Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Luca Blight »

@
Tom:
I can understand your PoV a bit better now. Ngl, I was impressed by your play in that other game and have been disappointed by what I’ve seen from you so far. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt for now that you’re still working your way into the game.

UNVOTE:

I don’t think Paragon is a good lynch for today, so maybe you can try and work with me on someone else? How are you feeling about the Rob/Math slot?
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 761, eyestott wrote:
In post 708, Aloratom wrote:
In post 672, eyestott wrote:
In post 636, Luca Blight wrote:What do you think of Tom?
I find that I develop much stronger reads on people when I've interacted with them, so can I answer this question after I talk with Tom?
I feel like I'm at the grocery every time I scroll down to your avatar. I haven't ISOed you yet. Who is in your lynch pool?
To be honest, I'm not sure anymore. My scumreads on Fuzzy, Pops and Paragon have all weakened.

You know, I think I'm the only person in the game now that hasn't been the subject of a serious scumread and associating case against them.
I mean that no one has yet been like "Heres why eyestott is scum: yada yada yada"
It's good in that I can focus on reading people without also having to watch my back, but am I missing out on an integral part of the Mafia experience?

Anyways, hopefully I'll have a bit more clarity with my reads by the end of the night. Let's go!
It helps when you're able to let your reads develop organically and not have them forced upon you I think. By your join date, I see that you've been around this a lot longer than I have, so I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know, but I've found it varies from game to game. And it's evolved for me since I started playing at the end of last year as well. I've found that it's usually not good for me to be forced to make reads because a lot of times those turn out to be mistakes. I prefer to take things in at my own pace. For me this makes for stronger, more correct reads.

I may agree with you on Paragon I think, although I need to go through an ISO there. But his Conspire deception is going to be a big factor in my analysis. That pretty much wiped out my first two or three days of reads before I became aware of what was happening and combined with the crazy way the posting has been in this game, my interest has waned significantly. I have a Town lean on Pops, and Fuzzy a scum lean still. I just need to go back and re-read/catch-up.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 772, Aloratom wrote:I think I addressed this. You can call it disingenuous and/or shade on my part, but leading others to believe that there's another player in the game by conversing with that imaginary player is fraud. That cannot be dismissed with a hand wave, "Yeah, but look at the good they're doing over here..."
Why is it scum-indicative? That's the important thing you need to focus on. Sure, you can find it disrespectful/improper, but why is it more likely to come from scum rather than town in this case?
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 776, Luca Blight wrote:@
Tom:
I can understand your PoV a bit better now. Ngl, I was impressed by your play in that other game and have been disappointed by what I’ve seen from you so far. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt for now that you’re still working your way into the game.

UNVOTE:

I don’t think Paragon is a good lynch for today, so maybe you can try and work with me on someone else? How are you feeling about the Rob/Math slot?
I'll take a look at that slot -- for some reason I thought Ame repped in for Robb, but looking back I see she repped in for Atarashi. I also need to take a look at yours; I didn't like Rabid Schnauzer's entrance too much, but he was gone fairly quickly so I'm guessing there isn't much there. But, yes, I'll look at NDMath/Robb first.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Ame »

Aloratom stuff you personally consider to be anti-town does not equate to being scum-indicative. For example, Robb gets in a death tunnel on a slot for personal reasons every game and it's extremely anti-town, but it's not indicative of him being scum. To scum read him for that is what I would consider a superficial read because it's failing to look beyond behavior and read into motivation. In a similar vein, your read on Paragon is superficial as you've only been describing why his behavior is anti-town and not how it indicates a scum mentality. At least a couple of us have explained that this behavior is normal for Paragon. It's entirely NAI.

As Luca said, your case is that Para isn't interested in scum hunting, but this is cherry picking. Yeah if you only take those two examples (conspire and his restriction) you could paint it as so, but that's ignoring the vast majority of his play where he clearly is displaying a solve mentality, including his play
before
he started the restriction.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Ame »

In post 772, Aloratom wrote:I lost my grip on this game pretty early on due to people talking about things that I don't understand, referring to what I presume are games or comics or anime or something -- and using jargon and acronyms I'm not familiar with.
I find this sort of lazy mindset frustrating. What jargon have you not understood? It doesn't take much to ask about it and such terms and Ysha's role-play have been such a minuscule part of the game I find it absurd that it's preventing you from playing properly. I wasn't aware of what Yshas role play was a reference to either, but it didn't matter in the slightest. There's nothing about it aside from her that has been confusing. I find you blaming your laziness when it comes to interpretation on everyone else absurd.

BTW @Yasha
In post 666, Yshtola Rhul wrote:We have identified the existence of one such creature in this very room
Who are you referring to here? You unvoted pops but didn't place your vote elsewhere.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Ame »

In post 763, eyestott wrote:@everyone: Let's say that you lose all your memories of what has thus far transpired in this game and all your reads. However, you get to keep one of your reads that you currently have (be it a town read or a scum read), and the reasoning behind it.
Which one would you choose to keep your memory of?
Para. He's an asset as town and a significant threat as scum. It's best to sort him early.
In post 761, eyestott wrote:You know, I think I'm the only person in the game now that hasn't been the subject of a serious scumread and associating case against them.
I mean that no one has yet been like "Heres why eyestott is scum: yada yada yada"
It's good in that I can focus on reading people without also having to watch my back, but am I missing out on an integral part of the Mafia experience?
I'm still unsure about you. You've been pretty open but there's a paranoia coming from somewhere that I haven't identified yet. I plan on doing a thorough review of you today.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 780, Ame wrote:Aloratom stuff you personally consider to be anti-town does not equate to being scum-indicative. For example, Robb gets in a death tunnel on a slot for personal reasons every game and it's extremely anti-town, but it's not indicative of him being scum. To scum read him for that is what I would consider a superficial read because it's failing to look beyond behavior and read into motivation. In a similar vein, your read on Paragon is superficial as you've only been describing why his behavior is anti-town and not how it indicates a scum mentality. At least a couple of us have explained that this behavior is normal for Paragon. It's entirely NAI.

As Luca said, your case is that Para isn't interested in scum hunting, but this is cherry picking. Yeah if you only take those two examples (conspire and his restriction) you could paint it as so, but that's ignoring the vast majority of his play where he clearly is displaying a solve mentality, including his play
before
I think if you go back and read my response to Luca more carefully and then my response to eyestott, you will see that my take on Paragon is not set in stone.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 780, Ame wrote:Aloratom stuff you personally consider to be anti-town does not equate to being scum-indicative. For example, Robb gets in a death tunnel on a slot for personal reasons every game and it's extremely anti-town, but it's not indicative of him being scum. To scum read him for that is what I would consider a superficial read because it's failing to look beyond behavior and read into motivation. In a similar vein, your read on Paragon is superficial as you've only been describing why his behavior is anti-town and not how it indicates a scum mentality. At least a couple of us have explained that this behavior is normal for Paragon. It's entirely NAI.

before
I think if you go back and read my response to Luca more carefully and then my response to eyestott, you will see that my take on Paragon is not set in stone.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 781, Ame wrote:
In post 772, Aloratom wrote:I lost my grip on this game pretty early on due to people talking about things that I don't understand, referring to what I presume are games or comics or anime or something -- and using jargon and acronyms I'm not familiar with.
I find this sort of lazy mindset frustrating. What jargon have you not understood? It doesn't take much to ask about it and such terms and Ysha's role-play have been such a minuscule part of the game I find it absurd that it's preventing you from playing properly. I wasn't aware of what Yshas role play was a reference to either, but it didn't matter in the slightest. There's nothing about it aside from her that has been confusing. I find you blaming your laziness when it comes to interpretation on everyone else absurd.

BTW @Yasha
In post 666, Yshtola Rhul wrote:We have identified the existence of one such creature in this very room
Who are you referring to here? You unvoted pops but didn't place your vote elsewhere.
You neglected to quote the subsequent sentence from that quote: "In the normal course, I'd ask for explanations, but it's been overwhelming this game, so I've just let it go for the most part." I'm not concerned that you're frustrated that I'm not playing to your standards. I don't even mind you calling me lazy. You are right that whatever Y'shtola is doing (if it's role playing, I'll take your word for it), is a small part of the game, but it is part of a greater whole. I'm just going to play at my own pace and make the best reads I can.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 778, Paragon wrote:
In post 772, Aloratom wrote:I think I addressed this. You can call it disingenuous and/or shade on my part, but leading others to believe that there's another player in the game by conversing with that imaginary player is fraud. That cannot be dismissed with a hand wave, "Yeah, but look at the good they're doing over here..."
Why is it scum-indicative? That's the important thing you need to focus on. Sure, you can find it disrespectful/improper, but why is it more likely to come from scum rather than town in this case?
It's scummy because it skews reads. This is a zero sum proposition. We have only so many Town players and so many mafia players. Assigning who gets which label is made more difficult if we don't know who the proper players are. I think you know that.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 731, Ame wrote:Ha I wish! I've had so many dreams about identifying scum but they are always wrong. I think it's because dreaming is where all your fears and paranoias surface and so the most tinfoily (and wrong) solves manifest.

However
, I have had one dream come true recently:
In post 390, Ame wrote:On the bright side, I had a lovely dream about everyone changing their avatars to woopers.
https://forum.mafiascum.net/memberlist. ... le&u=15892
https://forum.mafiascum.net/memberlist. ... le&u=24426
https://forum.mafiascum.net/memberlist. ... le&u=28780

In addition to a dream about pops.

I think there are layers (or maybe it's a spectrum) of lucidity. Like some parts of your awareness can activate and not others. For example, I've often become completely aware that I'm dreaming but try to convince my dream characters that it's just a dream. If I were fully aware however, I'd realize how irrational it is trying to convince non-existent beings of their non-existence, but I don't realize my error until I'm awake.
What? Why on God's green earth do you convince poor dream characters that they're dream characters? My signature might already imply what terrible behavior I consider that to be.

As soon as I realized I'm having a lucid dream I begin granting myself superpowers. I presumed everyone did this. Not always flight if another one is more situationally appropriate.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 732, Taly wrote:geee, im definitely caught scum now, how the fuck will i ever recover after

hopes and dreams of ever reaching that don clerone scummy have been dashed, time to go back to the newbie queue and self-vote every game to repent my transgressions
This reads more like scum trying to emulate !town humor than it reads like town humor. It seems kind of off. Like, if I read it with the presumption Taly is scum, it is funny, and if I read it with the presumption Tally is town, it reads unfunny, and I kind of wouldn't expect town!Tally to post something like that? Most jokes are for ourselves to laugh at, after all. At least, with as few laughs as I get from others trying, they had better be.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Taly »

It wasn't meant to be funny.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Ame »

In post 788, popsofctown wrote:At least, with as few laughs as I get from others trying, they had better be.
Saaavage
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Ame »

Alo you're talking around what I'm actually saying but I think you're town anyway. On a personal note, I appreciate your writing style. It's pleasing to read.

btw is it 'Alora Tom' or 'Alor Atom' or 'Al or Atom' or just 'Aloratom' or other?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 789, Taly wrote:It wasn't meant to be funny.
VOTE: Taly
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Ame »

pops do you have a read on me?
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Taly »

In post 763, eyestott wrote:UNVOTE:

I need a reset.
I'm starting my reads from scratch again.
@
everyone
: Let's say that you lose all your memories of what has thus far transpired in this game and all your reads. However, you get to keep one of your reads that you currently have (be it a town read or a scum read), and the reasoning behind it.
Which one would you choose to keep your memory of?
Aloratom
-town, that's the read that helps me keep a grasp on the game at hand.

In a gamestate where 3 confident wagons crumbled for 0 reason,
Alo
asserting his push on
Paragon
and sticking by to what wagons he finds as town is +++ against lack of cohesion and promotes town direction. It doesn't align with a scum-motivated narrative or agenda.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 761, eyestott wrote:
In post 708, Aloratom wrote:
In post 672, eyestott wrote:
In post 636, Luca Blight wrote:What do you think of Tom?
I find that I develop much stronger reads on people when I've interacted with them, so can I answer this question after I talk with Tom?
I feel like I'm at the grocery every time I scroll down to your avatar. I haven't ISOed you yet. Who is in your lynch pool?
To be honest, I'm not sure anymore. My scumreads on Fuzzy, Pops and Paragon have all weakened.

You know, I think I'm the only person in the game now that hasn't been the subject of a serious scumread and associating case against them.

Anyways, hopefully I'll have a bit more clarity with my reads by the end of the night. Let's go!
good grief I want the whatever the opposite of a dayvig is so I can discharge it on this slot

like it hurts wow
"Well, I..."
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Taly »

i want to throw up at the gamelong white-knight
pops/paragon
have launched on
eyestott's
slot.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 793, Ame wrote:pops do you have a read on me?
I am less disheartened about Luca's push and its basis than he is.
Lemme catchup hnnnng
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 796, Taly wrote:i want to throw up at the gamelong white-knight
pops/paragon
have launched on
eyestott's
slot.
"Well, I..."
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Taly »

In post 792, popsofctown wrote:
In post 789, Taly wrote:It wasn't meant to be funny.
popsofctown wrote:
In post 796, Taly wrote:i want to throw up at the gamelong white-knight
pops/paragon
have launched on
eyestott's
slot.
Find 5 more votes and get back to me.