[2] IMASPY:
72offsuit, Hectic

[1] Not Voting:
dsjstr

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2020-02-15 03:30:38)

Mod Note:
Hectic is V/LA until 10th. Replacing dsjstr.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Luca Blight »

UNVOTE:

I don’t want to run the risk of a hammer before I’ve had the chance to review everyone, which I’ll get to Tomorrow.
ROUND ONE
ROUND ONE
Goon
ROUND ONE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:04 am

Post by ROUND ONE »

howto v/la
help
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Luca Blight »

User control panel -> vacation/limited access, then mark the dates from and until.

Or just announce it in thread in bold.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Hectic »

Pikachu, what's your reasoning for Natsu being scum again? Link the posts if you've already explained please.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 736, IMASPY wrote:
In post 505, IMASPY wrote:Listen to me all i have a plan... we should go no further in discussion. Kill nastu.... if he flips green then if what happens tonight happens etc etc etc i think you guys will go into day 3 with atleast 1 mafia killed.
This is where i was ready to sacrifice my life. I was thinking if we hammered natsu without much discussion I was gonna die in the night.
This post makes very little sense to me, Ima. Your plan was to flip Natsu today without any further discussion. But how can you say that we go into day 3 with at least one mafia killed if he flips green? You're a likely lynch for tomorrow, are you saying you're not town?
ROUND ONE
ROUND ONE
Goon
ROUND ONE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:30 am

Post by ROUND ONE »

i might be able to do a catchup in the next few days, but i doubt it
expect pop ins
alot of pop ins
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Detective Pikachu »

In post 779, Hectic wrote:Pikachu, what's your reasoning for Natsu being scum again? Link the posts if you've already explained please.
Honestly now that I'm not pumped on adrenaline I'm not even sure I'd slayer's gambit him, but he does seem lowest in my PoE.

Honestly I just don't like very much in his iso. I feel like his reads in the early game are a little bit similar to mine, but then he scumreads me instead of mindmelding with me which is weird. He seems to deliberately go out of his way to not understand how if he asks me about the second thing in a list, then I will point him to the first thing in his list.

I think my biggest problem with him is here:
In post 658, Natsu wrote:Truth be told I'm having a hard time keeping up with this thread. My other games on this site were done by this page count. Part of why I SR Pikachu so hard is because of how much they overpopulate the game with pointless posts that amount to bickering. I'm not even talking about the recent developments with Luca; he's been like that the whole game. It makes it really hard for me to even try and solve when there's so much immaterial to sift through.

My biggest town read is Hectic. Main reason is that he is very clearly not weaving narratives out of nothing and hoping other townies take the bait. Instead, he is mostly questioning the reasoning for other peoples' reads. Pikachu is very often planting the seeds for others to scumread people without making a strong case from the get-go. He'll get on people for "0 solving" while doing nothing himself, other than saying things like "not a fan of this post." Or, "dsj can be green." Looking at his iso is a mess and just overcomplicates the game. I don't think we have any chance of parsing strong leads with him in the game. I really don't get why anyone has a townread on Pikachu unless they know his playstyle. Luca said it best already:
In post 316, Luca Blight wrote:I don’t like Pikachu because it feels like he’s making a show of supposed ‘solving’ which doesn’t ring true. He’s just putting together a convenient set of reads based on not much, while having an unnatural sense of confidence in them.
That's most of what I've been focusing on. I'm townreading Luca and 72offsuit, even though they are scumreading me. Mainly because a lot of their reads on me have solid substance, I just don't think they know the kind of player I am.

dkkoba and dsjstr have been nulls. But dkkoba's middle of the wagon vote seems like a cozy way to push me to a lynch. I can foresee this type of vote not running into as much flak as Pikachu's or Spy's once I flip green. dkkoba is mainly going off of tone it seems. I'll admit I'm kind of doing that with R1 as well, but the way he sees both R1 and Pikachu's tones as townie is alarming to me.

I find dsjstr's scumteam of me and Hectic odd. He has never really explained this despite the pestering.

Spy is interesting and I don't know what to make of them.
In post 505, IMASPY wrote:Listen to me all i have a plan... we should go no further in discussion. Kill nastu.... if he flips green then if what happens tonight happens etc etc etc i think you guys will go into day 3 with atleast 1 mafia killed.
I really don't like this "I have a plan, just go along with this guys" thing. I'm guessing it involves lynching me and then Pikachu. No idea what he's on about with "what happens tonight."

Can you explain your scum reads on both me and Pikachu?
This reads list looks very political based more on who is likely to be lynched rather than anything else. His reads seem to revolve around who is or isn't scumreading him the most intensely and who or isn't pushing his counter-wagons. He emphasizes a townread on Luca, who hasn't actually joined the wagon on him and who was at the time still voting his counter-wagon, and nulls players that are less committed in their positions on his wagon. He also more or less matches what I'd expect scum to be doing in this gamestate, i.e. negging and taking pot shots at me for playstyle issues rather than hard pushing me or putting themselves at risk of blowback after I flip.

This just basically looks like a scum reads list to me, more meant to allow the trajectory of current wagons to continue rather than solve the game
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:11 am

For me, mostly though PoE to be honest, I feel like I can see reasons to townread almost everyone else in the game. Which means I'm wrongly townreading someone, but it makes me feel like if Natsu is town here then both scum are doing a good job at faking town tones? idk

Like looking through even the quieter slots and going back I'm like, "nah I don't really see reasons to second guess a townread here" quite yet
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:21 am

Post by IMASPY »

In post 780, Hectic wrote:
In post 736, IMASPY wrote:
This is where i was ready to sacrifice my life. I was thinking if we hammered natsu without much discussion I was gonna die in the night.
This post makes very little sense to me, Ima. Your plan was to flip Natsu today without any further discussion. But how can you say that we go into day 3 with at least one mafia killed if he flips green? You're a likely lynch for tomorrow, are you saying you're not town?
Quite the opposite.. I expected to die in the night from the mafia. I did not want to serve that information up on a platter at the time of posting. If natsu flipped red we have a mafia, If natsu flips green... i die.. day 2 they lynch you are DP and get a maf.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:26 am

Still don't get why you think you'd die as a leading wagon? Idgaf really but weird thought process
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:29 am

Post by IMASPY »

I dont believe a wagon put on me before i entered the game is legit. Arthur quit posting before 100 post. He only had 7. They are reasonable to me. It does look like he didnt put alot of effort into his readslist.. i mean not everyone is expected to use colors. And it was pretty early so there isnt much content to give long reasons for reads.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:30 am

Post by IMASPY »

After i entered the game and gave my opinions as i read and final opinions after i was done reading the wagon disbanded off me for the most part. Hectic is one of the 2 that has stayed on me since i came in the game, but along with 72offsuit they were both "scumreading" my slot hard before i even came in the game.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Natsu »

He emphasizes a townread on Luca, who hasn't actually joined the wagon on him and who was at the time still voting his counter-wagon
I am pretty sure I didn't TR Luca until much more recently, are you saying I am now TRing him after he jumped on your wagon?

@Spy I still don't see how you would assume you would be killed when there are far more obv-town people who have never been voted for a considerable length.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:36 am

Post by IMASPY »

DP if you are scum im gonna be impressed man. I cant get a solid read on you, because I cant seem to put you on town.

VOTE: Unvote
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 am

Post by IMASPY »

In post 788, Natsu wrote:
He emphasizes a townread on Luca, who hasn't actually joined the wagon on him and who was at the time still voting his counter-wagon
I am pretty sure I didn't TR Luca until much more recently, are you saying I am now TRing him after he jumped on your wagon?

@Spy I still don't see how you would assume you would be killed when there are far more obv-town people who have never been voted for a considerable length.
I only view 72offsuit as really voting for me.

Hectic i believe has said they like my slot more since i have came in but still unsure. 72offsuit has come out and said a couple times they still see me as scum.

I was assuming i would be kill based on my reads. I was so sure i had the game figured out as natsu, DP, and Hectic having both maf in this group of 3.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:42 am

Post by IMASPY »

I thought if you died and flipped red. Hectic was your partner and he would have killed me, and then use the "if i was scum why would i first kill the guy that called me out as natsu's partner" excuse.

I was also thinking if you died and flipped green. Hectic and DP were partners, and they would kill me. Then maybe deflect off of them by accusing each other of killing me.

I dont want to kill anyone really now. I am still wanting dsjstr to get more involved....You wanna talk about stuff now if you are still here?
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Yes, it sucks to replace into a scummy slot.
Particularly if you are scum.

You own your slot and it is up to you to convince everyone SRing you otherwise. So far im not convinced and still believe you to be the best lynch.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:04 am is DsJ's last post
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by dsjstr »

I set a request to replace out because I joined more games than I could handle, xtoxm has been looking for a replacement.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by IMASPY »

I think its your job to figure out who is town, and who is scum. I havent really tried to convince you of anything. I just have been trying to figure out who town/scum is. Im not gonna go through each person and ask them what i can do to convince them i am town. That is why i spent 4 hours to catch up and be a part of the game when i replaced in. I wanted to show i am here trying to find scum for town. I am not playing some stupid gambit. I am here as a town calling out people i think are scum based on what i have read this game.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Hectic »

I kinda get what you mean in how political it looks, Pikachu.
In post 782, Detective Pikachu wrote:I'm townreading Luca and 72offsuit, even though they are scumreading me. Mainly because a lot of their reads on me have solid substance, I just don't think they know the kind of player I am.
Also, these type of "you're just town that's wrong on me" reads come more often from scum than town.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

This post is giving me a bad vibe.
It sounds like you are saying you cant Remember what sort of read You had on luca. I would expect you to have at least some feel for where playersie on the town to scum scale. Only scum has to 'remember'.

It's a famous Mark Twain quote:

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything

Its like you arent looking for tells, but are rather just artificially coming up with reads.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by IMASPY »

Reading again I believe the reason i seen Natsu and Hectic as the scum team is the interactions between them in the RVS of the game.

Hectic posted an intro that was clearly all for the sake of a joke

Spoiler:
In post 10, Hectic wrote:Hey, friends!

I'm quite new, so is it okay if I lurk this game and try to learn from the more experienced people? Also, should we mass claim? It could be useful to talk about who we target in the night. I will start: I am the Town Goon. I am not allowed to target anyone in the night.

VOTE: 72offsuit

Then Natsu used RVS to take the opportunity to vote Hectic

Spoiler:
In post 28, Natsu wrote:Oh boy. At first I was going to complain about the SE's not setting Hectic straight for his trash tier posting. But then I realized he was an SE, even though he says he's quite new. Then again in my last game the SE's were the ones making all the questionable moves. Do people typically get worse at mafia the more they play?
In post 10, Hectic wrote:Hey, friends!

I'm quite new, so is it okay if I lurk this game and try to learn from the more experienced people? Also, should we mass claim? It could be useful to talk about who we target in the night. I will start: I am the Town Goon. I am not allowed to target anyone in the night.

VOTE: 72offsuit

This is somehow worse than the first post of a person in my last game, which got her massively scumread and lynch-mobbed. You are playing a complete fool on purpose here. I'm guessing you are trying to get an actual vanilla townie newb to be like "hey, it shouldn't say town goon!" and then vote for you because you look like a terrible scum player who just tipped their hand. So I guess I'll go ahead and grant you your wish and vote for you because it's not supposed to say town goon.
VOTE: Hectic

After reading further I find that Hectic actually has thousands of hours of mafia gametime. But I'll keep my vote here to see where he's taking us with this style of posting.

Which was responded with what seemed like a softball question

Spoiler:
In post 39, Hectic wrote:
In post 28, Natsu wrote:I'm guessing you are trying to get an actual vanilla townie newb to be like "hey, it shouldn't say town goon!" and then vote for you because you look like a terrible scum player who just tipped their hand.
Hey, Natsu. Why do you think scum would employ this strategy?

In response to this question Natsu kinda just flip flops on his post and forgives Hectic, and answers his RQS.

Spoiler:
In post 46, Natsu wrote:
In post 39, Hectic wrote:
In post 28, Natsu wrote:I'm guessing you are trying to get an actual vanilla townie newb to be like "hey, it shouldn't say town goon!" and then vote for you because you look like a terrible scum player who just tipped their hand.
Hey, Natsu. Why do you think scum would employ this strategy?
Specifically to out a town role from someone who contests you. Might make PR hunting easier somehow. No one took the bait though. I don't necessarily see it as scummy at this point in time. As for the questions:

0. Town (finally)
1. I think I prefer playing as town. Too early to tell.
2. I've played two games on this site, both flawless mafia games. Also some Town of Salem and a little irl stuff.
3. Going back in time.
4. The virtual world
5. A fair bit.

Which was then followed by a freindly post.
This post concluded their questioning of each other for the game.
After this post they both were firmly town on each other. Actually hectic really never scumread Natsu and thats why i was less sure about him. The scum read that natsu had on hectic was purely RVS, and since then natsu has cleared hectic as his town lock.

Spoiler:
In post 60, Hectic wrote:
In post 46, Natsu wrote:2. I've played two games on this site, both flawless mafia games. Also some Town of Salem and a little irl stuff.
I noticed! Also, funny that Pikachu posted that, because I also noticed you greeted the thread in both those games. Just something to note down as
+1 Banana Peel.

Virtual world is ideal. I'm uploading my consciousness onto my PC now actually, but the transfer rate is 10Kb/s so it'll take a while.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 790, IMASPY wrote:Hectic i believe has said they like my slot more since i have came in but still unsure.
Ima, my friend, what gave you this impression when I posted this earlier:
In post 596, Hectic wrote:I think Arthur and Spy have both shown scum equity and I vastly prefer that over anyone else. Still lean town on Pikachu. Jaiden TBD after I have a look at her other games. Luca was townish as well.
Also, you were so confident in your reads that you though Natsu flipping green meant it was definitely Pikachu and I, and that we'd nightkill you out of fear? I'm struggling to believe that, buddy. Especially based on you saying this now:
In post 791, IMASPY wrote:I dont want to kill anyone really now.