mini 2126: the game is OVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4900 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by northsidegal »

I didn't get any chance to gloat yesterday, so the opportunity's already lost. Serious business only from here out, unfortunately.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4901 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Wanna give where you're at?
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4902 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4901, Eddie Cane wrote:Wanna give where you're at?
Eddie, Nero, Penguin, SS. For me, the last scum is two in these four. We have an entire game's worth of content to look back on, claims to analyze, and flips to use. I think that we should spend just as much time today as we did Day 2, and not doing so would be throwing the game almost as hard as if Comical were fakeclaiming.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4903 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4881, Something_Smart wrote:The only other person I was considering checking was you.
Why would I check someone who's guiltied or someone who has a confirmed PR?
Among the first things I want to say is that I find the bolded fairly surprising coming from SS, and just a little bit unbelievable.

There are plenty of reasons that a 1-shot rolecop would have checked anyone besides me. Penguin, to actually see what his role is because he's never officially claimed it and there could easily be other components to it beyond just being a fruit vendor. Eddie, to see if Comical was telling the truth or faking a guilty—given both who he is and that he
literally said he would have a guilty
the day before, the possibility is not unlikely. Nero Cain, to see if RCE was telling the truth in response to Comical claiming a gunsmith check on him or if it was a hastily-constructed fakeclaim.

Honestly, I can see far more
scum
utility in checking me over anyone else: it denies town information, if the 1-shot rolecop is fake in the first place then I am probably the least likely to have lied about my role, and if scum would like me dead over e.g. Luna, then it provides a convenient excuse to do so.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4904 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

That being said, the crumb is evidence in favor of him actually being a 1-shot RC, town or scum. The possibility that it was faked in advance is pretty complex and requires some assumptions, so I think it makes sense right now to believe that he's actually a 1-shot RC. Unless someone knows of SS faking crumbs like that before as scum, that's probably what I'm going to go with.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4905 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@Schadd, if a mafia power role were absent, would you allow the other members of the mafia to control the shot regardless?

And if that were true, can we assume that you return information from Mafia roles in the Mafia PT rather than by PM?

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4906 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

We have the same PoE, roughly. Are you past considering Alch, then?
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4907 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Might be residual bias based on his approach to me and his approach in general, currently think he's less likely than all of those four. I don't think that reviewing the game will change my mind on him but it's possible that it could.

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4908 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I think I always want SS or Nero today, by the way. PP would be my compromise lynch. Because I think at least one of SS and Nero have to be scum. We lost a lynch (and checks) due to Boon though, so a PoE of 3 is sketchy (4 from your pov if you're considering me).

re Alch: He's a had a lot of townier moments throughout the game, but some awkward posts / trajectories day 2. Going for the unvote and pocket on me is weird if maf, and pursuing a lynch on Dany over elsewhere (Eddie / NSG). Also, not taking the free mislynch thanks to anchor Boon.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4909 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Why is Penguin only your compromise lynch? My not elaborating on my vote is deliberate, but I will say that it's interesting to me how he has basically not been mentioned in the slightest today, and to my memory not yesterday either.

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4910 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I think your slot could specifically find me town despite Boon, with your predecessor's read on me + how I handled EoD2. Assuming you're town and I'm not a donkey. Alch I am partly sheeping your read. I think the scummiest thing about him is that Auro / Alch felt like TvS and I could easily be wrong about that. I don't really care to reevaluate Luna I don't think. PP has been nothingburger all game, and SS not wanting to instakill (or check!) Nero is befuddling.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4911 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Oh, that wasn't even a reply to 4909. Its because he's the slot I think is the least townie outside of Nero / SS, so he's a fine lynch. But mechanically, I believe there has to be a minimum of 1 scum in SS and Nero, hence, wanting to kill in there first. PP being my third lynch at this point.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4912 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, Eddie isn't wrong. There
IS
one scum in me and SS. Its just not me so by default its SS. There's also 1 scum in Eddie, Alch, and NSG and I lean Eddie there.

For me, 1-shot RC is so low powered that I think it seems pretty fake. NSG says the crumbs make it believable but I think a scum SS is plenty capable of fake crumbs.

If SS were scum it means that town is a 6x GS, even nigh GS, 3x jailkeep, a voyeur and fruit vendor. If SS were town then town would be 6x GS, even nigh GS, 3x jailkeep, 1x rolecop and 1 of voyeur or fruit vendor. Unless its the 6/4 town split like I originally thought.

I'm with Alch here and not 100% sure if Boon really did check him but guy did shit all the majority of the game and didn't hammer idany so he's the least townie here in the vts
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4913 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4912, Nero Cain wrote:guy did shit all the majority of the game
This really isn't true though? Day 1, sure, but I was the most active slot the second part of day 2.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4914 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Also, why is PP not a consideration?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4915 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, as long as we hit scum today, which I think we will as long as we lynch in Eddie/SS then there's a ML left tomorrow we could always just lynch me to get rid of any residual feelings that my slot is scum and lynch whomever is left between SS and Eddie and town win YAY!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4916 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4914, Eddie Cane wrote:Also, why is PP not a consideration?
Why is PP a consideration?

I have my reasons that I can elaborate on anytime I feel like it.

But I'm more interested in you. NSG mentions PP and you just kinda hopped to attention and it felt pretty opportunistic. Can you quote me where you talked about thinking PP is scum?

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4917 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4916, Nero Cain wrote:NSG mentions PP and you just kinda hopped to attention and it felt pretty opportunistic. Can you quote me where you talked about thinking PP is scum?
I think this is the opposite since I literally said its a compromise lynch? I think NSG, Luna, and Alch are townier. I think PP has not been townie, I don't have any individual reason to scum read him past him being active in other games while ignoring this one. I don't understand him being discluded from your list of considerations.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4918 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4915, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, as long as we hit scum today, which I think we will as long as we lynch in Eddie/SS then there's a ML left tomorrow we could always just lynch me to get rid of any residual feelings that my slot is scum and lynch whomever is left between SS and Eddie and town win YAY!
Statements like this don't really gel with what you're posting, though? Offering yourself up as a lynch implies a very high level of confidence, but your other posting is more eh, I think Eddie's the scum. This doesn't account for error.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4919 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think you and SS are much scummier.

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4920 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:09 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4916, Nero Cain wrote:kinda hopped to attention and it felt pretty opportunisti
In post 4909, northsidegal wrote:Why is Penguin only your compromise lynch?
These are both things I've been asked in the last page.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4921 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4919, Nero Cain wrote:I think you and SS are much scummier.
Sure. This doesn't explain why PP is not a consideration but NSG and Alch are.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4922 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

they are? when did I say that?

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4923 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

SS also pushed me intensely day 2, got upset I was being unvoted and defended (by Auro, confirmed town), and voted me several times. And is voting me today. So that team solve is pretty janky.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4924 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4922, Nero Cain wrote:they are? when did I say that?
In post 4912, Nero Cain wrote:There's also 1 scum in Eddie, Alch, and NSG and I lean Eddie there.