mini 2126: the game is OVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Like i'd expect Auro with PP trying to make that exact move and then bring it up to me who is tunneling on PP to make me stop the tunnel, and even then that seems a stretch, idk.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i notice that flavor leaf has a tendency to step on the gas pedal when called out, or perhaps in situations of high stress / tension. i first noticed this on page 22, around — we see a big step up in his posting, and he goes from his previous more relaxed style more into his hyperactive style that people recognize him as FL with. this happens shortly after eddie notes that he appears to be talking to clidd as if he knows he's town, and dann votes him.

it it an outrageous hypothesis to suggest that it was something recent happening that triggered the current string of posting? or is it just a factor of him returning to the thread with lots to catch up on?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Comical »

In post 2775, Luna Fox wrote:Like i'd expect Auro with PP trying to make that exact move and then bring it up to me who is tunneling on PP to make me stop the tunnel, and even then that seems a stretch, idk.
Well NSG is just obv scum from the posts I’ve done today
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Comical »

I come and i go, sometimes i don’t play for days and then i come back

You asked for the boon to come, and i came
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

could you summarize why you consider me to be obviously scum?

things fall apart
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2759, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 2751, Something_Smart wrote:What makes you think he isn't gambiting Alch?
I know the guilty isn't real. If he's Town doing this that's even worse, but there's been so much other stuff from him that I'm pretty sure he's just scum.
Why is me behaving as though I have a guilty such bad town play? Please explain :D
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Auro »

Like I haven't even said I have one lol. I neither confirmed nor denied it ;)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Auro »

NSG, please answer my question about why it's a bad idea to check you.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2776, northsidegal wrote:i notice that flavor leaf has a tendency to step on the gas pedal when called out, or perhaps in situations of high stress / tension
And would you say this is AI? Does Boon not do the same (getting hyperactive when called out) as town, too?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2782, Auro wrote:NSG, please answer my question about why it's a bad idea to check you.
oh sorry, forgot about that.

first and foremost, i already know that i'm town. someone checking me does not help me solve the game in the slightest, and so i think it's natural that i would rather people i'm uncertain about be checked.

on a more meta level, i think few would disagree with the statement that my town game is noticeably distinct from my scumgame. and so if there are people whose town and scumgames are harder to tell apart, i think it's logical to say that mechanical checks are better used on them.

finally (and this is perhaps the weakest point), i think that i have already played fairly towny this game, and even if someone does not think so so far, if i survive to another day phase i think it will be more likely that they do given that amount of time. (that might've been worded poorly, but i hope i got the gist across)
In post 2783, Auro wrote:
In post 2776, northsidegal wrote:i notice that flavor leaf has a tendency to step on the gas pedal when called out, or perhaps in situations of high stress / tension
And would you say this is AI? Does Boon not do the same (getting hyperactive when called out) as town, too?
i didn't say that he's doing it as scum. i don't know if it's alignment indicative. it's just something that i noticed.

i will say that i think flavor is playing fairly anti-town at the moment.

things fall apart
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Comical »

I’m playing very pro town
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2780, Auro wrote:
In post 2759, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 2751, Something_Smart wrote:What makes you think he isn't gambiting Alch?
I know the guilty isn't real. If he's Town doing this that's even worse, but there's been so much other stuff from him that I'm pretty sure he's just scum.
Why is me behaving as though I have a guilty such bad town play? Please explain :D
It's the same as faking the guilty. There is not distinction between the 2; you want everyone to think you have a guilty when you don't.
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Comical »

Also, it doesn’t matter if you think you’ve played a townie game, that’s not townie

Scum play townie games.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2784, northsidegal wrote:first and foremost, i already know that i'm town. someone checking me does not help me solve the game in the slightest, and so i think it's natural that i would rather people i'm uncertain about be checked.
But on the other hand, you are probably above average here in your ability to solve the game, so you need the help less than the rest of us.
Shame on a martyr claiming friends
From either perspective of &
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Cry when it hurts, laugh when it's funny.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by Auro »

You've also admitted that one of the only things you have left to prove on this site is that you're capable as scum. That implies you would put in serious effort to win as scum now, thus voiding readability to an extent.

It's fine if you don't answer this, but can you point me to why your play has been fairly towny?
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Comical »

Also, I’m the main one who is uncertain about NSG, how is that at all a bad check then?

I’m not uncertain about the other players.

I think NSG is scum, I’m not gonna check who they want me to
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2786, Alchemist21 wrote:It's the same as faking the guilty. There is not distinction between the 2; you want everyone to think you have a guilty when you don't.
I've explicitly admitted that I may or may not. I did want you to believe I have one, though.

Even then, I fail to see why it's bad townplay to soft a guilty and look at how the game progresses. Do explain why that's anti-town. :P
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2792, Auro wrote:
In post 2786, Alchemist21 wrote:It's the same as faking the guilty. There is not distinction between the 2; you want everyone to think you have a guilty when you don't.
I've explicitly admitted that I may or may not. I did want you to believe I have one, though.

Even then, I fail to see why it's bad townplay to soft a guilty and look at how the game progresses. Do explain why that's anti-town. :P
1.) It can cause PRs to out early.

2.) It can lead to a double mislynch (first the person claimed to be guilty, followed by the person claiming it).
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2788, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2784, northsidegal wrote:first and foremost, i already know that i'm town. someone checking me does not help me solve the game in the slightest, and so i think it's natural that i would rather people i'm uncertain about be checked.
But on the other hand, you are probably above average here in your ability to solve the game, so you need the help less than the rest of us.
in the first place i wouldn't necessarily agree to that, but wouldn't a non-me check help you just as much as it would help me, assuming the check also wasn't on you?
In post 2790, Auro wrote:You've also admitted that one of the only things you have left to prove on this site is that you're capable as scum. That implies you would put in serious effort to win as scum now, thus voiding readability to an extent.
not in the slightest does that "void readability". understand this: i
always
put effort into scum. if you think that i didn't in team mafia, you don't understand the strategy me and my team were going for, ill-conceived as it may have been. effort does not always translate to results, especially when it comes to me playing scum.

here's what i'm not saying: that i'm incompetent at scum no matter how hard i try. here's what i am saying: there is no switch that i can flick and suddenly have a radically different scumgame. thinking that i wasn't putting effort into scum before and am now and thus cannot be read the same way is... well, it's a little insulting, but mostly the idea that i don't put effort in bothers me.
It's fine if you don't answer this, but can you point me to why your play has been fairly towny?
meh. i don't like turning things too much into the nsg show where i talk about myself a ton, but sure i guess.

things fall apart
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2561, Alchemist21 wrote:I didn't get the sense you had a guilty on me at any point.
So I was driving you crazy just because I scumread you and would case you later?

You're assuming that I don't retract the guilty (if it is false) before L-1 + claim. If the guilty is false, your assumptions only apply if I get you to claim and mislynch you with the guilty claim.

Not
if I retract it before that happens, which I obviously would do if I was faking.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2794, northsidegal wrote:not in the slightest does that "void readability". understand this: i always put effort into scum. if you think that i didn't in team mafia, you don't understand the strategy me and my team were going for, ill-conceived as it may have been. effort does not always translate to results, especially when it comes to me playing scum.

here's what i'm not saying: that i'm incompetent at scum no matter how hard i try. here's what i am saying: there is no switch that i can flick and suddenly have a radically different scumgame. thinking that i wasn't putting effort into scum before and am now and thus cannot be read the same way is... well, it's a little insulting, but mostly the idea that i don't put effort in bothers me.
Apologies if that was insulting! I'm not implying that you don't put effort, and I'm not informing myself from Team Mafia.

My point is that you'll be placing special, focused effort as scum now, more than you have as scum in the past. You would care more now to win as scum, than in the past.

I'm not calling you incompetent. I'm not saying you don't effort as scum. I'm saying it'll be significantly more now.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Auro »

Oka, why were you trying to threaten me into voting Eddie? What were you intending to get from that?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

a vote on eddie cane

what kind of question is that
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2794, northsidegal wrote:meh. i don't like turning things too much into the nsg show where i talk about myself a ton, but sure i guess.
I promise I won't engage on that. I'm okay with just hearing what you think.

I will gladly talk about me - do you find me explicitly scummy? Am I your most preferred lynch at this point?