humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:34 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 190, Aloratom wrote:
In post 188, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Repeat the sentence, but in English
I think you can figure it out.
Unlike you, English isn't my first language. So I can only understand it if they're easy sentences, and not
traditional.
InWho22
InWho22
Townie
InWho22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:37 am

Post by InWho22 »

In post 199, humaneatingmonkey wrote:@InWho22

Okay I answered this before as scum (my previous game with Holden), but this is how I figure out if someone is town vs scum: organic behavior and town motivation vs inorganic behavior and wolfy motivation.

It's all tonal. It's not a final read, but it's my best tool to use on day 1.

Organic behavior refers to actions: your actions need to come from a real, natural place. Same as what Aloratom was saying. No leaps of logic were made. No fabrications. No forcing. Even if you make mistakes, just as long as they're coming from an understandable place. Contrast, inorganic behavior where leaps of logic were made to justify a vote. Reads are fabricated and forced. They make mistakes like this because they have to fake not having information, fake scumhunting, fake everything.

Town motivation refers to reasons: your point of view should reflect someone who has no information, no agenda other than to figure out who could be scum. This means you'll have paranoia, self-preservation, concern for the town win condition, etc.

You can fake these, but it's very hard.

Townhunting is as good as scumhunting, because you can use the process of elimination to move on to other people who can be scum.

So do I think you're town? You're probably town. Do I think you're scum? Right now, I think there are other people who could be more scum than you are.
This makes sense, and is pretty good advice. Good SE :)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:39 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Now scan the thread and tell me who you think is town or scum based on these guidelines.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 200, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 190, Aloratom wrote:
In post 188, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Repeat the sentence, but in English
I think you can figure it out.
Unlike you, English isn't my first language. So I can only understand it if they're easy sentences, and not
traditional.
I apologize for making an ethnocentric assumption. It was a snarky answer by me as well, which was not called for.

You asked, "I thought you didn't have opinions on the rest of the players?"
I answered, "Answering why I think someone may think something is different."
I answered this way because what I had said originally was that I didn't have much of an opinion on anyone at this point. My answer to you was meant to convey that answering InWho's question from the point of view of someone else wasn't the same as answering it from my point of view.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 151, LuckyLuciano wrote:@Aloratom, lol...
Does this mean that the bolded part of this: "It definitely wasn't because I slept on it,
and was 100% because I would rather appease a player making a weak push that will never actually lead to my lynch anyway
," was sarcasm?

Or should I just leave an open-ended question and ask what you meant by "@Aloratom, lol...?"
InWho22
InWho22
Townie
InWho22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:56 am

Post by InWho22 »

In post 202, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Now scan the thread and tell me who you think is town or scum based on these guidelines.
Good idea, I will return in some amount of time.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:01 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

In post 204, Aloratom wrote:
In post 151, LuckyLuciano wrote:@Aloratom, lol...
Does this mean that the bolded part of this: "It definitely wasn't because I slept on it,
and was 100% because I would rather appease a player making a weak push that will never actually lead to my lynch anyway
," was sarcasm?

Or should I just leave an open-ended question and ask what you meant by "@Aloratom, lol...?"
Yes.
3bounty
3bounty
Goon
3bounty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:39 am

Post by 3bounty »

In post 130, Aloratom wrote:
In post 89, 3bounty wrote:
In post 83, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 36, 3bounty wrote:LL v HEM screams scum vs scum to me. Thoughts?
Side question,

What gave you the idea that was SVS over something like TvS?
Seemed like distancing. There was also something thrown in there about how scum would never vote eachother in that scenario, and they were voting eachother.
After their recent 1v1 has your read changed?
Yeah, that is too much to be acting imo.
Yooh
Yooh
Townie
Yooh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Yooh »

In post 96, Kirari Momobami wrote:I feel like thinking 'what if the person reading the game the same way as me is scum' is just about the least efficient way to play day 1
This is sound like "best practical play". Would you teach me more about this (For all SE) ? I get the point it might be not efficient, but following someone / being followed bring up a lot of paranoia. If this is not allowed to discussed, remind me when the game's end.
Yooh
Yooh
Townie
Yooh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Yooh »

In post 118, Aloratom wrote:What do you mean by the bolded?
I was asking the reason she posted #76. I thought she posted it to make the tunneling by Monkey to Lucky cooled down a bit with being nice as reason. She might get town-read for cooling those down.
In post 112, Aloratom wrote:If playing scum means you're paying more attention to detail, why would you not realize your vote isn't being counted? Or am I misreading you?
May I know what was your understanding before Lucky's answer? As you answer in #121 you want to understand Lucky.
Yooh
Yooh
Townie
Yooh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Yooh »

In post 131, LuckyLuciano wrote: Being wrong is null.
Alright, my real problem is you're playing very passively when you were trying to get reaction. I don't even know why you never ask me asked so many questions. I get you're pressured, i get you're playing defensively, i don't know the reason though, but personally I don't like waiting and watching when I get null reaction.
Yooh
Yooh
Townie
Yooh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Yooh »

In post 107, InWho22 wrote:So far, I don't feel like LL is certain scum but I definitely can't place him as town either, based on his anti-town behavior.
Are there any reason to keep your vote in him?
Yooh
Yooh
Townie
Yooh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Yooh »

@3Bounty : Any read so far?
Yooh
Yooh
Townie
Yooh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Yooh »

I don't like Holden's posts at page 7 and 8, but maybe I'm just too serious for this.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:15 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 208, Yooh wrote:
In post 96, Kirari Momobami wrote:I feel like thinking 'what if the person reading the game the same way as me is scum' is just about the least efficient way to play day 1
This is sound like "best practical play". Would you teach me more about this (For all SE) ? I get the point it might be not efficient, but following someone / being followed bring up a lot of paranoia. If this is not allowed to discussed, remind me when the game's end.
In essence, this game espeically on day one is a game of philosophy. The reason its tend not to be good practice to suspect your town reads is that it wides what is called a PoE pool. PoE is process of elimination, and is the strongest ability for town to catch scum. If you can get enough town reads together that you feel 70-99% sure of, you can win the game.

Now can you be wrong? Absolutely, but those players will most likely out themselves as scum at some point. A post you read day 3 sounds sketchy than it did day 1. That's fine to make a different judgement call then. But constantly thinking your townreads can still be scum nullifies the point of a townread.

This is also relating to the principle of octums razor, IE the simplest explanation is the likely solution.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Kirari Momobami »

In post 107, InWho22 wrote:Also, this is my first game, so take this more as stream of consciousness than thought-out ideas until I get a grip on the game.
good sentence
In post 107, InWho22 wrote:Seems counterproductive.
I think we can safely say the self-meta more "was" counterproductive then 'seemed' that way :P
In post 110, HoldenGolden wrote:I do not like the feeling of beating people with wooden sticks for information. Reminds me too much of childhood
:lol:
In post 140, InWho22 wrote:the irl game just being people voting for their friends as memes in RVS.
Sounds like you have a perfect comprehension of RVS then :3
In post 152, InWho22 wrote:As far as I remembered, the math was different and I put it from 1-1-2 to 1-2-2. Sorry for that.
Maths is scummy
In post 163, humaneatingmonkey wrote:this guy is town.
In post 173, InWho22 wrote:Why do you think I'm town based on talking about an unrelated game?
Damn it would have been townier to just take the townread I think LOL
In post 175, Aloratom wrote:I don't have much of an opinion on anyone yet. I generally don't get decent reads from the first few pages.
Damn and I was almost warning up on this slot too
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:16 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In other news, I feel better moving Yooh to a townlean.
In post 213, Yooh wrote:I don't like Holden's posts at page 7 and 8, but maybe I'm just too serious for this.
Feel free to expand the main idea of your post.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:16 am

ngl for 5 pages of all the people I said were scum talking to each other those 5 pages did not help my reads nearly as much as I would have liked them to

VOTE: peaches anyway it is time for content pushes so I'll join this
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:19 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

Fuck my bad. Just did my latin work so I didnt spell it right. The correct name is occam's razor.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:20 am

In post 208, Yooh wrote:This is sound like "best practical play". Would you teach me more about this (For all SE) ? I get the point it might be not efficient, but following someone / being followed bring up a lot of paranoia. If this is not allowed to discussed, remind me when the game's end.
To put the SE hat full on, this is a bigger philosophical conversation than probably belongs in this specific game, but I'll make the following observations:
a) scum has to lynch town to win
b) scum letting scum get lynched day 1 in this setup can sometimes lead to an immediate mechanical loss (one problem with this setup tbh but that's aside the point)
c) town does not have to lynch scum day 1 to win, and in fact it is fine for a vt to get lynched most of the time
d) because scum at some point have to try to lynch town, townreading slots that are scumreading you and scumreading slots that are townreading you is just intrinsically more dangerous when you have the minimum of information (natural state of day 1)
e) wagons are more meaningful when they are more developed. 2/2/2 is more informative than 1/1/1/1/1/1 and 3/3 is more informative than either (imo)

Anyway don't want to hijack this with a philosophical conversation that is not 100% pertinent to this game particularly when my alignment is still only townlean/null for most of the game
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:23 am

Probably too early for a readslist request but 3bounty could you talk about a wider range of players in the game because you're the next lowest after peaches in my "need more content" list
3bounty
3bounty
Goon
3bounty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:40 am

Post by 3bounty »

In post 220, Kirari Momobami wrote:Probably too early for a readslist request but 3bounty could you talk about a wider range of players in the game because you're the next lowest after peaches in my "need more content" list
Which player specifically? I am getting town vibes from Holden if that helps.
3bounty
3bounty
Goon
3bounty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:41 am

Post by 3bounty »

InWho22 neutral.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:42 am

In post 222, 3bounty wrote:InWho22 neutral.
Are you still satisfied with your rvs vote then?
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:43 am

Alora, yooh?