Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:22 am

Post by Paragon »

Nomo Music Tier List

S Tier

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth: Diptera Sonata - Amazing. The nostalgia of the countless hours spent wandering through basements helps too.

A Tier

Jester - “Molecule’s Revenge” - Funky. I like it.
Jeroen Tel's "RoboCop 3" - Pitch starts a little too high for comfort, but the track continue to get better the further in you go.

B Tier

Castlevania - Cross Your Heart - Catchy. Never played Castlevania but this is good.
Fearofdark - Dancing 0n the m%n - I kept wanting to like it, but couldn't properly get into it. Though writing this, I do like the ending sequence; will bump up to B.

C Tier

Akumajou Densetsu Music - Beginning - Tune is nice, but maybe a little too 8-bitty for my liking?
Dubmood - Rez Cracktro 4 - Overall good, but then there's parts where it's way too high pitch for comfort. Maybe there's something wrong with my ears haha.

D Tier

Metal Gear (NES) Jungle Theme - This one didn't really gel with me.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:25 am

Post by Paragon »

I'm open to criticism on the above readslist, but please note that these are mostly gutreads and initial thoughts/feelings. My reads will improve and be more fleshed out over time.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 942, Taly wrote:
Town: Wiisp/Alo/Eye/Yshtola/Ame

Other Scum Within: Luca/Taco/Paragon/NDMath/Fuzzy

Scum: Pops
Could I ask why you have Y'shtola as town, and Luca not in the town category?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Ame »

Para do you not agree that the post I quoted of Luca aligns with his scum meta?
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 832, Ame wrote:
In post 740, Luca Blight wrote:Paragon towning it up in here.
This is also extremely out of character. I've only ever seen him address his scumate in this manner.
This one? Are you referring to the newbie game?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1029, Ame wrote:Para do you not agree that the post I quoted of Luca aligns with his scum meta?
What about my play as a whole?
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 896, Paragon wrote:
In post 855, Ame wrote:My play is so drastically different from my scum game, I think you would pick up on it.

2 scum really changes things.

Pops/Para : Luca/Para : Luca/Taly

One of these is the scum team.
You had me as confident town a little before, and you now have me in 2 of the 3 possibly scumteams? I've never seen you do preflip solving to this extent, Ame. You've struck me as "go for the scummiest player" in previous games.
In post 913, Paragon wrote:
In post 867, Ame wrote:pops you said there was a 20% chance. That seems significant enough for it to be the case
Why are you so confident that there are 2 scum over 3? Because you townread so many people, or because you're ruling out teams due to interactions? It's day 1.

Miami Tower
I'd love to get a response to these at some point, Ame! I know you said you were feeling the cabin fever; so it's not urgent.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Ame »

In post 1030, Paragon wrote:
In post 832, Ame wrote:
In post 740, Luca Blight wrote:Paragon towning it up in here.
This is also extremely out of character. I've only ever seen him address his scumate in this manner.
This one? Are you referring to the newbie game?
Yes
Spoiler:
Subject: Newbie 1984 - Game Over
Luca Blight wrote:
In post 28, Natsu wrote:Oh boy. At first I was going to complain about the SE's not setting Hectic straight for his trash tier posting. But then I realized he was an SE, even though he says he's quite new. Then again in my last game the SE's were the ones making all the questionable moves.
Do people typically get worse at mafia the more they play?
This is actually an interesting question. I think in terms of many things in life, this ends up being the case. Take, for example, driving: When you've just passed your test you are still very cautious and drive in the correct posture, mirror signal manouvre etc. Soon, however, bad habits start creeping in, and if you took the same test a few years later you most probably wouldn't pass. I think the same applies to Mafia.
In post 28, Natsu wrote:
In post 10, Hectic wrote:Hey, friends!

I'm quite new, so is it okay if I lurk this game and try to learn from the more experienced people? Also, should we mass claim? It could be useful to talk about who we target in the night. I will start: I am the Town Goon. I am not allowed to target anyone in the night.

VOTE: 72offsuit

This is somehow worse than the first post of a person in my last game, which got her massively scumread and lynch-mobbed. You are playing a complete fool on purpose here. I'm guessing you are trying to get an actual vanilla townie newb to be like "hey, it shouldn't say town goon!" and then vote for you because you look like a terrible scum player who just tipped their hand. So I guess I'll go ahead and grant you your wish and vote for you because it's not supposed to say town goon.
VOTE: Hectic

After reading further I find that Hectic actually has thousands of hours of mafia gametime. But I'll keep my vote here to see where he's taking us with this style of posting.
This is a decent thought-process. You have earned a Townie point, well done.
Subject: Newbie 1984 - Game Over
Luca Blight wrote:
In post 52, ArthurConyl wrote:
That's gotta be one of the most dumb scum tells I've ever seen, ngl.

Hello everyone, my name's Arthur and I'm fairly new at forum mafia.
Haha, I love this defiance.

Good on you, Arthur.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Paragon »

I don't think it's the same thing, Ame. In the newbie game, his tone was very obviously friendly and we can see now that he was attempting to pocket Arthur, while perhaps establish early town vibes on his partner, Natsu, since he gave reasons for Natsu's posts being town.

Here, he mentioned I was "towning it up" without further explanation. It lacks the purpose/direction that your examples have. Plus, I know I'm town and not his scum partner.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Ame »

In post 1031, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1029, Ame wrote:Para do you not agree that the post I quoted of Luca aligns with his scum meta?
What about my play as a whole?
I haven't read the last few pages but your interaction with pops about the Rabid replace out seemed really townie. That being said, I suspect it's not beyond your scum range. I'll dig into that newbie game later on to determine the extent of your towntoning ability as scum.

One thing I didn't like was how caught up you got on my speculation of a Luca/Para team, especially considering I have a strong town read on Para. This seemed like a forced interaction because I'm not sure why you would be obsessive over something so pointless.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:54 am

Post by Ame »

In post 1034, Paragon wrote:I don't think it's the same thing, Ame. In the newbie game, his tone was very obviously friendly and we can see now that he was attempting to pocket Arthur, while perhaps establish early town vibes on his partner, Natsu, since he gave reasons for Natsu's posts being town.

Here, he mentioned I was "towning it up" without further explanation. It lacks the purpose/direction that your examples have. Plus, I know I'm town and not his scum partner.
You don't have to be his partner. How do you not see that his response to Arthur is exactly the same? Please explain how he offered "further explanation" there.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Luca Blight »

A strong town read, yet he was included in two of your possible three scum teams?

I wasn’t obsessed, but I was incredulous that you could see me and Paragon being one of the likeliest teams given the circumstances.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:59 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 1036, Ame wrote:
In post 1034, Paragon wrote:I don't think it's the same thing, Ame. In the newbie game, his tone was very obviously friendly and we can see now that he was attempting to pocket Arthur, while perhaps establish early town vibes on his partner, Natsu, since he gave reasons for Natsu's posts being town.

You don't have to be his partner. How do you not see that his response to Arthur is exactly the same? Please explain how he offered "further explanation" there.
Really?

I think-
Haha, I love this defiance.

Good on you, Arthur.
is very different to-
Paragon towning it up in here.
The first is expressing a friendly tone and openly complimenting Arthur in an attempt to pocket him. The second is noting how someone is doing something towny. I'm sure town!Luca in other games has posts where he's mentioned someone is being more towny, unless you're saying you've never seen him make this kind of post as town before?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Luca Blight »

It’s true I was trying to pocket Arthur there. Unfortunately he replaced out soon after which spoiled my plans.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Paragon »

From the Strawberry game:
In post 218, Luca Blight wrote:I’m getting some Town vibes from Kanna recently.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Ame »

Para they are exactly the same. It's disturbing me that you don't see that.
Both are compliments.
Both are implying a town read.

And no, I haven't seen Luca give blank townie points as town. Yes, that's it, that's what I'm getting at. Town Luca states his town reads directly in a sort of neutral tone: "I'm town reading Para for x,y,x."
Scum Luca there is throwing out random town points in an indirect and friendly manner. It's an attempt to look engaged with the game. And be friendly with you. It serves no value for town!Luca. It does for scum!Luca.

pedit that's different. He was scumreading Kanna and it's a neutral tone. He was expressing his change in read on Kanna. And it wasn't meant to look a certain way like it is here.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Ame »

Like he wasn't complimenting Kanna there.
Here it was obvious he was buddying you / complimenting your casing
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Paragon »

Okay, I can see what you're getting at there actually. I think I might have to do some meta research later into more Luca games to see if this trend holds further.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:28 am

Post by Ame »

In post 1037, Luca Blight wrote:I wasn’t obsessed, but I was incredulous that you could see me and Paragon being one of the likeliest teams given the circumstances.
I don't think town!Luca would actually be all that interested in this because he would clearly have a biased perspective that I don't have so it would be useless trying to convince me. I think you're just using this as an anchoring point to engage in the thread. Yeah, the more that I think about it, you're scum.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Ame »

I have to do some serious thinking about what it means for pops. Do the stop towntoning lines come from partner!pops? It doesn't fit. Maybe I should do as Para said and solely lynch based off of scumminess and ignore relations here.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Ame »

In post 1032, Paragon wrote:
In post 896, Paragon wrote:
In post 855, Ame wrote:My play is so drastically different from my scum game, I think you would pick up on it.

2 scum really changes things.

Pops/Para : Luca/Para : Luca/Taly

One of these is the scum team.
You had me as confident town a little before, and you now have me in 2 of the 3 possibly scumteams? I've never seen you do preflip solving to this extent, Ame. You've struck me as "go for the scummiest player" in previous games.
In post 913, Paragon wrote:
In post 867, Ame wrote:pops you said there was a 20% chance. That seems significant enough for it to be the case
Why are you so confident that there are 2 scum over 3? Because you townread so many people, or because you're ruling out teams due to interactions? It's day 1.

Miami Tower
I'd love to get a response to these at some point, Ame! I know you said you were feeling the cabin fever; so it's not urgent.
First one: I still have you as town. Scum mate analysis is independent of my individual reads. It's more like I town read you but you can still be scum sort of thing. I 100% don't want to lynch you today, but I will reevaluate upon Pop's red flip. And to a lesser extent, Luca. I think I change my mind on that team though as I don't think he would be so overt about defending against it. If Luca is scum, Taly is his partner and you're not partners with Taly.

Also no, going for the scummiest player and preflip solving aren't mutually exclusive. The fun in this game for me is solving it and I like to try to do so as early as possible as a personal challenge. That doesn't mean I'm going to lynch someone based off of pre flip analysis. Here's me stating my philosophy regarding relative reads in a previous game:
Spoiler:
In post 520, Ame wrote:In mafia, you only have as many degrees of freedom for reading players as there are scum. Meaning, once you have the number of scum reads as there are scum, everyone else is solved. Therefore it makes sense for reads to be dynamic and relative to each other.
And here are examples of me doing pre-flip solving (one of which you've referenced before): ~ ~

Second one: I'm not confident. I was going off of pop's 20%. That is fairly high to me and I'm just going off the word of those that are more familiar with setup design (I think pop's analysis could be trusted as either alignment in this regard). I currently scum read Luca/Pops/Taly but pops doesn't look like Luca's or Taly's partner so I think I have to be wrong somewhere.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1044, Ame wrote:
In post 1037, Luca Blight wrote:I wasn’t obsessed, but I was incredulous that you could see me and Paragon being one of the likeliest teams given the circumstances.
I don't think town!Luca would actually be all that interested in this because he would clearly have a biased perspective that I don't have so it would be useless trying to convince me. I think you're just using this as an anchoring point to engage in the thread. Yeah, the more that I think about it, you're scum.
This is completely wrong. I think it’s objectively ridiculous to consider me/Paragon as a team and Town!Me would always call that out.

I can give meta of me doing just that in a previous Town game if you’re interested.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Ame »

Yes I'll take meta any time Luca.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum