Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by bugspray »

Lynching George is probably better than tse right now just because of his sus as heck activity. Irregular posting habits is a high key tell
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 86, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 38, bugspray wrote:Seems like trying to pocket me by extending various pointless conversations to build rapport
In post 42, Luca Blight wrote:The former for putting effort into answering the RVS questions
Gimme a break here, the game just started and I was getting antsy to post. Not a lot I could have worked with. Plus I had 4 hours till my next lecture.

Anyways,
In post 70, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:How confident is your scum read on me?
@Bugs @GB @Luca
SL. The way you handled your wagon seemed overly defensive, just for getting to L-2.

Like,
In post 71, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Honestly, if your all town scum should just quick hammer me for lols so the host can get a scummy for the game with the quickest Day 1 lynch.
Or has that already been beat?
But it's not very confident right now. The only thing that's throwing me off, is that, if there aren't scum on your wagon right now, wouldn't it be a very opportune time to bring it to L-1? Or, who's his scum partner pushing a counter-wagon?
In post 151, GeorgeBailey wrote:Ok, so first off. Sorry for absence. (Just got a new job and I bit off more than I could chew with these games. That's all on me, and i'm trying here.)

Second, the TSE wagon is stagnant, I haven't been a fan of TSE's recent response to his wagon (i'll get more into that tonight) But I think there should be a little mix-up. Chazary has been a bit under the radar.

VOTE: Chazary

I understand scumreading TSE for the Mason claim, (in a noob game, always follow poe's law), but I don't see many other reason to scumread him right now. And the way he reacted to it, didn't seem opportunistic. JacksonVirgo obviously knows him and said that's his style. (Oh god the Town Of Salem Forums look really bad though). TSE is still a scumlean but that's not a hard scumclaim.
In post 146, Chuck Shurley wrote:Did anyone else notice that Jackson is simultaneously tactically distancing themselves from AND emotionally buddying with TSE? This is calculated behavior and I'm curious about the motivation behind it.
Jack and TSE do have good scum equity together. Or they could just be good friends that find it hard to distance during games.
In post 186, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:@GB who’s your biggest scum read? Is it still me?
@Bugs @Luca Other then Myself, who else do you scum read?
In post 201, GeorgeBailey wrote:@TSE you're still my strongest but that's not saying a lot. Especially when we have 3 unreadable slots.
The way that you’ve played around TSE’s slot doesn’t make sense given what you have said about him. You voted for him during RVS and kept your vote on him for a few days, and you’ve been consistent about the fact that you’ve been scumreading him because you thought that his response to his L-2 wagon was overly defensive. So why did you want to switch gears and join Chazary’s wagon, given that you never dropped your scumread of TSE? All you really said about Chazary was that he was under the radar, but you never questioned him or tried to engage with him, and you haven’t reacted to anything Chazary has said since you parked your vote on him. And when TSE asked you if he was still your biggest scumread, you reaffirmed that he is – so why would you want to have your vote on Chazary rather than on your biggest scumread? I think that it’s scummy how you called TSE’s wagon stagnant when that wasn’t really the case, used that as part of your justification for switching your vote to a lesser scumread (Chazary), and then didn’t even attempt to engage with Chazary in a way that would help you sort his alignment after you voted for him.

You’ve since stated () that you now might be less confident on TSE being scum over meta reasons, but that still doesn’t explain how you’ve played around TSE’s slot or why you called him your strongest scumread while simultaneously showing no interest in voting/pressuring him.

Are you still scumreading Chazary, and if so why?
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by volxen »

VOTE: GeorgeBailey
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by bugspray »

I really feel like gb is struggling to be himself this game VOTE: gb
I don't care if policy lynching is a spook, every lynch is a policy lynch it's just some policies aren't as universal

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 302, bugspray wrote:
In post 294, chazary wrote: Chuck hasn't been very active lately but his meta reading of me reads very town. Can't imagine scum going all the way back to a past game to find one little thing about my mafia experience to question me about.
Why would town do this and not scum?
I mean I guess the nit picking seems scummy but from my short experience so far on this site meta reading that in depth is a sign of town.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

VOTE: George

L-2
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 258, volxen wrote:
In post 235, JacksonVirgo wrote:You said that mason!tse would be highly questionable if they claimed mason early on... what if, wait for it, they're not mason and it was a joke? :O
I'm accounting for that possibility. I think that TSE is either VT or scum. If he is VT then I could see him doing what he did if he was trying to bait the nightkill with the mason claim, whereas I don't see any reason why he would do that if he was mason (or another PR for that matter) since he would want to avoid getting nightkilled in that case.
No, they could have claimed mason as a town PR role BECAUSE IT WAS A
JOKE
because we're practically masons every game we play with each other.
Even so, I don't think that TSE would claim mason, even jokingly, as any type of PR in a newbie game. If he's town then he is a VT. Putting that kind of WIFOM out there isn't worth the risk of getting nightkilled if you are a PR.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

^ By that logic TSE is a better D1 lynch - a dubious slot with high scum equity who is unlikely to be a Town PR.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 298, Luca Blight wrote:Wagon-hopping early game is actually a pro-Town move most of the time, as it generates information. Scum are more likely to be hesitant in hopping to different wagons as they’re more self-conscious and don’t want to get called-out on it.

Obviously there are distinctions to this. For example, the manner of George’s hop onto the Chaz wagon felt a lot worse than Bugs’.
Ah I understand. I guess similar to George I see a lack of any actual questioning of the players bugs is voting for. However since my vote I've been noticing it more. I think it was masked by that slightly aggressive tone I mentioned before.
In post 297, Luca Blight wrote:I can get why you SR Bugs, Chaz, but wagon-hopping isn’t that big of a scumtell. Posturing in the manner displayed by TSE is far more calculated and scummy, and I feel he is a much better lynch for today.
I agree. Since my bugs vote TSE has acted even more scummy than before. And recent points on George are pretty valid too.

Bugs is still a scumread of mine but it'll take the back burner. There are more scummy people afoot.

VOTE: TrueSoulEnergy
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by chazary »

I know one of the reasons George is scummy is because he's posting less, but I still need more from him before I can completely be convinced of his scumness.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 266, Luca Blight wrote:He isn't a fan of TSE's response, but decides it isn't worth pursuing because the wagon is stagnant? Since when has a stagnant wagon been a reason not to pursue a scumread?
A stagnant wagon can mean one of two things: 1. It's a scum-driven wagon that's only gaining traction/being pushed by scum, or 2. We're hitting Scum and their partner is pushing a counter-wagon.

I don't scumread Chaz, I actually nullread them before. Which is why my vote stayed on him for pressure.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 267, Luca Blight wrote:first George says he doesn't like his reaction, then he says the reaction wasn't opportunistic
I don't like his reaction
to his wagon
, but his
mason
claim doesn't seem opportunistic.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Also one of the only times I can post is at like 1:30am, gimme a break here.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

I'm going to be very active today since Tuesday is my coup de grace day of posting anyways.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 335, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 266, Luca Blight wrote:He isn't a fan of TSE's response, but decides it isn't worth pursuing because the wagon is stagnant? Since when has a stagnant wagon been a reason not to pursue a scumread?
A stagnant wagon can mean one of two things: 1. It's a scum-driven wagon that's only gaining traction/being pushed by scum, or 2. We're hitting Scum and their partner is pushing a counter-wagon.
I don't 100% agree it's that black and white, but regardless it still isn't reason to stop pursuing a SR when, as you admitted, the reason the wagon is stagnant could be that the player you're voting is scum.

It's strange though how, in your possible scenarios above, you think if TSE is Town then scum must be driving the wagon, yet you don't vote either me or Bugs (the ones driving said wagon) but Chaz?

It's like '
Oh, maybe Luca/Bugs are scum driving this wagon, let me vote Chaz instead
'. I don't really get that mindset.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 339, Luca Blight wrote:'Oh, maybe Luca/Bugs are scum driving this wagon, let me vote Chaz instead'
That isn't my point.

I did it for a few reasons. I wanted to see if Chaz would become the counter wagon to TSE. And because I believe Chaz's interactions with Chuck weren't sufficient for a TR. He was null at the time. I think he's TL now.

And Chaz didn't really become the counter-wagon since no one was really pushing it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

So who are you SR'ing atm?
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Jackson Virgo, most of their ISO is heavily defending TSE, and they haven't tried to do a lot of sorting either. Their current vote is even on someone scumreading TSE. I think this more likely to come from scum than from town, contrast to Chazary's opinion.

1. This could be scumteam (that would be kinda funny given that they're friends) and their partner is going full damage control
2. This could be scum pocketing town, and then when a mislynch happens they reap townie points.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

VOTE: JacksonVirgo
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

That's fair. I still think TSE is the best bet though, tbh.

VOTE: TSE
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 342, GeorgeBailey wrote:Jackson Virgo, most of their ISO is heavily defending TSE, and they haven't tried to do a lot of sorting either. Their current vote is even on someone scumreading TSE. I think this more likely to come from scum than from town, contrast to Chazary's opinion.

1. This could be scumteam (that would be kinda funny given that they're friends) and their partner is going full damage control
2. This could be scum pocketing town, and then when a mislynch happens they reap townie points.
First of all, I doubt TSE will flip town here so if I defend them that's why. Also I'm the bussing type so I have no idea why you're using that against me. In addition, I don't tend to play like "woah I can pretend to not scum-read them and get town points ezpz".

It's so stupid that they're getting lynched over a joke.

Though if they do flip scum, consider me baffled
Tactical Lurker
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 345, JacksonVirgo wrote:First of all, I doubt TSE will flip town here so if I defend them that's why.
So you scumread him?
In post 345, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also I'm the bussing type so I have no idea why you're using that against me.
How am I supposed to know this?
In post 345, JacksonVirgo wrote:"woah I can pretend to not scum-read them and get town points ezpz"
It's more than just not scum-reading someone, you're actively defending them.
In post 345, JacksonVirgo wrote:Though if they do flip scum, consider me baffled
But you just said
In post 345, JacksonVirgo wrote:First of all, I doubt TSE will flip town here so if I defend them that's why.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

TSE isn't being lynched over a joke, though? Have you been reading?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by bugspray »

VOTE: tse

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by bugspray »

That's l-2