Open 773: Masons and Mafia: RVS Awards (GAME OVER)

Forum rules
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 345, popsofctown wrote:I think the Alduskel vs. Miss Lynch interaction has an SvT look and I hope soberpops can sort which side when she is done chastising drunkpops's staying up late
nah we're both masons, this is an elaborate distancing tactic

pedit: D&D mafia?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 343, popsofctown wrote:I am not aware of any post where you have claimed whether to be a main or an alt.
Claiming to be yshtola isn't necessarily claiming to be a main, I claim that I am Scholarship Student Isis but that's not what my account name says.
But the difference is that Y'shtola Rhul is what my account says, minus the apostraphe since the site doesn't support them in usernames.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

but like Scholarship Student Isis didn't exist when I joined mafiascum but I lover her now :/
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 346, Auro wrote:@people who played with Miss Lynch before, is she usually like this as town?
It would surprise me if you hadn't already looked at my account and seen that I've played in a total of one other game before. Considering you seemed to like stats, I think both of us know that 1 game isn't a large enough sample size, even if you could achieve both scum and town play in one game, but conveniently I was an SK in that game. This question, therefore, serves absolutely no purpose.

Respectfully request you back off and stop questioning everything I do just because you can and this whole debacle will end.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 350, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 345, popsofctown wrote:I think the Alduskel vs. Miss Lynch interaction has an SvT look and I hope soberpops can sort which side when she is done chastising drunkpops's staying up late

chkflip ran some 40p theme game with a cult themed on D&D. the game title wasn't D&D i can't remember what it was.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 348, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 318, Miss Lane wrote:Multiple times throughout the game I have pointed you in the direction you can look if you'd like to find the reasoning for my vote. Several times I've made it blatantly clear I have no intention of explaining it right now. I think you'd have a very hard time making an argument for my immediate lynch due to voting without an immediate explanation. I think your current train of questioning leads absolutely nowhere and you know it. If the statement before this one isn't true, please tell me where you do expect for it to lead. If you still are completely incapable of finding the long list of clues I've left you as to how you can find part of why I voted the way I voted, you will have to wait for the others. As it is, you have likely already ruined anything I trying to almost in its entirety. If, up until this point, I've been completely wrong about you and you fail to have the depth of understanding of mafia I had come to expect from you, I guess I will have learned the hard way.
What are you hoping to gain from this? It's not likely to get you anything and will cause more damage to what you're trying to do than just leaving it alone.
I've tried leaving it alone before. Multiple times. It always ends about as poorly as this, likely worse, depending on how far he pushes this.
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Miss Lynch why did you decide to play multiple games on the same alt instead of making a new one?
"Well, I..."
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:32 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 354, popsofctown wrote:
In post 350, Alduskkel wrote:

chkflip ran some 40p theme game with a cult themed on D&D. the game title wasn't D&D i can't remember what it was.
Mainstream Mafia II: D&D Edition

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81273

I was a backup SK.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:32 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 352, popsofctown wrote:but like Scholarship Student Isis didn't exist when I joined mafiascum but I lover her now :/
I'm confused on what you mean by this.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 356, popsofctown wrote:Miss Lynch why did you decide to play multiple games on the same alt instead of making a new one?
Because I like this alt and it's more obscure than my other alts. Also because I don't really hide who I am. The only purpose to playing under alts is to avoid people who would try and meta me without putting any effort into it. If you know who I am, you're either capable of meta-ing me, or you've paid enough attention to my previous game to know who I am. Either way, it's an easy way to refute players who would assign a read to me off of some half-assed skimming. Basically it's an antidote to the type of mafia that really bugs me.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 358, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 352, popsofctown wrote:but like Scholarship Student Isis didn't exist when I joined mafiascum but I lover her now :/
If this is your first account, you joined in 2020, and yshtola was a character that existed that you could theme your account around, and both your username and avatar reflect that.

I joined in 2008, and my avatar, Scholarship Student Isis, was conceived in ~2015-16, so I couldn't possibly have picked her as a name, but I can now set her as an avatar, that is what my avatar is <-
"Well, I..."
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:36 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Miss Lynch wrote:I'm too impulsive, rash, and I have a bit of a temper, even though I think the way that I play is generally pretty close to optimal.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:37 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 361, Alduskkel wrote:
Miss Lynch wrote:I'm too impulsive, rash, and I have a bit of a temper, even though I think the way that I play is generally pretty close to optimal.
Exactly.

And I have difficulty not responding to things, and when it's proven to be just as bad for me to not respond as it is for me to respond, I'll take responding each and every day.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Miss Lynch stop straying out of Ankrange when what I really need is for Yshtola to get out of Ankrange

aside from like not knowing how much Ank would be willing to mess with my mind about lying about her alts
"Well, I..."
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:39 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Miss Lynch, I think you should realize that you're increasing the toxicity of this game, and taking a step back might help.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:39 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 363, popsofctown wrote:Miss Lynch stop straying out of Ankrange when what I really need is for Yshtola to get out of Ankrange

aside from like not knowing how much Ank would be willing to mess with my mind about lying about her alts
Did you think I was Ank?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I never thought you were Ank, sry don't be butthurt Cephrir/maybenotCephrir
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 360, popsofctown wrote:
If this is your first account, you joined in 2020, and yshtola was a character that existed that you could theme your account around, and both your username and avatar reflect that.

I joined in 2008, and my avatar, Scholarship Student Isis, was conceived in ~2015-16, so I couldn't possibly have picked her as a name, but I can now set her as an avatar, that is what my avatar is <-
I'm confused what this has to do with your prior questioning.

Do you believe that I am not Y'shtola Rhul because I named myself Y'shtola Rhul?
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:45 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 364, Alduskkel wrote:Miss Lynch, I think you should realize that you're increasing the toxicity of this game, and taking a step back might help.
It takes two to get tangled. I've both of you multiple times to stop doing what you're doing, and I have yet to get a straight answer that defends your actions. I resent the implication that the fact that this continues to rise is solely my fault, especially due to the fact that most of the response from Auro has been defensive venom and your responses have been deflective at best.

From my cultural understanding of people, the vital point at taking a stand is right now. If I admit fault and back down, I allow room for more nonsensical questioning of my play in the future, whereas if I continue my course of action and allow other players to understand the level to which I will make it difficult for them to do things that are anti-town like make the moves that have been made against me, I believe I can expect the rest of this game to go increasingly smoothly. Understand that I have no intention in rising in toxicity, nor am I in any sort of uncontrollable rage. I expect you to follow Auro's suit and stop posting for a bit, and I don't particularly intend to post much more at the moment either. I also very much expect both of you to return to the thread, realize that the arguments you were defending were a bit silly and you aren't as completely attached to them at said future point in time as you are right now, and the game can continue without further unnecessary provocation, as I very much expect both of you to ask more ... pointed? questions in the future.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:46 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 366, popsofctown wrote:I never thought you were Ank, sry don't be butthurt Cephrir/maybenotCephrir
Oh ok. Thanks.

Have a good night, by the way.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:49 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

Also this is a reminder that this is just a game and I don't think either of the people I'm arguing with are stupid. I think they've both made mistakes and are trying to justify the mistakes rather than simply letting them go. I like (at least what I've seen of) both Auro and Asphodel, I just disagree with the way they responded to certain things in the game and may or may not think some of them may or may not be scum.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:49 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

Ok. That is all. Good night, all.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 367, Yshtola Rhul wrote:

Do you believe that I am not Y'shtola Rhul because I named myself Y'shtola Rhul?
Uh
I'm not sure whether this is the first mafiascum account of the human behind the keyboard
If this is your first mafiascum account you are Y'Shtola Rhul.
If you are Ankamius who has also made an extra mafiascum account and named it Y'shtola Rhul, you would still sure be Y'shtola Rhul, you would just also be the same human as Ank.
I don't think you are potentially a viera at a keyboard the way I might have back when I believed Santa might bring me a "real live Yoshi", but that is unambiguously a defect of character on my part and an inferiority compared to what I once was.
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:58 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 372, popsofctown wrote:
In post 367, Yshtola Rhul wrote:

Uh
I'm not sure whether this is the first mafiascum account of the human behind the keyboard
If this is your first mafiascum account you are Y'Shtola Rhul.
If you are Ankamius who has also made an extra mafiascum account and named it Y'shtola Rhul, you would still sure be Y'shtola Rhul, you would just also be the same human as Ank.
I don't think you are potentially a viera at a keyboard the way I might have back when I believed Santa might bring me a "real live Yoshi", but that is unambiguously a defect of character on my part and an inferiority compared to what I once was.
Ah, there's the misunderstanding.

I am, in fact, not a Viera. I am a Mi'qote, specifically a Seeker of the Sun. I apologize for not realizing the mixup before, but hopefully this clears up the misunderstanding.

If you would prefer to talk to a Viera, I can see if Lyna is willing to speak to you? She's rather busy, so I wouldn't set the bar too highly for your expectations.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:08 am

Post by Auro »

In post 368, Miss Lane wrote:Auro has been defensive venom
:O

{Lot of (scummy?) words with little substance} is still where I'm at regarding her, I'm finding it difficult to search for meaning in her posts and think she's a fine lynch.