Open 773: Masons and Mafia: RVS Awards (GAME OVER)

Forum rules
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

you have a scummy towntone to me auro

but most people think i have a scummy towntone we could start a support group
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Egix, who do you scumread?

Auro, are you buddying me?

pedit: can I get in on this support group
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 244, popsofctown wrote:Proposal/question: should we be posting townreads at all in this setup? Maybe we should only bring them up at L-1?
I was thinking about this earlier. Posting townreads shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't clearly bucket them into "strong" and "weak" townreads IMO.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 251, Alduskkel wrote:Egix, who do you scumread?

Auro, are you buddying me?

pedit: can I get in on this support group
No because I'm the capricious Duchess and I don't personally scumread your towntone.

CheekyTeeky is out too because I only scumread her towntactics.

Chemist1422 is invited to submit an application.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 250, popsofctown wrote:you have a scummy towntone to me auro
And I have a towny scumtone apparently. :P I'm honestly curious about *why* people find my tone scummy - is this something you can detail? Post-game if not now.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 251, Alduskkel wrote:Auro, are you buddying me?
Yeah, is it working?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 252, Auro wrote:
In post 244, popsofctown wrote:Proposal/question: should we be posting townreads at all in this setup? Maybe we should only bring them up at L-1?
I was thinking about this earlier. Posting townreads shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't clearly bucket them into "strong" and "weak" townreads IMO.
I think this makes sense
and I think people should pay attention to this thought
MISS LYNCH MISS LYNCH MISS LYNCH

COUNTRY MUSIC SUCKS??

I don't mean it but idk you're skimming techniques.
"Well, I..."
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 255, Auro wrote:
In post 251, Alduskkel wrote:Auro, are you buddying me?
Yeah, is it working?
nah cuz I already know you're town cuz we're masons together
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by Auro »

Wtf are scum doing, just shoot people already lol, don't make this game boring!
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 243, Auro wrote:Not really relevant but here's my counter-wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... _Your_Vote
;)
I think a certain understanding of the quoted article doesn't oppose my stance in the slightest and even supports it.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 254, Auro wrote:
In post 250, popsofctown wrote:you have a scummy towntone to me auro
And I have a towny scumtone apparently. :P I'm honestly curious about *why* people find my tone scummy - is this something you can detail? Post-game if not now.
The term 'tone' almost inherently mostly refers to qualities that are ineffable. (if you haven't heard that "twenty dollar word" it's a really good one I recommend using.)
Here's an off the top of my head characterization: A feeling like you say the minimum amount you think sufficient to persuade the person, and then stop there, when you think it is plenty enough to persuade.

While entirely rational, it suggests a lack of passion and that every word is calculated.

It is qualitatively different from someone who constantly posts less than needs to be said, that definitely exists in forum mafia *feigned coughing*.

There's probably much better I could figure out but like I said it's the very thing that's naturally hard to describe.

I did mostly not get very bloodthirsty for your slot in white flag but it was mostly wagonomics, you learn the wisdom to quickly override your tonereads like year 0.71 of a mafia career.
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:00 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 259, Miss Lane wrote:I think a certain understanding of the quoted article doesn't oppose my stance in the slightest and even supports it
Hence "not really relevant", I just like quoting Thor wikis.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

was Thor playing in late 2018/early 2019, was I really barely late in my return
"Well, I..."
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 256, popsofctown wrote:
In post 252, Auro wrote:
I think this makes sense

COUNTRY MUSIC SUCKS??

I'm not certain what you're saying here.

==============

I have read the thread at this point, BTW. This morning I was a bit short on time and I read a couple pages, but skimmed others. Prior to responding to anyone tonight, however, I had read the entire thread. I wasn't expecting everyone to make a deal out of the way I informed everyone I was caught up on the current events if my responses displayed an understanding. I was wrong.
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 204, Auro wrote:I'm townreading a lot of the active posters, primarily.
Homura is coasting on the TSE attack.
Miss Lynch's opening posts are scummy, she "skims" the game and votes Aldusskel without any explanation.

My play might not match your expectations of my townplay, by the way - I'm a lot less serious about this game :P
In post 205, Auro wrote:
In post 15, Homura wrote:
In post 9, Alduskkel wrote: VOTE: Homura
because rebellion was a mistake
I did nothing wrong.
In post 136, Homura wrote:
In post 107, Alduskkel wrote:VOTE: TSE

I’m not buying your Auro town read. Anyone could have easily said what Auro said regardless of alignment.
What'd you make of Auro saying it wa a valid reason to townread him?
In post 168, Homura wrote:
In post 158, TrueSoulEnergy wrote: Because there is no Mason PT according to the rules we just know alignments.
The fact he said PT makes me believe he is VT.
Why did you rule out Auro WIFOMing?
This is all Homura has to offer about the game?
It appears like you are scumreading players for not explaining their thoughts. Is this accurate?
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

Thor was my IC in one of my first newbie games.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 263, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 256, popsofctown wrote:
In post 252, Auro wrote:
I think this makes sense

COUNTRY MUSIC SUCKS??

I'm not certain what you're saying here.

==============

I have read the thread at this point, BTW. This morning I was a bit short on time and I read a couple pages, but skimmed others. Prior to responding to anyone tonight, however, I had read the entire thread. I wasn't expecting everyone to make a deal out of the way I informed everyone I was caught up on the current events if my responses displayed an understanding. I was wrong.
Browbeating other players into efforting benefits the wincon Hectic gave me 12 hours ago sry about the collateral damage Miss
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:03 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 217, popsofctown wrote:Ok I might read this game now but I'm going to take one shot every time Hectic posted and it wasn't a VC, every time anyone mentions masons, and one shot any time CheekyTeeky says something that doesn't make sense to me.
How drunk are you now?
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 218, Miss Lane wrote:Additionally, I think explanations for votes are overrated and used far more often than warranted. While it's possible, even likely, that we don't see eye-to-eye on this matter, thinking that it's scummy seems to be a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Finally, I think it's pretty scummy that of the players in the game right now, the only two you can really list as possibly scummy are Homura and me. Several players have acted outside the bounds of solid, consistently town play and have solid reasons for suspicion, but none of them seem to catch your eye at all.
Which players fit this criteria?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 260, popsofctown wrote:A feeling like you say the minimum amount you think sufficient to persuade the person, and then stop there, when you think it is plenty enough to persuade.
I've come to realize that saying a lot isn't really much more effective than saying a little. And I seem to attract many players who fit whatever I say into some scum agenda and make countless misrepresentations of my play. Attacks on me do help sort people but it's tiring.

If you do think I'm saying too little about something, feel free to ask? I won't hesitate to detail my thoughts in most cases.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

not very, I lied about doing shots, I only have wine, though I have different plans soon and later for reasons

I took a swig per trigger but that's not particularly meaningful

I'm like ok but I did substitute a word for another word that I wouldn't normally do so that's cool

I think I skipped a lot of the mason rule triggers there were so many it just became like the air around me I guess that should have emptied the bottle
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 264, Yshtola Rhul wrote:It appears like you are scumreading players for not explaining their thoughts. Is this accurate?
Not really. In Homura's case, for having only that thought and nothing else. In Miss Lynch's case, for claiming many things which I find untrue ("solid cases on XYZ") and refusing to explain them, along with other reasons.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 262, popsofctown wrote:was Thor playing in late 2018/early 2019, was I really barely late in my return
Yep. I rolled scum against him in both games I had though >.> suckz
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 269, Auro wrote:
In post 260, popsofctown wrote:A feeling like you say the minimum amount you think sufficient to persuade the person, and then stop there, when you think it is plenty enough to persuade.
I've come to realize that saying a lot isn't really much more effective than saying a little. And I seem to attract many players who fit whatever I say into some scum agenda and make countless misrepresentations of my play. Attacks on me do help sort people but it's tiring.

If you do think I'm saying too little about something, feel free to ask? I won't hesitate to detail my thoughts in most cases.
That's fundamentally irrelevant to a "tone" read, the pithiness of a post and the "style" of its pithiness will stand alone in that regard.

It is a separate matter that I will give you every effort to help me sort you as accurately as I can.
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 225, Miss Lane wrote:This isn't a rebuttal, at best an excuse. I think we both know that you know better than "just because someone isn't voting them now doesn't mean they've never voted them."
I'm confused by what you are saying in this post. Can you reiterate?