EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Newbie 1976 Mason PT

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

You may discuss the game here.
Last edited by Xtoxm on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Kanna
Kanna
Innocent Child
Kanna
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Kanna »

hello mason partner :>
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:28 am

Post by Datisi »

Hello new friend!

It's funny, I was full on expecting a Mafia role PM
but nope I'm a Mason! :D
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:33 am

Post by Datisi »

And I see you've already rolled Mason once before?

Anyway, I rarely get killed early as Town, so my plan for this game will probably be to play as usual.

Also when I was thinking about how I'd like to play as a Mason, I was theoretically thinking of one of us claiming something other than Mason if we're forced to (for example Cop with a clear on the other), and then fishing for a CC/a different role claim.

And another fair warning, I talk
a lot
in PTs, so if I'm getting annoying feel free to tell me to shut up :lol:
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:39 am

Post by Datisi »

Also I will work on crumbing our role asap. I usually do it in my first posts, but I kinda forgot to right now, oops.
~M
Kanna
Kanna
Innocent Child
Kanna
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:22 am

Post by Kanna »

Yup, I’ve rolled mason back to back now but it’s a really fun role so no complaints :D

Also YES to fakeclaiming; that was actually my plan last game but we ended up not doing it.
Kanna
Kanna
Innocent Child
Kanna
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:24 am

Post by Kanna »

Should I crumb too? Also how exactly do you crumb?
Kanna
Kanna
Innocent Child
Kanna
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Kanna »

Also feel free to talk a lot; there’s no rules in our secret clubhouse
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:26 am

Post by Datisi »

I've been in a Mason game once where a Mason claimed Cop with a fake guilty, but it ended up doing more harm than good. So I kinda don't wanna go the "claiming a fake guilty for reactions" route.

pedit: hold on i'll show you what I'm doing in a second
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:30 am

Post by Datisi »

Spoiler:
In post 21, Datisi wrote:Pretty much how I start every one of my
m
eetups.
In post 24, Datisi wrote:Nope, I was replaced by Ducky! But him and I had similar reads, so I don't think in the end it ended up mattering
a
nyway
In post 25, Datisi wrote:p-p-p-pagetop
s
teal
In post 29, Datisi wrote:We met back in '63.
And are we really that
o
bvious? :3

I've crumbed like this in a previos game once, and nobody found it. The first letter of the last word of my posts is going to spell out "mason kanna" (for now it just spells "maso")

The reason I'm crumbing is in the unlikely scenario that one of us dies early without having claimed who out partner is, and scum gets a bright idea to cc the living Mason. Also if we somehow both survive to LyLo and wanna try a fakeclaiming strategy, I like to have some assurance we'll be believed later.

You can crumb as well if you want to make it ironclad, if you believe you can keep the posts sounding natural/not make it too obvious.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:31 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 7, Kanna wrote:Also feel free to talk a lot; there’s no rules in our secret clubhouse
Hah, I don't wanna annoy my Mason buddy! But yes, expect me to write notes and thoughts in here.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:33 am

Post by Datisi »

Oh, one more thing. While we obviously should be TRing and protecting each other, I reccomend you don't put me
too
high in your readslist, because that increases the odds of me becoming the NK. I'll probably do the same for you, yeah?
~M
Kanna
Kanna
Innocent Child
Kanna
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 8, Datisi wrote:I've been in a Mason game once where a Mason claimed Cop with a fake guilty, but it ended up doing more harm than good. So I kinda don't wanna go the "claiming a fake guilty for reactions" route.

pedit: hold on i'll show you what I'm doing in a second
oh that’s a good crumb! In that case, maybe I won’t crumb cause more crumbing = more danger, yes? I think your crumb is enough verification for the both of us.
Kanna
Kanna
Innocent Child
Kanna
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Kanna »

Wtf just happened ignore that quote
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Datisi »

Well yes, more crumbs we get out bigger the chance that someone spots them. And in case I die, you can use it to clear yourself anyway.

And you probably accidentally pressed the Q+ button?
~M
Kanna
Kanna
Innocent Child
Kanna
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Kanna »

But yeah, last time my plan was one of us claim cop with an innocent report on the other (would’ve worked too) so we can definitely try that! It’s basically no risk if it goes wrong too cause worst case scenario is scum don’t CC
Kanna
Kanna
Innocent Child
Kanna
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 11, Datisi wrote:Oh, one more thing. While we obviously should be TRing and protecting each other, I reccomend you don't put me
too
high in your readslist, because that increases the odds of me becoming the NK. I'll probably do the same for you, yeah?
Also yup understood!
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Datisi »

I've actually been thinking about that, and a mild risk is if we're in row A (and scum believes there's a Doc) they could RB the claimed Cop and shoot whoever the Cop claims an innocent report on? I've been thinking if there is any point in claiming an innocent report on a random person actually. Since if it's row C the "Cop" is going to die anyway, and we'll have a crumb to prove who the other Mason is.

pedit: alright great! And remember to also interact with me in thread too, so again it doesn't look too obvious we know each other haha
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Datisi »

Though if it's row A then coming out the next day saying "yeah i'm not actually the Cop lol" would be funny... And if we claimed an inno on a Mafia what would've been both hilarous and get us killed. Hm... Yeah, I haven't thought through these fakeclaims :lol:
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:35 am

Post by Datisi »

Hah, I was wondering how to cram in a word that starts with K, when I realized I can just write your name there.

Btw, you've played with some of these players? I've shortly played with Jackson and have one game with Salad a while ago.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Datisi »

Hmmmm... Early gut townpings on Map Wolf and scumpings on Norway, but knowing my usual read accuracy they're most likely the other way around. :lol:
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Datisi »

Why is Norway yelling at me :c
~M
Kanna
Kanna
Innocent Child
Kanna
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Kanna »

@cop gamble; oh that's spicy :> But yeah you make some good points and I want to think it over again. I'm assuming we're potentially doing it a bit later so we still have time to work out the kinks
Kanna
Kanna
Innocent Child
Kanna
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 20, Datisi wrote:Hmmmm... Early gut townpings on Map Wolf and scumpings on Norway, but knowing my usual read accuracy they're most likely the other way around. :lol:
*flashback to my last game where I hard defended scum at deadline*
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Datisi »

*flashbacks to every single one of my towngames holy shit how am i so bad of a Town player*

Also, do you find Nor kinda scummy as well, or are you just following me? Please don't blindly follow me my reads are probably garbage
~M