mini 2126: the game is OVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #5025 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by schadd_ »

errantparabola is known to intentionally throw spelling bees. when pressed for comment she has said she "enjoys the empty thrill of competition" and "wouldn't be caught dead as an award winning speller"

Spoiler: i am on episode 3

Vote count 4.1

Eddie Cane (2):
Something_Smart, PenguinPower
PenguinPower (1):
northsidegal

not voting (4):
Eddie Cane, Nero Cain, northsidegal, Alchemist21, Luna Fox

with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. day 4 ends april 27th at 02:00 central US time; in (expired on 2020-04-27 02:00:00)

mod notes
  • j

In post 4905, northsidegal wrote:
@Schadd, if a mafia power role were absent, would you allow the other members of the mafia to control the shot regardless?

And if that were true, can we assume that you return information from Mafia roles in the Mafia PT rather than by PM?
yes

that has been the norm for me
Last edited by schadd_ on Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mnemonic for you: Toni Morrison Made Comprehensive Dialogues Despite Nearby Hordes of Reactionaries that are Verily Contemptible

todays featured user: shaft.ed

this year, i plan to exclusively listen to music released in 2022. send me things that are like that!
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5026 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 5022, Alchemist21 wrote:If Luna is scum it means Dany claimed VT at L-1 only for his partner to claim his role later in the Day for no reason. That’s not something I can see scum doing.
Wait, its actually MORE confirmed than this. Luna had the results from Oka before people claimed. Guessing is possible, and multiple scum voyeurs seems super weird mechanically. But Occam's razor along with play makes her almost certainly just town.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5027 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i think the crux of almost all of your reasoning for dany and you not being aligned comes from his play towards you after you chose not to hammer him, and how it makes no sense for scum him to push you after that if you're both aligned.

my problem with that is that it is
very easy
for me to see a world in which scum idanyboy does not think this through at all before talking about how he's down for your wagon and voting you. you're arguing there that a perfectly (or at least decently) rational scum player would never make the play that he did and thus you both can't be scum, but i don't consider idany a rational scum player (no offense).

granted, this may be a narrative and not a piece of evidence, but i can quite clearly see the world in which he makes those posts and that vote, you tell him both in the scum PT and through your posts in the thread how little sense that makes, , and he then changes his vote immediately afterwards, saying as justification.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5028 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

like, your lengthy explanation to SS about how you're not with dany could almost be literally just a conversation about how annoyed you are at his play and how little sense it makes that you otherwise would've had in the scum PT.

again – this is more of a narrative and less so evidence, but i don't really intend it as evidence
for
an eddie/SS/dany team, i would just consider it a possibility to the contrary of you saying "this makes me unlikely to be scum with them".

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5029 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 5020, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 5014, northsidegal wrote:is there any reason for nero cain to not check penguinpower tonight?
I can’t really think of one. Nero/SS would still need to be resolved today though because there’s still the possibility of scum Nero bussing Penguin if Town Eddie gets lynched today.
sorry, could you elaborate? why does it need to be resolved today?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5030 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@SS, do you often crumb your role like that? if you do, would you mind giving me some examples?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5031 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

UNVOTE:

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5032 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'll give you both sides of my opinion on that.

As scum, one of my go to's is to take a misplay I've made in a game, and use that as a reason I'd never be scum. I'm, comparatively speaking, pretty bad at sounding naturally townie, and the rest of my scum play has to compensate for that. One of the things I am good at is reading gamestates and thread movement. So, I can tell when a lynch is going to inevitably happen on a partner, and rather than actively defending (something I rarely do, I am a townsiding bitch as scum in general), I get ahead of it and ensure I'm one of the first pushers of them. As his partner I dunno if I would have lolhammered him day 2, probably but who knows.

I think independently, most of those posts could be partnered, sure. But the fact I let Dany get lynched while not doing anything about it is actually extremely town indicative for me. If I am with SS, my teammate was busing Dany, so scum would have not been pushing elsewhere. Rather than vanity voting Nero, I think as scum with Dany I either try to get another lynch (less likely) or just ensure my vote is on the wagon and kill the rest. To reword, shading Dany throughout the day and at EoD is very townie specifically because its not townie. Does that make sense? I'm so used to playing video I lost some of my ability to articulate well in forum.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5033 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Its
also
Nero / PP / SS pushing me, which is, literally the entire PoE excluding myself from your point of view. Is it distancing? I guess you're arguing SS was already distancing from me yesterday, as well as today.

I have another question actually NSG. You are arguing SS might be bussing me today, correct?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5034 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 5029, northsidegal wrote:
In post 5020, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 5014, northsidegal wrote:is there any reason for nero cain to not check penguinpower tonight?
I can’t really think of one. Nero/SS would still need to be resolved today though because there’s still the possibility of scum Nero bussing Penguin if Town Eddie gets lynched today.
sorry, could you elaborate? why does it need to be resolved today?
Let’s say Town Eddie gets lynched. We go into 5-p lylo and can’t afford another mislynch. Scum Nero could claim a guilty on scum Penguin, Penguin gets lynched. We have 3-p Lylo between SS/Nero and we still can’t be sure who’s scum or not.

My other post explains the other reasons an SS lynch is best.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5035 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4840, Nero Cain wrote:I do think you are town. Jesus fuck you are a kid.
In post 4851, Nero Cain wrote:oh well, still doesn't fit with my suspected solve. But you need to be less whiney and work with me instead of throwing out knee jerk reactions that I'm scum.

Assuming I'm right ofc.
In post 4859, Nero Cain wrote:I playing the game beyond a 4th grade lvl. OFC I could still be wrong that its SS+Luna but meh.
In post 4912, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, Eddie isn't wrong. There
IS
one scum in me and SS. Its just not me so by default its SS. There's also 1 scum in Eddie, Alch, and NSG and I lean Eddie there.

For me, 1-shot RC is so low powered that I think it seems pretty fake. NSG says the crumbs make it believable but I think a scum SS is plenty capable of fake crumbs.

If SS were scum it means that town is a 6x GS, even nigh GS, 3x jailkeep, a voyeur and fruit vendor. If SS were town then town would be 6x GS, even nigh GS, 3x jailkeep, 1x rolecop and 1 of voyeur or fruit vendor. Unless its the 6/4 town split like I originally thought.

I'm with Alch here and not 100% sure if Boon really did check him but guy did shit all the majority of the game and didn't hammer idany so he's the least townie here in the vts
In post 4916, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4914, Eddie Cane wrote:Also, why is PP not a consideration?
Why is PP a consideration?

I have my reasons that I can elaborate on anytime I feel like it.

But I'm more interested in you. NSG mentions PP and you just kinda hopped to attention and it felt pretty opportunistic. Can you quote me where you talked about thinking PP is scum?
In post 4919, Nero Cain wrote:I think you and SS are much scummier.
In post 4925, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4923, Eddie Cane wrote:So that team solve is pretty janky
b/c scum never ever attack/fake scum read each other?
In post 4924, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 4922, Nero Cain wrote:they are? when did I say that?
In post 4912, Nero Cain wrote:There's also 1 scum in Eddie, Alch, and NSG and I lean Eddie there.
???

I think you are the scum in their grouping. Of them I'm lynching no one but you but nice try trying to make it look like I'm willing to lych Alch and NSG.
Do you not understand how it could be frustrating to converse with you?
In post 4960, Nero Cain wrote:
trying hard as fuck to misinterpret everything I say
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5036 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 5033, Eddie Cane wrote:Its
also
Nero / PP / SS pushing me, which is, literally the entire PoE excluding myself from your point of view. Is it distancing? I guess you're arguing SS was already distancing from me yesterday, as well as today.

I have another question actually NSG. You are arguing SS might be bussing me today, correct?
that would be what's happening if one were to believe in SS/you.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5037 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@SS – can you link me a game before where you've lied about being VT?

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5038 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 5036, northsidegal wrote:
In post 5033, Eddie Cane wrote:Its
also

that would be what's happening if one were to believe in SS/you.
PERFECT! THIS is something I can argue against without WIFOM. This is all ignoring the fact that if I'm scum with SS, he tried to bus me day 2 with Dany (almost universal scum read and not playing the game) as the other partner.

Isn't that literally an auto loss, though? For SS to win that, there needs to be a LOT of town sucking. For the purposes of this post, I will pretend I am mafia.

1) We are assuming Nero / SS has 1 scum, most likely. I flip scum, so SS should just lose because 2 lynches to kill both of them.

2) Nero is being assumed to not be my partner, so even if you ignore the mechanics, Nero is soft greened. He also gets a cop check to clear PP. SS' new win condition is lynching 2 of Nero / NSG / Alch?

3) That's obviously not happening. So, SS has to night kill Nero. Wake up with SS, Alch, NSG, PP, Luna. Luna is unlynchable. NSG and Alch have each other as town.

So,
the win condition of SS bussing me is convincing people there was no scum between him and Nero (probably not doable), mislynching PP (doable), and then getting one of Luna and NSG/Alch to vote the other in f3 (probably not doable)

Its actually borderline unwinnable I believe?
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5039 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

So basically you're saying that you and SS cant be partners and you have a guilty on your head.
Yes?
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5040 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I am not going to write a page of long posts and respond to a one liner snark post again. Yes, Luna, I am saying that SS and I can't be partners. No, I am not saying I have a guilty on my head.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5041 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5030, northsidegal wrote:@SS, do you often crumb your role like that? if you do, would you mind giving me some examples?
Only when it's something that I need to point back to for some reason. In this game it was because of the gunsmith, I think the only other times it's occurred in the past are as a mason.

Mason examples: here and here, here (role was Seeking Mason specifically and I had to find my partner), here
Shame on a martyr claiming friends
From either perspective of &
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5042 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:00 pm

In post 5037, northsidegal wrote:@SS – can you link me a game before where you've lied about being VT?
How about this one?
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5043 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Well obviously you wouldnt say that you have a guilty on your head. That would be the same as admitting defeat, some scum do, others try to squeeze out if it (and gloat about afterwards).
So I am under the assumption that if you're scum, you'd do literally everything to avoid the guilty lynch or at least try to obfuscate associations with your partners.
Of course if you're town, that means Boon did something I hate and im not gonna play with him again > : (
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5044 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 5043, Luna Fox wrote:So I am under the assumption that if you're scum, you'd do literally everything to avoid the guilty lynch or at least try to obfuscate associations with your partners.
Regardless of my alignment, yes, I would do my best to avoid a lynch today. I am not a player that gives up.
In post 5043, Luna Fox wrote:Of course if you're town, that means Boon did something I hate and im not gonna play with him again > : (
I am not trying to act like the town who will possibly end up misvoting me today will have played worse than Boon (lul he also hard defended Dany bad game for my boy), nor really misplayed at all. But I am still doing my best to try and salvage the game after Boon threw what was almost a free win. That is why it is frustrating when I pour out a lot of time into the game DESPITE the fact I could just blame Boon and give up, share my thoughts, and you reply with a one liner like that, or when Nero keeps posting buzzwordy nonsense. We've probably lost the ability to win a game with you or NSG or Alch as scum, but I don't think that game is likely to exist, and I am doing my best to save the game the other way. The fact I'm never with Nero is great, because Alch is right, an SS flip can salvage the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5045 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:09 pm

I don't think Nero is scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5046 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:11 pm

Not least of all because I have a shitty gamestate read that everyone outside of me is just accepting that there is scum within us which means that scum are not doing anything to fight that narrative.

But also because I reread RCE's reaction to Boon's guilty and it's really hard for me to swallow that he really did know gunsmiths had a gun and was completely bullshitting there.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5047 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 5045, Something_Smart wrote:I don't think Nero is scum.
Humor me. If I am town, what scum team is possible, then?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5048 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Nero should check PP or nsg, it doesn't matter which, unless PP is a scum multitasking fruit vendor doctor (shoutout to Boon and Vorkuta :P ).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5049 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:12 pm

In post 5047, Eddie Cane wrote:Humor me. If I am town, what scum team is possible, then?
I would very much not like to think about the scenario where you are town.