Micro 955: Variant Nomination Mafia (Game Over)

Forum rules
Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by Nash »

In post 18, Dunnstral wrote:I don't even like to lynch at random when it's beneficial to do so, at 43% that would be actively detrimental

Of course, it's never truly random. Somebody has to tell us who was 'randomly' chosen, and then you have to account for 'what if that person is mafia'
I believe randomly choosing is the worst case scenario. Town should have higher chances taking reads into account.
In post 20, Varsoon wrote: Do we nominate a global town-read or do we nominate a global scum-read?
I'd prefer global scum-read.
If we nominate a global town-read, chances are we'll end up lynching the scummiest anyway.
Nominating a global scum-read gives us the additional WIFOM aspect, which might be useful.
im gonna put some dirt in your eyE
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1, Nahdia wrote:> Deadlines for each phase (nominator and execution) will be equal to the number of living players in the game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 24, Varsoon wrote:You don't think we can come to solid consensus on who town and scum are as of D1?
Not really

If we want to use the mechanic, the time to do so is early in the setup, IMO
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 26, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1, Nahdia wrote:> Deadlines for each phase (nominator and execution) will be equal to the number of living players in the game.
Thank you.
In that case, we've got 7 days to figure out a nomination so we should use this time instead of just bolting through it.
I also propose we take at least 48 hours after the execution phase begins before we come to a majority lynch.
Why don't you think people can actually come to a consensus D1? We've got the time to do so.
I agree that it's probably best to use the mechanic early and instead just lynch through nomination if we every hit MYLO/LYLO.

In post 25, Nash wrote:]
Spoiler: SNIP
In post 20, Varsoon wrote: Do we nominate a global town-read or do we nominate a global scum-read?

I'd prefer global scum-read.
If we nominate a global town-read, chances are we'll end up lynching the scummiest anyway.
Nominating a global scum-read gives us the additional WIFOM aspect, which might be useful.
In my experience, WIFOM tends to favor scum.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by DkKoba »

actually on second thought my d1 accuracy sucks and i might end up nominating just town take me out chief
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

(like seriously check my game history with d1 reads LOL)
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 13, Yukino wrote:At the time of my confirmation 5/7 confirmed.
Meaning 1 player confirmed and decided not to post.

I think that indicates scum being in Varsono and Hellbook
this is a likely town post and if they're telling the truth we narrowed down at least 1 mafia pretty quick. :lol:
(DM me)

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 31, DkKoba wrote:

this is a likely town post and if they're telling the truth we narrowed down at least 1 mafia pretty quick. :lol:
This sort of hedging reeks
Also not comfortable with how hard back you skirted when even the thought of being held accountable for D1 reads was brought up
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ah yes because I want to end up nominating 2 town and then end up having a TvTvT situation. of course varsoon. I'm acknowledging one of my shortcomings. and as for my read? nonsense labeling of "hedging". I'm just not willing to give out a full townread on someone's second post but it does warrant a hard townlean. is that post Town to you?
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

because that post is definitely Town to me
(DM me)

Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by Nash »

In post 23, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 11, Nash wrote: Hello!
Nominate: DkKoba
why would mafia want to be nominated :?
Do you think it's likely that we end up lynching the nominee on day 1?
It's 33.33% chance of dying against 0%. I don't think mafia would start with something like .
Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:04 pm

Post by Nash »

I agree with the town ping. Disagree with the scumtell.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:28 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 17, Dunnstral wrote: I wanted to give it to Raya to see what he thinks early on
I'd advise against giving it to me D1. My D1 reads tend to be off.

I'm all for giving it to the scummiest player if that's what majority would like. Although I think we should just give it to a random player D1. There's very little chance of getting a good enough read D1 to confidently say someone is a strong town read or a strong scum read. If we give it to someone random it gives us a chance to gain info without much bias when it comes to the voting phase.
In post 36, Nash wrote:

I agree with the town ping. Disagree with the scumtell.
Agreed. I think that was a point that would come from town and a town thinking process. But I almost didnt post after confirming because at that point it was just dunnstrals nomination and I didnt have much to say. So it's not a scumtell to not post after confirming.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:25 am

Post by DkKoba »

raya is conf scum :lol: VOTE: raya
(DM me)

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:17 am

Post by Nahdia »

All test subjects are present and accounted for. We will begin immediately.

The purpose of this test is to ascertain a standard reaction to novel stimuli and how strategy is developed within a game setting. Test administrators will be making note of your approach to strategy formation more so than accuracy and skill. Good luck, and have fun!

The game is simple. You must remove the two "mafia" members from the test through a series of eviction votes. The mafia members will seek to forestall and eventually make impossible their own eviction. To begin, test subjects are to decide amongst themselves as "nominator" who will select candidates for eviction. You may view this role as an honor or a burden.

Today, the nominator will select
three (3)
people, not including themselves, to be considered for eviction from testing. The nominator will also be considered for eviction.

Nominator Vote 1.00

Not Voting (7):
hellbooks, DkKoba, Yukino, Nash, Raya36, Dunnstral, Varsoon

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to decide a nominator via majority.
Deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-06 10:16:51), at which point the nominator will be decided via plurality.
With no clear plurality, the mafia team will privately break any ties.
Last edited by Nahdia on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 16, Varsoon wrote:
@MOD: If a player is nominated, exactly what happens? How long does the nominator have to pick lynch nominees? How long of a day phase will there be before and after the Nomination goes through?
Once a nominator is chosen, the game thread is locked until nominations have been made. There is no hard deadline on how long it takes them to select their nominations.
The Nomination and Execution phases have separate deadlines: a number of days equal to the number of currently living players.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

how do we properly nominate @mod as in what formatting do you wish us to use
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:24 am

Post by DkKoba »

oh previous votes didnt count lol i see now
(DM me)

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 41, DkKoba wrote:how do we properly nominate @mod as in what formatting do you wish us to use
Vote or bold tags are acceptable for both phases.

-Zaphkael, 2020
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:26 am

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: Nahdia
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:27 am

Post by DkKoba »

Ok but fr VOTE: raya
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

wait everyone confirmed but i only see 7 people including nahdia in the activity overview. Whos missing
(DM me)

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Kind of a weak attempt at a town slip
Yukino
Yukino
Townie
Yukino
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Yukino »

VOTE: hellbook

I will vote hellbook now for my reasons mentioned in my last set of posts.

I think Nash has a really solid energy and aura to him so he has earned my first town read. I can pull up quotes and break this down further if someone would like.
Yukino
Yukino
Townie
Yukino
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Yukino »

I am not going to give Dkkoba the same read mainly because agreeing with a read is relatively easy. Going out into the dark to state a read being unsure how it will be received is townie. This is combined with his energy I am viewing as town.

Feeling good about this game given there is only seven of us and I already feel pretty decent about a read.