Open 773: Masons and Mafia: RVS Awards (GAME OVER)

Forum rules
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

Request to treat the witness as scum?

I'm going to assume
In post 223, Auro wrote:
In post 216, Miss Lane wrote:Solid reasoning for Alk has already been given
You're the only vote on Alk. Maybe I missed it, where's the "solid reasoning for Alk"? Quote please.
This isn't a rebuttal, at best an excuse. I think we both know that you know better than "just because someone isn't voting them now doesn't mean they've never voted them."
In post 218, Miss Lane wrote:Several players have acted outside the bounds of solid, consistently town play and have solid reasons for suspicion, but none of them seem to catch your eye at all.
Lot of words in your posts but little reasoning. Maybe show me the "solid reasons for suspicion"? Who are these several players?
When you ask me questions like these while simultaneously trying to accuse me of being scum for skimming, it definitely doesn't put you in a good light.

I'll explain an Ask read when I'm ready.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Auro »

Don't care. You mentioned there's "solid reasoning" for Ald, and I don't find that in thread.
It's not a rebuttal, it's a challenge.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 224, popsofctown wrote:This is implies a confession that getting townread was as much motivation as humor
There was no motivation to get townread off it. My finding that it's valid to townread someone for that doesn't imply I'm trying to get townread - especially given the below.
In post 86, Auro wrote:my awareness of this should negate any townpoints TSE did award me for it;
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

AURO I WASN'T THAT FAR YET AND IT DOES MAKE ME FEEL WAY BETTER OK
NOT ALL OF US HAVE "WASN'T WOTM'D BY HECTIC THE FIRST TIME" PRIVILEGE I'M CATCHING UP
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I HAVE MORE IT'S IN MY CLIP BOARD
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 156, Klick wrote:Fwiw this was 100% a troll response, I don't have a read on Chem yet
this is what I expected klick to say
In post 171, CheekyTeeky wrote:Like tl;dr I don't actually see klick sorting. I just see content for the sake of content. I've seen one town read on yshtola, one scumread on TSE who I'm pretty sure is town. Each of those reads is the only real content in his ISO.
eh, I feel like the stuff you quoted is more conversational rather than scum trying to make content for the sake of content.
In post 175, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 173, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Cheeky, can you quote some of TSE's posts that you think are out of his scumrange?
Skim this: link
And tell me he's not town here. I've played with both town!tse and scum!tse and the kinda non-chalantness and lack of tryharding is very much in line with his town meta.
ugh that is really different from here. plus, I'm getting reminded of town TSE during marathon weekend + me scumreading him for his playstyle rather than it being truly scum-indicative.

unvote

In post 218, Miss Lane wrote:Additionally, I think explanations for votes are overrated and used far more often than warranted.
How do you ever convince people to lynch your scumreads then?
In post 221, popsofctown wrote:Mason mindgames are antitown
well that's exactly what a VT would say
In post 224, popsofctown wrote:This is a scummy post since it should be somewhat intuitive that a "hiding strategy" for masons is almost as dominant as active scumhunting from the symmetry of the setup.
well then by that logic shouldn't every player be trying to hide? VTs to look like masons, masons to avoid getting shot, scum to look town, etc.?

the fact that miss lynch's spelling of my name changes every time is kind of funny
In post 225, Miss Lane wrote:I'll explain an Ask read when I'm ready.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

Also just because the reasons I provide aren't ones you like doesn't make any of it "little reasoning." I think it's a stretch to say I have lots of words, either.
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 230, Alduskkel wrote:How do you ever convince people to lynch your scumreads then?
Are you implying I want you lynched right now? This post confuses me so much.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 232, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 230, Alduskkel wrote:How do you ever convince people to lynch your scumreads then?
Are you implying I want you lynched right now? This post confuses me so much.
This post makes absolutely no sense unless you assume that I want you lynched right now and the only purpose for my vote is to push for your immediate lynch.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

bruh you haven't even given reasons

and as for your question, it's more of a playstyle question about how you, as town, try to get your scumreads lynched if you're not into vote explanations
like what would you do if you wanted someone lynched but you were the only one voting them?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 234, Alduskkel wrote:bruh you haven't even given reasons

and as for your question, it's more of a playstyle question about how you, as town, try to get your scumreads lynched if you're not into vote explanations
like what would you do if you wanted someone lynched but you were the only one voting them?
I already said I'll explain when I'm ready?

I like vote explanations when I need to get someone lynched.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 235, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 234, Alduskkel wrote:bruh you haven't even given reasons

I already said I'll explain when I'm ready?

I like vote explanations when I need to get someone lynched.
Situationally. But if I was trying to get you lynched right now I'd definitely have explained.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

well then what's the purpose of your vote on me?
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 237, Alduskkel wrote:well then what's the purpose of your vote on me?
:|
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 231, Miss Lane wrote:Also just because the reasons I provide aren't ones you like doesn't make any of it "little reasoning." I think it's a stretch to say I have lots of words, either.
What reasons did you provide, though? :P
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 238, Miss Lane wrote:
:|
It's a serious question.
Look, I'm using proper grammar and punctuation. That's how serious I am.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 228, popsofctown wrote:AURO I WASN'T THAT FAR YET AND IT DOES MAKE ME FEEL WAY BETTER OK
I mean lol, that was just 4 posts after the previous one; I still definitely find this accusation from you odd.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:41 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 230, Alduskkel wrote:well then by that logic shouldn't every player be trying to hide? VTs to look like masons, masons to avoid getting shot, scum to look town, etc.?
:o
the fact that miss lynch's spelling of my name changes every time is kind of funny
;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_deduction_game
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:44 pm

Post by Auro »

Not really relevant but here's my counter-wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... _Your_Vote
;)
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 107, Alduskkel wrote:VOTE: TSE

I’m not buying your Auro town read. Anyone could have easily said what Auro said regardless of alignment.

Auro, in post 85 you defended TSE by saying you thought TSE was just memeing, but post 90 makes it clear that’s not the case. Does this change your read at all?
Hm opposite of my take again, do I reconsider, or do I post the principal skinner meme and tinfoil an Alduskkel/Auro/Klick team?
In post 112, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 16, Yshtola Rhul wrote:Hello everybody, my name is Y'shtola Rhul. I am here as an observer and a scholar to the art of mafia.

I will be on standby if needed.
Awkward tone.
All three shot types confirmed darn it all
In post 134, Auro wrote:
In post 115, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:May I ask why you Town read Klick?
As a side note, I think a lot of RVS posts end up seeming awkward, town or scum. Rhul's RVS post was probably decided before gamestart.
This seems like a biased viewpoint, to me the post seemed tailored to match the tempo of the posts surrounding it and didn't see planned pregame.
_______
I really like the thought process in Alduskkel'spost 140, Alduskkel"] and it seems townier than his towngame. The conspiracy theory wasn't obvious to me and seems like town paranoia.
In post 162, Hectic wrote:
VoteCount 1.5

RVS Award for
I'm Very Concerned Right Now
goes to...
In post 12, ika wrote:
In post 11, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 8, ika wrote:
mod: can i play w/o reading my role card?
No.
dang, ok i read it ready to go
Mafiascum trigger the player who triggered the necessity of this rule was named Quagmire and was disliked for unrelated reasons in some contexts.
In post 164, Miss Lane wrote:Hi. I'm Miss Lynch. I exclusively play in MafTiger in protest for how terrible it is. Did you know that there are several buttons that are completely invisible in MafTiger, and some (like the Q+ button) simply do not exist at all?

VOTE: alskadel
I thought you were an alt when I was skimming D&D but now you're definitely an alt.
In post 173, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Cheeky, can you quote some of TSE's posts that you think are out of his scumrange?
I felt that way about post 23 although I'm basing an idea of his scumplay off of one towngame so it's sketchy.
If you feel like citing post 23 as out of scumrange is either dumb or diminutive of the player's scumrange that is probably how you should feel.
In post 178, Hectic wrote:
popsof
s
ctown replaces rb!
Oh hey the latter pages are more uneventful and I am caught up without lots more comment? Unfortunately this triggers shot thooooooooooooo
In post 189, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 179, popsofctown wrote:For Hectic's birthday he misspelled my name and got me my role PM towards the end of my window for reading
Yay! Hi!

Thoughts on Auro?
He's climbed up to closer to null by the time I got to this point but I think he'd be in the list of people I would kill gun-to-head. But below slots like Homura or woodchuck, moreso because I don't anticipate future readability rather than them being much different from a tie for me.
In post 204, Auro wrote: My play might not match your expectations of my townplay, by the way - I'm a lot less serious about this game :P
I draft this post like a jillion times when I roll scum and backspace it so my heart feels concern.
In post 216, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 204, Auro wrote:I'm townreading a lot of the active posters, primarily.
Homura is coasting on the TSE attack.
Miss Lynch's opening posts are scummy, she "skims" the game and votes Aldusskel without any explanation.

My play might not match your expectations of my townplay, by the way - I'm a lot less serious about this game :P
What's scummy about that? Solid reasoning for Alk has already been given, I don't like how you're trying to frame "skimming the game" as something scummy to do.
It's not townie to do, if you're on my team could you pretty please read the short thread word by word? I'm doing that. In fairness I am not reaching that level of tryhard where I do that fully sober, but I am at least at minimum doing it. I release you from doing it sober. I release Hectic from posting votecounts sober.
In post 222, CheekyTeeky wrote:Mason mason mason.
I hate you.
In post 223, Auro wrote:
In post 216, Miss Lane wrote:Solid reasoning for Alk has already been given
You're the only vote on Alk. Maybe I missed it, where's the "solid reasoning for Alk"? Quote please.
In post 218, Miss Lane wrote:Several players have acted outside the bounds of solid, consistently town play and have solid reasons for suspicion, but none of them seem to catch your eye at all.
Lot of words in your posts but little reasoning. Maybe show me the "solid reasons for suspicion"? Who are these several players?
This is goodposting could you please most fully depart null in one direction or the other please
In post 230, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 224, popsofctown wrote:This is a scummy post since it should be somewhat intuitive that a "hiding strategy" for masons is almost as dominant as active scumhunting from the symmetry of the setup.
well then by that logic shouldn't every player be trying to hide? VTs to look like masons, masons to avoid getting shot, scum to look town, etc.?
That's irrelevant in terms of reading you because most of the time people think in 0-1 wine swaps, and you're positing 2+ wine swap logic, and the behavior from you I'm examining is a pretty off the cuff thing, not like, a claim in a dethy setup or something.
I liked one of your later posts so you gained some ground anyway, though.

Proposal/question: should we be posting townreads at all in this setup? Maybe we should only bring them up at L-1?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I said trigger instead of trivia because I'm drunk and I hope that is the only notpreviewediting to do
"Well, I..."
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 202, CheekyTeeky wrote:<.<
>.>
Is it bad that I want to scumread you Auro?
If you'll forgive my personal biases... no, not at all.
In post 208, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 200, Auro wrote:VOTE: Homura
I think this and Miss Lynch both have decent chances of being scum.

Chemist, your accusation of TSE is unfair, he was pressed for reasoning and *then* said he thought I was VT over scum because of the "slip". I don't see why town shouldn't distinguish between Masons and VTs in their sorting process. I feel like you made up a reason to sit on TSE's wagon.
I’d feel this way too but Let’s just say me and Chemist have “History”
In post 209, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:He honestly would just place a vote on me for any reason just for the sack of getting rid of me.

If someone said “PL TSE”
He would join that vote.
Let me guess, you once dunked on him so hard it made him never want to trust you again?
In post 214, Auro wrote:
In post 213, CheekyTeeky wrote:And yet I'm finding your tone more stiff.
*shrug* I think my tone's always like this :P Anything else that makes you want to scumread me?
Idk, I remember you once saying that people find your tone to be more "frozen" when you're scum. Old news?
In post 216, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 204, Auro wrote:I'm townreading a lot of the active posters, primarily.
Homura is coasting on the TSE attack.
Miss Lynch's opening posts are scummy, she "skims" the game and votes Aldusskel without any explanation.

My play might not match your expectations of my townplay, by the way - I'm a lot less serious about this game :P
What's scummy about that? Solid reasoning for Alk has already been given, I don't like how you're trying to frame "skimming the game" as something scummy to do.
Does using the tiger skin really make it so bad such that
seven pages
is an amount you don't have time to read at normal speed? Afaict the issue here is that people are expecting you to have had no need to just skim it all.

@Pops: Not quoting your post because it would be a pain to trim down on this device, but I'm curious as to how you interpreted my "in a nutshell" comment. What I meant is that I have historically had a high rate of randing scum in Open games.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 244, popsofctown wrote:I draft this post like a jillion times when I roll scum and backspace it so my heart feels concern
There's a specific reason I said this to Cheeky in particular. When I say I'm not going to be "as serious" I don't mean I'll troll around, just that I won't be putting in *as* much effort as Cheeky might have seen me recently put in.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 246, Egix96 wrote:Idk, I remember you once saying that people find your tone to be more "frozen" when you're scum. Old news?
Yeah, because I started to get these accusations thrown my way in towngames too, and I've also been townread off tone (I think) in scumgames.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I interpreted as you have a high rate of getting scumread (as both alignment)s in open games, since you were scumread last we played together (and you were scum so like maybe you do rand scum a lot in opens!)
"Well, I..."