Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Datisi »

okay fine

i was gonna respond something along the lines of "i put on a persona only when playing scum, as town my reactions are genuine, do you really not see the difference" and also you legit got my hopes up that my scumgame's improved but if you haven't even read the main thread ISO of the game well alriGHTY THEN
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Something_Smart »

For what it's worth, I think lilith's recent interactions are much closer to how I would expect her to play as scum than her earlier ones were.
Shame on a martyr claiming friends
From either perspective of &
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Blake Belladonna »

In post 2171, Menalque wrote:
Hi

How you feeling about datisi and mariaR?
Datisi is still town.
MariaR is somebody I don't like to have particularly strong reads on day one.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Menalque »

What about lilith and SS? Do you think this is possible theatre or not?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Menalque »

And if it’s not do you still prefer lilith?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Menalque »

Does anyone know if Maria does play for pocketing people?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:58 am

Not to my knowledge?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Datisi »

blake are you purposefully changing your avatars?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2175, Datisi wrote:okay fine

i was gonna respond something along the lines of "i put on a persona only when playing scum, as town my reactions are genuine, do you really not see the difference" and also you legit got my hopes up that my scumgame's improved but if you haven't even read the main thread ISO of the game well alriGHTY THEN
Well hey it’s improved to the point that I wasn’t reading it going “lmao how has no one called datisi scum here she’s playing super off her towngame” but then it became hard trying to analyse what was genuinely scummy or not scummy in your posting and I stopped trying because brain tired

Also I do lol but this feels like basically the most you’ve talked to me in days and I appreciate it
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:04 pm

In post 2182, Datisi wrote:blake are you purposefully changing your avatars?
No.

I have specific 'subpersonalities' for each of my Blake avatars, and I'm finding that I feel disquieted posting under any of the other ones I've attempted to use.

The way I attempt to express my thoughts do change based on the avatar I'm using.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Datisi »

Menalque wrote:

Well hey it’s improved to the point that I wasn’t reading it going “lmao how has no one called datisi scum here she’s playing super off her towngame” but then it became hard trying to analyse what was genuinely scummy or not scummy in your posting and I stopped trying because brain tired

Also I do lol but this feels like basically the most you’ve talked to me in days and I appreciate it
that lowkey feels like a very backhanded compliment

also you're welcome?
~M
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:05 pm

In post 2178, Menalque wrote:What about lilith and SS? Do you think this is possible theatre or not?
In post 2179, Menalque wrote:And if it’s not do you still prefer lilith?
I do still prefer Lilith.

I have not seen anything that indicates to me that Lilith is town as of this point, still. I'd have to think more about Something_Smart, because I would not normally expect the appeal to emotion that he used earlier. My gut reaction is to townread it, but that falls into a known bias of mine and so I'm very wary to follow through with that.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2182, Datisi wrote:blake are you purposefully changing your avatars?
In post 2161, Menalque wrote:Remember everyone that if someone’s avi changes to a minutely different one during game then datisi is conf!scum
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:08 pm

My primary fear regarding Something_Smart is that he is the type of player where if you don't go on the initiative towards sorting him while there's room to do so, he has a tendency to fall to the wayside and not be sorted again. This is what I find threatening about his scumgame, but it's also awkward in the sense that he's also not the easiest player to read early on in the game either.

If there was a way to force the game to predicate itself on his alignment being inherently high value to know, this would be solved, but I'm uncertain of how to achieve this at the moment.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:08 pm

My primary fear regarding Something_Smart is that he is the type of player where if you don't go on the initiative towards sorting him while there's room to do so, he has a tendency to fall to the wayside and not be sorted again. This is what I find threatening about his scumgame, but it's also awkward in the sense that he's also not the easiest player to read early on in the game either.

If there was a way to force the game to predicate itself on his alignment being inherently high value to know, this would be solved, but I'm uncertain of how to achieve this at the moment.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:08 pm

Thanks, Menalque.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2185, Datisi wrote:
Menalque wrote:

also you're welcome?
See we were having a lovely moment and then you take this as a backhanded compliment instead a genuine one because ????

I’m not saying you were bad as scum I’m saying I think I used to (after that first game lmao) pick up on your scum games really effectively (partly bc I was reading them all) and that I wouldn’t have been able to in b&s

That’s just like a straight compliment

Why don’t you ever just shitpost with me anymore

Pedit: ur welcome I went to a lot of effort finding those gifs
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Menalque »

How come you didn’t TR lilith’s AtE then? She did a big load of AtE when I was pushing her as my top scumread which actually did make me think she wasn’t scum after all, although I’m also fucking awful at reading lilith based on reading through her games since she got back onto site and really don’t trust my read on her
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Menalque »

I think this is one of those hard games where scum is actually trying and I would much prefer it if scum could just lie down and let me take a win in my first game back tyvm
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Menalque »

Sidebar: did you make the avatars yourself, Blake?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:14 pm

In post 2186, Blake Belladonna wrote:I'd have to think more about Something_Smart, because I would not normally expect the appeal to emotion that he used earlier.
To be clear, I wasn't trying to appeal to anything. I was just expressing my frustration, but you are right that I don't express emotion like that frequently.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:15 pm

In post 2192, Menalque wrote:How come you didn’t TR lilith’s AtE then? She did a big load of AtE when I was pushing her as my top scumread which actually did make me think she wasn’t scum after all, although I’m also fucking awful at reading lilith based on reading through her games since she got back onto site and really don’t trust my read on her
Because I'm more partial to the way Something_Smart appealed. Pushing back and saying that there isn't a case does nothing for me. Making points about why something they're doing doesn't make sense if they have a red PM is much more convincing to me since that's a common way that I handle wagons on myself. I have a tendency to trust points like that even though it's not inherently the case, which is why I'm not entirely taking that in stride.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Blake: My point about Maria staying silent about me announcing I'm targeting her is the strongest point in my view. If I were to say I am targeting Blake tonight, how would you react? Would you say something like "That's fine by me" or "I would rather you didn't announce that in case there's a BD"? Or would you just ignore it and not comment about it? Assuming you're Town in that case, I mean.

Maria didn't even try to engage me -as of yet- and didn't actually engage anyone in any AI manner so far. If she was a PT (thus trying to avoid being a loud voice on D1) she knows well that Scum will most likely target her with something or another tonight for that. Like, if I was Scum and Maria wasn't on my team and I saw her doing practically nothing I would most certainly kill or RB her just to be safe. If there's no JOAT in play killing her N1 seems like the only option though.

Maria's no noob as either alignment and she knows exactly what she's doing and what the consequences are. She also knows it's hard to get her lynched without a hard guilty on her.

The second point is regarding her vote on gobble without saying a thing about S_S (the counterwagon) at all. ISO her. She says she wants gobble or skitter and no mention of S_S (neither positive or negative) at all. That's probably her keeping her options wide open in the future to go back and push S_S (if he is Town) or even bus him (if he is Scum and she needs the towncred to get to endgame).

I mean, I could vote S_S to L-1 and force a claim out of him now if that's what people want me to do, but if S_S is town I think it's best to keep his role for himself.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 2191, Menalque wrote:
In post 2185, Datisi wrote:
Menalque wrote:

also you're welcome?
See we were having a lovely moment and then you take this as a backhanded compliment instead a genuine one because ????

I’m not saying you were bad as scum I’m saying I think I used to (after that first game lmao) pick up on your scum games really effectively (partly bc I was reading them all) and that I wouldn’t have been able to in b&s

That’s just like a straight compliment

Why don’t you ever just shitpost with me anymore

Pedit: ur welcome I went to a lot of effort finding those gifs
i love the "after that first game"

maybe (maybe) it was an error on my part but it did kinda feel like it

also sorry i was under the impression that we're having a Serious Sorting Session
~M
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:16 pm

In post 2195, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2186, Blake Belladonna wrote:I'd have to think more about Something_Smart, because I would not normally expect the appeal to emotion that he used earlier.
To be clear, I wasn't trying to appeal to anything. I was just expressing my frustration, but you are right that I don't express emotion like that frequently.
Correct.

I was looking to indicate what I was referring to without having to link it, but it was not precise, no.