Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1069, Menalque wrote:Okay, I'm gonna lay my cards on the table before I go to sleep

Spoiler:
Town:

Bingle
-- I am still a little iffy, quite frankly, about how he characterised my interaction with Datisi, but it didn't feel like a shitpush looking back at it. There's still some elements in his ISO that make me uneasy, like his hard townread on dats as of . I don't really care about/understand any of the mechanics so I haven't really read any of those posts. I'm hoping some town who's better than me at processing it can double check it, but I also kind of trust him that scum!him doesn't lie about mechanics anyway. He's not wrong that I kind of made up (or at least made up the reasons even if the gut feel was really there). I agree with his take that in a world where he's town, the turkey could be sheeping along with my push. Reading back I'm still personally bugged by the way he seemed at times to be interacting with me in bad faith (see: but after checking that with datisi, S_S) I think it's more likely me being over sensitive because he was calling me scum. If he is scum tho, and his partners aren't exactly (datisi, S_S) then I get to point out that he was, in fact, engaging me in bad faith and you guys should have backed me up. Ahem, I digress. I think the way he's clashing with me makes sense if he has a genuine scumread on me at the time he says he does, I like his shift onto gobbles because it came at a time I was thinking about doing the same thing but he pre-empted me, and honestly I don't think scum!him pushes
me
(knowing how much I hate being shitpushed and how tunnely and hyperposty I can be) for reasons as bad as the ones he gave when he was scumreading me. This may be a little arrogant: I don't care.

Datisi
-- I just feel like she's being honest in her interactions with me. Could she be faking being pissed off (or genuinely pissed off but bc she feels caught for the wrong reasons) at the beginning? Sure. Could she just be overall emotionally manipulating me to make me feel guilty for being uneasy on her? Also very possible. But fuck if this doesn't just feel like town!datisi. I think skitter is right too that her being sort of passive may actually be a towntell, with her not trying too hard to get into the towncore.

Maria
-- called out both gobbles and skitter at times when I was thinking similar things about them being weird and/or scummy. if gobbles and skitter were to flip town then would be worth revisiting as possible pushing things that look optically scummy without being so. But mostly I jam with those reads at the times when they came.

slightly weaker town:

fb
-- I would feel better about this if he actually produced his analyses of 3 players including a faked one. As I'm writing this I'm kind of realising that I don't have as clear reasons for townreading him as I thought and so I've moved him into this weak town category instead of letting him sit with the other three. There's, to an extent, the same thing happening with pure boi -- he's townier than the people at the bottom and there can only be so many scum. If there were a couple of town flips there, he'd definitely be someone to revisit. Overall, I feel this level of presence reminds me of him being town. I am cautious about that too though, as I've never seen scum!him, I don't think. There are bits of solving in ISO that look genuine to me too (see: , , , , ). So, in conclusion: remembered him as town, couldn't put my finger on why, looked at his ISO as part of making this readslist and now feel better about this read again. He'll probably be horrendously offended to be my 4th highest towered.

Townlean:

Blake
-- she really hasn't done enough for me to feel good about her being town but I liked her readslist a lot and it seemed to line up very well with mine. I think her seeing the game that similarly to me is probably enough for me to just leave her here for now. I wouldn't say this is locked in, but I'd feel better if she lynches scum today.

Pure boi
-- idk, he doesn't feel manipulative to me here (not that he ever does so *shrug*). he's mostly in town lean because I do feel positively about him even if it's not for good reasons, and because there are a bunch of slots I feel worse about (and there's only 3 scum). A good place to revisit if 2/3 of my bottom 3 turn up town.

True null:

S_S
-- honestly he felt fine right at the beginning, but I didn't love his re-entry and what he seemed to focus on with his comments. He's someone I read as town when he's not (I've never successfully identified scum!S_S) but also someone liable to being pushed by scum when he's town because of his fairly idiosyncratic style. I'd err town here, honestly, if it weren't for me not liking his reads on the game. On the flip side, is the CW to my favourite take for scum who's being pushed by my top take for scum and another slot I feel uneasy about. Leaving him here for now, not interested in lynching today. Hoping to sheep someone good at reading him.

Scumlean:

skitter30
-- I really don't jam with skitter this game, and that's weird because in the past when we've both been town, we normally do. That being said, I think that mislynching skitter on D1 is basically a wet dream for scum, and so I'm not really interested in lynching here. I find it strange that she can't get to more solid reads given that she has got a conception of what she thinks scum would be doing, and that she won't narrow it down further.

chem
-- I haven't really seen him do anything in line with what I expect from town him. I think dodging and promising content later while being funny is much more in line with scum!chem then town!chem who I think does always try to provide reads even when he's strapped for time or not around or whatever. But being lurky on D1 is not necessarily a scumtell for chem and he often gets mislynched to it. Plausibly scum, but not really an ideal D1, I don't think.

Scum:

lilith2013
-- my weakest scumread of the three, but also I think playing an under-the-radar game while not being actually lurky. I've been intentionally ignoring her at points, and she doesn't really seem bothered by it which is lowkey something I'd expect from someone intersested in solving the game. There's quite a lot of her describing what's happened rather than analysing it imo (see: , ). She's pushing bingle with cover from my push earlier, I think, which also twigs me as off. I think I could be wrong here because I have less experience with her, and I do tend a little towards scumreading those I have less experience with in PLs like this (there's like a brief golden period after 1-2 games played with someone where I feel good about it before I start getting really paranoid about being wrong on them in the future -- see: datisi, Iconeum, ducky). I overall get a strong vibe of her wanting to look like she's doing stuff without really doing stuff. It also pings me mildly that she felt the need to make as I think town that's busy typically just is busy and tends to drop content in when they can rather than excuse their not being able to do so. It's not lockscumable imo, but it is a tell that I've used and had used against me in the past and that in conjunction with the other stuff is enough for her to be in my solve.

PP
-- seems to be flying under the radar and avoiding committing to things, even when directly asked. (see: me asking about bingle) Generally, he reminds me more of when I modded for scum!pinguino, and the overall approach there (do little proactive, be funny and sassy, respond when needed) than times when we've been town together (see: turret's bizarre adventure pt2 where I also think he was more pro-active). Notable that he was the first one to hop off when the turkey got to fake L-1.

turkey
-- when me and gobbles were fighting, he seemed happy to get onboard. His presence has generally been very weak, and he really reminds me here of how he approached his Team Mafia game. He's good enough as scum to fake it to an extent, but not to be excited. I agree with Maria that he lacks the intense conviction in what he's doing that he has when town.
While I do -very much- appreciate the
effort
you put in this, I kinda feel like this is a really bad readlist from my PoV (which is always subjective, y'know). Mainly I "think" you are TRing scum and SRing town (or more to it, I don't think there's scum below your NULL line) !!!!

Still, I can't really say I'm confident enough in my current reads (and I do have less scum reads than I should, tbh) so I'm not going to go into more details. I'll just say you've got my strongest 2 TRs below your Null line.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1082, Firebringer wrote:i agree both PP and gobbles are flying under radar. Not so sure about lilith.
I mean, seriously.. if I was reading the game from outside at the time I'd be shocked you're calling out all 3 of them and ignoring my slot! Like, unless you really are a Cop (and there are no alignment Cops in this setup) AND you were given a N0 check on chemist (This setup has a day start) I don't know why chemist has been given this slack WHILE you are attacking other people for "flying under radar".

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1134, gobbledygook wrote:First things first, every single person who has voted my wagon needs to substantiate their reason for voting me. The list of people who need to substantiate why they voted me:
- Bingle
- Datisi
- Menalque
- MariaR
- Pink Ball
- Firebringer
- PenguinPower
How much are you willing to bet 2 group scums are in this list? (And if there's a SK they're in it too).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

EoP 48. Do we really take the SK claim for granted here? Do we lynch or leash them?

FTR, I didn't see a "crumb", but I got the gist Turkey was hinting [redacted] in particular when he said [redacted] (1st redaction is a TPR)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1208, Pink Ball wrote:I'm saying skitter said she saw the crumbs because it was convenient for her to say that, 'cause it's something you can wash off easily too ("Oh I guess what I saw wasn't a crumb then")
No. I did too. As I said; it was not a crumb per se that I thought I saw, but a hint of some sort. I also still doubt a SK would actually claim on D1 (although this is the Turkey and I witnessed him truthfully claiming he was culted and even outing the other player who was culted and was still alive, so I dunno how I feel about it really).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1214, lilith2013 wrote:4) skitter and gobbles are both scum and skitter is covering for gobbles?
skitter is scum with gobbles who then decided to claim SK, thus giving the SK 2 confirmed scum targets to eliminate??

P.S. Surely you're not suggesting Scum know there is no SK, because (a) I don't see a scum team composition that only exists in the lack of a SK, and (b) it would be even more stupid to claim SK and then have a single NK every night, or have 2 NKs and then have a Vig flipping.

All-in-all, I don;t believe skitter is scum with the Turkey for a second.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1230, Pink Ball wrote:I come home in the morning light
My mother says, "when you gonna live your life right?"
Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
And Ball, he wanna have fun
Ponk Ball just want to have fun
Man, time after time I'm gonna just say your true colours are beautiful like rainbow.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1234, lilith2013 wrote:what’s “wim”?
Short for Wimpy; a fast food chain of restaurants that existed before McDonalds (funnily enough they were headquartered in Chicago, which is now where McDonald's is headquartered). Nowadays; Wimpy is based in South Africa and have now became more of a casual dining style diners chain (and ceased to exist in many countries they previously have been pretty much big in)

I hope that was helpful. You're welcome. :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1266, Menalque wrote:
In post 1262, skitter30 wrote:I think that leashing killing roles is close to impossible the first night since there might be a bus driver

It might be better just to lynch him actually
+1, we still lynch gobbles today

I respect him trying to make a deal, but fundamentally he doesn’t have a town wincon and right now he’s in the weakest negotiating position. The more scum that die, the stronger the town position becomes and the weaker gobbles’ position becomes because we need him less and less to help. So there’s actually very little incentive for him as SK to help eliminate his top SRs. Equally, if we mislynch then his position becomes stronger because there’ll be a worry that we need to lynch scum and to try and deal with the SK later which is more likely to lead to some sort of weird kingmaker scenario in late game.

Scumhunting outside gobbles is fine now but we need to be willing to rewagon him to death by end of day. Talking of: VOTE: PP
Wouldn't you deciding to lynch the Turkey in advance make any other wagoning worthless?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1302, Pink Ball wrote:@skitter I don't buy your explanation. Thinking that gobble is crumbing because he used the word doctor in a post is looking down on gobble as a player and I don't think you would do that. Also, I already explained why it would be convenient for you to say out loud that you saw the crumb
And you wouldn't look down on a player who claims SK on D1?? COME ON!!!

Like, I do like gobbles
as a person
, and I like his company in games because he is funny (sometimes) but the quality of his play is not as likable (but I'm not complaining only because I am Town here. If I was Scum I'd be furious, like in that game where he claimed culted and refused to play ball with the scum team)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1308, skitter30 wrote:
In post 684, gobbledygook wrote:I am shocked they are not town reads!! Do you think we need to call their doctors?
like this looks like a natural usage of the word doctor to you?
it's really weird both in and out of context
You still need to learn about crumbs though. Like. if I was a Doctor I'd be as subtle as posting..

Spoiler:

Or

Spoiler:

Or even

Spoiler:

which would have all went totally unnoticed. Right? :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

And AP has just suggested an even better one:

Spoiler:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1310, Something_Smart wrote:OH.

Now I'm embarrassed I didn't see that one myself.
You're no alone. I though he was a totally different PR.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I even had him at the TOP of my readlist because of it. :oops: (and now a certain UK south coast resident has one on me)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1318, Datisi wrote:^^ he's going to kill me because he doesn't know how to read me so can we please lynch the literal claimed scum thank you
I dunno about that. I would always think I am the Turkey's 1st choice, but I'm not too worried and I will let him live for at least one more day if the Town agrees to.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1327, Menalque wrote:VOTE: turkey
I will also hammer this if it's within hammering range by the time I'm all caught up.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1337, gobbledygook wrote:Why wouldn’t he take the guaranteed not group scum flip and just kill me here if he was group scum?
1- An extra NK os always welcome by scum, especially if they think your reads are bad
2- Because we get to wagon someone else and either have a claim or mislynch, and then you are the lynch of tomorrow, so we are wasting 2 days without lynching group scum

FTR, S_S is my prime suspect too, but I really shouldn't be outing my full readlist right now.

STILL HIDING BEHIND MARIA IF I AM THE HIDER

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1347, Blake Belladonna wrote:Because I know I will be asked, I am voting for lilith2013 because I do not have a townread on her.
Fair enough. I'm not going to even bother ask you why you've been ignoring chemist either, but I do expect to have a read on me (by you) by the the time I'm caught up (I think I posted enough for you to gutread or meta or do whatever you decided to do this game if you are Town here).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1359, Menalque wrote:your wincon or “be the last bird standing”
If that was his wincom he would be shooting PP and not me. "The last animal in the zoo" is more like it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

FTR, I am reevaluating ALL of my reads. I only have 2 confident TRs at this point. Everyone else I will reconsider I think.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In fact, here's a request from
EVERYBODY
: Could you please out your read on me.my slot before I start giving reads?

P.S. I am not even guaranteed to give a full readlist on D1. I think it best if I kept the details for myself and only outed what I think is beneficial to town at this point. Like, if I say I SR S_S it's a good thing for town because if he is Scum he gets checked and caught and if he is town scum are less likely to kill him on N1. I don't think S_S could be lynched on D1 as either alignment, so this one works fine and I have no problem stating it out loud now. Also, if I'm the Tracker that's certainly not where I will track, and if I'm the JK I am unlikely to block him (and that's how WIFOM works, because now S_S doesn't know whether to do the kill if he is scum or not, because he knows better than to believe anything I say) :lol:

Also outing my strongest TRs is bad in case I am a Doctor, so... no full readlist from me on D1.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1410, skitter30 wrote:mena when do we get to push chemist for not doing anything
Err.. never?? (Sorry to disappoint you. Still love you and all) :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1412, Menalque wrote:I kind of don’t want to lynch gobbles now I know that he’s SK because that puzzle piece is solved but I’m pretty much set on that being correct play
Can you bloody make up your mind on that already?? Cuz I'm mainly sheeping you on this one.

In fact:

@Bingle: What is the correct play here? Lynch gobble on D1 or let him live for a day or two?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Like, if it was the duck I would have been certain I wanted him to live (See? I'm not a racist. Not auto-lynching everything that has feathers on it) :twisted:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1413, Menalque wrote:I actually really disliked smart’s efforts to preserve gobble because I think that gobble is very much not going to play pro-town however much he says he will, because I respect gobble too much to thing he would disregard his wincon just because
I can .. like.. testify in his favour in that he will try to play pro-town. I am worried about his reads and his stubbornness though. Like, if he decided I was scum not even the mod could convince him otherwise, hence my indecision.