Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:15 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I also don’t get was unnatural about my ‘unvote’ (which was actually a change in vote) Ame, so perhaps you could elaborate on that.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 113, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 109, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 101, AaronFrost wrote:So far, yes. Not sure I like Luca's clidd vote though.
I have reason to believe Clidd doesn’t like playing as scum, and he’s ignoring this game while being active on site.

I hate making reads on stuff like this, but it is what it is.
What happened to your Ame read then? No interest in pursuing that further?
Just noticed this.

Nothing happened to my Ame read, but I got pinged by Clidd for the reasons mentioned. I’ve been in two game with him, he was scum in both and did the same thing - posted a couple of times then replaced out, while remaining active onsite. I can conclude from this that he simply hates playing as scum, and my vote will remain on this slot until he starts contributing.

My SR on Ame has since become stronger, however, for reasons I’ve already alluded to and will expand more on soon.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:35 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 114, Ame wrote:Town
AaronFrost

Leaning Town
insomnia
dsjstr
Luca Blight
Hectic

Leaning Scum
Wimpy
clidd
Emperor flippyNips

In post 107, Emperor flippyNips wrote:VOTE: ame

Yeah I didn’t like their opening post either & im liking Aaron rn
Liar.
In post 71, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 69, Luca Blight wrote:Early good feels from dsjstr and Flips, bad feels from Ame and Hectic.

Why do you have bad feels on ame.? I get the hectic one
Vote: flippyNips

This is bad - why are you assuming Flips lied, and did not simply agree with my reasoning?

I notice you changed me to a SR from a TR shortly after this post despite the fact I hadn’t posted in between. Should I assume your initial TR was a lie as well?
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:36 am

Post by Wimpy »

In post 200, Luca Blight wrote:I also don’t get was unnatural about my ‘unvote’ (which was actually a change in vote) Ame, so perhaps you could elaborate on that.
For me switching to a low poster is lazy.
I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today

I will no longer explain my reasons for my scum reads.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In general maybe, but I think in this context it’s justified.
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:57 am

Post by Wimpy »

Then don’t worry if people don’t like it. If you think it’s justified, ignore the haters

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:30 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I’m not bothered about haters, I’m just asking to work out how Ame arrived at that opinion.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:58 am

Post by AaronFrost »

@Mod
I'm currently voting for Ame, so they're at L-1.

I'll respond to stuff later.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:07 am

Post by Ame »

In post 192, insomnia wrote:your wimpy read sucks from all PoVs possible
I completely agree.
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Wimpy »

can somebody hammer?

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:27 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I already think scum is in Ame, Clidd, Hectic.

Ame, Clidd being the most likely pairing atm.

I need to see something from that Clidd slot before I even consider hammering, though.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Ame »

My thinking on Wimpy went something like:
-See Wimpy attempting to antogonize Somni
-Pinged as I couldn't recall Wimpy doing much else
-Make half assed read list
-Asked about my Wimpy read
-Give instinctual explanation
-Realize Wimpys lack of posting is from vla.
-Taken aback by Wimpys sudden anger. Reinforces scum pings. But not sure. The whole situation just strange.
-Damage is done at this point, but on next page I realize he probably is just town, especially after he explained his Somni antagonizing, which seemed to me to have been coming from a investigatory perspective

My read list wasn't fully thought through. It was mainly an attempt to get some flow into the game because we seemed stuck. I didn't fully evaluate my own thoughts yet and was developing them in the moment. When Wimpy reacted the way he did, with phrases like "I'm going to make your life miserable," "you're dead to me," and "MFer" I was taken a back and a bit flustered. Sourly, it caused me to double down on my feelings, when I really should have abandoned them at that point. After sleep, that is obvious to me now.

I'll answer your other question in just a little bit Somni.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Ame »

In post 191, insomnia wrote:
In post 152, Ame wrote:Somni is currently my town axiom, essentially playing the game on the assumption they are town. they remain this way until/unless the game becomes inconsistent with this assumption. Also my initial impression of their interaction with you is someone trying to scum hunt with scare resources
The first part of that made me ask myself whether you have read any of my posts but I guess you skimmed some of em.

My question was if you town read me on auto and didn't try to read my posts because that's what scum often do to me, they town read me asap and don't want to deal with me.

If so, you jumping the gun on Wimpy's point seemed opportunistic because you left from the premise of I'm town, you didn't read my posts and then at the first sight you vote me. Especially when your slot was quite under some scrutiny.

So, is your town read on me any serious or where are you at wrt my slot?
It's more that there's some players I prefer to read from the periphery rather than head-on either because I think I resonate with their thinking process or because I think they are too good for me to be caught as small things for scum and are more likely to slip up in a position of comfort/power. In logic, there's something called proof by contradiction whereby you assume an argument is invalid, then work through it for contradictions. If you come across a contradiction, it isn't invalid, otherwise, you continue to assume it is until you've worked out all the possibilities. Analogously, that's the way I play the game and why sometimes my reads may seem to suddenly jump. If I scum read someone for something (regardless of how small), I'm under the assumption that they are scum until a contradiction arises, in which case I'm willing to abandon my read almost immediately.

In your case, I did get an initial town impression from you, and having ~3 scum leans in a 2-scum game I felt comfortable enough working with that, and that if you were scum, it would show in time through your reads (i.e. if they started to radically diverge and I couldn't follow your thought process). I had a bit of doubt from your Aaron push because Aaron seemd pretty town to me, and at the time of Wimpy's antagonizing explanation, I felt you were worth exploring. What I thought to be a sudden change in your Aaron read was suspicious to me, but looking at you closer I saw that you did actually express those thoughts before. This made me feel a lot better and it was consistent with my thinking that town somni = similar reads. When I went to bed, my only lingering concern was your Wimpy read (I had intended to question it when I was back), and even that was addressed on its own. So, overall, yea I do TR you.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:04 am

Post by dsjstr »

@mod
You have me down as creative on the VC
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Ame »

In post 198, Luca Blight wrote:I’ll get to this tomorrow, but does anyone else think Ame’s entrance post was very nice/inoffensive?

That’s certainly the feeling I got from it, so their denying it seems strange to me.
What about it gave you that impression? The only person I addressed in a forward-looking manner was creative. The other portions were a silly Sci-Fi opening, the expression of a null read, and a joke about flippy's GIFs. As for Creative, I mentioned elsewhere that I'm a cooperative player that likes to bounce things off of my town reads. Creative mentioned this same process in his opening post, which is I why I felt we'd get along well.

In post 200, Luca Blight wrote:I also don’t get was unnatural about my ‘unvote’ (which was actually a change in vote) Ame, so perhaps you could elaborate on that.
You unvoted an active slot that was under pressure in favor of an inactive slot. It didn't seem like a natural switch.
In post 202, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 114, Ame wrote:Town
AaronFrost

Leaning Town
insomnia
dsjstr
Luca Blight
Hectic

Leaning Scum
Wimpy
clidd
Emperor flippyNips

Liar.
In post 69, Luca Blight wrote:Early good feels from dsjstr and Flips, bad feels from Ame and Hectic.

Vote: flippyNips

This is bad - why are you assuming Flips lied, and did not simply agree with my reasoning?

I notice you changed me to a SR from a TR shortly after this post despite the fact I hadn’t posted in between. Should I assume your initial TR was a lie as well?
I explained this a few times (I understand you're still vla):
In post 174, Ame wrote:You implied that you either had a town read or no read on my opening. Then you used my opening to justify voting me. From that I inferred that you forgot about the question you asked before which implied your town/null read. From that, I inferred that your reasoning for voting me was fabricated. From that, I inferred that you are mafia.
In post 181, Ame wrote:
In post 176, Emperor flippyNips wrote:how did i imply that i had a tr on your opening? i don't think i've talked about my reads at all really
A town OR null read. Maybe for stylistic purposes, I should word it as a "null or town read".

My only post when you asked the below question was my opening. It implies that you had a null or town read on me, which implied that you had a null or town read on my opening:

Then, here you voted me for the reason of not liking my opening:

Again, from this I inferred that you forgot about your previous question, which led me to think you aren't genuinely game solving and fabricated a reason to vote for me.
As for my TL/SL. It's the other way around, I initially put you as a TL, thought about it some more and changed my mind. Btw I think I think the nuance between TLSL/TRSR may be different for me than it is here. For me TLSL are just tenuious impressions. They don't hold a ton of weight.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:11 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 151, Ame wrote:Aaron, it's a joke. We can't actually hear people's voices in this game or measure their GSR (Galvanic Skin Response). There was nothing serious about my questions at all. I was just writing bad Sci-Fi. :]
That's not the impression I got when I pressed you about it
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:14 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 155, Wimpy wrote:Insomia said if anyone called his reads baseless he’d essentially lose his shit. I did that and nothing. So I voted him to try and like the bear some more. And still nothing.

This is scum trying to keep their cool. Insomnia doesn’t strike me as a guy who keeps his cool.
So am I correct in assuming you think the team is Ame/insomnia?
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:18 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 174, Ame wrote:You implied that you either had a town read or no read on my opening. Then you used my opening to justify voting me. From that I inferred that you forgot about the question you asked before which implied your town/null read. From that, I inferred that your reasoning for voting me was fabricated. From that, I inferred that you are mafia.
This is a decent point about nipple flips though. seemed to imply that he was sorta townreading Ame, or at the very least didn't understand why they were being scumread.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:24 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 194, insomnia wrote:Yo Aaron, how do you feel about Ame atm?
I don't like their Wimpy read either, feels fabricated and not genuine at all. Their switch of opinion on you was pretty bad too.

Unless this is some wild case of bussing, I'm gonna say that Wimpy/Ame are never scum together here. Ame's forced read on Wimpy + Wimpy being content to deathtunnel Ame feels like a farfetch'd interaction for scum mates to have on Day 1.
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Wimpy »

In post 216, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 155, Wimpy wrote:Insomia said if anyone called his reads baseless he’d essentially lose his shit. I did that and nothing. So I voted him to try and like the bear some more. And still nothing.

This is scum trying to keep their cool. Insomnia doesn’t strike me as a guy who keeps his cool.
So am I correct in assuming you think the team is Ame/insomnia?
I don’t do associations. I have a list of 3 people who I scum read

AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:25 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 196, insomnia wrote:I know you aren't doing it consciously but this is just unnecessary banter that I've dealt with in the past. Wasn't trying to put it on you, not my intention, I was explaining why I'm not snapping at you, of course you wouldn't know. I'm just on really thin fucking ice and this is the reason I took a break, because of my toxicity so I'd appreciate if you just stopped trying to poke a creature that will wreak havoc. I can endure stuff but like don't push it too much either.
This + insomnia's tone in general is pretty townie

@Wimpy
so they're independent reads, gotcha, thanks
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:28 am

Post by AaronFrost »

@Luca
can you link me to the games where clidd replaced out as scum? I do want more from that slot so hopefully they either post some reads soon or get replaced.
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Wimpy »

Though insomnia’s reasons for not responding given my history and I swear he’s in like every game I’ve played or something, I could see why he chose not to engage. My read on him isn’t as strong but I still didn’t like his earlier push

insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:33 am

Post by insomnia »

Well that read on Ame is now out the window

VOTE: flippy

Only relevant thing I got as of right now
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Wimpy »

why is it out the window?