Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Night 3 Roses »

In post 23, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Also hope that Iconeum doesn't mind we're already 24 posts into this and the game hasn't started. Oof just remembered this goes public post-game.
mildly dissapointed there's not 24
pages
yet tbh

-Ico
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Night 3 Roses »

oof first pagetop

boom!
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Night 3 Roses »

confirm mafia goon with the other dude
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Night 3 Roses »

so basicly i'll probably be getting this slot scumread at first, and then probably/hopefully be townread after that. it's like a natural cycle with me :D

if you want strategy advice or setup advice, datisi is the head you wanna be talking to in here

also, brace your panties because there will be spam in here :p

hope you don't mind gifs
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Night 3 Roses »

so Datis, we finally rolled scum together :D

Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Datisi »

Ico if you get our slot lynched i swear to god

Also do you get the mechanics
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:27 am

Post by Datisi »

oh yeah, some "basic advice" in play - take stances, aviod being "wishy-washy" - a lot of time scum is caught when it becomes obvious they're not scumhunting, not taking stances, that they don't really ~care~ what happens (tho don't go in the other extreme and make it obvious you're making stuff up)

and you should probably avoid nullreading us if possible, scum often does that to their partner if they don't know how to interact
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:55 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

Kilgamayan and DKKoba right into the theory talk. Maybe we could trap them with that day 2? Is there some way to encourage them to stay focused on that sort of talk? I could ask lots of questions maybe?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:01 am

Post by Datisi »

as expected, there will be discussion about should we massclaim vs should we play normally. if you want to chime in, play the "newbie card" and ask about the setup you can, though (1) make sure you get there naturally (like don't just jump in now when you didn't earlier) and (2) make sure it's not the *only* thing you're talking about. what do you mean about trapping them with it btw?

as what would be better for us... i honestly am not sure. i think i'd rather play this "normally" at least until Day 2 because we gotta decide what we're gonna fakeclaim, but i don't think one stratery is generally "better" for any team than the other. at least i haven't worked it out.
~M
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 10, Datisi wrote:which is good and well for us, but we need to be careful not to fall into the trap of talking only about the setup and not scumhunting, that's gonna get us in trouble eventually.
I meant this trap. If I get them focused on discussing the setup a lot. Maybe day 2 you can say they aren't scum hunting and only trying to look busy by talking about the set up a lot.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:14 am

Post by Datisi »

that'd be fun. i'm kinda ~eh on it working though, since i think it's natural for Town to scumhunt in addition of mechanic talk, plus for that you'd also have to constantly be pushing for mech talk as well. i think if opportunity presents (i.e., if someone in the Town does talk a lot about the setup on their own) we could use that for a push, but i'm not sure we can naturally "lead" them to only talking about the setup without us also being guilty of it.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Datisi »

i like that you're already planning ahead though :) it's a good plan, but i'm not sure i know how to perform it without also becoming one of the "only-mech-talk" folk.
~M
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

Yeah, I get that. I'm overthinking like five posts and the plan was a stretch. Thanks for being a realist.

As for what Icon (is that okay?) said, if you two do get scum read earlier how'd you like me to handle it? Also keep the gifs coming.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Datisi »

hey, keep the ideas coming.

(pretty sure dragon boi won't mind) i'm not quite sure. icon and i have pretty different playstyles, and while he usually gets scumread early, i'm usually townread early, so i'm also looking forward to seeing how this hydra is gonna work lol. i'm hoping the two of us will (meaning, your and our slot) will have some interaction in thread, and to see where your read on us "develops" from there. now, ideally you will be townreading us, (as i said before, we're much stronger if there's 2 of us due to doc heal), but if bussing is needed to win i'm not gonna complain.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Datisi »

actually reading again, i think DkKoba is a mechanic oriented player, they might fall into the "trap" themself. can't plan for it really, but i think it's something to keep in mind.
~M
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:32 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

I don't know if I should ask before interacting with you like that? But it was a question I legitimately had for you and thought it'd be better ask there than here. I won't push theory stuff much further, but there doesn't seem to be much else to do at the moment.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Datisi »

Oh it's fine, this is pretty "low intensity" theatre, since it's stuff that's pretty mechanic-y and dealing with past games. It's good, no worries.

Maybe if it's something more "heavy" or "difficult" (i hope you get what i mean lmao) then give me a heads up, but these basic interactions are chill.

I mean, if town decides to be stupud and spend most of the time discussing mechanics, we won't stop them
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Datisi »

me in scumchat: we shouldn't push useless banter about mechanics
me in thread:
pushes useless banter about mechanics
~M
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

Gotta work with what you got.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Datisi »

i can't wait for clidd to barge in some page 5-6 with a 10k word essay on how and why he's got the game solved.
~M
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

I love clidd, I replaced them into their slot for Newbie 1996 specifically because I loved their style.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

them into their slot? I'm dumb. I replaced into their slot.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:18 am

Post by Datisi »

yeah, same. was scumbuddies with him once. that was fun.

pedit: until you said i didn0t even notice, my brain automatically corrected that.
~M
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

I'm caught, I'm sorry. Time to bus.