts around the time. This case basically boils down to “invisibility doesn’t write a lot of words,” which is true but isn’t scummy. I haven’t had trouble following his thought process
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:40 am

Post by ofrhz »

VOTE: wake

I can get down with this wagon
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Joey_ »

We should let wake answer the push/claim before hammering, his vla ends tomorrow
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:25 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 910, alimdia wrote:
In post 174, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 167, Dolly Parton wrote:Would have been cooler if you had rode this out with me though.
This heavily implies Dolly was lying. Why would Wake need to ride it out if she’d been telling the truth?

VOTE: Dolly Parton

I don’t like Invis’s slip either though. Perhaps a D2 lynch if the Dolly one doesn’t work.
Btw I just remembered why I revoked my TR on Sausaurus .

If we look through his ISO he was very focused on invis, then voted Dolly, then day 2 starts and he doens't mention invis at all.

If invis is town, this man is 100% scum. If invis is scum, I'm not so sure...
I did mention Invisible. He was on my scum-leaning list. The reason I haven’t talked about him much is because I don’t feel he’s done anything that other players haven’t already mentioned, and there was no reason to repeat them.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 934, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 167, Dolly Parton wrote:Would have been cooler if you had rode this out with me though.
This heavily implies Dolly was lying. Why would Wake need to ride it out if she’d been telling the truth?

I don’t like Invis’s slip either though. Perhaps a D2 lynch if the Dolly one doesn’t work.

If we look through his ISO he was very focused on invis, then voted Dolly, then day 2 starts and he doens't mention invis at all.

I did mention Invisible. He was on my scum-leaning list. The reason I haven’t talked about him much is because I don’t feel he’s done anything that other players haven’t already mentioned, and there was no reason to repeat them.
Not one actually coherently formulated a scumread on invs besides petty omguses. So what has already been mentioned?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:35 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 935, Joey_ wrote:
In post 934, SausasaurusRex wrote:

Not one actually coherently formulated a scumread on invs besides petty omguses. So what has already been mentioned?
Adorable mentions how Invisible sheeps in , and scumreads and votes him for it. I had thought there was more than this, but I seem to no longer be able to find it.
However, you will notice Invisible has been moved form scum to scum-leaning, which is because of his lack of anything majorly scummy in D1.
Can I ask what you mean by omguses?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Joey_ »

What is scummy about inv at all ?

Voting/Sheeping isn't scummy at face value, you need to explain why is it in the context. The fact he went down from scum to scum-leaning when you still have no reason to fos them whatsoever (that you can formulate via words) is not enough.

Why do you read inv as scum-leaning? You mentioned D1, what about D2?

OMGUS = ""Oh My God U Suck" which is a large term used to denotes ppl who's their reaction when voted/fosed is to fos/scumread that person back, like so:

1 Sauce: "lol joey u so sc0m u did X"
2. Joey: "OMG Sauce you suck!!! then proceeds to vote : Sauce

Basically its a classic reactions that is seen in both alignement. The reason why I brought it up is because while it's pretty common, it's petty and has often no logic behind the OMGUS (vote) since it's pretty obv to everyone that town does happens to fos town (so its NAI per se).
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:58 am

Post by Joey_ »

Basically OMGUS are not cases in 95% of the time and its low level rhetoric with no substance, so I am discrediting the cases on inv ATM. I haven't seen anything other the slip that could make sens, and even then, it's FAR from enough
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Sauce, you never talked about your townread on wake
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 929, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Honestly the overconfidence usually pings me from town since the only people that should be that confident about alignments are scum. So I'm finding it interesting that this is the first time I'm being scumread for my lack of confidence when i have frequently scumread folks for overconfidence.
I don’t think anyone is really scumreading you for lack of confidence
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 940, ofrhz wrote:
In post 929, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Honestly the overconfidence usually pings me from town since the only people that should be that confident about alignments are scum. So I'm finding it interesting that this is the first time I'm being scumread for my lack of confidence when i have frequently scumread folks for overconfidence.
I don’t think anyone is really scumreading you for lack of confidence
I'm reading into what your comments about me were. You thought my reaction toward a scumread wasnt genuine. I always think theres a decent chance that a scumread of mine is town. So when she tried to drag herself and Jake into the 1v1 deathtunnel, my frustration was real. Because I've seen plenty of townies do scummy things, and it hurts my ability to swing my read around. You've seen me swing my read around on a dime, but with what she was doing with Jake I wasnt gonna be able to do that. Eth0s was coming around at the end, but i didnt think i was going to be able to. That was my frustration.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Ladies and gentlemen, Billy just towntold in 941 by showing a town pov
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by Joey_ »

I am about 90%+ certain that both billy and orhz are town, yet it is so hard to have a wagon of more than 3 votes happening, including mine

I wonder why /s

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:34 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'll be looking over this game tonight.

Wrapping up my 6th straight 12-hour night shift in a row in 3 hours.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:23 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Based on the current gamestate, it seems rather Lax, like the wolves aren't trying too hard.
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:34 am

Post by Invisibility »

VOTE: wake sounds TOTALLY ROCKIN
adorable still isn’t town
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:02 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 945, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Based on the current gamestate, it seems rather Lax, like the wolves aren't trying too hard.
thoughts on adorable?
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:22 am

Post by Joey_ »

@wake claim in your next string of posts
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:30 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Does anyone know what the likely number of scum is in this setup? I think this is my first time playing at this after count. Haunted Village was around this player count but an open setup so we knew 3 scum. Is that what's likely here? I ask, because that means that if we mislynch tomorrow is probably LYLO or MYLO.