insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:55 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 369, Wimpy wrote:
In post 364, insomnia wrote:I already touched on this but this is most likely a town post because scum wouldn't even care to assume such a stance
Unfortunately this isn’t accurate. Regardless of alignment when people cross the line, I care and will make sure they get punished one way or another. The site mods don’t enforce rules unfortunately so I have to just make sure they die.
this post makes you even more town if anything so like... :P
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:57 am

Post by insomnia »

I mean I understand Ame's positioning and I'd probably defend her even if it was intentional, as I'm actually also gonna push players if I think they're scum and i wouldn't really care if they're here or not, I think that's inherently townier, because you know you're talking to a brick wall but still pushing it regardless

but in this context i think it was simply a matter of misunderstanding and I don't even think it was intentional - not sure why we're focusing so much on it and ignoring her actual attempts at gamesolving.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:01 am

Post by clidd »

In post 374, Wimpy wrote:Everyone also has a right to be on v/la and not be attacked for it. And I don’t care if I give you scum vibes
Was it supposed to have some emotional weight in what you are saying ? I will not change my posture towards you because of this.
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Wimpy »

I don’t care if you change your posture or not. I really don’t give a darn what you think of me. If you think I’m scum. Vote me and get people to lynch me. Otherwise go scum hunt.
I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today

I will no longer explain my reasons for my scum reads.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:26 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Hey sorry been busy lately. Will catch up later today.
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Wimpy »

In post 375, insomnia wrote:this post makes you even more town if anything so like.
it's basically the same thing that Luca is getting town credit for tbh.

every scum player is going to try and play like they do as town (or at least they should. Scum players who play differently always make me scratch my head) so sure on the surface I look like I am town, but I very well could be scum. nobody will know for sure until I am dead.

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:44 am

Post by Hectic »

Luca, what does scum!Flippo look like? And why do you SR me?

Wimpo, am I right in assuming you think clidd is town despite pushing you?
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Wimpy »

I have no read on clidd. I haven't seen them do anything of value yet

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 364, insomnia wrote:.
In post 337, Luca Blight wrote:Just catching up now...
In post 190, Ame wrote:Yes!

Vote: flippy

Also thank you for the quotes. I had actually completely missed that you had already started to consider town Aaron before you logged off.
Why did you wait for Insomnia to get on-board with your Flippy SR before voting yourself?
Don't really like this post, I don't think it accomplishes anything and is just trying to paint Ame scummy. After I sifted through this post, i think the mentality behind it is luca "scum reading" ame and trying to paint her scummy, rather than trying to deduce her alignment here, with that leading question. What is ame even supposed to answer to that?

I also don't like that the progression is

>scum reading ame
>ending to a town read
>at the end of the debate, luca still says "meh it could come from scum easily". If you are starting to town read the slot, why even point that out? Admittedly this could be just the natural progression through the catchup which i didn't check, but it still feels as though he wants to keep ame in check when he doesn't have what for
Its purpose was to understand why Ame waited for you to vote Flippy before voting herself, and also to display my thoughts as I caught up. I don’t see why that’s not something that couldn’t be answered, if it was done for genuine reasons.

Where did I say I TR Ame? And even if I were TR’ing her, why wouldn’t I point that out? If someone draws flawed conclusions on someone then I’m going to point it out regardless of my read on that person.

For example, Clidd hard townreads me based on what I consider flawed reasoning. I know I’m Town, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to ignore it.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Ame »

In post 371, Wimpy wrote:
In post 364, insomnia wrote:Why would she push a V/LA slot as scum
Why would she as town?

How about I just see the act as disgusting and technically a violation of site rules and because of that she doesn’t deserve to play. I personally scum read the act. If nobody else does that’s fine.
I'm going to try and reach out to you one more time, but you're really making this unfun to play and are crossing the line. Even if I did think you were vla, that's not a valid reason for you to be taking this to a personal level. Stick to the game. That being said, it genuinely wasn't in my mind at the time that you were V/LA. You didn't have a banner like Luca and Hectic and I had been off the internet for more than 24 hours. Your weekend thing simply wasn't at the forefront of my mind. Weekends aren't a defining part of my week as they are for most people as they aren't a break in my routine.
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Wimpy »

unfortunately, you have already crossed the line. You think I am having fun? I have to trash my entire game because of what you did. Nobody is going to lynch you or me today, which means i have to continue to drag this out for multiple day phases.

I am not sorry if you are offended by that statement, but I was offended first.

be-gone. I have nothing more to say to you.

AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:21 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Ame's page 9 was pretty good actually but I'm not willing to slap a townread there just yet. Even scum who get heat early can obvtown to take the pressure off of them.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 312, clidd wrote:Because he wouldn't say this as scum. We played a game together, and he's acting the same way (he was town that game).
Don't you think that scum!Luca would try to emulate his towngame as much as possible?

I don't have much meta with scum Luca, the one scum game I did play with him he replaced out of so not much to go on there.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:32 am

Post by AaronFrost »

I'm at a problem where I have no idea how to read Wimpy's deathtunnel of Ame. Like there's a part of me that thinks that that kind of behavior almost never comes from scum, but I think the way he's going about it is also objectively anti-town.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:34 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 333, clidd wrote:
In post 326, Luca Blight wrote:Hectic, unvote Flips please. I want to catch up without worrying about a lolhammer.
This guy is extremely locktown, I hope you see that too.
This is a bad post to locktown someone off of, scum can easily say things like that to get towncred (I've seen them do it quite a bit too). Not accusing Luca of anything, just throwing that out there.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:35 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 344, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 221, AaronFrost wrote:
@Luca
can you link me to the games where clidd replaced out as scum? I do want more from that slot so hopefully they either post some reads soon or get replaced.
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81952

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81816
Thanks
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Wimpy »

Like even if AME didn't mean to use my v/la against me, even if it was an accident. 2 of their scum reads were people who were low posters. Now Ame was also a low poster so a low poster who scum reads other low posters is lazy, hypocritical, and probably trying to deflect away from herself.

I don't particularly see those traits as townie. her explanation that they were half assed reads just makes it worse.

not to mention she actually scum reads me being angry. Some people argue it's townie but I don't agree with that. Anger is NAI. It definitely isn't something that makes you increase your scum read.

so removing the fact that she "didn't know I was v/la" her actions still reak of scum.

Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Wimpy »

In post 388, AaronFrost wrote:I'm at a problem where I have no idea how to read Wimpy's deathtunnel of Ame. Like there's a part of me that thinks that that kind of behavior almost never comes from scum, but I think the way he's going about it is also objectively anti-town.
Then go ahead and lynch me today because it will continue. I will not vote anyone else this game until she is gone.

Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Wimpy »

you know what. That's not fair to anyone. sorry.

Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Ame »

In post 391, Wimpy wrote:Like even if AME didn't mean to use my v/la against me, even if it was an accident. 2 of their scum reads were people who were low posters. Now Ame was also a low poster so a low poster who scum reads other low posters is lazy, hypocritical, and probably trying to deflect away from herself.

I don't particularly see those traits as townie. her explanation that they were half assed reads just makes it worse.

not to mention she actually scum reads me being angry. Some people argue it's townie but I don't agree with that. Anger is NAI. It definitely isn't something that makes you increase your scum read.

so removing the fact that she "didn't know I was v/la" her actions still reak of scum.
Now this is more like it!

To address your points, the low posting is independent of scuminess. You say it's hypocritical of me to have scum read 2 low posters at the time while also being a low poster, but the irony is that you were in the same situation. I had you/Luca on my list and you had me/Luca on your list.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Ame »

@hectic/anyone else that's asked me a question, I'll respond later when on desktop.
Wimpy
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Wimpy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Wimpy »

The huge difference is I had actual reasons that didn’t include number of posts so it’s a shitty comparison.

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 387, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 312, clidd wrote:Because he wouldn't say this as scum. We played a game together, and he's acting the same way (he was town that game).
Don't you think that scum!Luca would try to emulate his towngame as much as possible?

I don't have much meta with scum Luca, the one scum game I did play with him he replaced out of so not much to go on there.
Yes, obviously, but I have personal reasons for considering him locktown.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 389, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 333, clidd wrote:
In post 326, Luca Blight wrote:Hectic, unvote Flips please. I want to catch up without worrying about a lolhammer.
This guy is extremely locktown, I hope you see that too.
This is a bad post to locktown someone off of, scum can easily say things like that to get towncred (I've seen them do it quite a bit too). Not accusing Luca of anything, just throwing that out there.
The concern is normal, but you know my methods. I am always willing to take risks.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by clidd »

And
Wimpy
is getting the game dirty to read, I would consider a modkill here, so we can stop the progressive loss of IQ. Being offended by something so ridiculous is very superficial.