popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm suspicious of your entry Churros. Taly is still scummy, but the reads list post was ugly enough to put NDMath at least in the same tier, and I don't want to swap for someone who gives me goosebumps
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Paragon »

I agree with most of your reads, Churros! I share your suspicions on Taly, but I still believe NDMath is overall more likely to flip scum, and would like to wait for him to return and answer questions before I consider changing my vote. What has Luca done to warrant a position in your "more likely than not to have scum in it" tier?

I do find Taly's nonchalant reaction to being scumread in this way odd - I expected more frustration/outrage I guess. He had a vastly different reaction to when I was "casing" him a while back. Any reason for that, Taly?
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Churros »

@Pops

To be fair I didn't think much of NDmath slot until mostly the read list thing, but my mind was on Taly/Fuzzy way early and that post didn't make me want to switch main focus.

By suspicious do you mean you're suspicious I'm like, trying to distract from the NDmath wagon or something?

I know this is super self-conscious but I do think the chance of NDmath flipping scum is decent and I'm actually gonna be disappointed if I get tied to him because I'm pursuing Taly right now.

Especially given that by my read list it's not difficult to see one of my solves would be something like [Fuzzy/Taly/Math]. At the moment I don't want to risk going for what I see a lower odd/reward lynch though...

If it's for another reason you don't trust me it's ok. kinda?
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Churros »

To be fair NDmath could replace Fuzzy in that read list but the deal is I have this drive that Taly/Fuzzy are buddies which makes me couple them together.

I probably should stop talking but I try to be frank with where my head is at, even if most of the time it backfires.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 1251, Paragon wrote:I do find Taly's nonchalant reaction to being scumread in this way odd - I expected more frustration/outrage I guess.
I found it unexpected but it wasn't until you properly put it down that I realized it.

He seemed a lot more fiery with you/pops back there but to be intellectually honest he wouldn't be high on energy/mood at this moment from the looks of it.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by eyestott »

Hi Churros! I like your entrance, though there’s a small voice in my mind telling me “he’s only townreading you cause it’s convenient”
Is there any piece of reasoning you’d be willing to give me for that read?
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 1251, Paragon wrote:What has Luca done to warrant a position in your "more likely than not to have scum in it" tier?
He's kinda nullish but in a playerlist where I've good feelings about almost half the players, he goes to the "can lynch/might have scum" bracket. I feel he's a ok associative to the rest of my pool as well.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 1255, eyestott wrote:Hi Churros! I like your entrance, though there’s a small voice in my mind telling me “he’s only townreading you cause it’s convenient”
Is there any piece of reasoning you’d be willing to give me for that read?
Ok I'll open an exception because I want to get in your good side and make churros together and vote taly together in a future.

It's not just me, everyone is town reading you eyesott. It's because the way you interacted with pops back there was transparently towny, different from taly which only seemed worried about accusing and implying that there was something wrong with pops/paragon if she was town, you were trying to genuinely understand the situation and in each post balancing where your read on them should go.

That was one of the moments I got my town read on you, and my SR on Taly.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by eyestott »

Sweet, thanks for that. What do you think of Rabid’s replaceout?
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 1258, eyestott wrote:Sweet, thanks for that. What do you think of Rabid’s replaceout?
Overreaction that could be used to not play the game in an alignment he doesn't like but I don't feel digging on that neither do I know Persivul enough to understand his preferences. Even if my soul tries to say something else, I'm always defaulting to NAI.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Churros »

Rabid vote on Paragon is odd/overreacted as well, because while I would honestly say "nothing new" from Robb doing that, I was surprised to see Persivul being that thick headed to an obvious silly prank from Paragon's (one that he even seemed to be doing to get some reactions from). But...I don't think Persivul is necessarily not-thick-headed.

Anyway, I like the slot slightly below null, exactly where it's at in my RL.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by NDMath »

To do list:
1. Explain why I'm so sure Tali is town.
2. Convince Luca Blight I'm town.
3. Convince Wiisp it's possible for me to be sure he's town.

Hopefully I get at least some of that (the first one) done in the next couple hours.

Also if Churros is scum Luca is town and if Churros is town Luca is also town.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Paragon »

Also, please do get round to asking all the questions about your readslist!
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Paragon »

*answering
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Ame »

@Maths why is your play so different from your other two games?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1247, popsofctown wrote:Y'shtola is an Ankamius alt
The avatar, right?
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1251, Paragon wrote:I do find Taly's nonchalant reaction to being scumread in this way odd - I expected more frustration/outrage I guess. He had a vastly different reaction to when I was "casing" him a while back. Any reason for that, Taly?
It's just a waste of time, we have 5 days left and I'll be busy for the majority of them.

The one person who's been scumread more OR as much as me is the only person combating any notion that I am scum. The only reason I haven't been wagoned as much as several other people is one or more of a few things:
1)
They're busy sorting others than to deep dive into my ISO, as several people have said would ISO me but haven't.
(Fuzzy/Taco/I think Ame off the top of my head)

2)
They're finding reasons to not take my walls into critical account
(Potentially Luca/Churros, namely)

3)
They're bringing up other people around
"my tier of scummy"
but are resolving them, and giving me less regard.
(Everybody but Pops/Wiisp and perhaps Paragon/Eyestott shares accountability)

4)
My play has been a bit messy, so the
"pendulum"
that
Paragon
has described in reading me is not invalid.

NDMath
and
Churros
have opposite takes on me but they have - at least presumably - a similar amount of content in their read explanations. It'd be problematic if I injected my opinions of their reads preemptively since everybody should discuss this.

I care more about creating a universal solve so in the event I am mislynched, I am helpful.

At this point, if I get mislynched, I get mislynched. This isn't a narrative I control.

I'm tired of explaining my attitude and will stop with this post.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 848, popsofctown wrote:Ame I'm not really trying to sort you because I think you're hard to read. It's a 12p where I probably won't run out of people to consider before I'm out of the game, which I'm cognizant seems it will be earlier than average. Providing a read to deadsheep would be actively harmful since you duped me in a recent day. I do have to try to figure you out and superar but I don't think that necessarily has to be day1.
Pedit:yes planned double posting ame this was slow to type up because I am playing by phone lying underneath a wonderful cat
You aren't really solving at all tho
In post 876, popsofctown wrote:
In post 873, Ame wrote:
Spoiler:
btw pops the reason why I'm fairly certain in my scum read is because every line in this is scum indicative.
In post 159, popsofctown wrote:Ame!

(1) I'm not digging into this game super easily so far.

Wiisp is becoming a townread, because of the reverse survivalism inherent in aggravating Robbnva without actually getting votes onto him (man part of me wants to abbreviate "Robbnva" but I have played with Rob14 before and that makes it feel kinda wrong?)

(2) I sympathize with Taly scumreading my slot, he wasn't explicit about it but I sense he's fairly allocating a Burden of good player on people, likewise giving Y'shtola a pass. Y'shtola seems to play kind of scummy as town, to me, I was in the mason game, although in that game being a mason is actually surprisingly similar to being scum so I'm not sure how much that counts for. I hope she plays later.

(3) How nasty are nomnomnom's deadline? I'm not actually minding the slow pace in terms of fun factor, but if AI needs to be to be forced out then yada yada
(1) scum pops not knowing how to get into the game ~
(2) scum aware that they aren't playing up to their town play
(3) forced content -- this is the biggest tell I think. It's reminiscent of your forced content here.

Interesting. I found this quote while liking over that game.
popsofctown wrote:I kinda buy that the condescending mechanics posts would come from both flavors of Pine but your point about it being implausible that he's solved the game so quickly is persuasive.

Particularly scumreading me on so few posts wtf.
Deja vu:
In post 854, popsofctown wrote:Regardless of what it is I'm supposed to figure out I think you should be able to recognize at least some of the things (deliberately?) making your play inscrutable like announcing a greater than 100% confidence read on my slot early day 1.

I hate both the idea RC would design a 2 scum 12p and the idea that you assemble entire potential scumteams when doing your first lynch so I guess they cancel out
I don't understand the relationship between those two quoted posts.
Going in reverse order:
Whether or not I sympathize with getting scumread as scum is pretty WIFOMY; I reckon I probably emulate my normal %age, maybe err on the side of sympathizing less because people often go and make post 873, and maybe in games that are a lost cause I do it more often if I'm tired and I want to throw.
Whether or not I sympathize with getting scumread as town is based on whether I am able to build an understanding of how the player came to that conclusion. Is there a reason you think as town I wouldn't be able to build that understanding this game? I'm only hearing why I would do that as scum, not why I wouldn't do it as town.
As town you wouldn't be in the position of defending your lackluster play because you wouldn't have TMI and would be able to properly scum hunt. Your lackluster play comes from being scum and you are aware that it's a tell. (I'm trying to use the assertive language you were prodding me for earlier btw).
In post 1015, eyestott wrote:and let’s just say I’m almost not a virgin anymore
In post 1017, eyestott wrote:Let’s just say, we didn’t go to an amusement park, but there were rides to be had
Dance of Blessed Fortuity

In post 1023, Taly wrote:
In post 984, Ame wrote:Taly why is cohesion important to you so early? Chaos is a ladder.
Because not having cohesion leads to mislynches and makes it more difficult to parse interactions of other people? It's also easier for scum to take control of the thread if towns are consistently distrustful, dismissive, and chaotic.

It also makes it hard for me to accrue solid townreads.

Why did you ask?
I ask because I think the opposite. If everyone is on unison, there's nothing to distinguish players. Chaos forces players to act.
In post 982, Ame wrote:
In post 917, Paragon wrote:
In post 782, Ame wrote:
In post 763, eyestott wrote:@everyone: Let's say that you lose all your memories of what has thus far transpired in this game and all your reads. However, you get to keep one of your reads that you currently have (be it a town read or a scum read), and the reasoning behind it.
Which one would you choose to keep your memory of?
Para. He's an asset as town and a significant threat as scum. It's best to sort him early.
Why do you believe I'm an asset to town? I don't believe I've had a good town performance in the single town-game I've played with you. I ask this because my buddying-radar is going off.
I guess you're right, your latest read lists
are
pretty bad.
Really though I consider you to be one of the better players. I had this thought on Paragon too before I knew who your main was. And I am buddying you, just not nefariously :3

I don't get why my Luca push changed your read.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Churros huh, I was hoping for a pizza vendor.
Anyways Welcome Charro

Supposing what Churro said it is true then Churro or Rhul could be scum. This is, of course, playing outguess the Mod which can be fun but is 99.99 percent dumb. I guess I should
avoid it. Speaking of Can Rhul confirm that you are a mason with Churro/

Math
When do you plan to get to answering your list?

Taly thanks for the reminder..i get easily distracted. I will try to ISO by the next time I post
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1254, Churros wrote:
In post 1251, Paragon wrote:I do find Taly's nonchalant reaction to being scumread in this way odd - I expected more frustration/outrage I guess.
I found it unexpected but it wasn't until you properly put it down that I realized it.

He seemed a lot more fiery with you/pops back there but to be intellectually honest he wouldn't be high on energy/mood at this moment from the looks of it.
I am pretty sure Taly doesn't like me :(
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1269, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1254, Churros wrote:

I am pretty sure Taly doesn't like me :(
sigh
, did you read ? :/ please stop this.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

omg i can't stop laughing
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

not @ you taly
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

you can like someone and not like someone at the same time, it's complicated
I don't think you have the right enzymes to my playstyle
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Ame »

Life is better when you're laughing!