popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I decided to play the minigame of, "can I find a single post in Masons and Mafia that's solvier than Y'shtola's entire iso in this game put together"? I expected to win, and I did. However, I did not expect to win by a direly narrow margin, there was not much unread iso left. so
In post 397, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 395, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 394, Yshtola Rhul wrote:Miss Lynch can go either way, I mainly don't like the overreactions to being questioned without being confronted at the same time. In the same case, she would likely be more careful about how to proceed when she is confronted, which was always either ignored or fought with the same intensity.
I don't really understand this part. Could you phrase it more clearly?
Miss Lynch overreacted to being questioned when there was no confrontation involved. I don't like this.

Miss Lynch didn't change course or hesitate when confronted after that point. I like this.
Of course, the most important question now that I've called it a minigame is "can you win by picking Luigi and doing nothing"?
In post 16, Yshtola Rhul wrote:Hello everybody, my name is Y'shtola Rhul. I am here as an observer and a scholar to the art of mafia.

I will be on standby if needed.
I'm gonna go with no, not super solvy. Too bad. Gotta count on those Happening Stars.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I decided to play the minigame of, "can I find a single post in Masons and Mafia that's solvier than Y'shtola's entire iso in this game put together"? I expected to win, and I did. However, I did not expect to win by a direly narrow margin, there was not much unread iso left. so
In post 394, Yshtola Rhul wrote:Miss Lynch can go either way, I mainly don't like the overreactions to being questioned without being confronted at the same time. In the same case, she would likely be more careful about how to proceed when she is confronted, which was always either ignored or fought with the same intensity.
Miss Lynch overreacted to being questioned when there was no confrontation involved. I don't like this.

Miss Lynch didn't change course or hesitate when confronted after that point. I like this.
Of course, the most important question now that I've called it a minigame is "can you win by picking Luigi and doing nothing"?
In post 16, Yshtola Rhul wrote:Hello everybody, my name is Y'shtola Rhul. I am here as an observer and a scholar to the art of mafia.

I'm gonna go with no, not super solvy. Too bad. Gotta count on those Happening Stars.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 959, Aloratom wrote:
In post 822, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:VOTE: Pop

There was 1 maybe two post that read town but everything seemed forced. They don't explain why they are voting for a person unless
asked as if they are hoping that they can sneak in a vote. It could be just playstyle but overall I am just getting a scum vibe from them. I kinda want to see where this leads
This seems kind of weak reasoning -- a scum vibe and feeling forced. Is there anything more to it? I'm re-evaluating Pops myself, but I don't know that I've seen anything that appears forced.
I dislike that Alolan Tom is "Re-evaluating" my slot. It is natural and potentially towny to want to re-evaluate slots, but it's not as much a natural response when the slot is kind of spammy and kind of monolithic so it feels like a poor copy-paste, and the reasons re-evaluating my slot fmpov are convenient is pretty obvious
"Well, I..."
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Paragon »

Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1002, popsofctown wrote:
In post 959, Aloratom wrote:
In post 822, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:VOTE: Pop

There was 1 maybe two post that read town but everything seemed forced. They don't explain why they are voting for a person unless
asked as if they are hoping that they can sneak in a vote. It could be just playstyle but overall I am just getting a scum vibe from them. I kinda want to see where this leads
This seems kind of weak reasoning -- a scum vibe and feeling forced. Is there anything more to it? I'm re-evaluating Pops myself, but I don't know that I've seen anything that appears forced.
I dislike that Alolan Tom is "Re-evaluating" my slot. It is natural and potentially towny to want to re-evaluate slots, but it's not as much a natural response when the slot is kind of spammy and kind of monolithic so it feels like a poor copy-paste, and the reasons re-evaluating my slot fmpov are convenient is pretty obvious
That language, however, invites a more thoughtful, less confrontational dialogue with Fuzzy than "Your reasoning is weak. Why would you even say what you did." At the time, I was hoping that Fuzzy would expound a bit more on where he was going. There will be a time for a more aggressive time, but that wasn't it.

Back to Fuzzy's read, I was surprised that you thought it was solid, even if it didn't have merit. I obviously didn't see it that way.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Pops, can you sum up your reasons for Taly!scum?
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

-Ames
here is my scum game. I am super proud if it to be honest TBH
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=25

I am very mixed on Tally I need to take a deep dive. I am just hoping to make it past day one as it usually my worst day. Takes me a bit to get started.

Luca
will get back with a better read on Pops . If I forget its okay to poke with a sharp stick or preferably a wet noodle.

I am ADD so I do get dis.....
Ohh look something shiny
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 916, Paragon wrote:
In post 911, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 910, Paragon wrote:
In post 892, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 696, Paragon wrote:I would like popsofctown to be town for once, so I have decided that she is infact town. I would like her to know that I am
not
a framer.

Y'shtola Rhul, who is this sin-bringer you speak of that has entered our ranks? Is it popsofctown or someone else?

A Sign of a Red Colour, sporting the word "Stop"
Sin Eaters are the embodiment of the primordial light that threatens our world. I've lost the scent of that which I believe is our likeliest chance of hitting one such creature, but rest assured I will do my utmost to resume the chase by finding another.
Mind telling me who this person was, that you have now lost the scent of?
It was Luca Blight.
Why did Luca Blight initially exude sin-eater fumes, and what has since caused that scent to lose it's strength.

P.S: Surely if they're sin-
eaters
, they're doing the world some good by consuming all the sins so that others don't have to suffer them?
A Sin Eater is a being with few words and fewer actions. A Sin Eater's actions being to idly push a single narrative is a reasonable assumption, for those who would give in to their base instincts of feasting on living aether become similar in demeanor. However, those who would later expand on that narrative and show themselves to have more riding beneath the surface than idle chatter! Those are more like the Warriors of Light I know.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 928, popsofctown wrote:Y'shtola is a secret alt on her second game without outing to me so like I don't get why she wants me to out Paragon to her.

IDK the ethics rules of this alting stuff

I just been playing on the one account for eleven years
The situations are remarkably different. Admittedly, I misjudged the level of impact it would have upon the game, for I assumed more had known what you currently know, but my own identity, outside of the Scion Y'shtola Rhul, has had no consequence upon the proceedings thus far.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 983, Ame wrote:
Y'shtola who were you referring to in
Luca Blight.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1000, popsofctown wrote:I decided to play the minigame of, "can I find a single post in Masons and Mafia that's solvier than Y'shtola's entire iso in this game put together"? I expected to win, and I did. However, I did not expect to win by a direly narrow margin, there was not much unread iso left. so

When you look to identify play by Y'shtola Rhul, you can expect to find play by Y'shtola Rhul.
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:16 pm

Post by Taly »

Still haven't gotten to reply to Ame and Luca yet but I'm phone posting as I just wish up with a lot of "oh god what if pops/I are t-t" anxiety (and other anxieties amid pandemic - I'm going to be really sad if I'm wrong about Popz here) and I'm just going to say:

I want to see towncases for Pops. If anyone has meta on her plea see bring it to light.

Yshtola is next behind as scumread as they don't contribute anything even after being consistently prodded. I just don't know how this fits in a pops scum universe.

When is deadline?

Fuzzy feels genuine but I will evaluate that scum game. I want to see his opinions on players he has not mentioned before.

This game gets easier if Ame and Luca are both town. I want to at least give Pops that re ISO I mentioned and I want to do that with these two slots as well. Alongside Alo. I feel iffy on Ames read progression and I want to check Lucas depth of thought behind his pushes.

I should look at Paragon and their wagon as well.

Taco and Wiiap being ghosts makes getting a definite frame of the game more difficult. I want to ask people to ISO them.

And Eyestott, what are your reads?

Also Eyeatott, Grindr is a nightmare and I've learned that first hand. Good luck man.

There is legit 1 or 2 people I forgot to mention here, I think.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by Taly »

Oh yeah NDMath, can you give a reads list? It's not favorable that I stream of consciousness commented about the game and I could hardly remember the stances and posts of a replace in.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:22 pm

Post by Taly »

Fuck it we have 7 days. This doesn't change my reads.

VOTE: Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

I am happy to see you fulfilling your role at last, Taly.

I hold pride for those who see through the mist at what must be sifted through, those who can truly be called Warriors of Light.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:48 am

Post by eyestott »

I know I said I’d post a lot of content today, but in my defence, I went on a really amazing date that lasted for 7 hours and let’s just say I’m almost not a virgin anymore

Different guy, don’t worry!

I’ll stop talking about my dating now, but y’all can rest in piece knowing this ended in a happy ending
The Disney kind, that is.
If you want more deets I’ll be infodumping in Guys Part 2 soon
I’ll focus on this game for the next two hours though.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:50 am

Post by eyestott »

I’ll spend tonight responding to questions posed towards me that I can answer quickly. Big responses tomorrow!
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:51 am

Post by eyestott »

Let’s just say, we didn’t go to an amusement park, but there were rides to be had
And I did say earlier to same that amusement park as a date took precedence over mafia
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:01 am

Post by Taly »

LOL
eyestott
that sounds fun.

I'm busy studying atm but I'm glad you are doing well.

Y'shtola
, I want a readslist
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:07 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1018, Taly wrote:LOL
eyestott
that sounds fun.

I'm busy studying atm but I'm glad you are doing well.

Y'shtola
, I want a readslist
Is there any players you specifically would like to hear about?
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:21 am

Post by Taly »

All the players.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:28 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1020, Taly wrote:All the players.
Oh dear.

Very well, let me collate my thoughts.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:47 am

Post by Paragon »

I'm looking forward to that!
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:00 am

Post by Taly »

In post 981, Luca Blight wrote:@Taly: Yes I did read it. I still think the reasoning was poor, but it wasn’t a particularly pressing issue and I felt ok leaving it there for now.

Just in response to your questions from those points:

Tom has clearly stated he hadn’t been following the game properly, to the extent that he thought Ame has replaced Robb. He scumread Paragon but admitted he hadn’t really read too deeply into his posts barring the things he pointed out regarding the role crumbs. This shows his reads were surface level and lacking in foundation.

Sitting on reads, particularly on what is essentially the basis of a policy lynch, is an easy thing for scum to do; if they aren’t under threat then there is no need to pull up any trees from their point of view. Assuming no scum agenda on his behalf based on this approach seemed rash to me. I currently think Tom is more likely Town based on his more recent posting anyway.
What about
Alo's
recent posting makes him town to you?

And I do need to reread
Alo
, but tbh, I thought the purpose behind him sitting on reads and missing details would more likely come from town in the idea that he was sticking to his reads since this day has been dragging a bit despite the good amount of content its contained.

If he had an agenda, I figured he'd be more obvious, and not be as inclined to inquire or reply to suspicion casted on him.

While saying
pops/I
are TvT can be a valid scum tactic and annoying to parse arguments, I came to him with the question. It's hard to say his motivation was scum-indicative when he didn't inject himself into the 1v1 with this opinion, and this aligned with his town-ish read on both of our slots at the time. So I noted his opinion and left it at that.
In post 984, Ame wrote:Taly why is cohesion important to you so early? Chaos is a ladder.
Because not having cohesion leads to mislynches and makes it more difficult to parse interactions of other people? It's also easier for scum to take control of the thread if towns are consistently distrustful, dismissive, and chaotic.

It also makes it hard for me to accrue solid townreads.

Why did you ask?

p-edit

Paragon wrote:I'm looking forward to that!
do my reads suck?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:02 am

Post by nomnomnom »

This pagetop is mine