Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:48 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 949, eyestott wrote:Soooo, I have in fact, been ghosted. He hasn’t even read any of my messages for 34 hours, but he’s still online on Grindr, the app we matched on

Oof.
I’ll get to posting when I wake up and have magically gotten over him. Sleep does magical things for me!
Sorry to hear that! You're still awesome though and fun dreams! <3
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Taly »

In post 947, Paragon wrote:
In post 796, Taly wrote:i want to throw up at the gamelong white-knight
pops/paragon
have launched on
eyestott's
slot.
Why are you of this opinion if you agree that eyestott is town?
Because
eyestott
getting pocketed looks like a very real possibility to me, with the highly influenced, unchallenged townreads on him. It's too early to have such a townbloc read over a slot that isn't relatively perfect.

It's happened to me in plenty of games.

If
eyestott's
town, he's either NK bait or a very good late-term slot that perpetuates paranoia, his perception is also slightly skewed.

If
eyesott's
scum, this is a problem for the town to gamesolve upon even scumflips.

Now, the above situation isn't meant to bring up WIFOM, but it shows how showering someone with townreads and a lack of critical thought presents a gamestate and narrative problem for town to solve.
In post 946, Taly wrote:
eyestott
, social experiment, towncase me even if you don't believe I'm town.
Is this a good use of time for someone you townread?
I think it's one of the best uses of time for someone I townread.

The lack of emphasis people are placing on my posts have lowered a lot in the past few pages (not that I've helped), so by seeing how
eyestott
phrases an increasingly less popular townread will be helpful in seeing which slots in the game are forcing a read.

Scum have more reason to position their reads differently based on how players (who the thread has different levels of town confidence in) interact rather than Town who wants the players' stances clarified for them.
Paragon wrote:
In post 943, Taly wrote:
In post 930, popsofctown wrote:I agree a lot with paragon's readslist

He hasn't really impressed me as town though
By burden of proficiency he must be doing too well at reads to be town, something like that.
also wtf if this post?
What alarms you about this post?
1)
She's coming at this with the presumption that her reads are correct, because she's measuring the merit of your reads by her view when she mentions
"you're doing too well at reads"
- only scum know facts about people's alignment, and she projects this notion against you instead of evaluating herself.

2)
Again, she throws up the concept of
"burden of proficiency"
without really elaborating how that applies to the situation, whether she's talking about herself or you. She did the exact same thing to me earlier this game when I called her out on it when I asked her to explain my alignment in relationship to
Wiisp
, but she gave individual reads that didn't commit to her original post

3)
With as much as
Pops
has townread you
Paragon
and spoke about you without pushing you, it's really odd that she's downplaying your posts as they haven't impressed her to be town, and that is a cause to doubt your alignment.

She's not sorting your reads or the conclusions behind them. She's not taking a strong stance around you even when she's interested in your slot.

This is not how Town interacts with their townreads, I sure hope the fuck they don't.

I'm genuinely lost or find a red flag when I try to find motive for
Pops'
posting this game.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 952, Taly wrote:The lack of emphasis people are placing on my posts have lowered a lot in the past few pages (not that I've helped), so by seeing how eyestott phrases an increasingly less popular townread will be helpful in seeing which slots in the game are forcing a read.
I'm not sure if I follow. eyestott towncasing you will bring insight into which slots are forcing a read on who? On you? Are you suggesting scum are going along with the flow of no longer having you as a strong townread, and eyestott towncasing you will force them to refute those points?

Regarding eyestott's alignment: I see where you're coming from regarding potential pocketing. That makes your constant questioning of my read on him make more sense.

Regarding popsofctown: I have thoughts on this but I believe it's best I let popsofctown reply herself before I state my assumptions.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 933, Paragon wrote:

By burden of proficiency he must be doing too well at reads to be town, something like that.
Is the bolded serious or in jest, popsofctown?
In post 935, popsofctown wrote:I'm specifically talking about reads I won't comment on your skillset holistically.

It was jest
Did you see this interaction, Taly?
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Aloratom »

UNVOTE: Paragon

It's obvious this isn't going anywhere today, but I still have a scum read there. I'm starting to really come around to Fuzzy and NDMath. It's difficult for me to do pre-flip associations though, so I'm not saying they're necessarily a team.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

That post was when you were asking me to choose between two characterizations of a previous post, either that I myself feel burdened being a good player or that you're such a good player I would specifically expect you catch scum very very early. I was just saying a, not b. This would be a much more faithful way of trimming context.
In post 198, popsofctown wrote:
In post 193, Taly wrote: Or that I'm SUPPOSED to have caught scum by now? Or was burden of good player a reference to you?
Burden of a good player is a reference to me.

I don't have high expectations on you.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 829, NDMath wrote:
In post 527, Wiisp wrote:
In post 526, Taly wrote:morning
wiisp <3 <3 <3

lmk what you think of this past page
1. Everytime Paragon puts a number at the bottom of his post I want to lynch him more
2. Him saying the lynch pool should be lurkers is terrible
You quoting without saying anything... Does that mean that you endorse this post?
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 955, Aloratom wrote:UNVOTE: Paragon

It's obvious this isn't going anywhere today, but I still have a scum read there. I'm starting to really come around to Fuzzy and NDMath. It's difficult for me to do pre-flip associations though, so I'm not saying they're necessarily a team.
I'll make you see I'm town in time, Tom <3

What caused you to come round to Fuzzylogic99 and NDMath?
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 822, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:VOTE: Pop

There was 1 maybe two post that read town but everything seemed forced. They don't explain why they are voting for a person unless
asked as if they are hoping that they can sneak in a vote. It could be just playstyle but overall I am just getting a scum vibe from them. I kinda want to see where this leads
This seems kind of weak reasoning -- a scum vibe and feeling forced. Is there anything more to it? I'm re-evaluating Pops myself, but I don't know that I've seen anything that appears forced.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

Spoiler:
In post 952, Taly wrote:
In post 796, Taly wrote:i want to throw up at the gamelong white-knight
pops/paragon
have launched on
eyestott's
slot.
Why are you of this opinion if you agree that eyestott is town?
Because
eyestott
getting pocketed looks like a very real possibility to me, with the highly influenced, unchallenged townreads on him. It's too early to have such a townbloc read over a slot that isn't relatively perfect.

It's happened to me in plenty of games.

If
eyestott's
town, he's either NK bait or a very good late-term slot that perpetuates paranoia, his perception is also slightly skewed.

If
eyesott's
scum, this is a problem for the town to gamesolve upon even scumflips.

Now, the above situation isn't meant to bring up WIFOM, but it shows how showering someone with townreads and a lack of critical thought presents a gamestate and narrative problem for town to solve.
In post 946, Taly wrote:
eyestott
, social experiment, towncase me even if you don't believe I'm town.
Is this a good use of time for someone you townread?
I think it's one of the best uses of time for someone I townread.

The lack of emphasis people are placing on my posts have lowered a lot in the past few pages (not that I've helped), so by seeing how
eyestott
phrases an increasingly less popular townread will be helpful in seeing which slots in the game are forcing a read.

Scum have more reason to position their reads differently based on how players (who the thread has different levels of town confidence in) interact rather than Town who wants the players' stances clarified for them.
Paragon wrote:
In post 943, Taly wrote:

also wtf if this post?
What alarms you about this post?
1)
She's coming at this with the presumption that her reads are correct, because she's measuring the merit of your reads by her view when she mentions
"you're doing too well at reads"
- only scum know facts about people's alignment, and she projects this notion against you instead of evaluating herself.

2)
Again, she throws up the concept of
"burden of proficiency"
without really elaborating how that applies to the situation, whether she's talking about herself or you. She did the exact same thing to me earlier this game when I called her out on it when I asked her to explain my alignment in relationship to
Wiisp
, but she gave individual reads that didn't commit to her original post

3)
With as much as
Pops
has townread you
Paragon
and spoke about you without pushing you, it's really odd that she's downplaying your posts as they haven't impressed her to be town, and that is a cause to doubt your alignment.

She's not sorting your reads or the conclusions behind them. She's not taking a strong stance around you even when she's interested in your slot.

This is not how Town interacts with their townreads, I sure hope the fuck they don't.

I'm genuinely lost or find a red flag when I try to find motive for
Pops'
posting this game.

Time to attempt blatantly pander Ame a little bit.
I assume Pargon's readslist can be graded based on its similarity to mine because I think mine is better than the other ones in the thread by default due to Illusory superiority.
When I actually am putting on srs face and solving I have to manually adjust for Illusory superiority to play the game most correctly, otherwise if I do something like vote someone when 2 masons disagree with me that a slot is scummy the Illusory Superiority will make me start to actually gamethrow
However if I am making a joke post for memes my illusory superiority is fangless, and in fact only adds to the humor of the post as I proceed to move onto an illogical conclusion after so recently succumbing to a cognitive bias that has caused me to conclude I'm -extra- competent.
This is definitely how I interact with people I'm aligned with, the attempts at humor are relentless. Moreso like the undead than invincible angels. If I ever manage to roll scum with Paragon, the scum PT will be glorious.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 958, Paragon wrote:
In post 955, Aloratom wrote:UNVOTE: Paragon

I'll make you see I'm town in time, Tom <3

What caused you to come round to Fuzzylogic99 and NDMath?
started my hard look at NDMath. I really didn't like his response in regarding a read change. I've had a scum lean on Fuzzy for awhile. His last post seemed a weak-reasoned vote for as deep as we are into Day 1.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Luca Blight »

My scumread on Pops is ever increasing. There is no direction to her play. No intensity, which stands out given the fact she is the main wagon.

As Town I’d expect her to be rallying Town in a certain direction, but she is just sitting back, posting mainly fluffy, NAI stuff, hedging her bets and waiting for someone else to lead the charge for her, which is what I’d expect from her as scum.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Luca Blight »

She’s really eased off on Fuzzy, why?

As Town I’d expect her to be pushing this scum read to the max when she might be lynched in its place, but it’s as though she doesn’t want to seem opportunistic so, again, she’s generally shading a few different players and waiting for something to happen in her favour.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Luca Blight »

And in the game I played with her where she was mislynched, I actually had the feeling it was going to be a mislynch by how she was acting. Her interests were entirely focused towards game solving up until the last, and I’m not seeing any of that on display here.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

Fuzzy's last foray into the thread was an upward trend, which is unfortunate for my amount of direction in this game.

I am voting the person I think is the best lynch for today but I'm cognizant he's like, probably too charismatic to get lynched today, I almost don't even wanna lynch him.

Paragon promised me in the cult PT he would solve this game for me so if I wait long enough there's that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

If someone could openwolf the way Iconeum was openwolfing that would be fantabulous
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

Do you want to volunteer Luca
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

Luca are you going to lynch me while knowing I'm a townie brownie again that is the cruelty
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think I actually play better when I'm alive in 3-4 games, I have to trim more fat.

And like
The filing cabinet of my brain for this game is like one huge fat shelf where you put the papers in and they fall over but when it's three they're skinnier and you out the papers in and it's too narrow for them to follow over they only have room to lean against one wall fifteen degrees

Y'know?
"Well, I..."
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Explain that upward trend.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

After getting s***pushed for a good while, it's kind of refreshing to get voted for decent reasons. I have been rather loose with my vote and it makes sense for someone to be uncomfortable with that, sometimes trying to play town effectively has an edge of effective disingenuity to it (for example someone asked if Ame overstated her replace in scumread of me for a desired effect and wasn't asking for a scumclaim).

It's also pretty strange for him to express skepticism of the original basis of my wagon then slowly get onto it for his own reasons later. He doesn't seem like a player self-aware of his own optics sufficiently that he could do that just for better optics (and the secondhand meta in hand corroborates that impression), and I don't think the viability of my lynch is what changed.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

It kinda takes a lot of work to convert why I am feeling certain things about players into words sometimes
it does not take much effort to make jokes
or pet pandora
it does take a lot of effort to get to the end of aColosseum2
Only for the special boss that has a 2% chance of appearing and requires specific different team choices I don't have to kill me after my half hour of struggling
"Well, I..."
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I just get the feeling you’re gun-shy scum - overthinking things and becoming stuck, unable to really push anyone with any conviction.

I don’t see this mentality being Town when you’re the main wagon. There may not be any open-wolfing going on, but I’d expect Town in your position to at least show more intent to sort/solve and push the lynch in another direction. Your passivity despite your activity seems to betray a guilty mindset.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

I mean I only have like 4 votes or something in a 13p
"Well, I..."