JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 86, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 70, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:How confident is your scum read on me?
@Bugs @GB @Luca
SL. The way you handled your wagon seemed overly defensive, just for getting to L-2.

Like,
In post 71, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Honestly, if your all town scum should just quick hammer me for lols so the host can get a scummy for the game with the quickest Day 1 lynch.
Or has that already been beat?
But it's not very confident right now. The only thing that's throwing me off, is that, if there aren't scum on your wagon right now, wouldn't it be a very opportune time to bring it to L-1? Or, who's his scum partner pushing a counter-wagon?
In post 202, GeorgeBailey wrote:Kitten's entrance is really worrying, and idk how much to chalk it up to Newb.
In post 203, GeorgeBailey wrote:Imagine
not
having 10 town reads rn.
In post 151, GeorgeBailey wrote:Ok, so first off. Sorry for absence. (Just got a new job and I bit off more than I could chew with these games. That's all on me, and i'm trying here.)

Second, the TSE wagon is stagnant, I haven't been a fan of TSE's recent response to his wagon (i'll get more into that tonight) But I think there should be a little mix-up. Chazary has been a bit under the radar.

VOTE: Chazary

I understand scumreading TSE for the Mason claim, (in a noob game, always follow poe's law), but I don't see many other reason to scumread him right now. And the way he reacted to it, didn't seem opportunistic. JacksonVirgo obviously knows him and said that's his style. (Oh god the Town Of Salem Forums look really bad though). TSE is still a scumlean but that's not a hard scumclaim.
In post 146, Chuck Shurley wrote:Did anyone else notice that Jackson is simultaneously tactically distancing themselves from AND emotionally buddying with TSE? This is calculated behavior and I'm curious about the motivation behind it.
Jack and TSE do have good scum equity together. Or they could just be good friends that find it hard to distance during games.
He's also distanced himself from the TSE wagon and shaded other players possibly for future mislynces, if I was scum in their position I would do the same with town!TSE for some town-cred.
Tactical Lurker
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:17 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 213, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 211, chazary wrote:Since you like hopping on wagons so much I’ll hop on yours

VOTE: bugspray
Let me ask you this.
Why shouldn’t I vote you?
I mean, your claiming me and Bugs are SvS.
So if Bugs flips Scum your trying to make it as if you are the Town and I could still easily be scum.
Here’s another good question.
What makes you more Town then me and Bugs?
Why are you assuming that someone having two scum reads on D1 means they must think they’re a scum team?

For example, I have a SR on you and to a lesser extent George, but do I consider you as a scumteam? I haven’t even begun to consider it. Why? Because it’s D1, and making associations pre-flip is rarely a productive thing to do.

The ‘why shouldn’t I vote you?’ line rubs me up the wrong way, feels like posturing.

And the last question isn’t good at all, it’s entirely pointless in fact. Since when does someone have to explain why they are more Town than someone in order to vote that person? Towncasing yourself is usually always pointless anyway.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:23 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

And considering TSE supposedly SR’s Bugs it really is a weird question indeed.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 204, TrueSoulEnergy wrote::twisted:
not
having 10 town reads rn.
I feel that out of you 3 who voted me I think your the most Town and Bugs is the most Scum.
Who out of the people who voted me do you think is scum?
TBH I’m not entirely sure myself.
This feels like buddying/walking George into starting conflict with either me or Bugs.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.07
Spoiler: animated gif

Wireworld is a turing complete cellular automata that is particularly good at simulating transistors. You can make a binary adder with it, or read more about it here.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

chazary
(3): Chuck Shurley, GeorgeBailey, bugspray
bugspray
(3): volxen, TrueSoulEnergy, chazary
TrueSoulEnergy
(1): Luca Blight
GeorgeBailey
(1): JacksonVirgo

Not Voting
(1): TheLordOfKittens

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-02-07 18:00:00).

Mod notes:
Chuck Shurley is V/LA until Sunday night. volxen replaced clidd.[/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:57 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 211, chazary wrote:Since you like hopping on wagons so much I’ll hop on yours

VOTE: bugspray
I'm not caught up yet but this is a ridiculous omgus
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:04 am

Post by volxen »

not
having 10 town reads rn.
I feel that out of you 3 who voted me I think your the most Town and Bugs is the most Scum.
Why do you find George the most towny out of the three people that were on your wagon (George, Bugs, Luca)? You previously said that you thought that George had the most believable reasons for scumreading you (), and his reasons for scumreading you are centered around him not liking how you responded to your wagon because he thought that you were overly defensive (, ). Whereas Luca and Bugs mainly voted you over your claim. You claimed Mason in a semi-open newbie game. As Luca already pointed out, it’s highly questionable that mason!you would make that claim that early on (even jokingly) given that it… doesn’t really benefit mason!you to do so (if anything it would benefit you more if you were a VT trying to bait the nightkill via WIFOM). I think it’s natural for people to be suspicious of an SE claiming mason that early on, so I’m not seeing why George saying that you were overly defensive in how you responded to your wagon is a better or more believable reason to be scumreading you.

Also, consider the setup. If you are town and the setup is something from column A or column C, then scum has to consider the possibility that you are actually a mason since scum only knows what column the setup is but not which row. In that scenario I think that it’s highly unlikely that both scum would be bold enough to jump on you (meaning Luca and Bugs) in response to your mason claim, as you could always confirm yourself via your mason buddy, and they would potentially look bad for jumping on you back-to-back. Even in the scenario where you are town and the setup is something from column B and scum thus knows that you aren’t really a mason, I still think that it’s unlikely that both scum would jump on you back-to-back for the exact same reason (your mason claim).

With respect to your wagon I think that is highly indicative of at least one of {Luca, Bugs} being town. I think that it’s natural for town to be suspicious of your claim, and if you are town I think that scum would be cautious of how they play around your slot in response to your mason claim, even if they knew for a fact that you weren’t really a mason (i.e. if the setup is something from column B). From your wagon I’m townreading Luca in particular based on his overall play, and the fact that a lot of the points that he brought up with respect to your slot/claim are points that I would have brought up myself if I had been in the game at the time. What are your thoughts on Luca? You’ve mainly focused on George and Bugs from your wagon.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:04 am

Post by volxen »

UNVOTE:
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:06 am

Post by bugspray »

I'd love to put tse at l-1 but I want at least a few days of posting with all the players before we do that. People really love to be like oh no l1 but if you're confident in your read the worst case scenario is a bus lulhammer but in newbie I think the l1 fear is more justified

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:11 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 180, JacksonVirgo wrote:Yikes is not AI
It's a literal meme claim

Stop shading
It's only a prank bro
Yeah well it was detrimental to town which is kinda a bad meme and the way tse has handled is p wack

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:17 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 231, volxen wrote:
not
having 10 town reads rn.
Why do you find George the most towny out of the three people that were on your wagon (George, Bugs, Luca)? You previously said that you thought that George had the most believable reasons for scumreading you (), and his reasons for scumreading you are centered around him not liking how you responded to your wagon because he thought that you were overly defensive (, ). Whereas Luca and Bugs mainly voted you over your claim. You claimed Mason in a semi-open newbie game. As Luca already pointed out, it’s highly questionable that mason!you would make that claim that early on (even jokingly) given that it… doesn’t really benefit mason!you to do so (if anything it would benefit you more if you were a VT trying to bait the nightkill via WIFOM). I think it’s natural for people to be suspicious of an SE claiming mason that early on, so I’m not seeing why George saying that you were overly defensive in how you responded to your wagon is a better or more believable reason to be scumreading you.
You said that mason!tse would be highly questionable if they claimed mason early on... what if, wait for it, they're not mason and it was a joke? :O
In post 231, volxen wrote:Also, consider the setup. If you are town and the setup is something from column A or column C, then scum has to consider the possibility that you are actually a mason since scum only knows what column the setup is but not which row. In that scenario I think that it’s highly unlikely that both scum would be bold enough to jump on you (meaning Luca and Bugs) in response to your mason claim, as you could always confirm yourself via your mason buddy, and they would potentially look bad for jumping on you back-to-back. Even in the scenario where you are town and the setup is something from column B and scum thus knows that you aren’t really a mason, I still think that it’s unlikely that both scum would jump on you back-to-back for the exact same reason (your mason claim).
Woah nice iioa
In post 231, volxen wrote:With respect to your wagon I think that is highly indicative of at least one of {Luca, Bugs} being town. I think that it’s natural for town to be suspicious of your claim, and if you are town I think that scum would be cautious of how they play around your slot in response to your mason claim, even if they knew for a fact that you weren’t really a mason (i.e. if the setup is something from column B). From your wagon I’m townreading Luca in particular based on his overall play, and the fact that a lot of the points that he brought up with respect to your slot/claim are points that I would have brought up myself if I had been in the game at the time. What are your thoughts on Luca? You’ve mainly focused on George and Bugs from your wagon.
Bugspray is probably scum here, Lucas is probably Town at least from my reads aorn. Town being suspicious of a meme-claim is fine, completely jumping wagon over a dumbass meme-claim is not.
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:18 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 234, bugspray wrote:

Stop shading
It's only a prank bro
Yeah well it was detrimental to town which is kinda a bad meme and the way tse has handled is p wack
I no longer want this slot alive over George
/vote Bugspray
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:19 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 236, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 234, bugspray wrote:

Stop shading
It's only a prank bro
I no longer want this slot alive over George
/vote Bugspray
Stoopid. Ass. Different. Sites. Make. Me.
VOTE: Bugspray
Tactical Lurker
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:22 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 220, JacksonVirgo wrote: Also I am scumreading bugspray for that instant change of heart and george.
What change of heart?

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:24 am

Post by bugspray »

Bro that's l1

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:25 am

Post by bugspray »

Can't wait to shitpost in the dead thread

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:30 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Its not L-1 as Volxen unvoted.

Can’t say I really like this wagon tho. TSE looks much worse than Bugs from where I’m standing.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:40 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 241, Luca Blight wrote:Its not L-1 as Volxen unvoted.

Can’t say I really like this wagon tho. TSE looks much worse than Bugs from where I’m standing.
Thanks for ruining my fajehammer bait :(

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:03 am

Post by bugspray »

@jv can you elaborate on why you want me dead?

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:49 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I’m not a massive fan of Chaz’s Bugs vote, but generally I’m not getting many scum vibes from him.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Although I don’t like Bugs’ vote on Chaz, either.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I can kind of follow why he voted him, although I don’t agree with it. My feeling is that both of the main wagons atm are on Town.

My biggest scumread by far is still TSE.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Luca Blight »

It really feels like TSE is gearing up to vote Chaz, but is using the whole ‘why shouldn’t I vote for you?’ line to seem as though he isn’t being opportunistic and is giving Chaz a chance to reply before voting, but these questions are designed for failure - nothing he could say in reply would reflect positively.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:33 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 247, Luca Blight wrote:It really feels like TSE is gearing up to vote Chaz, but is using the whole ‘why shouldn’t I vote for you?’ line to seem as though he isn’t being opportunistic and is giving Chaz a chance to reply before voting, but these questions are designed for failure - nothing he could say in reply would reflect positively.
Is it wrong to ask questions to solve the game?
And Yes I am trying to figure out if I should vote him or not.
There is 2 mafia in this game, as such I’m trying to figure out whom is most likely to flip Mafia.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:38 am

Post by bugspray »

tse youve been more towny lately which is good but i dont think ill trust you until you're on a wagon that flips scum