Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Taly »

In post 953, Paragon wrote:
In post 952, Taly wrote:The lack of emphasis people are placing on my posts have lowered a lot in the past few pages (not that I've helped), so by seeing how eyestott phrases an increasingly less popular townread will be helpful in seeing which slots in the game are forcing a read.
I'm not sure if I follow. eyestott towncasing you will bring insight into which slots are forcing a read on who? On you? Are you suggesting scum are going along with the flow of no longer having you as a strong townread, and eyestott towncasing you will force them to refute those points?

Regarding eyestott's alignment: I see where you're coming from regarding potential pocketing. That makes your constant questioning of my read on him make more sense.

Regarding popsofctown: I have thoughts on this but I believe it's best I let popsofctown reply herself before I state my assumptions.
If
eyestott
is well townread and voices a polarizing opinion, those who townread
eyestott
will reveal the nature of their read on him by their responses.

If I elabroate more that will defeat the exercise's purpose.
popsofctown wrote:That post was when you were asking me to choose between two characterizations of a previous post, either that I myself feel burdened being a good player or that you're such a good player I would specifically expect you catch scum very very early. I was just saying a, not b. This would be a much more faithful way of trimming context.
In post 198, popsofctown wrote:
In post 193, Taly wrote: Or that I'm SUPPOSED to have caught scum by now? Or was burden of good player a reference to you?
Burden of a good player is a reference to me.

I don't have high expectations on you.
That still doesn't explain the questions about you posing the phrase to (or about?)
Paragon
In post 960, popsofctown wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 952, Taly wrote:
In post 947, Paragon wrote:
In post 796, Taly wrote:i want to throw up at the gamelong white-knight
pops/paragon
have launched on
eyestott's
slot.
Why are you of this opinion if you agree that eyestott is town?
Because
eyestott
getting pocketed looks like a very real possibility to me, with the highly influenced, unchallenged townreads on him. It's too early to have such a townbloc read over a slot that isn't relatively perfect.

It's happened to me in plenty of games.

If
eyestott's
town, he's either NK bait or a very good late-term slot that perpetuates paranoia, his perception is also slightly skewed.

If
eyesott's
scum, this is a problem for the town to gamesolve upon even scumflips.

Now, the above situation isn't meant to bring up WIFOM, but it shows how showering someone with townreads and a lack of critical thought presents a gamestate and narrative problem for town to solve.
In post 947, Paragon wrote:
In post 946, Taly wrote:
eyestott
, social experiment, towncase me even if you don't believe I'm town.
Is this a good use of time for someone you townread?
I think it's one of the best uses of time for someone I townread.

The lack of emphasis people are placing on my posts have lowered a lot in the past few pages (not that I've helped), so by seeing how
eyestott
phrases an increasingly less popular townread will be helpful in seeing which slots in the game are forcing a read.

Scum have more reason to position their reads differently based on how players (who the thread has different levels of town confidence in) interact rather than Town who wants the players' stances clarified for them.
Paragon wrote:
In post 943, Taly wrote:
In post 930, popsofctown wrote:I agree a lot with paragon's readslist

He hasn't really impressed me as town though
By burden of proficiency he must be doing too well at reads to be town, something like that.
also wtf if this post?
What alarms you about this post?
1)
She's coming at this with the presumption that her reads are correct, because she's measuring the merit of your reads by her view when she mentions
"you're doing too well at reads"
- only scum know facts about people's alignment, and she projects this notion against you instead of evaluating herself.

2)
Again, she throws up the concept of
"burden of proficiency"
without really elaborating how that applies to the situation, whether she's talking about herself or you. She did the exact same thing to me earlier this game when I called her out on it when I asked her to explain my alignment in relationship to
Wiisp
, but she gave individual reads that didn't commit to her original post

3)
With as much as
Pops
has townread you
Paragon
and spoke about you without pushing you, it's really odd that she's downplaying your posts as they haven't impressed her to be town, and that is a cause to doubt your alignment.

She's not sorting your reads or the conclusions behind them. She's not taking a strong stance around you even when she's interested in your slot.

This is not how Town interacts with their townreads, I sure hope the fuck they don't.

I'm genuinely lost or find a red flag when I try to find motive for
Pops'
posting this game.

Time to attempt blatantly pander Ame a little bit.
I assume Pargon's readslist can be graded based on its similarity to mine because I think mine is better than the other ones in the thread by default due to Illusory superiority.
When I actually am putting on srs face and solving I have to manually adjust for Illusory superiority to play the game most correctly, otherwise if I do something like vote someone when 2 masons disagree with me that a slot is scummy the Illusory Superiority will make me start to actually gamethrow
However if I am making a joke post for memes my illusory superiority is fangless, and in fact only adds to the humor of the post as I proceed to move onto an illogical conclusion after so recently succumbing to a cognitive bias that has caused me to conclude I'm -extra- competent.
This is definitely how I interact with people I'm aligned with, the attempts at humor are relentless. Moreso like the undead than invincible angels. If I ever manage to roll scum with Paragon, the scum PT will be glorious.
OK, this could be a massive conflict between our playstyles? Is what you're saying? What's so high quality about your reads then? How are they different than
Paragon's
and what are the nuances?

-

Hey
Luca
, when you decide to actually reply or focus on a conversation with me are you going to be predictable and enforce your vote with a scumread?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Can you rephrase that? I don’t follow.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Btw replying to walls is difficult for me this game as I’ll only be able to phone post. Unless something is pressing, I’m not going to edit through a huge quote to reply to something.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Ame »

You can highlight the part you want to respond to before quoting it and it will only quote that part.
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Taly »

In post 976, Luca Blight wrote:Can you rephrase that? I don’t follow.
Since you're a mobile poster that makes more sense.

But you haven't directly communicated with me in the game thus far, and I'm wondering why. Did you read my response to you about my
Alo
read?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Ame »

I'm going to sorely miss the pagetop stealing moderator's old nomnomnom.gif but this new avatar is rad.

I'm cognitively exhausted today. I think I'm going to take a break for 24-48 hours. Please please please don't lynch anyone during this time. People on this site are hammer crazy.
I'll still have some skimmy pop-ins here and there probably.
I'm also getting a bit of cabin fever which is weird because I can spend days/probably weeks at home in isolation no problem. I think it's more the idea of not being able to go anywhere that's making me antsy.
pops is really working me over psychologically, among the adorable imagery
In post 924, popsofctown wrote:Pandora has my thumb
(How am I supposed to lynch this???)
and this:
In post 960, popsofctown wrote:Time to attempt blatantly pander Ame a little bit.
I assume Pargon's readslist can be graded based on its similarity to mine because I think mine is better than the other ones in the thread by default due to Illusory superiority.
When I actually am putting on srs face and solving I have to manually adjust for Illusory superiority to play the game most correctly, otherwise if I do something like vote someone when 2 masons disagree with me that a slot is scummy the Illusory Superiority will make me start to actually gamethrow
However if I am making a joke post for memes my illusory superiority is fangless, and in fact only adds to the humor of the post as I proceed to move onto an illogical conclusion after so recently succumbing to a cognitive bias that has caused me to conclude I'm -extra- competent.
This is definitely how I interact with people I'm aligned with, the attempts at humor are relentless. Moreso like the undead than invincible angels. If I ever manage to roll scum with Paragon, the scum PT will be glorious.
I read the first line, forgot about it, read the rest and found myself being pocketed lmao
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Luca Blight »

@Taly: Yes I did read it. I still think the reasoning was poor, but it wasn’t a particularly pressing issue and I felt ok leaving it there for now.

Just in response to your questions from those points:

Tom has clearly stated he hadn’t been following the game properly, to the extent that he thought Ame has replaced Robb. He scumread Paragon but admitted he hadn’t really read too deeply into his posts barring the things he pointed out regarding the role crumbs. This shows his reads were surface level and lacking in foundation.

Sitting on reads, particularly on what is essentially the basis of a policy lynch, is an easy thing for scum to do; if they aren’t under threat then there is no need to pull up any trees from their point of view. Assuming no scum agenda on his behalf based on this approach seemed rash to me. I currently think Tom is more likely Town based on his more recent posting anyway.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Ame »

In post 949, eyestott wrote:Soooo, I have in fact, been ghosted. He hasn’t even read any of my messages for 34 hours, but he’s still online on Grindr, the app we matched on

Oof.
I’ll get to posting when I wake up and have magically gotten over him. Sleep does magical things for me!
Sorry to hear that friend. I feel sorry for him.
In post 917, Paragon wrote:
In post 782, Ame wrote:
In post 763, eyestott wrote:@everyone: Let's say that you lose all your memories of what has thus far transpired in this game and all your reads. However, you get to keep one of your reads that you currently have (be it a town read or a scum read), and the reasoning behind it.
Which one would you choose to keep your memory of?
Para. He's an asset as town and a significant threat as scum. It's best to sort him early.
Why do you believe I'm an asset to town? I don't believe I've had a good town performance in the single town-game I've played with you. I ask this because my buddying-radar is going off.
I guess you're right, your latest read lists
are
pretty bad.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Ame »

Y'shtola who were you referring to in
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Ame »

Taly why is cohesion important to you so early? Chaos is a ladder.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Paragon »

I have awoken from my nap! It was refreshing.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Paragon »

Other than your own placement, who do you disagree with in my readslist, Ame?

Chaos is an escalator.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

Y'shtola has mentioned that Luca Blight was the mysterious stranger from post 666 but her scumread on him is rescinded.

What does "Chaos is a ladder" mean? That's the name of the marathon game I lost where awful, awful things happened to me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:47 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

I woke up and there was an extra 7 pages

- Ames
I am liking Ames more and more. She seems to be trying to sort. really reads as an attempt to sort me. Like the reasoning behind . I am strong town reading her atm.
I will find a scum game for you. As far a being different from the last game I am not sure. Not sure If I have a consistent game atm....as 1) I'm
starting back up 2) Trying to adjust to new playstyles 3) I am trying to find my own. If you want to scum read for that then that's okay

-Pops
There is nothing new about Pops that changes my mind. says it better then I prob could. They seem optimistic. If they really believed I was scum they would push harder for my lynch rather then jumping off when the wagon got weak.
Pops can you link that game, please?

Paragon
him being a alt changes my opinion of them a bit. I tend to give them less leeway as they have more experience. In that light claiming a
post restriction is bad. I don think it is scum. I am trying to avoid WIFOM ( wine in front of me). It makes it harder to read them. Overall I don't remember Paragon doing very much or really adding very much.

I will try to contribute more
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 987, popsofctown wrote:What does "Chaos is a ladder" mean? That's the name of the marathon game I lost where awful, awful things happened to me.
Game of thrones reference. Don't watch the video and just listen if you care about some minor(?) spoilers.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Chaos is a ladder
I'm not sure whether you're scum Fuzzy, so I don't want to push you. I would prefer to hit town today. I think Taly is the most likely to flip scum, and NDMath after that. I think some people maybe think correct townie play from my position is to push a counterwagon really hard to avoid being lynched because anyone I counterwagon might be scum, but I don't really like doing that and I'm not convinced it's optimal. Last year towards the end of the year I tried to count how many of the games where I was mislynched I had won, and I had won every single one of them, and it was several. I think the more you play to survive as town, the less information players tend to get out of your wagons when you do get mislynched.

I don't watch Game of Thrones because everything I've heard about it sounds morally depraved and disturbing.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

lol
prefer to hit scum today*
"Well, I..."
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Taly »

lmfao
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Taly »

will reply later but LOL
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Taly »

Pops
I think you're really cool and give good vibes as a person tbh

but if you're town this game, oh my god.

I'm really trying to think on where to reevaluate my reads in the reality that you're town and I'm having a hard time coming up with anything.

I'm curious, who is scum if I'm not?

(this isn't my "official reply" I just wanted to inquire instead of making an ass of myself.)
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Aloratom »

Oh man. I don't know.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Ame »

In post 990, popsofctown wrote:I don't watch Game of Thrones because everything I've heard about it sounds morally depraved and disturbing.
Keep your aether pure.

@Para your whole bottom 3. And pops.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Fuzzylogic, what is your read of Taly?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If you're not scum Taly, I think it is someone like Alolan tom, Y'shtola, or NDmath
"Well, I..."
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

You were townreading Tom earlier, weren’t you?

Can you explain your progression there?