Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 286, ROUND ONE wrote:
In post 237, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 103, Hectic wrote:Why aren't you answering the RQS, Arthur and Luca?
I’m above such things.
answered a bad question with a bad answer.
I can't tell if thats what you meant or youre just blatant scum at this point

[Hectic,Luca]
the detective is town because they are like almost never scum with hectic
It was a flippant remark, but the fact is I never answer RQS - I’ve always believed they’re not only useless but anti-Town.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:01 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 291, ROUND ONE wrote:
In post 252, Luca Blight wrote:This is what I mean by ‘forced’ - your read on me feels entirely rushed and fabricated.

You say I’m scum for not answering RQS - I ask why is it scummy, you said because scum sometimes pick fights. I ask ‘was I picking a fight by not answering them’ you’re like ‘not really, but you’re scummy for no socializing and not laid back’.

So you’re moving the goalposts, can’t explain what you even mean by socializing in this context, and SR me for not being laid back, which is normal for someone who is being attacked?

I like my vote here for now.

VOTE: Pikachu
why do you vote now instead of when you first read him as scum earlier?
Because, having questioned Pikachu over his reasoning, it confirmed my initial belief that he’s forcing his scumread rather than it being a result of genuine scumhunting.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:08 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 184, Natsu wrote:So far I'm townleaning Hectic and Round one. Hectic has some eccentric, well-honed style of geniusness that is producing information earlier on. Although I'm really not liking the weird naming schemes he's using. Half the time I have no idea who he is talking about. Who is jaiden?

Round One has an idgaf posting style, and overall looks like they know what they're talking about.

I'm kind of scumleaning pikachu, but that might be due to how shallowly he is bumping heads with Round One.

Scumleaning Luca as well for being afk, while only coming out of it to pocket Arthur and myself.

Pretty much null-reading everyone else. I'm finding it pretty silly that people are bringing up scum teams this early. Also, this thread moves too fast at times. I'm hoping the massive amounts of tiny one-line posts dies out. I feel like mass-spamming the thread helps mafia more (looking at pikachu especially on this one). More than town players who say literally nothing. There's shit that I swear I saw of value that I can't even find again after rebrowsing the thread. Guess I'll have to take more frivolous notes.
Not really liking the amount of filler in this post.

Why would you scumread me for being afk?

As for pocketing, do you not think my ‘townie point’ in your favour was warranted?
ROUND ONE
ROUND ONE
Goon
ROUND ONE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:11 am

Post by ROUND ONE »

In post 301, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 286, ROUND ONE wrote:
In post 237, Luca Blight wrote:
I’m above such things.
answered a bad question with a bad answer.
I can't tell if thats what you meant or youre just blatant scum at this point

[Hectic,Luca]
the detective is town because they are like almost never scum with hectic
It was a flippant remark, but the fact is I never answer RQS - I’ve always believed they’re not only useless but anti-Town.
fair enough tbh
ROUND ONE
ROUND ONE
Goon
ROUND ONE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:11 am

Post by ROUND ONE »

In post 302, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 291, ROUND ONE wrote:
In post 252, Luca Blight wrote:This is what I mean by ‘forced’ - your read on me feels entirely rushed and fabricated.

You say I’m scum for not answering RQS - I ask why is it scummy, you said because scum sometimes pick fights. I ask ‘was I picking a fight by not answering them’ you’re like ‘not really, but you’re scummy for no socializing and not laid back’.

So you’re moving the goalposts, can’t explain what you even mean by socializing in this context, and SR me for not being laid back, which is normal for someone who is being attacked?

why do you vote now instead of when you first read him as scum earlier?
Because, having questioned Pikachu over his reasoning, it confirmed my initial belief that he’s forcing his scumread rather than it being a result of genuine scumhunting.
hm
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:16 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 202, Natsu wrote:
In post 187, Hectic wrote: What do you think of , Natsu? After rereading it, I have several problems with it.
You have *several* problems with it? I'll say it looks feigned, but I can't think of too much else, especially when there isn't much else to go on with Arthur. I've actually read the game Mountain in full that he was a part of. I guess this one post in particular looks a bit out of character. His advice for last game was to trust his instincts and not to hide as a PR. Maybe you're just leading my thinking here, but he does seem overly sensitive to near-lynch wagons both here, , and . Says he's okay with policy lynching eventually (not a good sign). Speaks authoritatively about a "very common" mafia tactic even though it's his second game. Oh and he also never analyzed dkkoba who I believe was on that wagon. Shit, I guess I do have a lot of problems with it as well.

For the record, I wasn't worried about an early L-1 because a lol-hammer would basically be an admission of guilt. I can't fathom even a newbie town player being the one to hammer on day 1 of day 1.
This feels like Natsu is allowing himself to be lead into a SR on Arthur.

I also don’t think the points he raises are really scum indicative. And this post has a lamist feel to it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:24 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I also don’t like how Natsu has scumreads but is currently not voting anyone. He’s playing a bit nicey-nicey and seems to be hedging his bets with his scumread on me/Arthur as well as his recent shading of Hectic and Pikachu. It’s like he’s seeing which side the coin falls before committing himself to a push.

Scum-lean.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:26 am

Post by Luca Blight »

And he didn’t mention anything about me v Pikachu, which should have been of interest to him given it was scumread v scumread from his pov.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I have a slight SR on dsjstr - tonally he seems ok but he’s just floating through with no real content atm. Need to see more from him.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:36 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 268, DkKoba wrote:

I read Pikachu's tone as town so I'm curious as to why you think it is scum?
Koba is almost entirely null atm, but I found this question odd given the post they quoted literally explains why I SR Pikachu, so I’m wondering what the point of the question was?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:43 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 94, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 45, ArthurConyl wrote:
In post 43, Detective Pikachu wrote:
72offsuit

Luca Blight (SE)
Hectic (SE)
DkKoba

ROUND ONE

dsjstr
Natsu

ArthurConyl
@Detective Pikachu
1. I can't work out if you're trying to be serious or not
2. Why are dsjstr, Natsu and I considered scummy?
3. Normally a weird post like this would be considered scummy, listing everyone like you're so smart and not even giving justification? But then again I can't work out if you're scum or just making a bad play.
Why would you not think the reads based off RVS are genuine?
Because you dislike the results of said reads?
This is a leading question and feels like a misrep as well - Arthur has a problem with the lack of explanation, not the fact they were based on RVS.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 95, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 46, Natsu wrote:
In post 39, Hectic wrote:
In post 28, Natsu wrote:I'm guessing you are trying to get an actual vanilla townie newb to be like "hey, it shouldn't say town goon!" and then vote for you because you look like a terrible scum player who just tipped their hand.
Hey, Natsu. Why do you think scum would employ this strategy?
Specifically to out a town role from someone who contests you. Might make PR hunting easier somehow. No one took the bait though. I don't necessarily see it as scummy at this point in time. As for the questions:

0. Town (finally)
1. I think I prefer playing as town. Too early to tell.
2. I've played two games on this site, both flawless mafia games. Also some Town of Salem and a little irl stuff.
3. Going back in time.
4. The virtual world
5. A fair bit.
I'm getting a bit of a bad vibe off this post.
a) The "finally" seems very forced
b) I don't get why its too early to tell. You give me the feelings of a player who has played mafia (in whatever form be it IRL or fast-browser based mafia) a fair bit. I'd be very surprised for someone to not know what alignment they prefer playing as.
I think this is a fair point regarding ‘too early to tell’. I’d skipped over that bit.

Apologies for multiple posts btw, I’m V/LA and can only phone post until Tuesday.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 277, 72offsuit wrote:Also don;t like Luca's vote on DP without even ISOing other players and re-reading everything.

Agree with DP - we arent looking for you to have a 1v1 OMGUS stoush, but rather your reads on all the players
It’s early D1, not MYLO. Votes are healthy for the gamestate and i’d read enough by then to know I liked my vote on Pikachu. And no doubt, if I had withheld my vote until I’d fully caught up someone would have said ‘if you SR him earlier why didn’t you vote him then?’, ultimately making it a lose-lose situation.

Simply put, i vote when it feels natural to do so.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:00 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Btw 72, fluff galore? I feel you’re massively exaggerating. Lurking? That is an assumption. I’ve been busy recently and only have time to post in spurts, as I’m doing currently.
In post 276, 72offsuit wrote:Choo choo, chugga chugga choo choo!

Anyone boarding the AC ArthurConyl express wagon?

VOTE: ArthurConyl
I can’t help but feel Arthur is an easy target based on what he’s posted so far. It’s not spectacular, but I don’t see anything patricianly scummy about it, and I liked the tone of his defiant post greeting the thread.

You seem to TR Pikachu, so is there any reason you chose to go in another direction rather than join my wagon?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Hectic and R1 are town-leans, although less sure on the former. Will probably elaborate on this at some point.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I don’t like Pikachu because it feels like he’s making a show of supposed ‘solving’ which doesn’t ring true. He’s just putting together a convenient set of reads based on not much, while having an unnatural sense of confidence in them.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:31 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 263, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 83, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 56, dsjstr wrote:I just want to point out that DP and Hectic are probably the best two players in here XD
You do yourself a disservice, dsj! :P
I guess the other way of saying a lack of socializing would be to say that this feels like a "wolfy pop in" although I don't like that phrase. But the concept is there insofar as up until now you come into the thread, leave 2-3 posts that engage with no one present, and then vanish

That’s not necessarily scummy, though - it’s merely a case of being in a different time zone, meaning I’m not usually online at the same time as others.

I engaged you earlier, and you said you didn’t want to be engaged, so you can’t have it both ways.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:34 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 265, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 105, Detective Pikachu wrote:
Because at least one of them rolled scum and possibly both
B

This is not saying you're scum because you didn't answer rqs, it's saying you didn't answer rqs because you're scum. And it was also half joking
So if I were Town I would have answered them? Do you want me to show you Town games where I purposely didn’t answer RQS?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 267, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 264, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 261, Detective Pikachu wrote:Like accusing me of moving the goalposts is silly when you're the one who set up the goalposts; if you didn't understand the reasons for my scumread you'd probably ask. I feel like I was pretty clear that my main problem with you was the lack of obvtowning when I feel you're capable of it
Ah, so I was the one who said I’m scum for avoiding RQS?

I’ve engaged you on all your reasons for SR’ing me, you’re zoning in on that one because you know it’s the most ridiculous and now you’re trying to distance yourself from it.
1- basically, yes
2-engaging me is not what I asked for
1) ok, you can distance yourself from that reason, but your other reason is also BS given I had made 4 RVS posts at that point. If I had made 30 such posts I could understand it, but the force of your push based on such feels disingenuous.

2) it’s not what you asked for, but not engaging was another reason of yours for supposedly SR’ing me, so again you can’t have it both ways.

Also, my point wasn’t about the engaging, but the fact I covered all your points for SR’ing me - something you were making out I didn’t do.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 280, ROUND ONE wrote:
In post 199, Hectic wrote:Mostly for tbh. I agree with most of the thoughts in , but maybe I'm being buddyed. He just hasn't done anything wrong so far. What don't you like?
thonk
so you did read that I completely forgot but still asked me why
interesting
its not ai in any way, but still
What are you talking about here? That was at Pikachu
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 297, ROUND ONE wrote:tl;dr - scum is within {dsjstr
Natsu
DkKoba
72offsuit
ArthurConyl
ROUND ONE
Hectic (SE)
Detective Pikachu (SE)
Luca Blight (SE)
}

Town
Me
Arthur

Null (top is town-null,bottom is scumnull)
DK
Natsu

Scumreads
Luca
DP
Hectic

Naturally im sure the nullreads are town *for now*, but in a case I had to lynch between them id pick Natsu
Lul, another newbie throwing shade on all the SEs. Could you elaborate on those scumreads, reasons-wise?

Also, why is Arthur your top townread?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:54 am

Post by Hectic »

I like Luca's catchup, this is better to pursue: VOTE: Arthur
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 270, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 102, Hectic wrote:I actually kinda like Natsu's answers.

Why'd you unvote, Doro? And to answer your question: if it's a vague indirect reference to an on going game, would probably not mention it. But otherwise, I'd let them know they shouldn't be doing that.
WHY do you "kinda like" natsu's answers?
Short, unfluffy answers are town-indicative for that RQS. Also, if it's his first time playing town after two scum games, I don't think "finally" emphasis or mentioning that this is his first town game is scummy. Seems par for the course.
In post 273, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 199, Hectic wrote:Mostly for tbh. I agree with most of the thoughts in , but maybe I'm being buddyed. He just hasn't done anything wrong so far. What don't you like?
I fail to see why you like his post 28.

Last game I played, the "placeholder vote" - "ill park my vote here for now, for no good reason at all" - sort of vote , ended up being a vote by scum.
And i think this kind of move is scummy. I think townies are more likely to change their mind and shift their votes organically, rather than b stilted, which i think is scummy.
Maybe, but context matters. My early game was intentionally scummy and it's fair for Natsu to keep his vote there to see where I'm going with that.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Natsu »

In post 303, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 184, Natsu wrote:So far I'm townleaning Hectic and Round one. Hectic has some eccentric, well-honed style of geniusness that is producing information earlier on. Although I'm really not liking the weird naming schemes he's using. Half the time I have no idea who he is talking about. Who is jaiden?

Round One has an idgaf posting style, and overall looks like they know what they're talking about.

I'm kind of scumleaning pikachu, but that might be due to how shallowly he is bumping heads with Round One.

Scumleaning Luca as well for being afk, while only coming out of it to pocket Arthur and myself.

Pretty much null-reading everyone else. I'm finding it pretty silly that people are bringing up scum teams this early. Also, this thread moves too fast at times. I'm hoping the massive amounts of tiny one-line posts dies out. I feel like mass-spamming the thread helps mafia more (looking at pikachu especially on this one). More than town players who say literally nothing. There's shit that I swear I saw of value that I can't even find again after rebrowsing the thread. Guess I'll have to take more frivolous notes.
Not really liking the amount of filler in this post.

Why would you scumread me for being afk?

As for pocketing, do you not think my ‘townie point’ in your favour was warranted?
I'm not liking the amount of filler in this entire game.
I wasn't scumreading for being afk, it was moreso the fact that you seemed like you weren't afk by necessity. The fact that you could walk in and upvote some people and then return to your slumber felt off to me, but I could be wrong as you were maybe biding your time.
As for if I think the "town point" was warranted. I don't really care. It's not like you gave me a reason for why you liked that post.
In post 306, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 202, Natsu wrote:
In post 187, Hectic wrote: What do you think of , Natsu? After rereading it, I have several problems with it.
You have *several* problems with it? I'll say it looks feigned, but I can't think of too much else, especially when there isn't much else to go on with Arthur. I've actually read the game Mountain in full that he was a part of. I guess this one post in particular looks a bit out of character. His advice for last game was to trust his instincts and not to hide as a PR. Maybe you're just leading my thinking here, but he does seem overly sensitive to near-lynch wagons both here, , and . Says he's okay with policy lynching eventually (not a good sign). Speaks authoritatively about a "very common" mafia tactic even though it's his second game. Oh and he also never analyzed dkkoba who I believe was on that wagon. Shit, I guess I do have a lot of problems with it as well.

For the record, I wasn't worried about an early L-1 because a lol-hammer would basically be an admission of guilt. I can't fathom even a newbie town player being the one to hammer on day 1 of day 1.
This feels like Natsu is allowing himself to be lead into a SR on Arthur.

I also don’t think the points he raises are really scum indicative. And this post has a lamist feel to it.
I knew what I was doing with that post. I even mentioned myself what you commented here. Don't think I'm dumb enough to hammer Arthur off of something like this. In actuality I'm barely 50%ing him for town/scum.
In post 307, Luca Blight wrote:I also don’t like how Natsu has scumreads but is currently not voting anyone. He’s playing a bit nicey-nicey and seems to be hedging his bets with his scumread on me/Arthur as well as his recent shading of Hectic and Pikachu. It’s like he’s seeing which side the coin falls before committing himself to a push.

Scum-lean.
Excuse me but I intentionally helped get Hectic to L-1 in order to have a wagon to analyze. I believe it was Pikachu who said that wagon analysis is overrated (another reason I'm suspect of him, I could have easily lost my last game as scum if people just stared at the L-1 wagons long enough). In general though, I tend not to like placing votes unless I have a very specific purpose for it. Also, these are your words:
In post 313, Luca Blight wrote:

Simply put, i vote when it feels natural to do so.
In post 308, Luca Blight wrote:And he didn’t mention anything about me v Pikachu, which should have been of interest to him given it was scumread v scumread from his pov.
When I said
I guess it's because all the SE's have played with each other before. Pikachu is really reaching in most of his scumreads, and seems to be crafting narratives out of nothing.
I felt I was clearly taking your interaction into account, just not naming it specifically.
In post 316, Luca Blight wrote:I don’t like Pikachu because it feels like he’s making a show of supposed ‘solving’ which doesn’t ring true. He’s just putting together a convenient set of reads based on not much, while having an unnatural sense of confidence in them.
My thoughts exactly, which leads me to think you're not scum with him. Even though the bickering you two had seemed manufactured, Pikachu is doing that with everyone he scumreads. The way you call him out here kind of seems to cross the line between distancing and nearly bussing (if town piles onto Pikachu of course). Or this could be a high level play of some sort.

~Moving onto other players. I still feel like Hectic is a townlean. The tunneling on Arthur could be a scum move.
@Hectic: You mentioned a tonal difference between Arthur in this game and in Mountain. Can you point out anything specific?
Round One seems towny enough to me, as does dkkoba.
I'm having a hard time reading 72offsuit. And dsjstr hasn't posted enough to make a read on him.

I feel good about leaving a vote on Pikachu for the time being.
VOTE: DetectivePikachu