Micro 941 | Brass and Shrapnel | Game Over!

Forum rules
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 123, DkKoba wrote:
In post 117, HoldenGolden wrote:What's your read then also on Tuxedo given his participation with the WIFOM?

I'm confused overall because:
-> You said I "WIFOM'd too much" which means that there is some threshold that a town should be able to WIFOM in your eyes.
-> Then you say that town shouldn't WIFOM at all.
-> into saying to me "Have good faith in me, I am trying to move town out of RVS. You are overracting and hung up on a question."

Do you see why I am curious about my question now?
u are overanalyzing what was essentially a reaction test. its not that deep. learned that u are very defensive however, so noted.
And I am learning you aren't answering a simple question.

You can't just write it off as a reaction test since that vote was very clearly backed by more than your previous statement where you told me you like to vote people for reactions. The WIFOM is an actual read. So answer the question.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

Like even if I take that at face value and agree its a reaction test, your refusal to even discuss back with answering the question contradicts it. If it is a reaction test, why aren't you taking me up on the offer to debate the test and gain more information out of the test instead of cutting it off early and telling me to not engage inquisitively back to you?
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Do I look pretty?
not yet sentient
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 127, Hoctac wrote:Do I look pretty?
Why is there a third hand touching your breast?
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Hoctac »

It's my foot.
not yet sentient
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 129, Hoctac wrote:It's my foot.
Your foot is in a hand shaped glove?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 126, HoldenGolden wrote:Like even if I take that at face value and agree its a reaction test, your refusal to even discuss back with answering the question contradicts it. If it is a reaction test, why aren't you taking me up on the offer to debate the test and gain more information out of the test instead of cutting it off early and telling me to not engage inquisitively back to you?
holy fuck its not that deep you're so goddamn defensive over this. its literally a "maybe could be scum" thing that i saw. if u dont stop nitpicking it i'm gonna pull my ebrake up on my parked vote
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Hoctac »

In post 130, HoldenGolden wrote:
Stop making fun out of the shape of my foot D:
not yet sentient
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 131, DkKoba wrote:
In post 126, HoldenGolden wrote:Like even if I take that at face value and agree its a reaction test, your refusal to even discuss back with answering the question contradicts it. If it is a reaction test, why aren't you taking me up on the offer to debate the test and gain more information out of the test instead of cutting it off early and telling me to not engage inquisitively back to you?
holy fuck its not that deep you're so goddamn defensive over this. its literally a "maybe could be scum" thing that i saw. if u dont stop nitpicking it i'm gonna pull my ebrake up on my parked vote
What? Can you slow down for a second?

What was your goal with this?
In post 98, DkKoba wrote:anyways I think holden wifom'd too much so i think i changed my mind about voting them VOTE: holden
What reaction is a town reaction? Would expect Holden not to question it?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 132, Hoctac wrote:
I don't think your foot hand is hideous Hoctac. But I am going to have to eventually lynch you for identity theft.

What do you think about Dkkoba and Holden?
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 134, Tuxedo Mask wrote:But I am going to have to eventually lynch you for identity theft.
Does it really count as theft if you literally gave them that avatar, though? :thinking:

---

Heading to bed. DkKoba vs. HoldenGolden reads Town/Town slapfight to me at this juncture. I feel like they may just be talking past each other.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Hoctac »

In post 134, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
I don't think your foot hand is hideous Hoctac. But I am going to have to eventually lynch you for identity theft.

DkKoba seems cool and very capable of using spreadsheets! However, I did find it odd how they keep avoiding using colour in MS Paint, as if they want to make it harder to view their setup spec.

Holden seems quite skilled. He was able to deduce I was town simply from the emojis I posted alone! I would love to learn that kind of power some day.
not yet sentient
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 131, DkKoba wrote:
No, I am questioning you about your actions. It's not defensive; its reading you.

Since you say its nitpicking, let me explain more broadly. If it is a reaction test, I make a post bringing up a counter measure to your test. You then make a post that contradicts your test's logic. To me, this would invalidate the reaction test, as now town and scum would react like I am since there is faulty logic present. Instead of trying to resolve this by admitting the logic was faulty or by engaging with me about the contradiction to salvage it, you keep doing what you are doing.

All I wanted was an answer to a logical fallacy I saw. However, you assert over and over again that I am being defensive and not open minded about it, wanting me to instead drop asking you to answer the fallacy. I can't be open minded about a logical fallacy that isn't my own, and your reactions aren't answering the underlying issues I have. Now, you escalate to outright threatening me by permanently voting my slot if I don't stop asking you to clear up this fallacy.

Do you not see the issue here?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 136, Hoctac wrote:
In post 134, Tuxedo Mask wrote:

DkKoba seems cool and very capable of using spreadsheets! However, I did find it odd how they keep avoiding using colour in MS Paint, as if they want to make it harder to view their setup spec.

Holden seems quite skilled. He was able to deduce I was town simply from the emojis I posted alone! I would love to learn that kind of power some day.
Given your typing style, its not hard to deduce who you really are lol.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok whatever I was going from experience with people daystarting with scumclaims like that being scum more often than not and my origin site's meta actually having people flip scum more often than not when they do fakeclaim scum daystart.

but one thing i hate is when my early pushes get nitpicked because its literally a low information stage and im literally just flinging shit and hoping something sticks so discussion can move forward.
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 139, DkKoba wrote:ok whatever I was going from experience with people daystarting with scumclaims like that being scum more often than not and my origin site's meta actually having people flip scum more often than not when they do fakeclaim scum daystart.
Ah, if you pointed out it was from a site meta difference I would be more understanding. All you said though was "town never WIFOM" after the first part which wasn't clear that was you citing a site meta difference.
but one thing i hate is when my early pushes get nitpicked because its literally
a low information stage
and im literally just flinging shit and hoping something sticks so discussion can move forward.
I dont have info neither though. I have no issue with reaction tests nor pressuring people (as anyone who knows my meta would call me out hard if I did lol), but it's hard to gauge if a push is coming from scum or town PoV when the person pushing it doesn't answer questions. Especially since my playstyle purposely attracts the RvS switchover to gauge the person who pushes for RVS to end.

Is there any other posts that pings your radar?
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Hoctac »

In post 138, HoldenGolden wrote:Given your typing style, its not hard to deduce who you really are lol.
What do you mean? Are you referring to my MBTI personality type? I'm quite new to these kind of killing games, so I'm hoping to learn from and grow with everyone here!
not yet sentient
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 119, Hoctac wrote:Holden, could I ask why you use "->" rather than ">" or bullet points which can be accessed using BBcode? I found your choice peculiar.
First off, do I look like a programmer? bbcode is too much work and I can't be arsed to actually learn how to use it. I probably will never host my devious bastard games like "Mod's Are Vig's" where everyone kisses the Mods' asses trying not to get vig because I do not know how to format VCs.

Indeed it's your MBTI! You are a ENFJ after all.
In post 29, Hoctac wrote:Hello!
Now as an English Major (I don't know how I will make a living past covid-19), I know that this form of greetings infers an indirect object of [You guys] as the greeting is not directed at a singular object. Rather, it is discarded helplessly into the void of the thread. This establishes a strong extrovert mentality, as you are putting yourself out there for the thread to pick apart at unlike an introvert who would RVS a player they played with prior out of social anxiety.
In post 35, Hoctac wrote:How do I look?? Be honest.
This is also both an approval-seeking post asking for confirmation over the new PFP but also expressing the desire of honesty. You don't want people to lie to you since it would hurt your feelings, also confirming you are sensitive to others views on you.
In post 44, Hoctac wrote:Okay!

VOTE: Holden
In post 50, Hoctac wrote:
In post 47, HoldenGolden wrote:Hoctac vote Tuxedo
Okay!

VOTE: Tuxedo
You are again seeking approval by voting aimlessly, going with whomever wishes you to vote X previously. This also shows you are rooted in the present rather than the past or future. If you were not, then you would be more skeptical of to why people where asking you to change votes. This also showcases that you care little of where your vote actually falls onto.
In post 52, Hoctac wrote:
Oh, we're on a new page! I'm suddenly in the spotlight for everyone to critique my post... I feel uneasy.
Huh, I swear there was some form of counterargument. Like a post that went against your extrovert ways by suggesting you didn't want to stick out from the crowd. All I see is a bunch of lines through some sentences. I am sure it means nothing, and is probably a bug on the site. I shall forward this issue to our lord and savior Mith when I submit my monthly bribe to not get banned from the site.

I could go on, but you are clearly ENFJ
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 90, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 69, ceejayvinoya wrote:My vote on Holden stays. Most awkward guy so far.
Also awkward in what way?

Dont be shy. I'm apperently the socially awkward one.
This one.
In post 39, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 37, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 35, Hoctac wrote:How do I look?? Be honest.
Beautiful.
In post 36, HoldenGolden wrote:Hardclaiming insane novice macho cop/doc watcher btw
I CC, let's lynch this scum.
Haha that was a gambit son. You just got gambitted. That role doesnt even exist in this set up! Only a moron would claim it!

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Tuxedo Mask
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 105, Hoctac wrote:Are you feeling pressured by all the votes on you, Holden? I could ask people to unvote if that's the case.
Riiiight try me
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 108, Kilgamayan wrote:FWIW I tend to post little but word lots when playing in ~~~unfamiliar territory~~~

UNVOTE: DkKoba
VOTE: Night 3 Roses

Posts so far have given me a sense of playing a "safely helpful" game; decent post volume but all of the game content is focused around trying to solve the role puzzle or info dropping (such as details about a previous game that used this setup), which doesn't require any real alignment-related effort. Basically active lurking.
This is a good reason to vote roses. I approve.

VOTE: Night 3 Roses
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 118, Hoctac wrote:I see people are trying to move us out of RVS. This saddens me, as I was quite enjoying the slow pace of the game, and arguments scare me T_T
Why did you decide to play mafia then lols

It's a bit worrying that you posted nothing but fluff this page.
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Night 3 Roses »

In post 67, DkKoba wrote:lets take a look at probabilities and such firstly: its going to be a lot to take in, so any help with this would be appreciated from anyone talented with math.

we should eliminate the extreme points because frankly ,we dont want to be in a position where there's a unique power role missing (well, other than the blank vigs. they are kinda stupid).

now we are probably never going to find out which setup we are in based on claims ever, since we have no claiming etc. but we can plan based on likely outcomes of setup rolling.

There's not much depth to strategy however I have discovered a couple scenarios that DO help town gain clears and narrow down things via the n1 flips. (I agree with no claims d1 but post d1 we should 100% consider it)
(im actually incredibly tired after getting all this info up but also is of note that we shouldn't even think about scum lynched d1 because d1 scum lynched is stripped of their power to self protect and must RB others, and even NK and hope vigs kill eachother)

my brain hurts but essentially a vig that successfully shoots a supersaint can claim, especially when a bomb dies and no one else does.
you expect me to read this because then i've got some baaaad news for ya

-Ico
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Night 3 Roses »

In post 69, ceejayvinoya wrote:My vote on Holden stays. Most awkward guy so far.
awkward how and why do you think it's not just RVS?
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Night 3 Roses »

In post 87, DkKoba wrote:I MADE A FATAL MISTAKE IN MY GRAPH
was the mistake making a graph?
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!