Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:00 am

Post by votato »

VOTE: khan
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:00 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 141, votato wrote:
In post 137, HoldenGolden wrote:Votato, picture me and you as scum for a moment. You indicate to me that you want to coordinate a push onto a townie named KASLAM based off a frabicated scum slip. I say sure but then in the thread you post the slip on KASLAM yet its quoted by another player (or vice versa. KASLAM is quoted saying something he didnt).

Would you expect me to go through with it?

The whole execution of the slip logic is so sloppily done that I dont buy it was premeditated between them. Theres not enough there to support that narrative over others like scum!khan fueling town!drew for example.
i mean you're right but at the same time, the fabricated quote seems to pretty clearly come from some sort of scum gambit, and i have a hard time explaining it in any context. so you're right that the coordination story is strange given quotegate, but quotegate is strange in any context, and so i dont think the one can be used to disprove the other
If you think it's very clearly to come from a scum gambit, why drew over khan than? Could you try to explain what the payoff of the scum gambit is? I found the actual quotinggating Nai and it was the promoting the slip at an opportune time instead of answering the doubt to be scummy.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:01 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

Oh well thats....um ok.

That's a rule violation but I digress to avoid propagating the rules breach
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:02 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 147, Genghis Khan wrote:An action comitted in anger is an action doomed to failure, people.

Anyway, I am heavily overgamed. Calling in Alexander the Great.
Also side note, fucking Alexander the Great is trash. At least with Genghis Khan he successfully governed his territories enough so they could be somewhat fuctional after death.

Alexander was a great tactician, but ruler? Pff. Couldnt even invade India.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:03 am

Post by votato »

im indifferent between drew and khan. i think they're both scum. i've already moved my vote to khan. its L-2 to be clear
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:20 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 117, votato wrote:ok my early solve is {genghis, drew}. sleeper is 100% town, and so far both tux and holden are weak townreads.
Yep, this makes sense. I also have the same reads on tux and holden.
In post 119, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 109, votato wrote:unrelated to the game, tuxedo and i are lovers
In post 117, votato wrote:ok my early solve is {genghis, drew}. sleeper is 100% town, and so far both tux and holden are weak townreads.
Agreed to both. That's why I wanted to know if Kahn and Drew were lovers. Now know they aren't their coordination on you seems scummy. The push is weak, and they both made the same weird mistake about Holden. Not sure about Sleeper being so towny though. I like Ray.
This also makes sense, except I slightly scum lean Ray. continuing catch-up
In post 123, Raya36 wrote:
In post 116, SleeperSoul wrote:Okay, well I only said "I'm not entirely opposed", it was mostly just lighthearted banter.
Alright. Would you be willing to lynch yourself and votato?
no
In post 124, votato wrote:
In post 120, SleeperSoul wrote:I do buy that votato could read me like this. But I'm scratching my head at the solve.

I should probably get some rest though, I've been up all night and it's almost noon.
see? up all night together. the solve comes from genghis making the weird misquote thing and coordinating with drew. im pretty sure my iso lays that out already. it certainly lays out all my thoughts on drew.

uhuh uhuh... i like it!
In post 128, Raya36 wrote:I've never played this setup before but I intend to use my PT to sort Drew and I think that's in the best interest of all town

okay, town leaning Raya now
In post 131, HoldenGolden wrote:Here's my stance on the Mr. Khan/drew situation.

I don't like Khan's (if I mislink, it's the one with the messed up quote) due to not understanding how the hell the quote was messed up that badly. However, I confess that isnt AI on it's own. What I think is scummy is that Khan prioritized pushing the slip without addressing the mess up quote at the same time drew begun to push.
This makes sense.
In post 137, HoldenGolden wrote:Votato, picture me and you as scum for a moment. You indicate to me that you want to coordinate a push onto a townie named KASLAM based off a frabicated scum slip. I say sure but then in the thread you post the slip on KASLAM yet its quoted by another player (or vice versa. KASLAM is quoted saying something he didnt).

Would you expect me to go through with it?

The whole execution of the slip logic is so sloppily done that I dont buy it was premeditated between them. Theres not enough there to support that narrative over others like scum!khan fueling town!drew for example.
This is very townie.
In post 147, Genghis Khan wrote:An action comitted in anger is an action doomed to failure, people.

Anyway, I am heavily overgamed. Calling in Alexander the Great.
wtf?

VOTE: khan

This is shameful. Much dishonor!
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 139, SleeperSoul wrote:Guys I've been busy in another game..... based on that game and the PT my town read on votato is pretty strong. I'll try to catch up later.
Can you give some details for why he's such strong town to you?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

That's L-1.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 146, Genghis Khan wrote:YOU PUSH ME FOR THE QUOTE MIXUP?

Holder's post was quoted from my previous post somehow, and upon realising, I formatted the post to get rid of Holden's but managed to mess it up. How is this in any way scum-motivated?
I don't understand how the quote messed up but I don't think that makes sense as a scum gambit. And if it was it was very poorly executed. I mean post 7? Really?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Raya36 »

Can we maybe not L-1 someone getting replaced Sleeper? L-2 is ok but give the replacement time to catch up first maybe
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

UNVOTE: Kahn
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:39 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 156, Raya36 wrote:
In post 139, SleeperSoul wrote:Guys I've been busy in another game..... based on that game and the PT my town read on votato is pretty strong. I'll try to catch up later.
Can you give some details for why he's such strong town to you?

Because of the other game, I think we can read each other pretty well through live interaction.

Not sure what more I can say without breaking the rules on ongoing games.
In post 159, Raya36 wrote:Can we maybe not L-1 someone getting replaced Sleeper? L-2 is ok but give the replacement time to catch up first maybe

Okay I'll be nice
UNVOTE: khan

But I trust votato's play

p-edit: oh thanks tux, nevermind VOTE: khan
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Raya36 »

So its essentially a meta read then correct?
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 162, Raya36 wrote:So its essentially a meta read then correct?
yeah, maybe?

I'd call it a soul-read.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Meta, if you're unfamiliar with the word, meaning you're reading them based on comparing their play this game to their play in another game
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by SleeperSoul »

Yeah, it is reading based on information from the other game. And if I understand correctly meta can also come from just knowing someone outside of mafia.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by SleeperSoul »

Based on the other game I feel votato is capable of picking up on any heightened emotional states of mine to hone in his soul-read.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by SleeperSoul »

Also based on the other game, I think votato has 'learned my soul' and can read it when I'm not emotionally charged.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum
Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 136, votato wrote:
In post 131, HoldenGolden wrote:Here's my stance on the Mr. Khan/drew situation.

I don't like Khan's (if I mislink, it's the one with the messed up quote) due to not understanding how the hell the quote was messed up that badly. However, I confess that isnt AI on it's own. What I think is scummy is that Khan prioritized pushing the slip without addressing the mess up quote at the same time drew begun to push.

In my eyes, I can see how scum!Khan did that to fuel drew suspicions of votato if drew is town. I dont really get the associated read yet, since I'm not sure why scum would go through the hoopla of faking a scumslip on someone yet made such a big blunder quote wise as well. I also don't buy it was coordinated over Drew's confusion that it was me with the slip.
you dont think its strange that they both start pushing the same person at the same time? drew is conveniently ignoring khan's quotegate
Excpet that I mentioned it in this post......a post that was in direct response to you.
In post 91, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 89, votato wrote:
In post 85, Genghis Khan wrote:SCUMSLIP

votato is in the mindset for getting a mislynch today, which is why he thinks scum will know all the pairs tomorrow. If he's town, he would consider what happens the other 50% of the time when scum is lynched - which he should be aiming for.
i dont think this is the scumslip you're looking for. you're assuming a random lynch. is scum just refuses to bus, 5/6 townies all have to agree on a scum lynch, including 1 townie to self-vote. a mislynch is all but assured today. the game gets interesting tomorrow.
In post 90, votato wrote:
In post 88, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 87, votato wrote:
In post 84, Doctor Drew wrote:I clearly don't have a cop guilty on either of you, what kind of question is that?
i just mean theres nothing else that you havent yet posted?
Outside of hacking the mod and getting his list of roles for this game.......I have no idea what you are getting on about.
i mean you've posted the full extent of your reads? cuz you havent really said much
You got caught in a slip, I thought it was Holden who said it but there was some confusion(also an outside chance Genghis did that on purpose, so a little suspicion goes his way).

And my initial post and vote wasn't random.

And I have been he second most active player according to post count, so.....
And I don't think Genghis's slip up was scummy, it did deserve to have the tires kicked on, but I liked his response to it.
'This might be the first game where I'm townreading Doctor Drew. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign considering he was town the previous 2 times' - Hectic
'Like I am trying to not be a tunnelly asshole Drew but my patience is running thin' - Titus
'ok just make sure to fuck them, preferably not us pls (人>ω<)' - Morning Tweet
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by votato »

Holder's post was quoted from my previous post somehow, and upon realising, I formatted the post to get rid of Holden's but managed to mess it up. How is this in any way scum-motivated?
by "his responses" you mean this one post? he is indignant, and then gives an explanation that i dont really understand. this one post was enough to persuade you?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum
Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:26 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Explain scum motivation by purposely fucking up a quote.
'This might be the first game where I'm townreading Doctor Drew. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign considering he was town the previous 2 times' - Hectic
'Like I am trying to not be a tunnelly asshole Drew but my patience is running thin' - Titus
'ok just make sure to fuck them, preferably not us pls (人>ω<)' - Morning Tweet
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:20 am

Post by bugspray »

Drew x Khan scum
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 169, votato wrote:

by "his responses" you mean this one post? he is indignant, and then gives an explanation that i dont really understand. this one post was enough to persuade you?
I'm with drew. We talked about this in the PT too. There is 0 scum motivation to mess up a quote. If on purpose I see it more likely to be a town reaction test. But it was a mistake. He quoted post 7 in the post before that one. When he made his new post it glitched and kept post 7 quote coding even though he was intending to quote a different post. He messed up when fixing it.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:01 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 46, votato wrote:hmm in general im not a fan of it. at least not on day 1. the only thing we gain from claiming is associations, and we dont want to be speculating based on associations pre-flip. so day 2 we can do it if we want, but today nono. day 1 scum are somewhat in the dark, but day 2 scum know who all the pairs are so at that point you lose nothing by claiming.

i feel like people always put too much effort into gimmicking a given setup and too little time scumhunting.
Am I missing something? How does scum know all the pairs D2 without us claiming?

Asking this again since I'm still confused
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 171, bugspray wrote:Drew x Khan scum
Can you explain why you think this?