Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Luca Blight »

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... &start=200

If you read the first half of the second page of my iso here you’ll see my explaining at length to Wicked why me and Datisi aren’t a scumteam, while becoming increasingly frustrated in the process.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Starting from post 2393
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Finishing at 2417
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Not to mention you and Hectic SR me last game for changing my meta (being more friendly) and yet I was Town that game too.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1044, Ame wrote:
In post 1037, Luca Blight wrote:I wasn’t obsessed, but I was incredulous that you could see me and Paragon being one of the likeliest teams given the circumstances.
I don't think town!Luca would actually be all that interested in this because he would clearly have a biased perspective that I don't have so it would be useless trying to convince me. I think you're just using this as an anchoring point to engage in the thread. Yeah, the more that I think about it, you're scum.
And why did you cut my question to you out of the quote?

How could Paragon have been a strong Town read for you when he was in two of your three possible scum teams?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Ame »

I think the situations are different. In that game a person was actively pushing that team whereas here I just mentioned it as throwaway speculation. You only kept responding to the person there because
they
were the one's pushing it. Here, you're the one that keeps initiating it. Additionally, town!Luca would obviously have a bias here that I do not. It would be silly to use reasoning that only pertains to his perspective.

I didn't quote the question because I answered it in .

Did you take in my post about highlighting before quoting btw?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Luca Blight »

No, they weren’t actively pushing that team, they just stated it as the most likely. They were pushing a lynch of either Icon or Datisi.

You say throwaway speculation, but that’s not how it came across. You seemed pretty confident scum was definitely one of the three teams you listed.

The reasoning doesn’t only pertain to my perspective - it should be pretty obvious for anyone who reads the Rabid/Paragon interactions that it’s not S/S. I have the benefit or my role pm, but even if I hadn’t replaced into this slot I’d be reading it the same.

Yes, I did take it in. I assume you mean copy and paste and then include quote tags?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Ame »

No, literally highlight the words then quote press the quote button on the upper right side of the post.

Try it with this.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I’ve never known someone SR me every game based on the most ridiculously insignificant things. Last game you thought I was scum for saying ‘your turn, Ame’ after answering your RQS questions. It amazes me how you still have such confidence in these little pedantic things you pick up on despite having been wrong every time. I find it frustrating as you seem otherwise a competent player, but you get so easily sidetracked over minor details.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Ame »

In post 666, Yshtola Rhul wrote:I hearken to those who seek the salvation of this star and the aversion of a future calamity, we must identify and eliminate the Sin Eaters of this land. For once we have reached the breaking point, two worlds will be lost and countless lives will be forfeit.

We have identified the existence of one such creature in this very room, its sickening light threatening to corrupt those within to the same gruesome fate. We must stop it immediately before it can set forth a chain of events that we can not fix.
In post 667, Yshtola Rhul wrote:UNVOTE: popsofctown

I await the answer to our call.
This looks bad on pops scum too. Ysha calls for votes on Luca without mentioning his name, unvotes pops, and doesn't vote Luca?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1057, Ame wrote:post.
Oh wow, didn’t realise you could do that. Thanks, I’ll try and use it from now on.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Ame »

[:
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Ame »

In post 1058, Luca Blight wrote:I’ve never known someone SR me every game based on the most ridiculously insignificant things. Last game you thought I was scum for saying ‘your turn, Ame’ after answering your RQS questions. It amazes me how you still have such confidence in these little pedantic things you pick up on despite having been wrong every time. I find it frustrating as you seem otherwise a competent player, but you get so easily sidetracked over minor details.
I didn't scum read you there really I don't think. I've tried to explain this to you multiple times but you don't seem to get that this is simply a difference in how we process information. When I press you for things like that it's because I'm considering multiple scenarios simultaneously. I don't really think that scenario is reality, but I investigate it simply to eliminate the possibility.

It's different here where I do think your behavior is scummy.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Am I more scummy for saying Paragon was towning it up or for arguing against the me/Paragon team?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Luca Blight »

For some reason that quoting method only works for me when I highlight a single word. If I try and highlight a sentence or group of words it quotes the entire post.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Ame »

-I haven't read your recent interaction with pops but your initial analysis was really weak and I don't get why you were scum leaning her for the post you quoted.
-Being so concerned with the Luca/Para team. Again this felt like forced engagement. I feel like you're doing it here too. Focusing on my scum read rather than finding scum.
-The Para towning it up aligns with your scum meta

I think from top to bottom is how I'd rank the degree of suspiciousness.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Ame »

In post 1064, Luca Blight wrote:For some reason that quoting method only works for me when I highlight a single word. If I try and highlight a sentence or group of words it quotes the entire post.
I forgot to mention it doesn't work if you highlight a quote. You can only highlight the text from that post.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Ame »

Or rather you can't do both I mean. You can highlight inside the quote block or outside of it. But doing both breaks it.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Ame »

Wait nevermind, that's working fine for me too. It may have something to do with your phone/browser?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1065, Ame wrote:-I haven't read your recent interaction with pops but your initial analysis was really weak and I don't get why you were scum leaning her for the post you quoted. .
That’s a weird reason, especially given it’s your strongest. I wasn’t pushing or voting Pops at that time. As I mentioned before, I had read her Iso but hadn’t commented in depth on what I thought. I wasn’t impressed generally but nothing else immediately stuck out. You should probably read the recent interactions for the further reasoning.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1065, Ame wrote: -Being so concerned with the Luca/Para team. Again this felt like forced engagement. I feel like you're doing it here too. Focusing on my scum read rather than finding scum.
You’re being really unfair here. Since when is responding to being scumread automatically a forced engagement? And I’ve literally done this in every game you’ve scumread me in. Why are you taking meta that suits your argument into account and ignoring the meta that doesn’t? And your last sentence implies I haven’t been scumhunting, which isn’t true at all. Just because at this precise moment I’m focusing on this issue, doesn’t mean I haven’t been doing other things prior to this.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1018, Taly wrote:LOL
eyestott
that sounds fun.

I'm busy studying atm but I'm glad you are doing well.

Y'shtola
, I want a readslist
The Warriors of Light within this game are in a state of confusion. Our focus should be on our future, towards the world that will soon cease to be if we are not able to rid of it the Sin Eaters housed within. However, they are instead focused on our petty quarrels, those which will cease to matter in our hour of reckoning. Do those who live only for paradise have immunity to the world collapsing under the weight of the excess light? Indeed not! However, there are those who would still cling to these pleasures in their final hours to deny their fate. As such, there are those here who would deny their fate in turn, bickering amongst themselves while the Sin Eaters reach their blighted touch across our land, corrupting those within their path unfortunate enough to be in their way.

These aethers shine brightly, those who would fight for their own world. True Warriors of Light are these, as the Sin Eaters flinch away and other Warriors of Light stand tall, trusting in their own virtue to shield them from the inner strength radiating from the blessing within their foes. Sin Eaters cannot hold long against such might, at least, unless they are in the presence of a Lightwarden. However, I will dispense of such possibilities for the moment. The truth of the matter is that your focus is splintered across too many places at once. If you wish to see the world for how it is, rather than from your own simplified view, then cast aside your doubts and your squabbles and join me in the fight. I wish only to save our world, and I need Warriors of Light to lead the charge.

As evidence, you know within your heart that those who fight you directly are Warriors of Light. Who flinches at your gaze? Who wishes to remain unseen through and through, seeking to corrupt us while we sleep as we forget their presence within the daylight? Seek your prey there, for you will find it. Do not search for a Lightwarden. Such a search is a fruitless endeavor while there are Sin Eaters afoot in any case.

Do I have your pledge of assistance, Warrior of Light? If you wish to banish the light threatening to destroy our world, I ask only for your hand in friendship. Only together may we triumph.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

These last two pages are saddening. Why must Warriors of Light quarrel so?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:24 am

Post by Ame »

In post 1062, Ame wrote:I didn't scum read you there really I don't think. I've tried to explain this to you multiple times but you don't seem to get that this is simply a difference in how we process information. When I press you for things like that it's because I'm considering multiple scenarios simultaneously. I don't really think that scenario is reality, but I investigate it simply to eliminate the possibility.
Going more into our differences: you = sensor, me = intuitive.
In a nutshell, the difference between Sensors and Intuitives is this: Sensors prefer tangible information, whereas Intuitives prefer speculation and depth of insight. So, while a Sensor will perceive data points individually (one by one) and literally (as they are in that moment), an Intuitive will perceive them concurrently (all at once) and abstractly (as they could be in the future).
Let's look at an example. Here's how a Sensor might experience a flight:

-This takeoff is bumpy.
-My ears hurt.
-It's chilly in this airplane.
-There's a man sitting beside me. He's reading the book that I read last month.
An Intuitive might experience the same flight like this:

-This take off will be bumpy.
-Why can't scientists do something about that ear popping thing?
-I usually feel chilly on flights. It might be anemia. I'd better get some blood work done.
-I read that book. That man must have hidden depths, reading such a seamy book. I bet he does a spooky job, like a mortician or an arachnologist.
This right here is a hilariously pertinent example of how our two processing styles conflict:
Sensors live in the detailed, vivid world of the present. They value practicality and physical experience as ends in themselves. Much of the frustration a Sensor has with an Intuitive comes when the conversation bounces off in all sorts of directions that may be interesting for the Intuitive but has zero relevance for the Sensor.

Suppose, for example, that you're shopping for a new car. Your Sensor partner strikes up a conversation about fuel consumption, heated seats and tow packages. Because you focus on theory and metaphor, you attempt to extract a deeper meaning from the Sensor's literal words where none was intended. You are convinced, wrongly, that the Sensor is referencing the environmental impact of CO2 emissions and you can't understand why the Sensor keeps dragging you back into the mundane world of backup cameras.

What you have actually done is put words into the Sensor's mouth. They were having a benign conversation about cars, while you were setting the world to rights. The further you move from reality, the more annoyed a Sensor will get.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Paragon »

This is very interesting, Ame! What would you classify me as?