mini 2126: the game is OVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i just want someone to project confidence on a rigid solve ;-;
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 3747, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3743, northsidegal wrote:is this the metric you're using to decide how much you want to lynch me or not? how much you like my "solve" after all this information?
stop making me feel so bad pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasfsdfasdfsadfasdfasdfadsf

this is why i hate being townread uashd;fasdf
i honestly just want to hear why you still think i could be scum – you still haven't responded despite me asking a few times and reminding you of a few of the most recent game we played together.
In post 3750, OkaPoka wrote:i just want someone to project confidence on a rigid solve ;-;
it's comforting to follow someone you think you can trust when they project confidence, but i think the truth of the matter (and especially in mafia games) is that that projected confidence is rarely likely to be warranted. there's nothing wrong with embracing uncertainty.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

PEER PRESSURE NSG ITS PEER PRESSURE
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by northsidegal »

the next time flavor or anyone else puts forward a compelling
narrative
of someone's dastardly plot as scum and not any actual
explanation
, you should remind yourself that stories are just stories and hold no predictive power.

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 3749, northsidegal wrote:
In post 3746, Eddie Cane wrote:I can say the same thing though, right? Act incredulous you haven't found me as town? Your argument that we haven't played together a ton goes both ways, and I have provided lots of content to read in the latter half of day 2. I haven't seen any progression in that, granted you haven't voted me. I was encouraging Dann to lynch you over my other scum read FF in WF because giving you a day pass is stupid just because you're a good player if I am confident you're scum. In this game, I do not have that killer urge, but I also don't think you've done anything that I can check box as townie and would say I overall lean scum on you.
the difference between me and you eddie is that i am considered by many if not most to be among the easiest people to read on the site with a literally laughably bad scumgame and you are considered to be the exact opposite. you yourself think this and i know that you do.
On one hand, I am generally considered very hard to read (I think the only single person who has ever called me an easy read is RC, who has not had one instance of town reading me other than one normal game several years ago where I was scum (rip transcend), so sure. But on the other hand, I think people consider my town game worse than it is, because I'm often roleplaying a toxic shitter in games (what can I say I like insulting people lmfao) and people associate dislike with poor play.

The key part is, though, that as you said, we have not played together many times. I wanted to murder you in WFand murdered you via Dann. I am not voting you despite you being the largest wagon and my scum strategy of kill good players and win, so that alone should probably be town points for me from your point of view I think? I think your analysis of my NK meta should have brought you to town Eddie, and it didn't. I think I've been pretty transparent in trying to develop a read on you this game, because I feel like you should be easy to sort. And most of your comments have been generally "why aren't you town reading me wtf", "not AI setup stuff", and the like, other than your first bout.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

now i can;t exactly piece together why you would be scum but i cant exactly piece together why you would be town either other than you haven't flaked out on us yet

id just feel incredibly awful if town lost to scum you because in that case 90% of the blame is on me because im the most vocal player on this list who isn't pursuing a lynch on you and i hold decent power in the sense that people legimately townread me and even luna is following me
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

We are looking at most likely 2 scum in {NSG, Auro, Alch, SS, Dany}. So it should be almost 50% to hit. Alch Auro probably has one, and SS Dany NSG the other, though could be two in the latter group. Oka and Luna are the towniest slots I think and should probably pick the lynch.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i dont want to be townread anymore
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Shut up and lead a mislynch on me
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm getting increasingly strong gut pings RCE slot is actually just scum, btw.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

an rce lynch today would make me much more comfortable

doing anything to the nsg slot just makes me so uncomfortable like asdf3120d
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 3754, Eddie Cane wrote:The key part is, though, that as you said, we have not played together many times. I wanted to murder you in WFand murdered you via Dann. I am not voting you despite you being the largest wagon and my scum strategy of kill good players and win, so that alone should probably be town points for me from your point of view I think?

you not voting me right this very instant means very little when you scumread me and i presume would vote me were my wagon to get to viability with your vote.
I think your analysis of my NK meta should have brought you to town Eddie, and it didn't.
my analysis of your nightkill meta was that you first consider the danger that individual players pose before considering roles. i know that you respect flavor a lot but apart from that the firebringer kill isn't particularly out of line with what i expect from you. i don't consider something like "he's too fun and i'd never kill him" to be particularly compelling. and, i mean, if the only reason you wouldn't have killed firebringer as scum is that he's too fun even if he was the best kill, i would almost consider that playing against wincon?
I think I've been pretty transparent in trying to develop a read on you this game, because I feel like you should be easy to sort. And most of your comments have been generally "why aren't you town reading me wtf", "not AI setup stuff", and the like, other than your first bout.
if you mean most of my comments towards you, i have little to say except that this is undoubtedly a reductionist view. if you mean most of my comments in this game in general, i'd say that this is an incredibly
inaccurate
view, and also still be quite surprised that you would need such from me to get an accurate read.

honestly eddie, i think that a lot of people and especially you could read me based on just the
visuals
of my posts alone, forget the content – if i was playing a game entirely in russian, or something. if you couldn't even
read
what i was saying, but you could still see how my posts were structured and what my paragraphs looked like and the timing of everything, i still think my towngame would be easily distinguishable from my scumgame. this game is already visually distinguishable from what i think my last scumgame was (before white flag i mean, but that as well).

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 3761, northsidegal wrote:you not voting me right this very instant means very little when you scumread me and i presume would vote me were my wagon to get to viability with your vote.
You are at 3 or 4 votes, with several more fosing. Your wagon is plenty viable.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

nsg do you know what worries me the most here

its that you are so plenty aware of what makes you scummy and its such a surface level correction that this is the game you flip the switched

sdnaof903jfdaosdfjerkodf

i just dont want to get shoshin'd
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

i wonder how bad i am for wanting to just say fuck mechanics and lynch Nero
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by northsidegal »

how many assumptions and "never done before but could be done" exceptions do you have to make to rationalize me being scum? how many for me being town?

picture in your mind the image of "nsg replacing into a scumslot". imagine what it looks like to you. does it pattern match to this game? how many of those assumptions do you have to make?

now do it for "nsg replacing into a townslot". does it match this game more closely? i think that it should.

hypotheses that require too many assumptions to even be viable deserve a complexity penalty to how probable they are.

things fall apart
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

NSG IS NERO SCUM

BOON IS NERO SCUM
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

nsg you have nero as a top scum right, nothign changed?

boon you too?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

k...i'm pretty sick of this day and will hammer anything that gets in hammer range.
<(") | (")>
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

there is no switch.
there is no switch, and if there were i certainly would have "flipped" it long ago, rather than replace out once more to the shame of furthering my reputation as a garbage scum player.

things fall apart
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

nsg you scumread nero right
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 3767, OkaPoka wrote:nsg you have nero as a top scum right, nothign changed?

boon you too?
i don't townread him but i would prefer to lynch among the VT claims for today. that's eddie, auro, or idany, if i recall correctly.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

alchemist too actually, but i would rather not lynch him.

things fall apart
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

okay ignore mechanics

by play

rcenigma/nero cain scum equity thoughts?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3774 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I don't know if NSG agrees, but to me, to be considered one of the best players of all time you need to be good at both alignments. NSG has reached top town levels, but she lacks in the other department, so
In post 3769, northsidegal wrote:
there is no switch.
there is no switch, and if there were i certainly would have "flipped" it long ago, rather than replace out once more to the shame of furthering my reputation as a garbage scum player.
To Oka: This is probably true, because if NSG wanted to get a scum win to cement her legacy (as she alluded to in this game), Team Mafia was the stage to do it in. This random meme game (at least d1 due to some idiot lolhammering) in a replace in is probably not.

So, if this is normally out of NSG's scum range to you, you should consider her town.
However
for me at least, its way easier to create content as either alignment after repping in. So I have not gotten there on NSG.