Micro 941 | Brass and Shrapnel | Game Over!

Forum rules
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 9:51 am

Post by Night 3 Roses »

:shifty:

-D
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 9:52 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I promise not to troll twilight...

maybe...
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 9:53 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Nope...trolling now.
<(") | (")>
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Night 3 Roses »

did i miss a hammer?

-D
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 9:56 am

Post by PenguinPower »

No - we're at like 12 hours left with competing wagons on Hoctac and Ceejay, but I prefer Dk, especially for their horrible posting over the past two pages, and others are willing to join if we can get 5.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 9:57 am

Post by PenguinPower »

It was going to be a future promise, but it has been rescinded for stealing the pagetop.
<(") | (")>
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 9:57 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 673, PenguinPower wrote:Sorry - I think I disagree with your interpretation of their play so far. I think scum!Koba trying to push a mechanical solve that is probably more beneficial for scum is not town indicative, especially since they are doing so whilst applying misinterpretations/understandings of the setup. I actually don't see the scum hunting so help me see that.

Their wagon falling apart could be either town or scum indicative, I just find it interesting that it completely dissipated. Something to look at in later phases.

Don't really have any reads on other players, but I find your defense of Dk interesting.
what is my misinterpretation of the setup
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 9:58 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Three scum, didn't know that bombs couldn't be roleblocked. I don't tend to trust mechanics to people who can't even read the setup.
<(") | (")>
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

anyways I'm going to randomize the vig list I want to be followed unless anyone wants to say they're shooting someone specific because regardless of whether or not i get lynched I want it to be clear whos on who so we can have potential clears tomorrow. sorry penguin but ur disdain for attempting to play mechanically and shading me about the mechanics without a logical explaination is not pro-town.
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:00 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Of course, you're also (purposely?) misunderstanding things that I say so that's another point against as well.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:00 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Not following anything you are putting down.
<(") | (")>
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Night 3 Roses »

In post 679, PenguinPower wrote:No - we're at like 12 hours left with competing wagons on Hoctac and Ceejay, but I prefer Dk, especially for their horrible posting over the past two pages, and others are willing to join if we can get 5.
i get this is kinda hypocritical of me here but how much of the game have you read? (as a genuine question)

pedit: why do you want to alert scum on who's potentially gonna be shooting them?
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:03 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I've read the whole thing.
<(") | (")>
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Hrngh

On one hand, I'm not overly impressed by PenguinPower's stated reasons for the Koba push in and . I found myself coming up with counterarguments to most of them in my head as I was reading them. I'm not going to actively defend Koba on most of it - that's their job, not mine - but at the very least, citing setup spec/setup solve attempts as a reason for scumminess while using "in this other game that used the same setup, a town player with strong mechanical abilities botched it and their mistake won the game for scum" looks internally incongruous. Like, I'm not sure how "scum win past game due to townie beefing setup spec" implies "current game player beefing setup spec means player is scum" as opposed to "current game player beefing setup spec means player is probably town and just bad at setup spec". Particularly given the question about roleblocking and bombs, the answer to which has been public information since this game was added to the queue.

OTOH Koba's tack has noticably changed since coming under fire, which is bizarre for someone that comes from a community that tends to favor a bullying playstyle. I feel like they'd be used to irritating pressure by now? I was wondering if the change in tack was because of the misgendering, because I get how that can be very frustrating, but Koba implied it's only part of the reason, so the change in tack is at least partially because of game pressure.

I guess what this means is that I'm no longer willing to vote for the clidd slot currently occupied by PenguinPower, and I am substantially more open to voting for Koba than I was before. I will be interested to see where this goes once Koba has cooled off.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 673, PenguinPower wrote:Sorry - I think I disagree with your interpretation of their play so far. I think scum!Koba trying to push a mechanical solve that is probably more beneficial for scum is not town indicative, especially since they are doing so whilst applying misinterpretations/understandings of the setup. I actually don't see the scum hunting so help me see that.

Their wagon falling apart could be either town or scum indicative, I just find it interesting that it completely dissipated. Something to look at in later phases.
So this quote is them explaining their playstyle.
In post 315, DkKoba wrote:my "scumreads" are always meant to annoy prod and push players to getting emotional. emotion betrays alignment more often than not. is that more clear?
They do this with me, Holden, and Kilga throughout the game. These interactions show active scum hunting, by their style, I just feel that the way other players have reacted has negatively impacted this style pretty hard. So I think there is a difference between NOT scum hunting, and to have your method of scum hunting not work.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:08 am

Post by PenguinPower »

A bit of irony, no?

:lol:
<(") | (")>
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 686, Night 3 Roses wrote:
In post 679, PenguinPower wrote:No - we're at like 12 hours left with competing wagons on Hoctac and Ceejay, but I prefer Dk, especially for their horrible posting over the past two pages, and others are willing to join if we can get 5.
i get this is kinda hypocritical of me here but how much of the game have you read? (as a genuine question)

pedit: why do you want to alert scum on who's potentially gonna be shooting them?

they can't stop 2 shots at either of them. we get the highest chance of scum getting shot at night and less vigs dying to bombs this way.

if the general consensus is to play suboptimally so be it but I'm offering a way to generate clears(and we can use our brains to actually figure out who would be clear).

It feels like penguin prefers chaos to a plan which in my experience is nearly always a scumtell.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:10 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 553, Tuxedo Mask wrote:#42 What were you hoping to accomplish with it?
#66 and #69 (Nice) are both pretty weak, the joke feels forced as well as the vote, he also ignores the posts Koba is putting out.
#135 What about the interact reads as TVT? How was Holden talk passed, Koba? I feel they were actively trying to engage.
#176 Can you answer this now?
#263What about that makes Hoctac town?
# 472 is referring to the end game of Newbie 1996, and I'd like Holden to elaborate on what he means here. From what I'm reading I disagree with his assessment, as my question was about how it's best for town me to respond to long-form accusations. Which isn't something that has come up this game.
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... start=2300 ( I tried to make this look nice and failed.)
#536 Why are you voting Koba? What has changed to make you okay semi engaging them? Were you hoping for a reaction with a naked vote?

Read list:

Town
HoldenGolden: Has a natural and easy-going way about their posts, that feel good tonally. They're also engaged, asking lots of questions and getting lots of content out there.
Roses: Much the same, but not nearly as active. It's also a bit hard to pin them down to being a hydra, for example they don't seem to agree on a read for DKKoba. What is your read on Koba? It seems town, but your response to #364 seems to be against that.
Hoctac: It also feels natural, and their strange questions and more focus on humor seem to be playstyle indictive rather than anything else. Their recent burst of activity looks good too, though I disagree with their take on Roses.
Clidd: I'd like to see more from them, but what I have I like. They're always a very open player, and I follow the logic that they are laying out. There discussion about Koba with Holden specifically looks very town motivated from both of them.
Kilga: I've not seen anything I dislike from them, but they've been pretty passive. They get a nulltown lean. Who's your top scum read at the moment?
CJ & Enomis: I think there is a good chance of scum here, it would explain the weird purgatory game state. With scum being very passive and under the radar. However, having just completed Newbie 2001 I'm willing to wait on Enomis here. Cj on the other hand has been much active, but not saying anything.
@CJ You say you have sheep playstyle, but there have been multiple pushes from players, what about them hasn't appealed to you? Why would you go for Enomis over anyone else?

I feel like this whole game has just a conga-line of players waiting for other players to respond. Dkkoba retrospective comes next.

Spoiler: Quotes I'm asking about
In post 42, DkKoba wrote:
In post 26, Kilgamayan wrote:imo what to do with someone that doesn't want to hammer depends on how they handle the situation. Someone that goes "no I'm townreading them and that's that" and shoves their fingers in their ears can be sent to the guillotine the next day because that reeks of scum wanting to avoid hammering a supersaint. I'd be substantially more willing to give leeway to someone that goes "I'm townreading this person for A B C reasons and I think the case against them doesn't fly for X Y Z reasons" and actually makes an effort to dissuade the lynch onto someone else they find scummier. (Assuming their argumentation isn't all bunk, of course.)
Too much word salad 2/10
VOTE: kilga
In post 66, ceejayvinoya wrote:I will now forever refer to bombs as the bada bing bada booms
In post 69, ceejayvinoya wrote:My vote on Holden stays. Most awkward guy so far.
In post 135, Kilgamayan wrote:
In post 134, Tuxedo Mask wrote:But I am going to have to eventually lynch you for identity theft.
Does it really count as theft if you literally gave them that avatar, though? :thinking:

---

Heading to bed. DkKoba vs. HoldenGolden reads Town/Town slapfight to me at this juncture. I feel like they may just be talking past each other.
In post 176, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 172, Night 3 Roses wrote:now i'm just confused. was that a tuxedo townread, ceejay scumread, both, or neither?

-D
But what were you going to say before Hoctac answered? When you thought the question was addressed as you.
In post 263, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 160, Hoctac wrote:I'm not sure, I'm still getting my bearings in this game. Some people seem very friendly but I'm not sure if being friendly makes someone town or mafia.

Also, I liked the person who made the first push against Night 3 Roses. For making the push itself; I think it was productive and useful of them!
Hoctac could be townie after all I guess.

How much mafia have you played @hoctac?
In post 472, HoldenGolden wrote:Alright disclamer, too much drinking. I've lost track of tjme(I think the sun is coming for me) and fuck if I can read.

So imma just goddam say it and say that tuxedo clothes me and I dont know quite why but he pingles me. Prob paranoids from telling the secrets of how to respond to shit in that newbie. Intuink hisbinteraction with the other dunk badtard showed this because hebfucking did it. He just did it on? It's hard to fucking explain.

Tuxedo is a bad fudge
In post 536, enomis wrote:VOTE: dkkoba
In post 486, Night 3 Roses wrote:In post 364, DkKoba wrote:
i answerd ur dumb questions nerd nerd and ur pivot is not logically consistent. ur tone towards me suggested u thought i was town. so ur sudden pivot is not genuine.

How to burn thru towncredit in 1 sentence or less, Walter

is your question within this post tuxedo?
(DM me)

Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Also:
In post 634, PenguinPower wrote:Why do we want Ceejay lynched?
Quick summary is that he's been both low volume and low content, and doesn't really seem to have notable negative feelings about anyone, not since the N3R unvote in . He's expressed misgivings about enomis but they apparently aren't enough to warrant a vote.
~ Edible
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:12 am

Post by PenguinPower »

He's always low volume and low content.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:13 am

Post by PenguinPower »

He also looks like he's getting replaced.
<(") | (")>
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 688, Kilgamayan wrote:Hrngh

On one hand, I'm not overly impressed by PenguinPower's stated reasons for the Koba push in and . I found myself coming up with counterarguments to most of them in my head as I was reading them. I'm not going to actively defend Koba on most of it - that's their job, not mine - but at the very least, citing setup spec/setup solve attempts as a reason for scumminess while using "in this other game that used the same setup, a town player with strong mechanical abilities botched it and their mistake won the game for scum" looks internally incongruous. Like, I'm not sure how "scum win past game due to townie beefing setup spec" implies "current game player beefing setup spec means player is scum" as opposed to "current game player beefing setup spec means player is probably town and just bad at setup spec". Particularly given the question about roleblocking and bombs, the answer to which has been public information since this game was added to the queue.

OTOH Koba's tack has noticably changed since coming under fire, which is bizarre for someone that comes from a community that tends to favor a bullying playstyle. I feel like they'd be used to irritating pressure by now? I was wondering if the change in tack was because of the misgendering, because I get how that can be very frustrating, but Koba implied it's only part of the reason, so the change in tack is at least partially because of game pressure.

I guess what this means is that I'm no longer willing to vote for the clidd slot currently occupied by PenguinPower, and I am substantially more open to voting for Koba than I was before. I will be interested to see where this goes once Koba has cooled off.
I'm experienced enough not to yell to my grave and to slow down when I'm under pressure.

I do want to have a plan going into n1 that isnt just "shoot my scumread" for vigs.

I was looking for a way to get clear vigs on d2, which should not be "beefed" since there's no way for scum to "Clear" themselves unless town doesn't cc a kill.
(DM me)

Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

@PenguinPower: It's still suspect no matter how often he does it. If he does indeed get a replacement and the replacement produces content and opinions, though, then I'd be willing to drop the suspicion. (Assuming, of course, that the content and opinions aren't terrible, etc. etc. etc.)
~ Edible
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:16 am

Post by DkKoba »

I do prefer to be on the attack and every second I'm forced to be on the defense is frustrating because I want to Find Scum rather than have to shove off shitpushes.
(DM me)

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2020 10:16 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Bad D1 lynch is all I'm saying.