Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Taly »

Hey, I might not get to all the ISOs in time.

I'm not in a good headspace right now. I feel very powerless IRL and while I enjoy the stimulation of mafia, I need to lower my effort for a bit so I can become grounded.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:31 am

Post by NDMath »

The more I put off contributing to this game the harder it becomes.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Can you explain your reads a bit more?

Particularly your scumreads and your progression on Tom.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:41 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 1252, Churros wrote:@Pops

To be fair I didn't think much of NDmath slot until mostly the read list thing, but my mind was on Taly/Fuzzy way early and that post didn't make me want to switch main focus.

By suspicious do you mean you're suspicious I'm like, trying to distract from the NDmath wagon or something?

I know this is super self-conscious but I do think the chance of NDmath flipping scum is decent and I'm actually gonna be disappointed if I get tied to him because I'm pursuing Taly right now.

Especially given that by my read list it's not difficult to see one of my solves would be something like [Fuzzy/Taly/Math]. At the moment I don't want to risk going for what I see a lower odd/reward lynch though...

If it's for another reason you don't trust me it's ok. kinda?
Can you explain how that is "super self-conscious" since I don't follow.
Luca Blight wrote:Can you explain your reads a bit more?

He's the type of player I struggle to play with, as in end up scunreading each other and disagree with principles. I wasn't posting thoughts related to this, but the town read grew as I realized this was the case. They also had a string of posts which were another big change in the read, which now I really need to find. Also when I scumread paragon more they had moved closer to null because the two don't really work as w/w.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:49 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 1172, Luca Blight wrote:I also find Math’s lack of development on Paragon scum indicative. The fact Paragon is at the bottom of his pile justifies his sitting on a vanity wagon without seeming too opportunistic of the more lynchable slot. At the same time he is scumleaning those lynchable slots, meaning he can ‘compromise’ on them at any time without being held accountable for their green flip (because he wanted a Paragon lynch).

And the reasons for SR’ing Paragon are really bad. There is clearly at least a possible (imo probable) Town motive behind Paragon’s questioning/suspicion of Taly, and his other reason is entirely vague, which we’ll see if he can elaborate on.
He wasn't a vanity wagon when I had joined it. Now wagons are me/fuzzy/pops, I don't really want to switch to fuzzy by interactions, and pops is only at 2 so I can hold out for paragon wagon to come back for a bit longer.
Define "lynchable slot" because I think that fits more players than not under the definition you're using.
I'm struggling with expressing reads in a convincing form. (Guess that's an excuse oops)
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I really want to hear more about your Paragon SR.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:59 am

Post by Blake Belladonna »

Luca Blight, how do you approach the game as either alignment?
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:59 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 1212, Churros wrote:Pops would you be up to changing votes to Taly?

In fact I don't feel good asking people to change from NDmath because the more he posts the scummier he looks, and if he flips scum everyone is gonna be on my ass, but I'm tickling to get a wagon on Taly.
I really don't get how you think we look w/w?

Luca Blight wrote:I really want to hear more about your Paragon SR.
In the last several pages he has been just trying to hold a storyline together, putting an "I agree with this" or "Glad someone understands" whenever someone posts something which matches his storyline. That is not how a townie plays. He's become a spectator merely cheering on people who are saying what he wants them to, not saying anything of his own besides reasonless readlists.

The readlists aren't helpful and push for anything.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Luca Blight »

What did you mean when you said he’s doing what you normally do as scum?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1506, Blake Belladonna wrote:Luca Blight, how do you approach the game as either alignment?
As Town I try and stay grounded. As scum it depends on the game before me.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1503, NDMath wrote:

To be fair I didn't think much of NDmath slot until mostly the read list thing, but my mind was on Taly/Fuzzy way early and that post didn't make me want to switch main focus.

By suspicious do you mean you're suspicious I'm like, trying to distract from the NDmath wagon or something?

I know this is super self-conscious but I do think the chance of NDmath flipping scum is decent and I'm actually gonna be disappointed if I get tied to him because I'm pursuing Taly right now.

Especially given that by my read list it's not difficult to see one of my solves would be something like [Fuzzy/Taly/Math]. At the moment I don't want to risk going for what I see a lower odd/reward lynch though...

He's the type of player I struggle to play with, as in end up scunreading each other and disagree with principles. I wasn't posting thoughts related to this, but the town read grew as I realized this was the case. They also had a string of posts which were another big change in the read, which now I really need to find. Also when I scumread paragon more they had moved closer to null because the two don't really work as w/w.
Can I ask what you mean by disagree with principles?
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1478, Taly wrote:It's hard to measure this game to normal D1's as we still have 4 days left and we're nearing 1500 posts.

We're not overly chatty and shitposting, either.

A lot of slots have content to parse and people are consistent.

So I don't know.
Eyestott
, how do you feel about
Ame
being OK going to lylo with you because the statement fucked with my brain very hard.
With 5 1/2 replacements it can get a little hard to follow too.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1490, Taly wrote:Actually, this is a VERY good question and I want an answer to this.
Mine includes Robb's posts. But I don't think that Robb did anything particularly AI. I think he was fixing to get locked into a tunnel on Paragon and am happy he switched his vote to Pops. I say that last bit because that could have put a lot of stress on the game, not because I'm just happy that he switched off of Paragon and onto Pops -- I disagreed with that as a game play. But the slot overall took a dive with NDMath's entrance, although I need to take a closer look at NDMath's most recent posts.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:38 am

Post by Churros »

In post 1321, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 1249, Churros wrote:My energy for mafia is too low this night already, I'll come back later.

By the way Yshtar I know you love wagons and seems to think math is towny for some reason so...

wink wink

killing woopers is a fun sport
You do a poor job of hiding yourself.
In post 1350, nomnomnom wrote:Yshtola Rhul has asked me to be replaced with her own alt, Blake
Gold.

About the two replacements I find both equally silly, Wisp was being dramatic but Ame did no wrong, no reason to replace out. I liked Ame, that's a shame.

It would be great if the mod could give us 1 or 2 deadline days to make up for so many replacements.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Churros »

Blake, I could settle on Fuzzy for today but what if I tell you I'm getting a deja-vu on your strong TR in Taly? Not budging?

Look at associatives between Fuzzy x Taly that I talked about. Not even a finger of self-doubt?
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Churros »

In post 1507, NDMath wrote:

In fact I don't feel good asking people to change from NDmath because the more he posts the scummier he looks, and if he flips scum everyone is gonna be on my ass, but I'm tickling to get a wagon on Taly.
I've better reasons to think most other slots are town?

There's another reason as well but if Taly really is scum I've no intention of helping them out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1495, Taly wrote:I just towncased two widely suspected lynch targets
Y'shtola/Blake
and
Fuzzy
. Both of them scumread each other, and are the FEW people with HONEST townreads/mixed-reads on me.

I have two people with incredibly opposing read views on me
NDMath
says I'm town,
Churros
- a replacement, is hardpushing me as sucm.

Majority of the town is focused on suspecting me but not quite resolving me. My impact this game is incredibly hot/cold (cold for the longer period of time) as half of the plist has dominated this thread.
(Luca/Ame (replaced out)/Paragon/Pops/Taly)

I still have 9 more ISOs to go I think? We got 4 days.
So what do you want ME to do? Just give feedback on your cases?

I hate long cases, fwiw. I believe that if you have 20 different points that all support the same conclusion, they are probably mostly confirmation bias, and you can boil it down to the 3 or 4 really relevant ones. Of course, doing ISO's is different from that, but I think it's unreasonable to expect everyone to read and process all that, especially if you do one for every single slot. You should pick out the few key things you want to discuss for each person.
Shame on a martyr claiming friends
From either perspective of &
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 am

I haven't read anything yet, by the way. I'm not sure if I'm going to or not.
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Taly »

I'm not telling you to do anything
S_S
, I'm telling you the current gamestate from my POV and I want to see where you take that.

And my
"towncases"
for
Blake/Fuzzy
aren't boring, unreadable towncases... they're ISOs, and I point out each post that makes me think there COULD be scum motivation, too. Those ISOs are me reconciling a read even when I don't have an instant, confident grasp on the read prior. I just did
Fuzzy/Blake
first since they were of the recent wagons, and I outline that I have no intention to lynch there.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:55 am

Well, what would you like me to do? You did say you wanted my help.
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1512, Aloratom wrote:
In post 1490, Taly wrote:Actually, this is a VERY good question and I want an answer to this.
Mine includes Robb's posts. But I don't think that Robb did anything particularly AI. I think he was fixing to get locked into a tunnel on Paragon and am happy he switched his vote to Pops. I say that last bit because that could have put a lot of stress on the game, not because I'm just happy that he switched off of Paragon and onto Pops -- I disagreed with that as a game play.
But the slot overall took a dive with NDMath's entrance, although I need to take a closer look at NDMath's most recent posts.
Yeah, we need more dialogue on the
NDMath's
scumreads.
Something_Smart wrote:Well, what would you like me to do? You did say you wanted my help.
Well, if you have time, I'd like you to review my ISOs on those 2.

You can also ISO or read-into
NDMath
and
Pops
since they're also suspected.

Or you can look into
Churros
who is the second newest replacement to see how he gathered a grasp of this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:12 am

In post 1347, Taly wrote:Major Insight
Tbh at this moment, Y'shtola only makes sense as scum if she has AT LEAST ONE PARTNER in {Luca/Ame/Pops/Paragon} by 1007's post and the consistent suspicion on her from the more active players to be bus-minded. But then again, I think Y'shtola is town based off what I'm seeing, so this is just a boundary on the realities I can see her as scum.

I don't know, Y'shtola being scum in a reality that's not like the above... like bravo, how the fuck can this be faked? I want to be challenged on this.
Let's talk about this then. Can you explain it in a bit more depth? Where did that list come from?
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Aloratom »

Tbh at this moment, Y'shtola only makes sense as scum if she has AT LEAST ONE PARTNER in {Luca/Ame/Pops/Paragon} by 1007's post and the consistent suspicion on her from the more active players to be bus-minded. But then again, I think Y'shtola is town based off what I'm seeing, so this is just a boundary on the realities I can see her as scum.

I don't know, Y'shtola being scum in a reality that's not like the above... like bravo, how the fuck can this be faked? I want to be challenged on this.
Let's talk about this then. Can you explain it in a bit more depth? Where did that list come from?[/quote]

Are you talking about the partner list of {Luca/Ame/Pops/Paragon}? Because I'm wondering about that too. I think Y'shtola can be read scum independently.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1521, Something_Smart wrote:

Let's talk about this then. Can you explain it in a bit more depth? Where did that list come from?
Let me try this again.

Are you talking about the partner list of {Luca/Ame/Pops/Paragon}? Because I'm wondering about that too. I think Y'shtola can be read scum independently.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:17 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 1515, Churros wrote:
In post 1507, NDMath wrote:

I've better reasons to think most other slots are town?

There's another reason as well but if Taly really is scum I've no intention of helping them out.
You answered my question with a question which does not address my question.
To clarify, I'm asking why you think the two of us look like scum teammates.
Aloratom wrote:
In post 1503, NDMath wrote:

Can I ask what you mean by disagree with principles?
Disagree on basic stuff like "what is protown?", "what is inherently scummy?", "when is wifom used?" and similar stuff which apply to all games and many situations in those games.