mini 2126: the game is OVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Comical »

NSG isn’t a bad player, so her scum game isn’t like bad, she just gets caught. She knows how to play as scum, as does RCE, they just are likely unsure of themselves in the situation.

I also think that’s being played up a lot here
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4196, Luna Fox wrote:I mean, i said i could lynch anyone outside of that without regrets, I can still lynch inside if being persuaded by a reasonable enough reason.
"NSG magically became a good scum player" isnt a reasonable enough reason.
"NSG would've been lynched already if she was town" is reasonably better, but that depends on knowing what the heck scum is doing right now, without flips that's hard to determine.
I'm currently trying to figure out what makes the most sense as a course of action which gives us the biggest chance of lynching scum.
To answer your question is "yes, if none of the above happens"
gotcha. (if it means anything to you, "nsg would be lynched already as town" is the opposite of true – i have been lynched less than a handful of times
ever
as town, and only once beyond my first few games. on the other hand, my time alive as scum tends to be limited, as does the strength of how much i fight my lynch. nacho actually once put together a very nice meta case about me when he was lynching me when i was scum.)
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Like sorry this is being hard for me because im being pulled by my townreads to vote my townreads and me having a headache isnt helping.
I'm just gonna sleep.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

here it was. i lost the game obviously, but nacho at work is really something to see.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
NSG Meta Tell #1:

*Out of 36 completed town games, NSG has only been mislynched three times, which is an excellent record. I would argue that most people who are difficult to mislynch are the types of people who dig their heels in and fight hard when confronted with the possibility of their own lynch. NSG is most certainly one of those people, but she hasn't displayed that quality here.

For example, take Partition Mafia. NSG opened the game up with a ton of lurking, but, when it looked likelier and likelier that she would be lynched, stepped up her game in a huge way. She's clearly rattled when voted incorrectly in mafia games (which is a common trait), and that means that when she's voted in games as town it tends to increase her emotional investment in games, resulting in posts like these:
In post 2355, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2353, Kokichi Oma wrote:You're not unvoting group 3 after I said it was a scumclaim from my opinion, so why should I listen to yours?
YOU NEVER EXPLAINED WHY IT WAS A SCUMCLAIM.
In post 2356, northsidegal wrote:kokichi - i have been doing nohting but asking you to talk things over. if you are town, you are playing like utter trash making that vote right now.
Now, I know that it's not fair to expect her to get angry every time she's approaching a lynch, but a major problem I had with NSG's play before today is that she just felt listless the whole way through - now she's about to get lynched and be a major part of town losing the game, but there's no significant change in her play: she still feels flat, and she isn't focused on helping the town solve the game after her lynch (she'd argue that she's just waiting for me or waiting for someone else, but I find that bullshit - she has a full game to analyze and the best she can give for scumsuspects is her shallow scumread on Rampage and her nonread on me, don't think it's unreasonable to ask her to produce more than that).

The other thing that stands out to me is the fact that she continues gamesolving while she goes down the whole time, AND there are more depth to her reads. For example, take her read on Scioness here: it's "Scioness is town because of meta", and then no doubt, no paranoia, nothing. She has a similarly strong townread on Wisdom in Partition Mafia, but even then, she still considers reasons why he could be scum (as in here). Her scumreads are more nebulous due to the nature of the game, but it's clear that she's trying to talk to her townreads about what she thinks the best lynch and that she's trying hard to guide the town to a win - I don't get that sense at all here.

Similar response to being lynched here - is upset that people don't see her as obvtown as shit, starts to suspect people for pushes on her who she expects to know her better - this one is a little weird because there's a plan to win the game in place and I don't actually understand where her lynch came from at all...?

Her play here is pretty much exactly what I expect - after clawing out of her mislynch D1 (predecessor was suspected), there's great scumhunting vs RC (the scum spearheading her push as she goes down), strong emotional investment almost instantly, fights it all the way down.

Contrast that with Micro 792; she gets a bit frustrated at Mathdino for reasons that aren't "I'm obviously town and this lynch is horrible", and argues with him as she goes down but it's much more going through the motions (like it is here), and the strong sense of her scumhunting as she goes down and trying to guide the town in the right direction just isn't there.

things fall apart
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Comical »

@Luna - she’s 9th highest poster out of 11.

She isn’t that active either.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

hahaha, i am the ninth highest poster because i replaced into this game weeks after you all started it.

things fall apart
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Comical »

The self awareness. :/

Plus, i don’t even know if that necessarily applies.

I feel like I haven’t been pushed at all by NSG, and she seems to see me in every single one of her solves, but I didn’t know that until recently, so that actually directly counters your play here
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Comical »

In post 4205, northsidegal wrote:hahaha, i am the ninth highest poster because i replaced into this game weeks after you all started it.
So did SS
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Comical »

And I really didn’t play too much before you got into the game
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 4176, Comical wrote:Scum aren’t going to want to kill him,
Hey!!
I am a good Night Kill ok
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Comical »

But I’m a hyper poster, so that’s understandable.

Regardless, that’s such an easy thing to replicate, i actively don’t like listening to activity tells
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by northsidegal »

actually comical, if you consider posts per day, i have a higher rate of posting than you. 205 posts over 5 days in game is 40.8 posts per day, as compared to your 663 over 22 days, which gives 30.

i'm actually also higher than luna, oka, alchemist, auro, eddie and penguin, at 12, 36, 9, 28, 14 and 13 posts per day, respectively.

things fall apart
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Comical »

In post 4209, Auro wrote:
In post 4176, Comical wrote:Scum aren’t going to want to kill him,
Hey!!
I am a good Night Kill ok
Gamestate wise they won’t want to kill you, they might have to. You’re VT.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

here's an underrated reason to lynch scum!idany

i have a higher chance to block the kill

boon are you happy now
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 4210, Comical wrote:But I’m a hyper poster, so that’s understandable.

Regardless, that’s such an easy thing to replicate, i actively don’t like listening to activity tells
That's what I thought too.
Then notscience happened, and Creature, and Antihero, and Nero Cain.
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by Comical »

In post 4211, northsidegal wrote:actually comical, if you consider posts per day, i have a higher rate of posting than you. 205 posts over 5 days in game is 40.8 posts per day, as compared to your 663 over 22 days, which gives 30.

i'm actually also higher than luna, oka, alchemist, auro, eddie and penguin, at 12, 36, 9, 28, 14 and 13 posts per day, respectively.
I barely played most of this game.

Eddie even commented at one point that I hadn’t posted in a while.

I didn’t really start playing until I came after you.

I had my initial thing with Clidd.

Then I had my big reveal talk with Eddie.

Then I had RCE’s got a gun

The rest has been my push on you essentially.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4214, Luna Fox wrote:

what is nero cain's meta? i'm not familiar with it – is it easy to distinguish?

things fall apart
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by Comical »

In post 4213, OkaPoka wrote:here's an underrated reason to lynch scum!idany

i have a higher chance to block the kill

boon are you happy now
Nah he should never go before Nero.

Also i just feel like Idany, if scum, is still likely to be scum with both NSG and Nero at this point, so going NSG is just 100% times better.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4215, Comical wrote:
In post 4211, northsidegal wrote:actually comical, if you consider posts per day, i have a higher rate of posting than you. 205 posts over 5 days in game is 40.8 posts per day, as compared to your 663 over 22 days, which gives 30.

I barely played most of this game.

Eddie even commented at one point that I hadn’t posted in a while.

I didn’t really start playing until I came after you.

I had my initial thing with Clidd.

Then I had my big reveal talk with Eddie.

Then I had RCE’s got a gun

The rest has been my push on you essentially.
i'm not blaming you or accusing you for not having posted enough – believe me, i would never. i'm simply stating that your trying to make it seem as if i'm not a prolific poster simply by the number of posts i have ignores how recently i replaced in and actually completely misrepresents the reality of frequency of posting—of which i am the top—so far as i calculated.

things fall apart
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i just feel like alch is the best lynch here honestly imo
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4219, OkaPoka wrote:i just feel like alch is the best lynch here honestly imo
could you respond to this?
In post 3943, northsidegal wrote:what incentive does alch have to even show up at this point as scum? the only incentive that immediately comes to mind would be if we were partners and he needed to vote my counterwagon, in which case doesn't it make sense to continue voting me if you consider him scum?
In post 3947, northsidegal wrote:that is, assume alchemist is scum. if i'm not scum (i'm not), why does he show up when presumably my lynch is a lot better for him than idany's lynch? if i am scum, why switch to voting him instead of staying on my wagon?

i bring up this hypothetical involving myself being scum to illustrate that i don't think flashwagoning alchemist at this point makes sense.

things fall apart
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by Comical »

I was just commenting a fact.

I even stated I don’t care about activity tells in the same post, so you’re just trying to fight something you can fight.

You got this one.

Awesome.

Also, everyone, make note that NSG hasn’t once tried to do this besides that case, the most NAI one of them all.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 4216, northsidegal wrote:
In post 4214, Luna Fox wrote:

what is nero cain's meta? i'm not familiar with it – is it easy to distinguish?
Supposedly he's lurkier as scum.
This is something i've noticed after playing with him on various games, but I made a mistake on his meta on Mini 2122 and townread him, and got scumread because of it by someone who actually correctly meta scumread him there. I've been trying to figure out the core differences, but as far as I can see he's playing leagues different from that game, so im probably right this time.
Comical
Comical
Goon
Comical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Comical »

In post 4219, OkaPoka wrote:i just feel like alch is the best lynch here honestly imo
No, you don’t.

You feel Alchemist is the most likely lynch that can make everyone happen and possibly be scum.

That is “best” to you.

Best to me is most likely to be scum, and if we get burned, we better have enough aloe to heal it, which Alchemist doesn’t give us Aloe. NSG does.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4221, Comical wrote:I was just commenting a fact.

I even stated I don’t care about activity tells in the same post, so you’re just trying to fight something you can fight.

You got this one.

Awesome.

Also, everyone, make note that NSG hasn’t once tried to do this besides that case, the most NAI one of them all.
-shrug-

i like to debunk easily refuted falsehoods. i'd say it's almost irrelevant to the game of mafia we're currently playing.

things fall apart