UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 296, Wake1 wrote:Now that I think of it, being IC, I SHOULD NOT be voting.

Because you all already know my alignment, having me vote is one vote less from an u confirmed player to analyze.

Rather, you should have the unconfirmeds be voting so that we can better suss out who's who.

IF there's a situation where we're hours away from deadline and need a hammer I can help with that.
Glad to see you agree with my plan.
Although it's very likely the actual wagon on Drew might not yield as much information as most D1-lynched should, there's still a lot to analyze about what people have based their votes on.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 261, farside wrote:He could have stayed quiet after the CC or he could have OMGUS voted manvs as scum.
Scum is going to know they are up shit creek with a CC and get defensive. Instead he is still scum hunting. questing people and know he will be lynched.
if he flips scum I would give him a high five for the deceiving so well.
He had to make a choice, either he argues that mavs is scum and this is a ridiculous ballsy play or he argues that there are 2 millers in the game.
If it was me, I'd choose the latter too because it's slightly easier to scare town into believing it cuz they'll lose 2 days if it's true etc etc. He's not scum hunting, he's just questioning people who are voting him and defending himself. Plus he's posting walls whenever he can to make the thread annoying to read.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 301, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 261, farside wrote:He could have stayed quiet after the CC or he could have OMGUS voted manvs as scum.
Scum is going to know they are up shit creek with a CC and get defensive. Instead he is still scum hunting. questing people and know he will be lynched.
He had to make a choice, either he argues that mavs is scum and this is a ridiculous ballsy play or he argues that there are 2 millers in the game.
If it was me, I'd choose the latter too because it's slightly easier to scare town into believing it cuz they'll lose 2 days if it's true etc etc. He's not scum hunting, he's just questioning people who are voting him and defending himself. Plus he's posting walls whenever he can to make the thread annoying to read.
Hard to scum hunt when everyone is hammering you.

Hard to do anything but question when you keep getting told you're something, but you're trying to convince others it is different.

The posting walls is harsh but symptomatic of my posting style.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 263, PranaDevil wrote:The only people who know, factually, whether Drew is scum or not are, in fact, the scum. This line feels very much like Persivul knows Drew is town.
No......?
I think he said, "are you sure that whoever we lynch apart from you, will flip town?"
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

@knightmare - I've also tried to do some analysis. You're just ignoring that I have done this.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 244, farside wrote:Who are you currently scum reading?
Honestly after the CC I haven't really paid attention, was planning to re read the thread at night. I'll go through it again and post my thoughts.

~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

@Drew if you are actually town, you should realise the situation we are in. Put yourself in our shoes, if one person claimed miller and another person CCed them. How likely is it that you won't lynch the first person who claimed to be miller?

~Rectiplanes
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 306, Knightmare491 wrote:@Drew if you are actually town, you should realise the situation we are in. Put yourself in our shoes, if one person claimed miller and another person CCed them. How likely is it that you won't lynch the first person who claimed to be miller?
I think that is exactly what I've tried to do. I've argued that my lynch is necessary to ensure town can understand the game set up better. What I've tried to do is get people to consider that I'm right, and try to work out what that means.

Sure, I could have done that better. But I've never once suggested I survive. I've simply argued people consider the possibility then go from there.

Conversely, put yourself in my shoes. I've essentially been lynched for trying to play pro-town. And called a liar. Amongst other things.
farside
farside
Goon
farside
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by farside »

In post 289, Persivul wrote:
In post 288, Tanner wrote:Persi, I agree the Miller claims have to be resolved (and plan on voting Drew today), but do you think there's benefit to rushing it? Since we still have two practically contentless slots?
Yes, I do, as I've said. I think the wifom potential actually muddies the waters.
The wifom does not disclude scum hunting at all. Which is what I see you are not doing.
In post 301, Knightmare491 wrote:
That's silly. Anyone who's played mafia always knows that once a player is CC'ed they are as good as lynched regardless.
Scum would muddy things up or fight. Do lurk till their lynch is done. IE: No info helps scum more.
In post 306, Knightmare491 wrote:@Drew if you are actually town, you should realise the situation we are in. Put yourself in our shoes, if one person claimed miller and another person CCed them. How likely is it that you won't lynch the first person who claimed to be miller?
He has said as much at least 2 times.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:05 am

Post by Tanner »

Someone said that mavs is a good Vig shot even if Drew flips scum, which is just... wrong? A nullish low-content slot like Salad or Knightmare is a much better shot in that case imo.

Also, the longer Una deliberately continues to ignore me, the more annoyed I'm getting, but I'm not sure if I can in good faith call that scummy.
your eyes on the city.
farside
farside
Goon
farside
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:22 am

Post by farside »

In post 309, Tanner wrote:Someone said that mavs is a good Vig shot even if Drew flips scum, which is just... wrong? A nullish low-content slot like Salad or Knightmare is a much better shot in that case imo.

Also, the longer Una deliberately continues to ignore me, the more annoyed I'm getting, but I'm not sure if I can in good faith call that scummy.
I thought a vig shot should have if drew flips town, but regardless most people don't like miller claims because they can be faked by scum and having them in lylo possibilities leads to a lot of wifom.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Tanner »

For a *single* Miller claim, debateable. But a Miller counterclaim?
your eyes on the city.
farside
farside
Goon
farside
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:34 am

Post by farside »

In post 311, Tanner wrote:For a *single* Miller claim, debateable. But a Miller counterclaim?
I am a messed up player that has seen a lot of crazy things playing over all this time.
Lets just say it is not unseen thing, but I don't see it here the type of play that has happened before.

And yes I'm being vague on purpose because it leads to a lot of panic and crazy paranoia.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:51 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I think any and all Miller-claims, unless cleared by a rolecop, ought to be lynched/vigged before it might be "too late".
Miller often implies Cop, and therefore we do not want our Cop to have to deal with the WIFOM.
Towny Millers claim at the start, to be unselfish and give the team an opportunity to get rid of them before it's too late. (and to make sure the potential cop doesn't out themself with a false guilty)

So unless I have a conf. on mavs tomorrow, I think I'm going to vote there at the end of the day 2. :?

Plus he's a good enough player - we will get a lot of good content from him before he's gone anyway. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:42 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

In post 313, UnaBombaH wrote:
So unless I have a conf. on mavs tomorrow, I think I'm going to vote there at the end of the day 2. :?

Plus he's a good enough player - we will get a lot of good content from him before he's gone anyway. :]
I will OMGUS you so hard :P
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:54 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 300, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 296, Wake1 wrote:Now that I think of it, being IC, I SHOULD NOT be voting.

Because you all already know my alignment, having me vote is one vote less from an u confirmed player to analyze.

Rather, you should have the unconfirmeds be voting so that we can better suss out who's who.

IF there's a situation where we're hours away from deadline and need a hammer I can help with that.
Glad to see you agree with my plan.
Although it's very likely the actual wagon on Drew might not yield as much information as most D1-lynched should, there's still a lot to analyze about what people have based their votes on.
Just to clarify,I wouldn't say I "agreed with your plan," seeing that I come to that conclusion on my own after only seeing one snippet about the topic.

...I wouldn't want anyone—including Scum—trying to create ties with the IC.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:59 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 315, Wake1 wrote:Just to clarify,I wouldn't say I "agreed with your plan," seeing that I come to that conclusion on my own after only seeing one snippet about the topic.

...I wouldn't want anyone—including Scum—trying to create ties with the IC.
Fair enough I guess.. :lol:

English isn't my first language, but I tried to differentiate "agree with" from "agree to". You happen to agree with me = we think the same way about a certain thing?
Had I said "agree to" it would mean that I somehow affected your judgement, and I didn't want to suggest anything like that.

I'm just honestly glad you feel like it would make sense to do it like that, so that no one can twist it in to a scum-agenda.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

PD's iso before this () point is okayish but then he's throwing shade on two players, pushing one of them who I'd say are pretty towny(assumption here is that Drew is scum). Basically is setting a reason to lynch them later on.....

1. Mavs, this is just pure unadulterated shade tbh
Spoiler:
In post 143, PranaDevil wrote:That being said... and this may be a ludicrous idea, but it's in my head and I'd rather post it for others to chime in on. What if we don't have ANY millers? What if it's a double bluff from scum? We lynch one of them, the other coasts to victory under a "confirmed town" heading.

2. Persivul, how he sees this as a scum slip feck knows
Spoiler:
In post 263, PranaDevil wrote:In post 235, Persivul wrote:
In post 153, Drew-Sta wrote:
You can lynch me today if you need. I’m happy to be a martyr if you can’t settle on another townie.

So you're that sure we couldn't lynch scum?

^
Scumslip.

The only people who know, factually, whether Drew is scum or not are, in fact, the scum. This line feels very much like Persivul knows Drew is town.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Persivul

Another interesting thing to note,

I think the following is good enough for a vote on Drew by PD
Spoiler:
In post 59, PranaDevil wrote:
In post 53, Drew-Sta wrote:I think my issue is, Prana, that you threw down two votes, then criticised someone else for doing something not dissimilar to you.
I threw down two RVS votes, then criticised Tanner for putting them at L-2.

And you subsequently have agreed that putting someone at L-2 is something scum would do rather than hammer... so you agree with me, while telling me I was wrong to criticise Tanner for it...

Between the above post and below post, PD could have easily voted Drew but he decides to stay away from his wagon, Drew has accumulated 3 votes between those 2 posts.

Spoiler:
In post 78, PranaDevil wrote:I think regardless of if Wake is on the wagon or not, as confirmed town, he's definitely who should be pushing everyone as hard as possible. At the very least because we want to make certain we get the most use from that slot if he is killed tonight.

~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

Another one I don't like is GB, refer and , he hasn't responded to the latter.

~Rectiplanes
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Red Panda replaces Saladman27
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

Is that an Elmo alt?

~Rectiplanes
Red Panda
Red Panda
Goon
Red Panda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Red Panda »

Hi! How is everyone doing? I'll be reading the thread is a little bit. Is there anything I should be aware of from my slot I just replaced?

:D
Persivul
Persivul
His Majesty the King
Persivul
His Majesty the King
His Majesty the King

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 321, Red Panda wrote:Hi! How is everyone doing? I'll be reading the thread is a little bit. Is there anything I should be aware of from my slot I just replaced?

:D
Er, you could just read the slot's 2-post ISO yourself. You don't really need a recap.
Red Panda
Red Panda
Goon
Red Panda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Red Panda »

So really this slot did nothing and just made two fluff posts. Got it. I'll recap this for myself in a bit.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:11 am

Post by PranaDevil »

@Knightmare

I've said elsewhere that I'm not voting Drew right now, but am happy to be the hammer. I do not wish to rush a lynch when there's information to gather. If you were doing a true ISO of me you would have seen that. So why did you deliberately omit it to try and make out I refuse to vote Drew?