Open 773: Masons and Mafia: RVS Awards (GAME OVER)

Forum rules
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 235, Miss Lane wrote:I already said I'll explain when I'm ready?

I like vote explanations when I need to get someone lynched.
I can relate to this this. Some people prefer to play in 4D. The stubbornness here rings townesque to me.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 298, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 296, popsofctown wrote:Hm I think I would not townread yshtola if I really thought she was a main

If hecticgenie grants my wish that she is a main against literally all indications and reason she would not be townread she would be HYPERTOWNREAD HER
(but more seriously my townread of her is based on my idea of how an alt would approach this game)
What is your idea of how an alt would approach this game?
be more cautious and slow on the trigger and exploit meta to get generally accurate reads because all of you are almost as bad as smurfs ALL OF YOU
but also your weird nai initial post becomes a seasoned cynicism worthy of its own threadvisit rather than a genuine visit to the thread and attempt to contribute with a joke and a read drafted and the read backspaced out because it might be scummy (the word joke used lightly here it was more like a poetry/irony thing? idk)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 299, popsofctown wrote:alduskkell you are getting precipitously close from jumping from null to DEFINITIONALLY TIED WITH MY OTHER TOWNREADS
better be, i mean we're masons after all
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

cheeky why didn't you comment on my auro read
I need to get back onto your whitelist so i don't have to replace into games to play with you
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 301, popsofctown wrote:
In post 296, popsofctown wrote:Hm I think I would not townread yshtola if I really thought she was a main

If hecticgenie grants my wish that she is a main against literally all indications and reason she would not be townread she would be HYPERTOWNREAD HER
(but more seriously my townread of her is based on my idea of how an alt would approach this game)
be more cautious and slow on the trigger and exploit meta to get generally accurate reads because all of you are almost as bad as smurfs ALL OF YOU
but also your weird nai initial post becomes a seasoned cynicism worthy of its own threadvisit rather than a genuine visit to the thread and attempt to contribute with a joke and a read drafted and the read backspaced out because it might be scummy (the word joke used lightly here it was more like a poetry/irony thing? idk)
I think it's polite to introduce yourself to a group of people that don't know you when you first meet them. Is this wrong?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Can you please post something outside of Ankrange so I can stop wondering
"Well, I..."
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:33 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 246, Egix96 wrote:If you'll forgive my personal biases... no, not at all.
Are you calling me bad Egix??
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 306, CheekyTeeky wrote:Are you calling me bad Egix??
His personal biases towards me*, he means :P
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 305, popsofctown wrote:Can you please post something outside of Ankrange so I can stop wondering
I don't understand. I am Y'shtola Rhul, not whomever this person you speak of is.

If you are confused as to my methodology, you need only ask.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 303, popsofctown wrote:cheeky why didn't you comment on my auro read
I need to get back onto your whitelist so i don't have to replace into games to play with you
I'm getting there! You've oscillated on him a fair bit I'm curious to see how it ends.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:37 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 288, Auro wrote:
In post 282, Miss Lane wrote:Auro tries to accuse me of voting for Asduck with no previously stated reasoning, and backs up his claim by saying that no one is currently voting Askud. My response to him is that this looks like pointlessly flinging shit in my direction.
In post 223, Auro wrote:You're the only vote on Alk.
Maybe I missed it, where's the "solid reasoning for Alk"? Quote please.
:neutral:
Miss Lynch, do you still stand by your response that this looks like "pointlessly flinging shit" in your direction?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 304, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 301, popsofctown wrote:

I think it's polite to introduce yourself to a group of people that don't know you when you first meet them. Is this wrong?
It's kind of about the way you tied you account gimmick to the fact you were beginning a mafia game
It my hinge somewhat on my apprehension or misapprehension of yshtola though.
Because I haven't played her source FF game, I only have seen her card in Puzzles and Dragons, and it has no attack stats but lots of abilities which makes me think it's probably scholarly.
But like if that's inaccurate it could change things the Liliana card in PAD has a low healing stat and that's definitely wrong they just usually get it right
Why must my every mafia game include the totality of my life experiences
"Well, I..."
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 251, Alduskkel wrote:Egix, who do you scumread?

Auro, are you buddying me?

pedit: can I get in on this support group
Auro/Aldu not SvS.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:40 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 312, CheekyTeeky wrote:

Auro/Aldu not SvS.
yeah but you already knew that since all 3 of us are masons
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 313, Alduskkel wrote:

Auro/Aldu not SvS.
This style is gonna make you harder to sort than boring straightlace style
but like I guess if you have fun that's what matters to some extent?
drunkpops says your avatar reminds me of the sun in Super Mario Bros 3 which is an unkillable enemy that menaces you until you complete a long level and it always makes me want to scumread you even though it is an inherently positive image life is hard i have always wanted to tell you this thing
"Well, I..."
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 273, popsofctown wrote:That's fundamentally irrelevant to a "tone" read, the pithiness of a post and the "style" of its pithiness will stand alone in that regard.
I wish I was this eloquent drunk. I'd even take it sober :/

Pops I don't see a clear read on Auro from you?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

you don't need to sort me, you know i'm town, it was in your role PM

not really sure what to say about the mario sun thing except it's slightly weird that you assumed I wasn't familiar with it

anyway who do you think is scum, pops?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 313, Alduskkel wrote:

Auro/Aldu not SvS.
Sigh. Look you need to stop telling the scums and ruining my oscar winning performance.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:49 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 310, Auro wrote:
In post 288, Auro wrote:
In post 282, Miss Lane wrote:Auro tries to accuse me of voting for Asduck with no previously stated reasoning, and backs up his claim by saying that no one is currently voting Askud. My response to him is that this looks like pointlessly flinging shit in my direction.
In post 223, Auro wrote:You're the only vote on Alk.
Maybe I missed it, where's the "solid reasoning for Alk"? Quote please.
:neutral:
Miss Lynch, do you still stand by your response that this looks like "pointlessly flinging shit" in your direction?
I think there's definitely a point to it. It's possible I'm wrong, but I'm assuming you're aware of a few things:

1. Mafia team doesn't daytalk
2. There are no nights.
1 + 2 = 3 there is no communication between the mafia players

4. An important part of mafia is sorting, and sometimes, in order to do that, it is a good idea to try and entice other players to do things by taking stances or moving votes or saying things that you might expect someone to react to a certain way as one alignment, but differently as another. Especially in a game where scum have no communication
5. A good way to make other players aware of what a certain player is doing, to remove any value from the actions of that player, to negate any nuance in a certain amount of play, to make the game difficult for town is to relentlessly ask "why." To unendingly bring up points which will very likely bring very little to any argument as to why that player is scum or should be lynched. To continuously remind other players that certain people are trying to do things that are not to be taken at face value.

Multiple times throughout the game I have pointed you in the direction you can look if you'd like to find the reasoning for my vote. Several times I've made it blatantly clear I have no intention of explaining it right now. I think you'd have a very hard time making an argument for my immediate lynch due to voting without an immediate explanation. I think your current train of questioning leads absolutely nowhere and you know it. If the statement before this one isn't true, please tell me where you do expect for it to lead. If you still are completely incapable of finding the long list of clues I've left you as to how you can find part of why I voted the way I voted, you will have to wait for the others. As it is, you have likely already ruined anything I trying to almost in its entirety. If, up until this point, I've been completely wrong about you and you fail to have the depth of understanding of mafia I had come to expect from you, I guess I will have learned the hard way.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

I would like to see a defense of any purpose you can assign to your line of questioning other than the conclusion I have reached, Auro. Unless your argument is that it is all pointless, and you ask for the sake of asking. Then I'd just like you to acknowledge that and we'll both be on our ways.
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

woodchuck scumvibed all of posts enough that I would like to vote him the most.
I feel Auro's "the actives are town" to some extent and there's likely a scum lurking in there but flipping the less-actives first could aim the accuracy within there.

I am conflicted on Auro and don't have a verdict right now but my natural inclination as an 08er is not to desire to murderlate the people who will produce either readable comment or comment I can kick myself for misreading so like I am not in the caring about him I care more about telling you that yshtola might not create more readable comment but is still <tied with all my other townreads> and stuff

Alduskkel I assumed you didn't play SM3 because I assumed if you played that game and had a soul you would never want to associate yourself with the sun ever again.

ancient pharoah akhenaton and pharoah tutankhamen get a pass for living before the NES but also maybe the wheel(?) was invented

after identifying with the thing that mad me game over several times do you go to your backyard and cut the limbs off of grasshoppers 1 by 1 please let me know
pedit: jk not gonna read these 2 posts
"Well, I..."
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 320, popsofctown wrote:pedit: jk not gonna read these 2 posts
I see that I"ve returned to form.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:59 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

isn't it weird that miss lynch is attacking auro way more than the person she's voting for
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

what does my decision to post without reading the 2 posts that popped up in my preview have to do with your "form"?
"Well, I..."
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:02 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 322, Alduskkel wrote:isn't it weird that miss lynch is attacking auro way more than the person she's voting for
You should read the posts you're criticizing.
In post 323, popsofctown wrote:what does my decision to post without reading the 2 posts that popped up in my preview have to do with your "form"?
It was an inside joke. Sorry.