Micro 955: Variant Nomination Mafia (Game Over)

Forum rules
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:10 am

Post by hellbooks »

D????????? kkoba.

VOTE: varsoon
Yukino
Yukino
Townie
Yukino
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Yukino »

What a boring entrance, you can do better then that!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 48, Yukino wrote:VOTE: hellbook

I will vote hellbook now for my reasons mentioned in my last set of posts.

I think Nash has a really solid energy and aura to him so he has earned my first town read. I can pull up quotes and break this down further if someone would like.
how are u making townreads this fast?
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Yukino
Yukino
Townie
Yukino
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Yukino »

In post 52, DkKoba wrote:
In post 48, Yukino wrote:VOTE: hellbook

I will vote hellbook now for my reasons mentioned in my last set of posts.

I think Nash has a really solid energy and aura to him so he has earned my first town read. I can pull up quotes and break this down further if someone would like.
how are u making townreads this fast?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

Imma need better than that chief
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

also im not particularly interested in mechanics as theres merits to voting in anybody as the nominator so if we can stop fillering with it thatd be great. The only person i wouldn't put is a towny person hardtunneling someone.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 47, Dunnstral wrote:Kind of a weak attempt at a town slip
what does this Mean
(DM me)

Yukino
Yukino
Townie
Yukino
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Yukino »

In post 54, DkKoba wrote:Imma need better than that chief
Scum does not want to be lynched for having a conflicting play style to others, it doesn't matter if you're obvious town to the people you are familiar with if none of them are in the game. As a game begins to start scum tend to sit back and wait to see what town will do before acting. Basically letting town decide the pace of the game and scum match it. So a player who opens up with a very early read is town 90% of the time. Now let's break down his tone.

Spoiler:
In post 14, Nash wrote:
In post 12, Yukino wrote:I don't think the game has started so we can't vote.
Does this setup have any strategies in particular?

I think we should nominate a scummy player and not worry about who they pick. That player gets a chance to outline thoughts in a way to help redirect us in the case the we are wrong. Or if we nominate scum and they pick a whole bunch of obvious towns they just die anyway because we already scum read them in the first place.

Compare this to picking a clear town player who happens to not agree on consensus scum, then we just are out of luck.
I agree with nominating the scummiest player.
Assuming we lynch at random, that puts us at 43% win, I think?
In post 15, Nash wrote:If we manage to guess two towns, we shoot up to 90%.
My guess right now is Yukino and DkKoba

These posts I read tonally as town, he makes an idea regarding the odds of us winning the game, then plays in a way to up those odds. Normally this would just be a fluff information post, but I think the way he picked up 2 fast shot in the dark reads to say "now we are at 90% to win" shows he is using the information to try and win the game rather then just state thoughts.

Spoiler:
In post 36, Nash wrote:
In post 31, DkKoba wrote:
In post 13, Yukino wrote:At the time of my confirmation 5/7 confirmed.
Meaning 1 player confirmed and decided not to post.

I think that indicates scum being in Varsono and Hellbook
this is a likely town post and if they're telling the truth we narrowed down at least 1 mafia pretty quick. :lol:
I agree with the town ping. Disagree with the scumtell.

Scum favor making attacks over town reads, since you need to lynch town to win and scum reads tend to get you town read more often then scum reads do. So I think choosing to ignore something he didn't agree with and call me town instead is a good look. Especially given he doesn't seem to have a scum read yet so as scum he would still need to figure out some kind of push moving forward.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

>scum favor making attacks over town reads

Sounds like a mighty accusation there thats directed at me
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:27 am

Post by DkKoba »

I hate that your entry post is town so I can't really scumread you here.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

my nominator pool is Dunnstral/Raya today. (moreso people i just wanna hang LOL im straight up ignoring the mechanic and just voting who I want to get rid of.)
(DM me)

Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 38, DkKoba wrote:raya is conf scum :lol: VOTE: raya
Oops what gave it away :lol:
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Raya36 »

So its consensus now that we want the nominator to be the strongest scumread?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 56, DkKoba wrote:
In post 47, Dunnstral wrote:Kind of a weak attempt at a town slip
what does this Mean
What does 46 mean?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

Hellbrooks:
Can you comment a bit more on the gamestate and your thoughts on players so far?

Yukino:
"Scum favor making attacks over town reads" : I understand the logic here, but I want to be frank with you; if you really hold this to be true, you coming in declaring hard townreads would then be play that could hide your status as scum, no? I'm of the mind that pinning any sort of behavior as 'scum behavior' only lets scum manipulate and play around what people hold to be consensus.

DkKoba:
Can you actually elaborate on your reads re:Dunnstral and Raya?

Raya:
You've said you're not confident in your D1 reads and that there is "very little chance of getting a good enough read D1 to confidently say someone is a strong town read or a strong scum read". How do you feel about the people who have pronounced strong reads so far in the game? I've developed some fairly strong reads of my own, but I have yet to express them as bluntly as others. Should be evident, though. This'll help;

VOTE: DkKoba
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'll make it even clearer:
I'm of the mind there's at least one scum between DkKoba and Raya, given their play and positioning so far.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:29 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 32, Varsoon wrote:
In post 31, DkKoba wrote:
In post 13, Yukino wrote:At the time of my confirmation 5/7 confirmed.
Meaning 1 player confirmed and decided not to post.

I think that indicates scum being in Varsono and Hellbook
this is a likely town post and if they're telling the truth we narrowed down at least 1 mafia pretty quick. :lol:
This sort of hedging reeks
Also not comfortable with how hard back you skirted when even the thought of being held accountable for D1 reads was brought up
after this varsoon I don't exactly trust you (: you're making reads in bad faith. either you are playing bad or are scum. I'll take the nomination but you're coming with me.
(DM me)

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

Good. Don't trust me. You shouldn't.
Who would your other nominations be right now?
Curious what makes my reads 'bad faith' or poor play, but mostly so I understand your perspective here. Elaborate.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

I also want it to be very clear: I think you entertaining Yukino's idea of confirmations indicating scuminess is the sort of thing that's liable to just lead to two mislynches if serious stock is put into it.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

I don't think most of your questions are productive :lol:

but I will explain why a push on raya/dunnestrel is what I want:

dunnstral: early mech garbage into just shading me without good elaboration(i.e. poking at me to see if I'm a good ML push perhaps?) I'm highly suspicious of this slot

raya: I'd rather keep to myself what I'm doing with this slot before I out anything.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

also I'm drinking t onight because i ahve the next 2 days off so drunk!koba will be here to lay on hot reads. Last 3 times i came in and had a drunk FoS it was right so :lol:
(DM me)

Yukino
Yukino
Townie
Yukino
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Yukino »

In post 64, Varsoon wrote:Yukino: "Scum favor making attacks over town reads" : I understand the logic here, but I want to be frank with you; if you really hold this to be true, you coming in declaring hard townreads would then be play that could hide your status as scum, no? I'm of the mind that pinning any sort of behavior as 'scum behavior' only lets scum manipulate and play around what people hold to be consensus.
A good read is built on a multitude of tells, town and scum are capable of doing anything, no matter how good you think your tell is you can't use just one. Between his mechanics posts and following up on it, him calling my take bad and choosing to not attack me and him sticking his head out so early I have enough to call him town. If he is playing to what I think is town on so many different levels then I guess good for him? I can readjust later if he starts to go south but I like where I am at with that read. So I don't think you're wrong to say scum could put into their head they need to make a strong entry or any other tell, I just think that if scum try and emulate the multiple behaviors I am calling town they'll fumble making a good argument to back up what they're doing game.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

rereading i have to agree with yukino on nash having a very towny tone
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also re: varsoon saying I was hedging. I was saying implicitly that the post was town. but i'm not going to solve the game over that 1 post. I obviously am going to word things differently.
(DM me)

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

DkKoba - I think we're on different pages about what you were doing. I'm talking about you putting stock into the whole 'confirmed players who haven't posted = scum' thing. You townreading Yukino for that logic also doesn't make sense to me, but I'm less critical of that.
You might not like my methods, but I don't know most of you or how you play. I'm trying to parse that, since I don't have meta knowledge to really determine what's baseline town or scum play for any of you.