Open 773: Masons and Mafia: RVS Awards (GAME OVER)

Forum rules
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:04 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Well, what's your read on Auro?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 322, Alduskkel wrote:isn't it weird that miss lynch is attacking auro way more than the person she's voting for
Ironically, if you'd read the posts you were criticizing, you wouldn't make this post.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:08 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 325, Alduskkel wrote:Well, what's your read on Auro?
Where do you expect this information to lead you?
Do you expect to draw some conclusion as to my alignment? I doubt it. If you think this is the purpose, please, what response from me would result in what read?
Or are you simply questioning everything at face value simply because you can?
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:09 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

Just give me one. Please. I want one reason for one of your posts. One reason that the post is actually productive, and not just some reactionary question because you play the game on auto-pilot. Just give me one snippet that displays you've put even the slightest amount of thought into the questions you ask.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Telling you what response what result in what read defeats the purpose of asking the question.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

I'm starved for faith here, give me some reason to believe you're worth my time.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

what response would result in what read*
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 329, Alduskkel wrote:Telling you what response what result in what read defeats the purpose of asking the question.
In the same way, telling you what I'm doing defeats the purpose of doing what I'm doing.

I don't understand what is difficult about this.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:11 pm

Post by Auro »

Spoiler: Lot of Words
In post 318, Miss Lane wrote:I think there's definitely a point to it. It's possible I'm wrong, but I'm assuming you're aware of a few things:

1. Mafia team doesn't daytalk
2. There are no nights.
1 + 2 = 3 there is no communication between the mafia players

4. An important part of mafia is sorting, and sometimes, in order to do that, it is a good idea to try and entice other players to do things by taking stances or moving votes or saying things that you might expect someone to react to a certain way as one alignment, but differently as another. Especially in a game where scum have no communication
5. A good way to make other players aware of what a certain player is doing, to remove any value from the actions of that player, to negate any nuance in a certain amount of play, to make the game difficult for town is to relentlessly ask "why." To unendingly bring up points which will very likely bring very little to any argument as to why that player is scum or should be lynched. To continuously remind other players that certain people are trying to do things that are not to be taken at face value.

Multiple times throughout the game I have pointed you in the direction you can look if you'd like to find the reasoning for my vote. Several times I've made it blatantly clear I have no intention of explaining it right now. I think you'd have a very hard time making an argument for my immediate lynch due to voting without an immediate explanation. I think your current train of questioning leads absolutely nowhere and you know it. If the statement before this one isn't true, please tell me where you do expect for it to lead. If you still are completely incapable of finding the long list of clues I've left you as to how you can find part of why I voted the way I voted, you will have to wait for the others. As it is, you have likely already ruined anything I trying to almost in its entirety. If, up until this point, I've been completely wrong about you and you fail to have the depth of understanding of mafia I had come to expect from you, I guess I will have learned the hard way.

So I'm scummy because I couldn't find said reasoning and asked you to please quote it because I seem to have missed it?
I'm not relentlessly asking "why", I'm asking "what"; since you claimed there were solid reasons/cases blah blah.
I expected it to lead to you quoting said cases and me saying "Oh yeah, okay". Right now with my line of questioning I'm expecting you to either back down on your push of me (and by this I mean the specific attacks you made on me), or attempt to justify it more.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:11 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

Like, I think I made it apparent I care naught in what your read of me is when I refused to respond amiably to the first question you asked.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 333, Auro wrote:So I'm scummy because I couldn't find said reasoning and asked you to please quote it because I seem to have missed it?
I'm not relentlessly asking "why", I'm asking "what"; since you claimed there were solid reasons/cases blah blah.
You repeatedly bringing up the things that I'm doing is scummy. Call it whatever you'd like.
I expected it to lead to you quoting said cases and me saying "Oh yeah, okay". Right now with my line of questioning I'm expecting you to either back down on your push of me (and by this I mean the specific attacks you made on me), or attempt to justify it more.
You and me being on the same page about a certain player only matters if I'm trying to get you on the same page as me about that player or if I'm trying to get you to read me a specific way. Given that I've already made it clear that I don't care how you read me or whether or not you're on the same page as me about that specific player at this point in time, I don't understand why you expect any sort of response here.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:15 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 328, Miss Lane wrote:Just give me one. Please. I want one reason for one of your posts. One reason that the post is actually productive, and not just some reactionary question because you play the game on auto-pilot. Just give me one snippet that displays you've put even the slightest amount of thought into the questions you ask.
In post 330, Miss Lane wrote:I'm starved for faith here, give me some reason to believe you're worth my time.
Can you tone down the hostility? It's fine if you think I'm scum, but please don't act like I'm brainless.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:15 pm

Post by Auro »

The lack of response is also telling.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:16 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 333, Auro wrote:I expected it to lead to you quoting said cases and me saying "Oh yeah, okay". Right now with my line of questioning I'm expecting you to either back down on your push of me (and by this I mean the specific attacks you made on me), or attempt to justify it more.
I would have thought that you would be able to deduce the fact that I don't care about your stance on me or your stance on the player in question considering I haven't shared this information. If I wanted you on the same page as me, I'd ask you to be on the same page as me. Or I would respond amiably when you asked me for information that would help you get on the same page as me.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:17 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 336, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 328, Miss Lane wrote:Just give me one. Please. I want one reason for one of your posts. One reason that the post is actually productive, and not just some reactionary question because you play the game on auto-pilot. Just give me one snippet that displays you've put even the slightest amount of thought into the questions you ask.
In post 330, Miss Lane wrote:I'm starved for faith here, give me some reason to believe you're worth my time.
Can you tone down the hostility? It's fine if you think I'm scum, but please don't act like I'm brainless.
Ok. Stop asking stupid questions that have already been answered.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

If you don't care about Auro's stance on you or me, then why keep replying to him?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:20 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 319, Miss Lane wrote:I would like to see a defense of any purpose you can assign to your line of questioning other than the conclusion I have reached, Auro. Unless your argument is that it is all pointless, and you ask for the sake of asking. Then I'd just like you to acknowledge that and we'll both be on our ways.
How I read your posting:
"Stop questioning me because I said I won't respond amicably to any of your questions! And stop scumreading me as well! Here are a ton of clues which tell you why I'm acting this way, but I also think you're scummy, and don't question me about that either. Anyone who questions me is stupid."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:22 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 311, popsofctown wrote:
In post 304, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 301, popsofctown wrote:
In post 298, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 296, popsofctown wrote:Hm I think I would not townread yshtola if I really thought she was a main

If hecticgenie grants my wish that she is a main against literally all indications and reason she would not be townread she would be HYPERTOWNREAD HER
(but more seriously my townread of her is based on my idea of how an alt would approach this game)
What is your idea of how an alt would approach this game?
be more cautious and slow on the trigger and exploit meta to get generally accurate reads because all of you are almost as bad as smurfs ALL OF YOU
but also your weird nai initial post becomes a seasoned cynicism worthy of its own threadvisit rather than a genuine visit to the thread and attempt to contribute with a joke and a read drafted and the read backspaced out because it might be scummy (the word joke used lightly here it was more like a poetry/irony thing? idk)
I think it's polite to introduce yourself to a group of people that don't know you when you first meet them. Is this wrong?
It's kind of about the way you tied you account gimmick to the fact you were beginning a mafia game
It my hinge somewhat on my apprehension or misapprehension of yshtola though.
Because I haven't played her source FF game, I only have seen her card in Puzzles and Dragons, and it has no attack stats but lots of abilities which makes me think it's probably scholarly.
But like if that's inaccurate it could change things the Liliana card in PAD has a low healing stat and that's definitely wrong they just usually get it right
Why must my every mafia game include the totality of my life experiences
Do you believe that I'm lying about myself?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 342, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 311, popsofctown wrote:
In post 304, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 301, popsofctown wrote:
In post 298, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 296, popsofctown wrote:Hm I think I would not townread yshtola if I really thought she was a main

If hecticgenie grants my wish that she is a main against literally all indications and reason she would not be townread she would be HYPERTOWNREAD HER
(but more seriously my townread of her is based on my idea of how an alt would approach this game)
What is your idea of how an alt would approach this game?
be more cautious and slow on the trigger and exploit meta to get generally accurate reads because all of you are almost as bad as smurfs ALL OF YOU
but also your weird nai initial post becomes a seasoned cynicism worthy of its own threadvisit rather than a genuine visit to the thread and attempt to contribute with a joke and a read drafted and the read backspaced out because it might be scummy (the word joke used lightly here it was more like a poetry/irony thing? idk)
I think it's polite to introduce yourself to a group of people that don't know you when you first meet them. Is this wrong?
It's kind of about the way you tied you account gimmick to the fact you were beginning a mafia game
It my hinge somewhat on my apprehension or misapprehension of yshtola though.
Because I haven't played her source FF game, I only have seen her card in Puzzles and Dragons, and it has no attack stats but lots of abilities which makes me think it's probably scholarly.
But like if that's inaccurate it could change things the Liliana card in PAD has a low healing stat and that's definitely wrong they just usually get it right
Why must my every mafia game include the totality of my life experiences
Do you believe that I'm lying about myself?
I am not aware of any post where you have claimed whether to be a main or an alt.
Claiming to be yshtola isn't necessarily claiming to be a main, I claim that I am Scholarship Student Isis but that's not what my account name says.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 340, Alduskkel wrote:If you don't care about Auro's stance on you or me, then why keep replying to him?
Because that has a worse reaction than responding to him does. At least in the past, ignoring players that questioned everything I did lead only to those players throwing a fits in the thread about how they're ignored, and the same (if not worse) negative response resulted to the point where anything I might have been doing before was ruined by the egos of players who'd rather ask a question when they don't know something than just watch and see if anything worthwhile happens. At least if I respond to him and repeat the same thing over and over again, he remains at least somewhat appeased and there is hope that eventually he'll shut up and allow himself to read the thread and ask the questions: "What purpose does me asking a question here serve? Could allowing this to play out result in a better game state for town through one way or another? What do I lose by allowing this person to do what they're doing? What do I gain by immediately interrupting everything and calling attention to my own lack of understanding?" At this point there is hope that the game might continue in a way that is more beneficial than the other method.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think the Alduskel vs. Miss Lynch interaction has an SvT look and I hope soberpops can sort which side when she is done chastising drunkpops's staying up late
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by Auro »

@people who played with Miss Lynch before, is she usually like this as town?
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 341, Auro wrote:
In post 319, Miss Lane wrote:I would like to see a defense of any purpose you can assign to your line of questioning other than the conclusion I have reached, Auro. Unless your argument is that it is all pointless, and you ask for the sake of asking. Then I'd just like you to acknowledge that and we'll both be on our ways.
How I read your posting:
"Stop questioning me because I said I won't respond amicably to any of your questions! And stop scumreading me as well! Here are a ton of clues which tell you why I'm acting this way, but I also think you're scummy, and don't question me about that either. Anyone who questions me is stupid."
If you read my posts that way, feel free to continue to do so, but this isn't a response, it's a defensive attempt to spit back at me because I called you out for playing without thinking.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 318, Miss Lane wrote:Multiple times throughout the game I have pointed you in the direction you can look if you'd like to find the reasoning for my vote. Several times I've made it blatantly clear I have no intention of explaining it right now. I think you'd have a very hard time making an argument for my immediate lynch due to voting without an immediate explanation. I think your current train of questioning leads absolutely nowhere and you know it. If the statement before this one isn't true, please tell me where you do expect for it to lead. If you still are completely incapable of finding the long list of clues I've left you as to how you can find part of why I voted the way I voted, you will have to wait for the others. As it is, you have likely already ruined anything I trying to almost in its entirety. If, up until this point, I've been completely wrong about you and you fail to have the depth of understanding of mafia I had come to expect from you, I guess I will have learned the hard way.
What are you hoping to gain from this? It's not likely to get you anything and will cause more damage to what you're trying to do than just leaving it alone.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

@Auro: I think Miss Lynch was conceived to play D&D mafia and the sig seems to imply she rolled scum that game
"Well, I..."