Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 618, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 581, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 572, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 569, JacksonVirgo wrote:72 had clidd as confirmed scum in his mind and GW as a side and when I called that out, he pushed me and clidd to the side and full scum-read GW.

Because they think that if GW gets lynched they'd be town-read for 'being right' where if they're lynched they think GW will be cleared because 'scum was scum-reading me I am clean'

This game is essentially solved once 72 gets lynched regardless of their flip, even though they're going to flip scum.
Ok. So when i flip green, who is scum. From your POV JV?
You won't, and you seem to miss that two SE's seem to have come to the same logic meaning if one is scum, both is. And since I am not scum, then the result would be GW/Ceejay which won't even be a thing because you're scum.
This is the post that I think is prepared ahead of time.

It feels like it was made so that JV would have someone to push today.

If you picture it, clidd is like a wave, and JV is riding that wave. JV kind of used clidd to push that hang on 72.
I would like for JV to address GWu's accusation of making this post ahead of time, planning to use it when the innocent flipped town. Also, about the same topic, I'd like to understand the reasoning behind JV's post in the quote chain, because I think I don't understand it very well.

Most of what happened during day 2 feels blurry to me, even when I reread it.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:12 am

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 723, Maduisha wrote:So, I have already exposed why I suspect JV the most. I was waiting to see if they'd post more reasons why GWu is mafia, but that didn't happen...

I decided to look at all of GWu's posts, and I found a good amount of posts in which he quoted someone and said "I agree", so maybe Ceejay wasn't lying completely, after all.
True but what's wrong with agreeing
Like if someone makes a good post why would I disagree with it?
Also usually I try to provide a reason for why I agree with a particular post.
Agreeing isn't a waste of time by the way, since it actually helps progress the game.

While ceejay might not be lying about me agreeing with people, him using that to push me was bad, because there is nothing wrong with agreeing with people. If nobody in the game agreed on anything, lynches would be impossible.
Maduisha
Maduisha
Goon
Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 78, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 74, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:@72
I disagree. I haven't played with OS so I can't say anything about his playstyle or how he types, but it didn't feel like there was any malicious intent in saying that he played with you before. Rather, it's strange that you're somewhat aggressively putting the spotlight on him. I like your desire to get the game moving, but this might be a dead end.
Yeah I agree with this post.
In post 469, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 264, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:So just some quick thoughts from me, while I have the time in between midterms. Sorry, I won't be able to format well because this is off my phone.

Maduisha:
Phi was giving off scum vibes to me, mainly because he ignored people calling him out for his overall strange behavior to the game. With that said, Madu hammered WAY too early on Phi, AND her reasoning as to hammering him is just complete garbage. Being bored with the game does not justify hammering someone that hasn't had a chance to respond at L-1. She took the opportunity to move on to the next day and ran with it. Bad hammers are a thing, but this was an ABSOLUTE SCUM PLAY in my eyes. VOTE: Maduisha
I agree with this.
In post 265, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:OS:
It was obvious to me that he was town. I am sure many people didn't like his entry to the game; however, as pointed out by Clidd, it was consistent with his other games. Him being open on playing his alt is also indicative of having nothing to hide. If he was scum, hiding his alt may have subconsciously played into his behavior. I don't see how people thought he was LOCK-scum at all.
Yeah OS was pretty towny.
Although if I remember correctly, he claimed being an alt on his other account that he played a different game with, so the fact that he was an alt was already out there before this game started.
I was mostly talking about these in which you just say "I agree" and move over to something else... it's not like agreeing with people is bad, but understand that it's also looking a bit like fluff.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:38 am

Post by GeneralWu »

I mean sometimes I feel like there's really nothing to explain so I just post "I agree'. Like, if I explain I'll end up posting the exact same thing as the post I quoted.

For those posts where I "agreed and moved over to something else", I had two posts quoted, so the first line was responding to the first quote, and the second line was responding to the second quote.

It's not fluff since it doesn't detract from the game.
Plus it's not like the only thing I've done was pop in once in a while to say "I agree".
Maduisha
Maduisha
Goon
Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Maduisha »

As we all know, Ceejay doesn't have many posts in the thread... so I decided to check his too to see if there's any kind of weird interaction...
In post 66, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 65, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 64, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 62, ceejayvinoya wrote:Obvscum might also be town
reasons?
I also think obvscum is towny but I'd like to hear your reasons first
Sure

His overall pleasant "trying to get the game going" vibes
yeah I think so too
His tone is towny and he seems to try and get stuff moving
There's this exchange with you during RVS which is what I think ticked 72 off, which I don't know what to think about, since early game feels so weird to me...
In post 258, ceejayvinoya wrote:@genwu nothing to say about offsuit?
And this one post in which he addresses you directly, which I don't know if it's just him trying to look town by asking people around for their opinion on 72 during the second day, but note that he only did this with you. So, I'm a bit hesitant, because it could also be some attempt at mafia theatre, by trying to build up some "suspicion" posts to bus you later if needed (if you were his partner). While I don't think the mafia was at a disadvantageous state at the start of day 3 at all, he might have thought sacrificing you was needed because other people were claiming SR on you, and he didn't want to stand out by protecting you. So, that would explain that attempt to get you lynched...
Maduisha
Maduisha
Goon
Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Maduisha »

Honestly, I was so sure it was JV the previous day, but now my head is spinning because I suck at reading people more than I remembered. If only Maple was here instead of me...
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:49 am

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 724, Maduisha wrote:
In post 483, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 479, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 473, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 267, JacksonVirgo wrote:Mason dying is unfortunate but at least confirms the setup
not quite, the setup could either have 2 mafia goons or a mafia goon and a mafia roleblocker.
although the roleblocker's power would do nothing if there is one in the game.
Roleblocker is essentially a Goon in this setup
yeah cuz there's two masons who have no night actions and so the roleblocker doesn't have anyone to block.
Both GWu posts here feel a bit like redundancy and fluff, but maybe I'm looking for any stupid detail now.
True, occasionally I did say a few things that weren't really that important.
But I have a habit of posting comments towards things in the game.
Moreover I just wanted to point out something interesting in the game. I never intended to let fluff posts take over the thread, and my fluff posts never
did
take over the thread. I just made one comment and never mentioned it again for the rest of the game, which is not the same as spamming the entire thread with useless posts that waste everybody's time.

Also, I've only made like a couple of posts like the ones you mentioned throughout the course of the entire game. I wasn't wasting everybody's time with fluff posts. Like, the vast majority of my posts are ones that actually help progress the game.

Plus I'm sure everybody occasionally posts fluff, and as long as they don't make a big deal out of it, it doesn't hinder the game.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:26 am

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 729, Maduisha wrote:As we all know, Ceejay doesn't have many posts in the thread... so I decided to check his too to see if there's any kind of weird interaction...
reasons?
Sure

yeah I think so too
There's this exchange with you during RVS which is what I think ticked 72 off, which I don't know what to think about, since early game feels so weird to me...
And this one post in which he addresses you directly, which I don't know if it's just him trying to look town by asking people around for their opinion on 72 during the second day, but note that he only did this with you. So, I'm a bit hesitant, because it could also be some attempt at mafia theatre, by trying to build up some "suspicion" posts to bus you later if needed (if you were his partner). While I don't think the mafia was at a disadvantageous state at the start of day 3 at all, he might have thought sacrificing you was needed because other people were claiming SR on you, and he didn't want to stand out by protecting you. So, that would explain that attempt to get you lynched...
I don't really know why 72 just kept on tunneling me for the majority of the time he was in the game.

Also don't you think that the "buildup of suspicion" ceejay did was pretty similar to what JV did?
So like ceejay makes these posts so he could prepare to push me later in the game.
JV makes his post from the end of day 2 so he can get the opportunity to push me the next day.
Maduisha
Maduisha
Goon
Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Maduisha »

I mean, yes. Everyone has fluff post of some degree. I was commenting on them more on the vein of mafia potentially using them to keep a healthy post rate that makes them look not-lurking, though. I don't think anyone can drive the whole conversation into off-topic, anyway...
In post 63, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 61, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 60, ceejayvinoya wrote:Genwu is town but not for avatar related reasons
why do you think i'm town
I like your answers on how avatars and alternate accounts are not necessarily alignment indicative and are not very helpful ways to proceed
I wanted to quote this interaction before too, but somehow deleted it from my post. He went ahead to TR two people and one of them was you. I think I'm walking in circles looking at every small thing, so I think I will proceed to make a summary post of what scummy/townie stuff I see in both of you, even if just to organize my thoughts a bit better by having them typed out in a single message, and then make my final
mistake
choice.
Maduisha
Maduisha
Goon
Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 732, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 729, Maduisha wrote:As we all know, Ceejay doesn't have many posts in the thread... so I decided to check his too to see if there's any kind of weird interaction...
reasons?
Sure

yeah I think so too
I don't really know why 72 just kept on tunneling me for the majority of the time he was in the game.

Also don't you think that the "buildup of suspicion" ceejay did was pretty similar to what JV did?
So like ceejay makes these posts so he could prepare to push me later in the game.
JV makes his post from the end of day 2 so he can get the opportunity to push me the next day.
Yes, I do think it can be similar, so I'd like for them to explain the meaning of that one post to me, because I'm too small brained to follow the logic completely. Or it may be poor reading comprehension, which happens to me quite a lot.
Maduisha
Maduisha
Goon
Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Maduisha »

As I see it...

Positive/things that I think are
townie
from GW:

- Relatively high post rate.

- Did not participate in any mislynch (or any lynching at all, I actually don't know how to read this, but I'll put it in here).

- Focused me (with reasons) when people were concentrating on 72, and didn't give in to JV's attempts to manipulate his vote during that day. I consider this a townie thing because it indicates authenticity of thought, but it could also just be agreement with Ceejay to go in different directions for safety reasons.

Negative/things that I believe to be
scummy
:

- Early interaction with Ceejay feels weird. The question "why do you think I'm townie" makes me think there's some intent to establish self as townie quickly if his other read was correct too.

- Some fluff posts here and there that I kind of feel are thought to pad the conversation and feel like he's still there (like the two talking about the mafia roles in the layout, the agreement posts...), although he does have more substancial posts as well.

- A couple of posts in the vein of "I was going to do x, but I'm busy now/I'll do x tomorrow" that were not fulfilled. Everyone has a life an I can't expect them to prioritize this over real world stuff, but it also sort of feels like fluff posts... (I'll quote those if necessary, I'm just lazy to do so now).

- I kind of feel like Ceejay wanted to bus his partner because he had no other choice because of multiple people claiming SR on GWu, as I said before.

Positive/things that I think are
townie
from JV:

- High post rate, although some are one liners, but I understand why someone might have high cadence of short messages as they find a line of reasoning.

- Tried to be part of scumhunting, was not afraid to use vote to pressure people to talk, and then unvote.

- Tried to bait responses of L-1 people by fake hammering... I'm not a fan of this, but apparently people think it's useful, and I'm a newbie, so I'll put it here.

Negative/things that I believe to be
scummy
:

- Participated in all lynchings. First one was my fault, so I will concede that they might have not meant it then, but the rest still stand.

- Overall participation during day 2 feels like sheeping Clidd in retrospective, and I can't forget about how they tried to bait GWu to place a vote without laying out his thoughts.

- Extremely weird behavior during day 3, as explained in previous pages. Forgot the vote situation even when it was the only thing talked about during the day
and
suggested to vote GWu when Ceejay had just placed his vote on me.

- Seems to have given up posting much since the mislynch of 72. Not sure if it's because they can't sheep Clidd anymore, or because they're genuinely bored of the game due to the remaining players alive being boring (I am sorry).
Maduisha
Maduisha
Goon
Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Maduisha »

That is all. I do not have a conclusion yet, and I want to wait for JV to come and post about the thing I asked about before, but if anyone wants to pick on any of the points here, please, do so.

I can already smell doing the stupid reckless voting again, but I want to try my best to do the reasonable thing for once.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:05 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I'm at work and will probably be a few hours, I'll try my best to do what you asked but my wim here is generally dead.

Sorry if that costs us the game
Tactical Lurker
Maduisha
Maduisha
Goon
Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Maduisha »

I'm miss impatience 2020, and I couldn't wait any longer.
Reckless gut voting is how this game started, and it will end with reckless gut voting.

VOTE: GeneralWu

I want to thank everyone for playing and putting up with the weird things I did early on. It was an experience I haven't had in years, so I think I have much to learn. I would apologize for causing a ruckus with the lulhammer, but that was, honestly, my favorite part.
Maduisha
Maduisha
Goon
Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Maduisha »

Lol, JV posting at the same time as me. Well, I have made up my mind already
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:11 am

Post by GeneralWu »

wait aren't towny and townie different
towny=seems like someone is aligned with the town
townie=the role Vanilla Townie

Anyways:
- Early interaction with Ceejay feels weird. The question "why do you think I'm townie" makes me think there's some intent to establish self as townie quickly if his other read was correct too.
I ask this question almost every time someone says "I think [player] is towny" or "I think [player] is scummy".
If someone doesn't provide a reason for why someone is towny (even if that player is myself), I still want to know why.
Because it's really a bad idea to just go around saying people are towny without giving reasons.

Also, finding out why people think I'm towny is a good idea, because I get to see that person's train of thought.
- Some fluff posts here and there that I kind of feel are thought to pad the conversation and feel like he's still there (like the two talking about the mafia roles in the layout, the agreement posts...), although he does have more substancial posts as well.
I'm not trying to pad the conversation.
If you look at the posts about the mafia roles, they were not made at a time when I was saying nothing else.
I made many other posts at around the same time I made those posts, and those other posts were not fluff.
So it's not like I came in just to say a couple things about the mafia roles and leave. I just added those two posts in when I was posting about other stuff.

Also agreeing isn't fluff if you're not solely agreeing with people. Basically, you're not showing up once in a while to quote some random post and agree with it.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:12 am

Post by GeneralWu »

FUCK I GOT SNIPED
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:15 am

Post by GeneralWu »

I'm so upset right now :(
I'm as angry as the angry german kid >:(
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:17 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

YES
Tactical Lurker
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:17 am

Post by GeneralWu »

noooooooooooooooooo whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:17 am

Post by GeneralWu »

this is not fair i request a rerand
Maduisha
Maduisha
Goon
Maduisha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Maduisha »

Lol no F bombs please.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:19 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Anyway gg. Sorry for my lack of wim late game but hey at least Mad made the right call. Honestly town!me in that position woulda chose wrong

Unless Mad was scum uwu
Tactical Lurker
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:19 am

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 23, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 15, 72offsuit wrote:I see we have a few newly-registered players in this game.

What is everyone's prior experience in playing mafia (forum mafia or otherwise)?
Do you prefer playing as town or scum?

This is my 3rd game of forum mafia. I have also previously played browser-based mafia (epicmafia) and enjoy hidden identity board games
I prefer to play as town. I enjoy solving/deducing who is who in the zoo. I find being mafia can be stressful.
I've played like 12 games on mafiauniverse and artofproblemsolving.com and I have a
100% win rate as mafia
:O
DAMN IT I LOST MY STREAK :evil: :evil: :evil:
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:20 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 748, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 23, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 15, 72offsuit wrote:I see we have a few newly-registered players in this game.

What is everyone's prior experience in playing mafia (forum mafia or otherwise)?
Do you prefer playing as town or scum?

This is my 3rd game of forum mafia. I have also previously played browser-based mafia (epicmafia) and enjoy hidden identity board games
I prefer to play as town. I enjoy solving/deducing who is who in the zoo. I find being mafia can be stressful.
I've played like 12 games on mafiauniverse and artofproblemsolving.com and I have a
100% win rate as mafia
:O
DAMN IT I LOST MY STREAK :evil: :evil: :evil:
Oof
Tactical Lurker