Open 773: Masons and Mafia: RVS Awards (GAME OVER)

Forum rules
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 268, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 218, Miss Lane wrote:Additionally, I think explanations for votes are overrated and used far more often than warranted. While it's possible, even likely, that we don't see eye-to-eye on this matter, thinking that it's scummy seems to be a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Finally, I think it's pretty scummy that of the players in the game right now, the only two you can really list as possibly scummy are Homura and me. Several players have acted outside the bounds of solid, consistently town play and have solid reasons for suspicion, but none of them seem to catch your eye at all.
Which players fit this criteria?
How do you feel about being <my townread that is definitionally tied with all other townreads I have>
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

VOTE: Egix
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by Auro »

Also, while I'd *love* to talk about White Flag, mods said to treat it as an ongoing game, so ugh.

I want to alt-hunt Rhul. Hmm.
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 251, Alduskkel wrote:Egix, who do you scumread?
Honestly no idea.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

so how do you plan on fixing that
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 277, Auro wrote:Also, while I'd *love* to talk about White Flag, mods said to treat it as an ongoing game, so ugh.

I want to alt-hunt Rhul. Hmm.
Micc nommed the Open for a scummy and then said you can discuss the completed games as long as you don't discuss team dynamics
I'm like, meh about Team Mafia as a general concept itself, (which may or may not be sour grapes at my -individual- loss) so am probably gonna say whatever, feel free to refuse to respond or report my posts and try to get me banned etc.
Kinda am not vibing with watching the mod nom a townie for an award for using verbal abuse to scumhunt and make the scum more readable and then turn around and respect a gag order about the event but that's just drunkpops
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 271, Auro wrote:
In post 264, Yshtola Rhul wrote:It appears like you are scumreading players for not explaining their thoughts. Is this accurate?
Not really. In Homura's case, for having only that thought and nothing else. In Miss Lynch's case, for claiming many things which I find untrue ("solid cases on XYZ") and refusing to explain them, along with other reasons.
I'm confused, this appears to be reinforcing my thought rather than discounting it.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 274, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 225, Miss Lane wrote:This isn't a rebuttal, at best an excuse. I think we both know that you know better than "just because someone isn't voting them now doesn't mean they've never voted them."
I'm confused by what you are saying in this post. Can you reiterate?
Auro tries to accuse me of voting for Asduck with no previously stated reasoning, and backs up his claim by saying that no one is currently voting Askud. My response to him is that this looks like pointlessly flinging shit in my direction. Someone had previously stated reasoning for voting Asgard while doing so, and (as far as I'm aware) solely unvoted due to said player finding a more appealing reason to vote elsewhere. So not only is his argument theoretically irrelevant to the point that he's trying to reach, it is practically so as well. He should know significantly better than this. To me it looks like he's trying to find players that he can get away with scum reading and he doesn't want to back off of his stance because it draws negative attention in his direction if he can get away with saying things that seem like they're relevant but aren't.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i want to believe yshtola is a main because viera are beautiful
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ankamius shares my love of viera so there's alt equity there though
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 281, Yshtola Rhul wrote:I'm confused, this appears to be reinforcing my thought rather than discounting it.
As in "not explaining thoughts" is not an isolated reason I'm scumreading them for?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 16, Yshtola Rhul wrote:Hello everybody, my name is Y'shtola Rhul. I am here as an observer and a scholar to the art of mafia.

I will be on standby if needed.
I'm 100% sure this doesn't come from a fresh main account. I found this and Ald's reaction to it hilarious.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Auro I didn't say I should believe
I said I want to believe
don't hurt me
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 282, Miss Lane wrote:Auro tries to accuse me of voting for Asduck with no previously stated reasoning, and backs up his claim by saying that no one is currently voting Askud. My response to him is that this looks like pointlessly flinging shit in my direction.
In post 223, Auro wrote:You're the only vote on Alk.
Maybe I missed it, where's the "solid reasoning for Alk"? Quote please.
:neutral:
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 280, popsofctown wrote:Kinda am not vibing with watching the mod nom a townie for an award for using verbal abuse to scumhunt and make the scum more readable and then turn around and respect a gag order about the event but that's just drunkpops
wait do you mean auro or is it a player not in this game?
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 268, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 218, Miss Lane wrote:Additionally, I think explanations for votes are overrated and used far more often than warranted. While it's possible, even likely, that we don't see eye-to-eye on this matter, thinking that it's scummy seems to be a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Finally, I think it's pretty scummy that of the players in the game right now, the only two you can really list as possibly scummy are Homura and me. Several players have acted outside the bounds of solid, consistently town play and have solid reasons for suspicion, but none of them seem to catch your eye at all.
Which players fit this criteria?
Klick, woodchuck, Asgor, chemist
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

i was working under the impression that yshtola isn't an alt
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Not a player in this game.
Evaluating the strength of Auro's play in White Flag is complex but the sportsmanship his sportsmanship in WhiteFlag is plainly 10/10
"Well, I..."
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 279, Alduskkel wrote:so how do you plan on fixing that
This afternoon I'll have a go.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 230, Alduskkel wrote:I feel like the stuff you quoted is more conversational rather than scum trying to make content for the sake of content.
What's the difference?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 280, popsofctown wrote:Micc nommed the Open for a scummy and then said you can discuss the completed games as long as you don't discuss team dynamics
Ah sure then.

The game being part of Team Mafia made me a lot more competitive for the win, so I put in
a lot
of effort there, while being unfairly scumread by a bunch of non-cooperating townsfolk. I was telling Cheeky not to expect that level of effort and patience this game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Hm I think I would not townread yshtola if I really thought she was a main

If hecticgenie grants my wish that she is a main against literally all indications and reason she would not be townread she would be HYPERTOWNREAD HER
(but more seriously my townread of her is based on my idea of how an alt would approach this game)
"Well, I..."
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 294, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 230, Alduskkel wrote:I feel like the stuff you quoted is more conversational rather than scum trying to make content for the sake of content.
What's the difference?
It reads more like NAI human conversation than scum filler.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 296, popsofctown wrote:Hm I think I would not townread yshtola if I really thought she was a main

If hecticgenie grants my wish that she is a main against literally all indications and reason she would not be townread she would be HYPERTOWNREAD HER
(but more seriously my townread of her is based on my idea of how an alt would approach this game)
What is your idea of how an alt would approach this game?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

alduskkell you are getting precipitously close from jumping from null to DEFINITIONALLY TIED WITH MY OTHER TOWNREADS
"Well, I..."