They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:38 am

Post by bugspray »

that entrance is just so FUCKED
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:43 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 250, bugspray wrote:that entrance is just so FUCKED
Your right I should have put a smiley face at the end so people
KNOW IT’S A JOKE!
and Maybe I
Wouldn't have had 3 votes on me.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:48 am

Post by bugspray »

nobody is laughing, it was an unfunny joke, it hurt town
i think for now the only course of action is for us to "agree to disagree" even though we all know that's centrist bullcrap

in the words of stirner
agreeing to disagree is a spook

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:00 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 252, bugspray wrote:nobody is laughing, it was an unfunny joke, it hurt town
i think for now the only course of action is for us to "agree to disagree" even though we all know that's centrist bullcrap

in the words of stirner
agreeing to disagree is a spook
My Bad.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.08

Rule 105 is really pretty.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

chazary
(3): Chuck Shurley, GeorgeBailey, bugspray
bugspray
(3): TrueSoulEnergy, chazary, JacksonVirgo
TrueSoulEnergy
(1): Luca Blight

Not Voting
(2): TheLordOfKittens, volxen

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-02-07 18:00:00).

Mod notes:
Chuck Shurley is V/LA until Sunday night. volxen replaced clidd.[/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:50 am

Post by bugspray »

@TLOK do you have any reads? what do you think about the players in this game? how do you FEEL about them?

also you should go to the front page and answer those questions to help us get more informed reads on you

GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 249, bugspray wrote:tse youve been more towny lately which is good but i dont think ill trust you until you're on a wagon that flips scum
Man, trying to read TSE right now got me acting strange. He's playing really different from his scum game last game. He seemed to be overly aggressive and taunting.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Why does TSE keep emphasizing the fact he had three votes, as if it makes him less likely to be scum or something?

His two SR's both currently have 3 votes - does that make them less likely to be scum as well?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 235, JacksonVirgo wrote:You said that mason!tse would be highly questionable if they claimed mason early on... what if, wait for it, they're not mason and it was a joke? :O
I'm accounting for that possibility. I think that TSE is either VT or scum. If he is VT then I could see him doing what he did if he was trying to bait the nightkill with the mason claim, whereas I don't see any reason why he would do that if he was mason (or another PR for that matter) since he would want to avoid getting nightkilled in that case.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 236, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 234, bugspray wrote:
In post 180, JacksonVirgo wrote:Yikes is not AI
It's a literal meme claim

Stop shading
It's only a prank bro
Yeah well it was detrimental to town which is kinda a bad meme and the way tse has handled is p wack
I no longer want this slot alive over George
/vote Bugspray
Why do you think this post in particular from Bugs is bad? You said before that you thought it was bad how Bugs jumped onto TSE's wagon over his "meme claim", but when Bugs started to reconsider his read on TSE and switched his vote to Chazary you called that bad as well. Given how much heat TSE has already taken, if Bugs is scum and TSE is town I don't think that Bugs would fake reconsidering his read on TSE and switch his vote to Chazary and risk killing the momentum that had already built up against TSE. At the time that Bugs switched his vote to Chazary he had already been tunneling/voting TSE for days over his mason claim, and TSE was being scumread by several players -- I don't think that it makes sense for scum!Bugs to suddenly do a 180, say that TSE was starting to look more towny, and switch over to Chazary's wagon at the time that he did.

I think the combination of scum!Bugs and town!TSE is unlikely. Aside from the point that I made above, Bugs didn't show any hesitation in jumping on TSE in response to his mason claim, and I think that scum would show more caution in how they respond to that. Meaning that if Bugs is scum and TSE is town I think that Bugs either wouldn't have voted TSE over the mason claim in the first place, or if he was getting cold feet about wagoning someone who could actually be mason from his POV then I think that he would have found a reason to get off of TSE's wagon much earlier than he did.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by volxen »

@TSE, in case you missed this:
In post 231, volxen wrote:Why do you find George the most towny out of the three people that were on your wagon (George, Bugs, Luca)?
In post 231, volxen wrote:What are your thoughts on Luca? You’ve mainly focused on George and Bugs from your wagon.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 214, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Another question.
If you scum read me before why didn’t you jump on My wagon but jumped on Bugs?
The only actual reasoning I can think of is maybe you didn’t want to put me at 4 votes but still.
Other then that what made you not vote against me?
Well basically just like you said, I wasn't about to put you at L-1 that quickly and risk a myslynch
In post 226, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 213, TrueSoulEnergy wrote: Let me ask you this.
Why shouldn’t I vote you?
I mean, your claiming me and Bugs are SvS.
So if Bugs flips Scum your trying to make it as if you are the Town and I could still easily be scum.
Here’s another good question.
What makes you more Town then me and Bugs?
Why are you assuming that someone having two scum reads on D1 means they must think they’re a scum team?

For example, I have a SR on you and to a lesser extent George, but do I consider you as a scumteam? I haven’t even begun to consider it. Why? Because it’s D1, and making associations pre-flip is rarely a productive thing to do.

The ‘why shouldn’t I vote you?’ line rubs me up the wrong way, feels like posturing.

And the last question isn’t good at all, it’s entirely pointless in fact. Since when does someone have to explain why they are more Town than someone in order to vote that person? Towncasing yourself is usually always pointless anyway.
Exactly what Luca said. I never said you and bugs are together. In fact, my reads on both of you kind of contradict. If bugs were to flip scum, my read on you might change actually, and vice versa.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by bugspray »

if you want to catch the nk you don't do it by being village idiot. being village idiot makes you dodge the nk
there are better ways to cop a night kill

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 258, volxen wrote:
In post 235, JacksonVirgo wrote:You said that mason!tse would be highly questionable if they claimed mason early on... what if, wait for it, they're not mason and it was a joke? :O
I'm accounting for that possibility. I think that TSE is either VT or scum. If he is VT then I could see him doing what he did if he was trying to bait the nightkill with the mason claim, whereas I don't see any reason why he would do that if he was mason (or another PR for that matter) since he would want to avoid getting nightkilled in that case.
No, they could have claimed mason as a town PR role BECAUSE IT WAS A
JOKE
because we're practically masons every game we play with each other.
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I'll get to the other posts later
Tactical Lurker
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I continue to dislike George's play. He spent the entire game posturing over TSE, and is currently coasting on the Chaz wagon despite not having much of a stance on him. George is being really cautious and it seems like he's waiting to see what happen before he commits himself.

The way he's acting around the TSE wagon leads me to believe they are either partners and he's excusing himself from TSE's wagon while avoiding openly defending him, or he's afraid of creating too much conflict with TSE.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 151, GeorgeBailey wrote: Second, the TSE wagon is stagnant, I haven't been a fan of TSE's recent response to his wagon (i'll get more into that tonight) But I think there should be a little mix-up. Chazary has been a bit under the radar.

VOTE: Chazary
He isn't a fan of TSE's response, but decides it isn't worth pursuing because the wagon is stagnant? Since when has a stagnant wagon been a reason not to pursue a scumread?

Voting someone for beging under the radar is the most excusable reason you could go for, and it isn't even really true - Chuck had already been questioning Chaz a fair bit by this stage. How did George feel about Chaz's posts/reaction to this pressure? He doesn't mention anything about it. Jumping on someone for being under the radar isn't acceptable when they have enough content on which to be judged, and when there are other players in the game more under the radar than him.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 151, GeorgeBailey wrote:I understand scumreading TSE for the Mason claim, (in a noob game, always follow poe's law), but I don't see many other reason to scumread him right now. And the way he reacted to it, didn't seem opportunistic. JacksonVirgo obviously knows him and said that's his style. (Oh god the Town Of Salem Forums look really bad though). TSE is still a scumlean but that's not a hard scumclaim.
George had just stated he didn't like TSE's reaction, but here he says there aren't many other reasons to SR him other than the claim? He's just contradicted what he said before: first George says he doesn't like his reaction, then he says the reaction wasn't opportunistic. For something pretty over-explained he ends up not really making sense, and it feels like a weird/insincere position to take over the wagon.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 151, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 146, Chuck Shurley wrote:Did anyone else notice that Jackson is simultaneously tactically distancing themselves from AND emotionally buddying with TSE? This is calculated behavior and I'm curious about the motivation behind it.
Jack and TSE do have good scum equity together. Or they could just be good friends that find it hard to distance during games.
And as someone mentioned before, this is just pure fence-sitting and adds nothing to the discussion.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 257, Luca Blight wrote:Why does TSE keep emphasizing the fact he had three votes, as if it makes him less likely to be scum or something?

His two SR's both currently have 3 votes - does that make them less likely to be scum as well?
When did I say Chaz was my Scum Read?
I said I’m considering him to be.
Why do I emphasize it? Maybe it’s because I think it is dumb. That’s why. Less likely to be scum? No Not really and you could also take into consideration that wolves like to vote their own partner early game so that could also be the case.
By all means you can view me as scum, but understand this. Your voting me for 2 Reasons. 1) The Mason Claim 2)Events that happened because of the fact you didn’t like the mason claim
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In case I didn’t make it clear enough.
I Hard Claim NOT Mason.
Understanding me now?
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 260, volxen wrote:@TSE, in case you missed this:
In post 231, volxen wrote:Why do you find George the most towny out of the three people that were on your wagon (George, Bugs, Luca)?
In post 231, volxen wrote:What are your thoughts on Luca? You’ve mainly focused on George and Bugs from your wagon.
I answered the first question before. If you are too lazy to read my ISO just ask me to repeat it.
As for the second question I think Luca is
my buddy
probably miss guided town or desperate scum.
Although out of the 3 of them their content is the best done. However I still think GB is most Town over them by their response to my wagon.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 265, Luca Blight wrote:I continue to dislike George's play. He spent the entire game posturing over TSE, and is currently coasting on the Chaz wagon despite not having much of a stance on him. George is being really cautious and it seems like he's waiting to see what happen before he commits himself.

The way he's acting around the TSE wagon leads me to believe they are either partners and he's excusing himself from TSE's wagon while avoiding openly defending him, or he's afraid of creating too much conflict with TSE.
Who’s your strongest Town read?
Bugs and Chaz I’m assuming?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 269, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 257, Luca Blight wrote:Why does TSE keep emphasizing the fact he had three votes, as if it makes him less likely to be scum or something?

When did I say Chaz was my Scum Read?
I said I’m considering him to be.
This is exactly what I meant earlier when I said you were posturing.

You said '
Why shouldn't I vote you
?' which massively implies (or threatens) a SR, but allows you the space to not commit to the read, which is what you're doing right now. You were testing the waters, and I find it scummy as f*ck.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 272, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 265, Luca Blight wrote:I continue to dislike George's play. He spent the entire game posturing over TSE, and is currently coasting on the Chaz wagon despite not having much of a stance on him. George is being really cautious and it seems like he's waiting to see what happen before he commits himself.

Who’s your strongest Town read?
Bugs and Chaz I’m assuming?
I'm TR'ing Chuck, Bugs and Chaz right now.