jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:33 am

Post by jjh927 »

Also klick wagon developed before ofrhz wagon
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Klick »

In post 422, Chemist1422 wrote:Klick have you and your team read my ofrhz case?
Sorry Chemist just realised that I hadn't responded to this.
By case, did you mean this post?
In post 405, Chemist1422 wrote:VOTE: ofrhz

I think I wanna go here right now

I didn’t like 134 trying to sort of push aside his previous interaction and his Kerset vote felt weak at best
I think i'm fine with 134? My read was that ofrhz realised the conversation with Jingle stopped being productive or helpful to town (something that I'm really bad at regulating for myself, when to stop pointless conversations).
The Kerset vote isn't that strong, but I dunno that it needs to be? It seems like an honest representation of her early thoughts - in contrast to what a bunch of people do, which is go hard with little substance. It weirdly reminds me of Bella's early play.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:35 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 549, Bitmap wrote:jj's read list is really bad.

Scum is pushing Klick because they think he's a weak slot.
Well of course you'd say that
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:36 am

Post by Bitmap »

I mean I know I'm only being pushed because scum team is afraid of RC.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

why is RC more relevant to this game than literally any actual player in it
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Klick »

In post 547, jjh927 wrote:
In post 544, Klick wrote:Explain the Bitmap bit a bit more, jjh?
You're one of the likely lynches and Bitmap has quite a developed read on you and now he's going off on a vanity wagon
I don't think I'm close to a 'likely lynch' at this point. Half the wagon has no strong feelings about me.

We agree on hito being the most likely potential scum on my wagon.
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 554, Chemist1422 wrote:why is RC more relevant to this game than literally any actual player in it
Do you disagree with my statement?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Klick »

Who specifically is doing this?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:40 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'd say there was more support and potential support floating around when bitmap first started to call you town
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 556, Bitmap wrote:
In post 554, Chemist1422 wrote:why is RC more relevant to this game than literally any actual player in it
It’s like

proxy egotistical

And yeah sort of
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:41 am

Post by jjh927 »

Not Chemist but I think your statement is both wrong and also incongruous with things you've said about RC before
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 557, Klick wrote:

I originally thought it could be Alisae but I'm unsure what I think of Alisae atm.
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 560, jjh927 wrote:
Not Chemist but I think your statement is both wrong and also incongruous with things you've said about RC before
Elaborate pls.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Klick »

In post 561, Bitmap wrote:
In post 557, Klick wrote:

I originally thought it could be Alisae but I'm unsure what I think of Alisae atm.
Ughhh this is giving me heebie jeebies.

You think 'scum' is trying to get an easy wagon on me
But you have no concrete thoughts on who that is, and you're not that invested in finding out
And your vote is on Jingle.
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Bitmap »

No one in this game takes my reads seriously so I stopped tryharding.
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Bitmap »

Klick how about you work with me and try to figure out the worst offender on your wagon. Do you still think it's hito?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:52 am

Post by jjh927 »

Who do you think would actually scared of RC having a proxy presence in this game when he's not even the best player in your team, nor is he in the game, nor would he be the best town player in the game if he were.
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 566, jjh927 wrote:Who do you think would actually scared of RC having a proxy presence in this game when he's not even the best player in your team, nor is he in the game, nor would he be the best town player in the game if he were.
Every game I've played with him, scum pt talks way too much about how to deal with him. Town talks way too much about him. Every game he's remotely connected to, he's just talked about so much.

Also, you realize he has a good chance of winning Paragon this year and has a multitude of nths on his nom?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:57 am

Post by jjh927 »

Also who was pushing you that caused you to make that post
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Klick »

Bitmap, if you're town, don't let them get to you - there was always going to be an elitist or two in any given game that had no intention of listening to anyone but the couple of people they considered best, but Mafia is a team game and trying your best anyway is absolutely going to help.
For example, most of your original content thus far has given me a pretty strong townread on you.

PEdit: hito has the worst vote on my wagon by far. I'm null on Menalque so far, and I have a townlean on Alisae while my team isn't thrilled with her. Mastina strikes me as probably town.
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:03 am

Post by mastina »

In post 534, Kerset wrote:
In post 526, mastina wrote:
In post 482, Kerset wrote: It is a first step to discredit bitmap. Just look at mastina.
You're saying...*I*...am discrediting
Bitmap
?

Mate you got those names backwards because one of the reasons why Bitmap is my strongest scumread is that Bitmap has gone out of his way to discredit me.
So tell me where did this started?
So do you want me to quote the first instance of Bitmap discrediting me, or every instance of Bitmap discrediting me?

The former is easy enough to do from a phone, but is pretty useless for anyone; the latter as it'd be quoting half of Bitmaps iso would be impossible to do on my phone but would be considerably more compelling.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:05 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 528, Bitmap wrote:hito, are you just town reading Alisae for effort?
nah, Alisae's stronger for starting the Klick wagon - you can clearly see how Alisae is trying to use it to sort and it speaks really well to what eir motivations are here. Menal's good reaction is clearly what e was fishing for.
In post 527, mastina wrote:The short version: Bitmap's strong focus on me when I am scumreading me + going out of the way to try and discredit me and downplay me as a player, is far more scum indicative and that's what I got.
Bitmap's pretty much indicated he wants to ignore you, i.e not push your wagon all day. What's the scum motivation there? How much can that really be called "strong focus"?
In post 531, Klick wrote: My vote on you had little to do with Shadow's vote on you, with independent reasons given. I didn't consciously realise Shadow was voting you when I voted you - I knew you had something resembling a wagon but couldn't recall who all was on it.
But that's exactly what I'm getting at. How on earth do you post shit like this:
In post 248, Klick wrote:Shadow come solve this game with your favorite kawaii pink blob <(^-^)>
Right now I think you could pretty easily be scum but I'd totally be willing to ignore that if you went scumhunting with me!
In post 263, Klick wrote: Sorry, by 'scumhunting' I just meant solving in general. My style is usually townhunting too tbf. I just want to see some Shadow thoughts because you're someone I'd feel comfortable and confident chatting things out with.
So I also want to see your townreads! But like, yours specifically, your team is nice and all but I want to know what you think. You're reading me as town - who else?
And then not even notice that you're voting the same person as she is? If you care so much about Shadoweh's read contingent on her being town, wouldn't you at least remember her biggest scum read?
I had this question for you in my head as I was going to sleep last night - as a general rule, do you tend to scumhunt as though everyone thinks and plays the same way? A lot of your thoughts stem from a place of 'oh, a town player would be playing in this specific way' or 'a scum player wouldn't bother with that' without ascribing things to the person posting them. Is that typical of how you play/are you conscious of it? Do you assume others also play this way?
Kind of. I assume a base state that people act consistent with their role motivations, and I wait for meta/someone's explanation to tell me if they don't. You get some false positives with this approach but you throw an awful lot of baby out with the bathwater if you assume that people's behavior is individual and there isn't an inherent tendency for townies to want credit for their pushes, scum to want to proxy responsibility, etc.
Also worth noting that the mastina thing you got from your team is the same as what I said about her. Is there any reason you didn't comment on that?
Because I disagreed with your first sentence "This game has had plenty of content - there's enough out there for some sort of read on most of this cast"; I think that the actual point of the tell is that scum in low-pressures situation don't usually want to spend a bunch of words just to emphasize they aren't having reads. But then KittyMo and Gamma both brought up, unprompted, that they
do
jive with the tell generally but for
specifically
mastina they don't think it's applicable. Which yeah is close to what your second sentence was, but it means a lot more from people who I know understand the usual theory behind it being a town tell + I know they are not lying to me whereas you might be.
In post 535, Kerset wrote:Are you tying to say that wagon made out of blank votes is the best because it has solidarity? It sounds like: instant noodles are the best kind of food because they are made out of water.
I'm saying that the wagon that formed as an explicit bit of bloc-building is healthier than wagons where people aren't acknowledging their wagonmates or saying how those wagonmates influenced their reads.
cutting arbitrarily so the post doesn't get too big
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:08 am

Post by mastina »

In post 564, Bitmap wrote:No one in this game takes my reads seriously so I stopped tryharding.
Also.
VOTE: Bitmap
I am buying into jjhs narrative that Klick isn't scum with Bitmap.

Bitmap is pretty blatantly scum here and I can reasonably see Klick as town even separate from associatives suggesting that he's innocent.

I'd also vote Kerset, but I very very strongly prefer this vote.
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:15 am

Post by mastina »

In post 181, Bitmap wrote:
Alisae wrote:also ig mastina is just town for voting bitmap and saying RC is coaching him?
See that's what I thought too. I just think mastina is playing really bad based on what I saw in Undertale Mafia personally but she's being pro-scum right now.
BTW this would probably be the first post that I would say is discrediting me, but I feel like that there are posts before this which I should still mention as part of the overly strong focus on me.

So, this is the start of the discrediting, but not the start of the overly strong focus on me, which is even earlier in Bitmaps iso.
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Bitmap »

RC wanted me to pass something to this thread. He said he's pretty sure that Mastina is scum who's getting away with murder since there are people who are willing to buy into her "aaa spooky RC" perspective but hasn't been really interested in pursuing it cause he feels like people knowing the read coming from RC is going to discredit it and bitmap doesn't really feel interested in pushing it by himself because this game is demoralizing and shit.