mini 2126: the game is OVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:54 am

Post by PenguinPower »

:shifty:
<(") | (")>
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:12 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Auro where are your reads currently at
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Auro »

From my mind:

{Comical}
{OkaPoka, Luna}
{Penguin, Dannfloor}
{Clidd}
--Null--
{RCEnigma, Eddie Cane}
{Alchemist, iDanyBoi}
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Auro »

Purely individual equities and I don't think all scum are below the null line, still waiting to complete engagement on some slots etc. -> Alchemist and Comical are both strong reads.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Nothing about Auro’s reaction to my push on him has made me feel better about him.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Dannflor »

Where/when did I suddenly jump to towny for people? Specifically you Auro?

I'm not ignoring your question by the way, I'm just back to genuinely unsure of what to think of you right now and trying to figure that out first.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

Also, I'd be interested in your clidd read.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 843, Dannflor wrote:I think Auro is more likely to be town now, for the record.
Not like your ISO is that big - so?
Luna Fox read drops.
Clidd read outdated.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Auro »

Oh you mean you being towny for me - note that you're not a strong tier of townread. You get weak townread merely from recognising me being town, I could totes be wrong about you given your relative lack of engagement with the game.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1154, Alchemist21 wrote:Nothing about Auro’s reaction to my push on him has made me feel better about him.
Well, my reaction to your push was a tunnel on you I'm not really moving off of, which seems like an approved method of scumhunting from you, so ;)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Auro »

It's mildly frustrating that Comical didn't check me last night - considering Boon himself gets paranoid of me a lot, and I seem to get pushed on bad reasoning merely because I have more content and it's easier to find reasons to scumread me (woo, WF all over again!). Sigh. :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 772, Alchemist21 wrote:If it really was just because you don't have much experience with FB, then fine I'm wrong.
So your initial premise is defeated (feel free to verify my lack of major experience with Fire): can you explain your scumread on me now?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I had Auro as lock town very early in WF. I think he is scum here.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

if auro is scum and is trying to buddy me ill just sit here and do nothing
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1161, Auro wrote:
In post 772, Alchemist21 wrote:If it really was just because you don't have much experience with FB, then fine I'm wrong.
So your initial premise is defeated (feel free to verify my lack of major experience with Fire): can you explain your scumread on me now?
Your discussion with me and push on me feels like you just want me to stop scumreading you and not like you actually tried to sort me. You fluffed up our discussion with questions that weren’t really relevant and with everyone scumreading you, not just me, you put a lot of focus into trying to invalidate the reasons people are scumreading you.

And by the way my initial premise isn’t defeated because the important parts don’t require you to have experience with Firebringer. What you quoted is just my admission that I could be wrong and you’re telling the truth but I have yet to see posts from you that show me that you’re approaching this situation with a Town mindset rather than a scum one.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1162, Eddie Cane wrote:I had Auro as lock town very early in WF. I think he is scum here.
Okay - is this a serious read?
Would you BoP yourself on this read?
Explain your process of reading me.
In post 1163, OkaPoka wrote:if auro is scum and is trying to buddy me ill just sit here and do nothing
If
I'm scum... listing you as a townread is "buddying" you?
This is lazy play, OkaPoka. A lot of people seem to be sitting here doing nothing; I expected more from this playerlist.
In post 1164, Alchemist21 wrote: Your discussion with me and push on me feels like you just want me to stop scumreading you and not like you actually tried to sort me. You fluffed up our discussion with questions that weren’t really relevant and with everyone scumreading you, not just me,
you put a lot of focus into trying to invalidate the reasons people are scumreading you

And by the way my initial premise isn’t defeated because the important parts don’t require you to have experience with Firebringer. What you quoted is just my admission that I could be wrong and you’re telling the truth but I have yet to see posts from you that show me that you’re approaching this situation with a Town mindset rather than a scum one.
Spoiler:
In post 355, Espeonage wrote:The point I am making is that there is a right way to ask about suspicion on yourself, and just asking and getting ammo on how to fix it and be town read is not the way to do it. That is why I am scum reading Auro. All of the mentality stuff I am reading in Auro's posts reads to me as working out how to be town read not how to convince others of their own reads to work with others. This isn't even town ego either which I would admit is probably townie despite being a shithouse way to play the game that I am a hypocrite for calling out.

The entirety of my reasoning is
Auro cares more about being town read than finding scum
In post 413, Cephrir wrote:Personally the major reason for my scumread on you is becoming
the focus on defense
, the "you CAN'T scumread me for X!" mindset that reminds me of
scum caught for the wrong reason
In post 325, KittyMo wrote:I think my main problem with Auro at this point is that the way he responds to pressure tends to give me "
caught for the wrong reasons
" vibes.
In post 3037, Formerfish wrote:Because when you dont get an answer you like in here you make us appeal to our teammates. Its like when you get a no from mom and you go to dad knowing he is going to say yes.

We are the ones playing this game. We are the ones who have read every post and know all the nuances of the slots relationships.

You're asking us to reach out to a disinterested to semi-interested partner who hasnt read everything and is going to have a lower starting base of knowledge
in hopes that they tr you and can call us off you

Spoilered is a collection of quotes from different people regarding my play from a specific game. Guess my alignment.
Then, think about whether the behaviour in question (my "self-defense") is different from that game.
Yes, I do focus on debating reasons people scumread me for. I search for legitimacy in their pushes. I use that to decide if the person is making stuff up, or is honestly scumreading me. Additionally, I reason with them to move off me so they can follow me on my own scumreads.
This is my town mindset and I've established that
as town
in previous games - do you believe it's anti-town? If so, we can have a discussion about that.
Otherwise, this specific behaviour is NAI; I look forward to your re-evaluation. Otherwise, answer this - how do you differentiate between town!Auro trying to sort a made-up read by debating it, versus scum!Auro trying to get people off, etc?
Which question(s) of mine specifically were irrelevant? I can easily show you how every answer of yours helped in the sorting process.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Auro »

I would propose that unless you have strong reasons for scumreading me, I'm a bad lynch this game almost exclusively because I'm being active and engaging.
I happily encourage cop checks on me tonight.
No, this is not a case of "scum who's trying to delay their lynch and wants to prevent the cops from figuring out their partners". :P
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Ok Auro. Those WF quotes are enough for me to give you some breathing room here.

UNVOTE: Auro
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Auro »

Huh, wasn't expecting that. :P
Thoughts on Dann, Luna?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1165, Auro wrote:Okay - is this a serious read?
Would you BoP yourself on this read?
Explain your process of reading me.
That I think you're scum? Mildly
No.
In WF, I (via Dann) spoke up to defend you early day 1 and throughout the game. I felt strongly you were town, even when you had a 3 town wagon. This game, I have not got any town pings from your content.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Auro »

What gave you town pings in that game?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

You felt town. Don't have more than that, sorry.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Auro »

So I just don't "feel" town, and it's a mild read.
You don't have *any* stronger scumreads this game?
Why is it not a better idea to have a cop check me tonight?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Correct.
Correct. I think this has been an incredibly uninteresting game, and I have very few town as well.
Because the mafia could be doctors, you seem to very strongly want to be checked which indicates you'd be a doctor, and these are weak questions.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1152, Auro wrote:{Comical}
{OkaPoka, Luna}
{Penguin, Dannfloor}
{Clidd}
--Null--
{RCEnigma, Eddie Cane}
{Alchemist, iDanyBoi}
Also, I think having Comical as the townier of the gunsmiths is absurd. Especially with him being your top town and RCE being a scum lean.