Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo (Day 3)

Forum rules
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Invisibility »

It’s probably 3
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Invisibility »

13p is almost always 3
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Invisibility »

I think if vig shoots we’re in mylo?
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Invisibility »

oh wait never mind we’re in mylo regardless
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 953, Invisibility wrote:oh wait never mind we’re in mylo regardless

Huh?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:39 am

Post by ofrhz »

8-3 is mylo
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:40 am

Post by ofrhz »

Errr 5-3 i mean
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:56 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

That last post from Invis may have been a slip, but maybe it was my phrasing since Ofhrz did the same thing.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Joey_ »

Assuming theres a vig with 3 mefia and vig miss + a mislynch today and vig is not hit, its lylo tomorrow with 4-3
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 957, Billy Pilgrim wrote:That last post from Invis may have been a slip, but maybe it was my phrasing since Ofhrz did the same thing.
how was it a slip???
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 952, Invisibility wrote:I think if vig shoots we’re in mylo?
also I mean if vig shoots town if it wasn’t already clear
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:18 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I read 953 as you knowing Wake's alignment. I then reread my post and realized that I had said if today is a mislynch then we're in MYLO or LYLO tomorrow.

So I realized that 953 is more likely due to my original phrasing.
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Invisibility »

yeah
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:49 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Why is it that it feels like the only people that are playing are me joey ofhrz and invisible, and yet no one has hit prod range yet.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by ofrhz »

This game doesn’t really take off if people only post once every 46 hours
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 944, Wake1 wrote:I'll be looking over this game tonight.

Wrapping up my 6th straight 12-hour night shift in a row in 3 hours.
I am assuming ure admitting to being a dirty mefia via no effort

@billy; i literraly keep myself from posting because i made like 30% of the game's content
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Also a last argurment for wake as mefia, he lied in 944;

You can't even have a single 12h-shift in 3 hours.. yet alone 6
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by Adorable »

VOTE: Unvote

For those who mentioned about the sheeping, on other mafia forums players say sheeping is scummy. Normally it is always plurality lynch and a mafia can easily sheep any player to save a mafia player from getting lynched.

Looks like we're all waiting on Wake.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by Adorable »

I still haven't figured out how to use those tags right.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 922, Joey_ wrote:
In post 921, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 915, Joey_ wrote:
In post 913, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 888, Jake The Wolfie wrote:So why is Wake being voted again? I just kinda skimmed over the game.
I honestly have no idea other than him hammering Dolly.
Obviously you haven’t been reading the game
If it’s about him stating he didn’t see who flipped and not caring either, then that’s pretty laughable.
Hey, you have been reading! But did you read correctly ? The point I did bring is much beyond just not seeing the names and IMO is AI. Now feel free to explain to me why the rationale is incorrect and I will genuinely read you and try to consider your point.

Thats also one of the 2 points I outed against wake, the first one was D1 and ans was about the incoherence in his stated intentions and actual posting, which is also AI. Again, feel free to read up and counter argue

That being said, it is the only case ATM on the table that goes beyond disagreeing on content and bad tone.
-ofrz thinks billy is mefia for tone and disliked his agressive content. That case has merits but is not universally relatable especially by people who can’t read
-inv thinks jiggly is mefia; idk even why but irrc its def an OMGUs kind of read

I dont think anyone is pushing anyone else atm.

Me on wake;
-D1 incoherence, explained in length d1
-D1 hammer was sketchy, could easily come from mefia
-D2 defensiveness and his narrative when I asked ethos about his d1 pre-twilight post
-D2 him seeing two kills but not looking at the name, explained in length

@LUV there is still 3 mefias on the table and I haven’t seen you do anything else than trying to very badly spin my words and shading me. Even if I was mefia, then who are the others?

Do you even have any trs? Read your iso, you havent done jack shit
It’s not uncommon these days for people to tend to skip large chunks of text when reading. I have friends who read super fast, but skim so much, and don't even realize their skimming a lot. But then someone asks them what was on the previous page, and though they just read it, they don't remember it.

You find it weird that he noticed a second kill without knowing who was killed. You argue him not noticing means he’s satisfied with limited information. All of this is fair until motivation comes into play. Where’s the scum agenda?

The optimal play for scum is to not mention that their might be a vigilante because it can lead to the shots being decided by town, rather than the vigilante deciding unilaterally. The former is a big advantage for town, because you’re essentially getting all the advantages of a lynch with pretty much no risk. Also if the vigilante themselves is the player who would be killed, they have no need to claim; so long as it's sufficiently established that they are town, they can kill someone else, dodging the scum kill in the process, and getting off one last shot the next day.

As for your point referencing his Day 1 play, why does incoherence make him scum? Town can absolutely be inconsistent, illogical, or unclear. I’d argue more often than scum. Scum tend to aim for consistency. They'll often try beyond what's natural to nail that feeling of it being consistent. They put in the effort, make it deliberately overall the same pattern. And in doing so, it becomes somewhat artificial. Town, however, will just keep themselves spewing out what they please. And in doing so, they'll keep themselves rather consistent, simply because they're town; they're being honest, and speaking their truthful opinion. And because there is no lie involved, because it's natural, instead of artificial, they are less likely overall to slip up. Sure, they'll have contradictions, but their contradictions will mostly seem natural, honest mistakes which can be made simply from not thinking. Scum, however, when making their contradictions, will read more like a slip, something which slipped through the cracks in their web of lies. Not from not thinking, simply from not thinking enough.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:47 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I have a feeling you’re scum but I can’t quite articulate why.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I keep having this nagging feeling that you’re trying to speed the game up to avoid town noticing why you haven’t been night killed.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I don’t like that Wake is posting elsewhere right now though so I think I’ll have to compromise.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 972, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don’t like that Wake is posting elsewhere right now though so I think I’ll have to compromise.
For one, don't talk about my on-going games.

For two, I'm now going to catch up on this game.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 969, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 922, Joey_ wrote:
In post 921, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 915, Joey_ wrote:
In post 913, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 888, Jake The Wolfie wrote:So why is Wake being voted again? I just kinda skimmed over the game.
I honestly have no idea other than him hammering Dolly.
Obviously you haven’t been reading the game
If it’s about him stating he didn’t see who flipped and not caring either, then that’s pretty laughable.
Hey, you have been reading! But did you read correctly ? The point I did bring is much beyond just not seeing the names and IMO is AI. Now feel free to explain to me why the rationale is incorrect and I will genuinely read you and try to consider your point.

Thats also one of the 2 points I outed against wake, the first one was D1 and ans was about the incoherence in his stated intentions and actual posting, which is also AI. Again, feel free to read up and counter argue

That being said, it is the only case ATM on the table that goes beyond disagreeing on content and bad tone.
-ofrz thinks billy is mefia for tone and disliked his agressive content. That case has merits but is not universally relatable especially by people who can’t read
-inv thinks jiggly is mefia; idk even why but irrc its def an OMGUs kind of read

I dont think anyone is pushing anyone else atm.

Me on wake;
-D1 incoherence, explained in length d1
-D1 hammer was sketchy, could easily come from mefia
-D2 defensiveness and his narrative when I asked ethos about his d1 pre-twilight post
-D2 him seeing two kills but not looking at the name, explained in length

@LUV there is still 3 mefias on the table and I haven’t seen you do anything else than trying to very badly spin my words and shading me. Even if I was mefia, then who are the others?

Do you even have any trs? Read your iso, you havent done jack shit
It’s not uncommon these days for people to tend to skip large chunks of text when reading. I have friends who read super fast, but skim so much, and don't even realize their skimming a lot. But then someone asks them what was on the previous page, and though they just read it, they don't remember it.

You find it weird that he noticed a second kill without knowing who was killed. You argue him not noticing means he’s satisfied with limited information. All of this is fair until motivation comes into play. Where’s the scum agenda?

The optimal play for scum is to not mention that their might be a vigilante because it can lead to the shots being decided by town, rather than the vigilante deciding unilaterally. The former is a big advantage for town, because you’re essentially getting all the advantages of a lynch with pretty much no risk. Also if the vigilante themselves is the player who would be killed, they have no need to claim; so long as it's sufficiently established that they are town, they can kill someone else, dodging the scum kill in the process, and getting off one last shot the next day.

As for your point referencing his Day 1 play, why does incoherence make him scum? Town can absolutely be inconsistent, illogical, or unclear. I’d argue more often than scum. Scum tend to aim for consistency. They'll often try beyond what's natural to nail that feeling of it being consistent. They put in the effort, make it deliberately overall the same pattern. And in doing so, it becomes somewhat artificial. Town, however, will just keep themselves spewing out what they please. And in doing so, they'll keep themselves rather consistent, simply because they're town; they're being honest, and speaking their truthful opinion. And because there is no lie involved, because it's natural, instead of artificial, they are less likely overall to slip up. Sure, they'll have contradictions, but their contradictions will mostly seem natural, honest mistakes which can be made simply from not thinking. Scum, however, when making their contradictions, will read more like a slip, something which slipped through the cracks in their web of lies. Not from not thinking, simply from not thinking enough.
1. True, but thats not my point. My point is that a flip is not just any paragraph or like any other posts; they are the most important posts in the game. The scum agenda is exactly in him admitting to having seen 2 kills yet failed to know who was killed, thats scum agenda because this scenarios NEVER happens in a town POV. Wake just fucked up and was caught

2. See --> Wake fucked up and it wasn't about vig mechanics, he just showed a scum pov where he wouldn't bother reading the kills

3. Yea town is incoherent and I won't even disagree that town might even be more incoherent than scum if you really want to counterargue. But it's just not incoherence; he straight up said more than once he would do X then failed to do so. It's much more keen to being disingenius than "pure incoherence" but yea, it was scummy af but it's almost never a single thing that makes someone scum. He just shat the bed many times, that incoherence was like when my read passed from scum-leaning to hard scumread.

4. You are way too focused on counter arguing because you are biased and believe i am powerwolfing through this game, just chill boyo. I think you towntold in that post so overall it's pretty good that you are triggered by my play