Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Concluding my case against Insomnia, even his Flips push lacked any energy to it, and his 'paranoia' of Ame looked super fake, especially the way he just suddenly drops it and rushes the SR on me based on the same reasoning he had earlier without even reading my recent posts.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Ame »

I don't understand:

1. You SR my opening
2. You felt better when I made my follow up post (which included the mean line)
3. Then you (incorrectly) realized that it wasn't a joke and SR me again
4. I then explained that it was a joke

When did part 3 come in?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 488, insomnia wrote:I liked your explanation of wimpy and whatnot but this lazy posting is making me paranoid af.
There's no evidence that Insomnia is actually paranoid af - it's like he notices a difference in Ame (as do I) and feels he should be paranoid, rather than it being a natural reaction.
In post 504, insomnia wrote:
In post 492, Ame wrote:because I am playing differently.
uhhhhhhhhh

why?
In post 505, insomnia wrote:That alone now made my confidence sink in further than my heart when I see my math test grade

i thought it was unintentional but now that she's claiming it was intentional feels as though there's an underlying reasoning for doing this, and if it is, it's not catching any scum or she would've come out with results if it was some sort of reaction test

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
He posts this and then just immediately drops it in favour of shading Flips again, and later voting me based on the same reasons he gave ages ago, despite ignoring my response to those reasons.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

@Ame: probably around when you were SR'ing me for thinking you were being nice - I hadn't realised you were actually serious about it until then, as I felt your post was so obviously nice that you must be joking.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

To clarify - I know you were joking about being mean and not joking about not being nice, but I thought you were joking about both.

The fact you seemed to seriously claim it was mean just made me more perplexed by it, until I realised at least that was a joke as I originally had thought.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Ame »

Got it, thanks!
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 220, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 196, insomnia wrote:I know you aren't doing it consciously but this is just unnecessary banter that I've dealt with in the past. Wasn't trying to put it on you, not my intention, I was explaining why I'm not snapping at you, of course you wouldn't know. I'm just on really thin fucking ice and this is the reason I took a break, because of my toxicity so I'd appreciate if you just stopped trying to poke a creature that will wreak havoc. I can endure stuff but like don't push it too much either.
This + insomnia's tone in general is pretty townie

@Wimpy
so they're independent reads, gotcha, thanks
What about this is townie? He was quite argumentative with Wimpy in the previous game. If I were to read into this it would be scumSomni attempting to avoid the spotlight.
In post 386, AaronFrost wrote:Ame's page 9 was pretty good actually but I'm not willing to slap a townread there just yet. Even scum who get heat early can obvtown to take the pressure off of them.
I don't get where I'm at for you. You find my posts townie, but they aren't AI? Am I still scum for you or just not town?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Hectic »

Lul, I think I'm gonna have to skim though this game you guys keep bringing up. Probably be useful.

Ame, I got my games mixed up with regards to your question earlier.

Clidd, have your two townlocks being so certain of each other being scum changed your opinion on either?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by Hectic »

Gave it a brief read, and I think Somni's play here is mostly consistent with his play there. The attack on Luca is similar to the one on Chara at the EoD 1. Curious to hear why you think he's behaving differently here, Luca.
Felt bad when AaronFF claimed scum, but I enjoyed the trolling that came after lol. Seeing his play there makes me feel a lot more confident about this being town!Aaron though. His play here is very similar to the game I just had with him where I correctly identified him as town very early on, and it's nothing really like the game I just skimmed. Ame and Somni see that too, so I'm struggling to see why Luca doesn't see that same thing. And no, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that AaronFF's ironed out his scumgame to such an extent after 1 game.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by Hectic »

Entertaining the possibility of a Clidd+Luca team. Luca "scumreads" clidd early for not being active enough. Clidd locktowns him for it and Luca backs off because Clidd's playing the game which is town-indicative. Distances them early and gives them a reason to townread each other later. Tinfoil theory for now.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I think I've explained everything regarding Insomnia and Frost already, Hectic.

Regarding Frost, I'm not saying he's suddenly become a scum mastermind - that's not what I'm seeing here. His play this game has been cautious, asking easy questions, fence-sitting, all very easy stuff to do as scum. I don't think it's a massive leap to say he's changed his play style for this game, particularly if he rolled scum again against a similar group of players who figured him out last time around. Certainly, his last scum game was hugely different from his scum game against me previous to that. Frost is still a relatively new player, and even one completed scum game is huge added experience for him.
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by Pretentious »

Vote Count 1.07
Next 3 days I’ll be working on overnight shoots, so expect me to be less active. You guys will manage. Behave.

Ame
(3): AaronFrost, Karnage, Emperor flippyNips,
Luca Blight
(2): Ame, Insomnia
Emperor flippyNips
(1): Dsjstr,
Insomnia
(1): Luca Blight
Clidd
(1): Hectic

Not Voting
(1): Clidd

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-02-17 14:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Don’t be outta pocket.
I will see all of you in the FUN ZONE
Normal Game - Mod Account Mini Normal 2118: Boon Gets Pretentious
Town: 3 w 0 L - Scum: 1 w 0 L

Alt of Flavor Leaf
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Glancing over dsjstr, I still TR his slot but I’d like to see him talk about more than just Flips.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:54 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Flips, Ame
TR

Dsjstr
Hectic
Clidd, Karnage

Frost
Insomnia
SR

That’s kind of where I’m at right now. I feel a little better about Hectic after ISO’ing him.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

The reason I now TR Ame is because her recent sorting of me/Frost/Insomnia feels really genuine.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:50 am

Post by clidd »

In post 688, Ame wrote:
In post 600, clidd wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 597, Ame wrote:
In post 595, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 575, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 573, Ame wrote:
In post 571, Luca Blight wrote:And I think it's unreasonable that you're SR'ing me so strongly because I disagree on Frost.
If you want to admit that your perfect record on Aaron is now broken, I'll drop it :]

(But not really)
Seriously, your apparent confidence that Frost is Town based on the above is disturbing to me.
Although I kind of agree with this, I tend to get worried that I'm being pocketed whenever people overly townread me.
I can't help it that you're obvious :]
In post 584, clidd wrote:
In post 563, Ame wrote:@Clidd looks like your intuition was wrong.
No,
absolutely not
. Of course, he may be confused, or even acting sporadically, but he remains town. The point where he looked for my two games, was where I became convinced of that. It would be very easy to push me to get lynched based on the premise of Hectic, for example, which creates a parallel with the effort that I usually apply in some matches. Considering that he did not act according to 3 or 4 scenarios in which he could definitely have achieved my lynch today, it is plausible to confirm him as locktown (at least in my view). It is also likely that he still has a strong SR on me, but prefers to simulate an apathy about it in exchange for my collaboration, judging that statistically, it is advantageous to have support in the voting phase, regardless of alignment.
Him not acting in the way you think would be optimal for him as scum is not a town tell. And the idea that he has a secret SR on you is entirely unwarranted and you know it.
In post 585, clidd wrote:And yes, I am inclined to agree with his conclusions. However, I don't know if it became notorious, but it seems quite obvious that he is instigating Aaron's reaction right now. The dialogue between both was not purely accusatory, but suggestively informative. Luca is trying to sort out the peculiarities of Aaron's behavior in this game, disregarding the neutral standard he usually sets in his games. By doing this now, it becomes more unlikely that Aaron, in case of being scum, will be able to draw his way to the mid/late game, especially due to the verbal discrepancy and high potential for antagonization if, in fact, the 3-way or 4-way players occurs.
His read is serious, not investigative. He even stated that this is his first massive scum read.

Hum, no. There are no predefined limiters of what is or is not considered a towntell under points formulated from someone's subjective perception, especially if we enter the individual spheres of thought, which are shaped by experiences that diverge between players. So what for me can be a gigantic towntell, for you, however, can be null. I don't see why my speculation about a hidden SR is not valid, considering that a good strategic part of our thoughts are not transparent to the public. An example of this would be to tell your plan openly and expect it to work properly, when you could have used the element of surprise to enhance its effectiveness. And about his tone, obviously, it is not difficult to deduce the fact that Luca questioned more aggressively the reason for Aaron's behavior to collect information, as well as realizing that the seriousness content is relatively suggestive and tends to seek more firmness in the interaction between the two. In other words, try asking a criminal if he murdered a person in a friendly tone, I guarantee your answer will not be satisfactory.
Many tells are subjective, but they are still either valid or invalid. In this case, however, your town tell is objectively invalid. There are a number of reasons why Luca wouldn't push you:
  • 1. He felt it would look bad pushing you. This particularly makes sense because he received early suspicions for his vote on you.
    2. He is playing cautiously and didn't feel there was a solid enough reason to push you.
    3. He felt it would be more advantageous for you to town read him than it would be to lynch you.
Only if you have evidence that eliminates each of these possibilities would your reasoning and tell be valid. Yet the evidence is actually in favor of point 1.

As for he having a secret scum read on you, it's a gross assumption about the mindstate of another that you simply have no foundation for.
What you have described enters the individual sphere of subjective thought that I mentioned earlier. A point can be valid or invalid, provided it is proven or disproved, respectively. The fact that there is more than one possibility, in this context, does not invalidate my reasoning, nor does it detract from my speculations about a possible hidden, but not admitted, SR. And no, the evidence is not one-sided and remains open to interpretation. Unless you have some particularity that allows you to read Luca's subconscious, I believe that my speculative space will remain the same. Not to mention five or six other possibilities that you probably didn't think about, but that would be irrelevant to quote now. Also:

1. No, as observed by Hectic in post , there were traits that would make possible, since my past games were analyzed, an accusation based on the deviation of behavior that I am exhibiting in this game, considering that my posts do not represent the same standard that I normally follow as alignment.

2. The opposite: he created a parallel with the two games that I was scum, comparing the constancy of activity as a determining characteristic to show that, due to the fact that I did not '' abandon '' the game, there is a significant margin that points to the possibility of me being town.

3. This consideration is incomplete, but it seems vaguely to fit one of the points I drew in my sketch.

I don't exactly understand the intention of this interaction, but I believe that because you were previously among my locktowns, I don't have to worry about it so much. It seems that the paradox of choice is directly affecting your current considerations, especially due to the emerging questioning stance that, at first, seems slightly sporadic, but soon ranks as neutral and instigating, getting answers to not only determine the motivation of some players, but also to track lines that can, if properly shaped, indicate likely associative patterns depending on the answers.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:55 am

Post by clidd »

In post 707, Hectic wrote:Lul, I think I'm gonna have to skim though this game you guys keep bringing up. Probably be useful.

Ame, I got my games mixed up with regards to your question earlier.

Clidd, have your two townlocks being so certain of each other being scum changed your opinion on either?
No, it didn't. You probably have noticed by our games together (already closed), that I am very insistent on the speculations that I consider absolute, especially when I detect them at the beginning of the game. Although my effort is not necessarily close to what I normally demonstrate, I believe that this game, in particular, i am testing a different approach. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:00 am

Post by clidd »

At this moment, what concerns me most is the centralization of attention. If you remember the game with Cheeky, the last scum was just the guy who avoided the stage while the others argued. And this whole situation where my locktowns are considering the other scum is giving me a headache, honestly.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:13 am

Post by clidd »

These voting distributions are a mess. Dsjstr voting Flippy ? Ame and Insomnia in a wagon ? something is wrong here.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 am

Post by clidd »

Well, forget it. I need 24 hours to get my head in order.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:29 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 609, dsjstr wrote:
In post 571, Luca Blight wrote:And I think it's unreasonable that you're SR'ing me so strongly because I disagree on Frost.
I have to say I agree with this and I saw Luca as being town in the Luca/Aaron clash. Aaron was not fence sitting in his town game with me, but he did start the game slow and then quickly positioned players. Luca and Aaron can you share your thoughts on the flippy wagon. If you have already done so can you quote it for me.
I already talked about them here

insomnia I don't think you ever addressed this question

"given that you and flippy nips were both town in good jams, are you noticing any traits other than activity that feel different from that game?"
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 612, Luca Blight wrote:\The close-mindedness of Insomnia’s Luca/Flips push is so lazy and terrible that he’s probably scum.
This is the kind of statement that I almost never expect to come from town!Luca nor was insomnia pushing a Luca/flippynips team. He said it was a TMI read which implies that you both can't be scum together.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:41 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 630, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 625, Ame wrote:Luca, what are your current reads?
I still TR Flips and dsjstr.

I currently think scum is among Frost, Ame and Insomnia, but need to review Hectic who seemed off earlier.
Why do you townread dsj? If you already answered this then I don't remember so could you link it to me if you did.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:45 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 633, Luca Blight wrote:I think Frost would try to improve as scum and don’t see anything in this game he couldn’t have faked so far. We could go in circles here.
Yeah of course I would try to improve, but you're molding your read on me under that assumption instead of actually evaluating my play here.

So IF I am scum trying to improve my play here, then WHY would I attempt the same deflection tactic that I did on you in Mini 2115 in this game with a similar playerlist AND knowing that it didn't work? That makes no fucking sense.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:49 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 638, insomnia wrote:The simple fact that Aaron has been diametrically opposite of his scum game which was his last one before this

And you even suggesting “he would strive to improve” while neglecting how hard it is for someone to switch up their meta from a game to another
Not to mention the first scum game I played with him was while I was still a newbie (which was like > 7 months ago) and my first ever scum game on site. My most recent with him was Mini 2115 which just ended. I had numerous other scumgames in between then which explains the difference in play there. So saying I could drastically change in the span of 1 game is ridiculous.