Micro 955: Variant Nomination Mafia (Game Over)

Forum rules
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like, would getting Hellbrook's reads help?
Would hellbrooks commenting on any specific part of the game help?
I want to know what would help you more confidently read Hellbrooks
Because as it stands, I'm not all too happy with you having nominated someone you're not even pushing engagement with (despite the vote) but state what feels like a sort of unsure read of.

P-EDIT:
I don't know that it's all too scummy to do what they did. Can you explain what makes that scum play?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I think I'd rather wait for hellbooks to actually post themselves before I make any comments about that at the moment (:
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 117, DkKoba wrote:I am more paranoid of raya though and I want to go back to sheeping my drunk read but I'm also suspicious of hellbooks. I just don't know anymore LOL
This sounds like town. And I remember finding dunnstral towny. I'm town. So by PoE hellbooks makes the most sense. I want to hear more from him for sure though
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

on god is everyone here on EU timezone or what
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 127, Raya36 wrote:
In post 117, DkKoba wrote:I am more paranoid of raya though and I want to go back to sheeping my drunk read but I'm also suspicious of hellbooks. I just don't know anymore LOL
This sounds like town. And I remember finding dunnstral towny. I'm town. So by PoE hellbooks makes the most sense. I want to hear more from him for sure though
how does that make hellbooks scum to you. why is it that they are "poe" scum based on that. do the other 3 players in the game not exist?
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

it annoys me when people don't really try and I appreciate that varsoon is also trying but there has to be at least one other person here ya know.
(DM me)

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Raya you always think I'm town
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 130, DkKoba wrote:it annoys me when people don't really try and I appreciate that varsoon is also trying but there has to be at least one other person here ya know.
I am suspicious of Nash as well
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by DkKoba »

like fr I think hellbooks hammering me with little explaination was fairly scummy and they seemed detached and just sheeping the wagon that had most votes and people need to see that
(DM me)

Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 129, DkKoba wrote:
In post 127, Raya36 wrote:
how does that make hellbooks scum to you. why is it that they are "poe" scum based on that. do the other 3 players in the game not exist?
PoE of the best lynch within the lynch pool. I'm ignoring the others in this particular PoE
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 131, Dunnstral wrote:Raya you always think I'm town
Yeah.. you're right.

Time to scumread Dunn for a change :lol:

In all seriousness my read on you is for the mechanic suggestions. We both have the same sort of idea
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 135, Raya36 wrote:
Yeah.. you're right.

In all seriousness my read on you is for the mechanic suggestions. We both have the same sort of idea
Pings me that you are so sure abt this based on something so flimsy :?
(DM me)

Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Never said I was so sure. It's only page 6. But hellbooks is more scummy because I don't have any town points for him weak or not
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm always around if you wanna sound stuff off of me
Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:45 pm

Post by Nash »

I didn't realise I hammered Koba there.. Hopefully I didn't hurt our chances too much and disappoint the test administrators.

I believe we should come to a solid consensus on who town is before killing someone today.

Assuming pure randomness, the chances of picking (T,T) is almost as much as picking (T,S), and picking (S,S) is negligible.
I think a good course of action would be to let the consensus town come to an agreement on who the scummiest players are each day (scum will have to be as reasonable as possible in (T,S), which will benefit town) and put them up as nominations, like a townbloc. This should give us a good mechanical advantage IMO and I'd like to hear what everyone has to say about it.
im gonna put some dirt in your eyE
Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:10 am

Post by Nash »

Wrong usage of
"mechanical"
, but an advantage nonetheless
im gonna put some dirt in your eyE
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:17 am

Post by hellbooks »

Im moving across the country so youll have to wait until at least the end of today
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:19 am

Post by hellbooks »

Poe doesnt make sense like dkkoba could simply be wrong about everyone
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:20 am

Post by hellbooks »

I guess if im the least town then yea sure whatever
Anyway ill think about it later
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

Congrats on the move, hellbooks.
I loathe moving but am grateful for it when it's done with.
I'd like to know more of your thoughts on the game when you have the chance.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

you know it disappoints me when I'm not around for over 12 hours and theres like about 8 posts worth of content which makes me actually pretty fucking nervous. I don't have anything updated about the people within the nomination to say,

Can we please play the game because I'm falling asleep at the pace here
(DM me)

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

Pose questions.
Pressure slots you don't have read confidence on.
Drive the engagement you want to see.
I'm here.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:16 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 135, Raya36 wrote:
Yeah.. you're right.

ok so any reason you think this is town raya? because I'm not buying this casing.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 104, Nash wrote:
In post 97, hellbooks wrote:
In post 95, Nash wrote:Just so you know, hellbooks was the last player to confirm. Not sure why no one pointed this out.
Huh? i like confirmed immediately. i just didn't check the game thread. lol.
Doesn't matter.
In post 31, DkKoba wrote:
In post 13, Yukino wrote:At the time of my confirmation 5/7 confirmed.
Meaning 1 player confirmed and decided not to post.

I think that indicates scum being in Varsono and Hellbook
this is a likely town post and if they're telling the truth we narrowed down at least 1 mafia pretty quick. :lol:
Koba's wording here suggests he still considered the possibility of scum!hellbooks even when the six other players posted at 6/7 confirmations. That's bad and looks scummy. His subsequent posting also makes me doubt my initial townlean on him.

Nominate: DkKoba
for now.
so you hammered without asking me to clarify / question me?

I was going to avoid pressuring outisde the nomination but I feel like I'm hitting a wall with the current activity and engagement
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 74, Varsoon wrote:DkKoba - I think we're on different pages about what you were doing. I'm talking about you putting stock into the whole 'confirmed players who haven't posted = scum' thing. You townreading Yukino for that logic also doesn't make sense to me, but I'm less critical of that.
You might not like my methods, but I don't know most of you or how you play. I'm trying to parse that, since I don't have meta knowledge to really determine what's baseline town or scum play for any of you.
any reason you think the yukino opening is not town motivated? I'm not going to base my whole read on that but I felt it was a good starting point in "solve pressure" as I like to call it.
(DM me)