Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Datisi »

Vote count 1.31

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-07 13:00:00)

coalition
DkKoba [5]:
DkKoba, PookyTheMagicalBear, Klick, SleeperSoul, Clover Ebi
Klick [5]:
Klick, Clover Ebi, DkKoba, SleeperSoul, PookyTheMagicalBear
Clover Ebi [5]:
Klick, Clover Ebi, DkKoba, SleeperSoul, PookyTheMagicalBear

Alduskkel [5]:
Alduskkel, Klick, SleeperSoul, DkKoba, Deimos27

SleeperSoul [5]:
SleeperSoul, Deimos27, Klick, PookyTheMagicalBear, DkKoba

Wug [5]:
DkKoba, PookyTheMagicalBear, Klick, SleeperSoul, Alduskkel

DonCorleone [5]:
DonCorleone, DkKoba, PookyTheMagicalBear, Klick, SleeperSoul

PookyTheMagicalBear [4]:
DkKoba, PookyTheMagicalBear, Klick, SleeperSoul

Deimos27 [4]:
Deimos27, Klick, Wug, SleeperSoul

execution
Wug (2):
DonCorleone, DkKoba

SleeperSoul (1):
Deimos27
PookyTheMagicalBear (1):
Alduskkel

not voting (5):
Klick, Clover Ebi, SleeperSoul, PookyTheMagicalBear, Wug

flavourImage

mod notes
  • Play nice.
Last edited by Datisi on Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

"I would have hardbussed my partner by now if I was scum"

*is voting Wug who is my top scumread*
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I still don't get why Clover is being townread into coalition but I will add them for the sake of getting this over with if you guys all want him in
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

thank u pooky
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:52 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1226, DkKoba wrote:"I would have hardbussed my partner by now if I was scum"

*is voting Wug who is my top scumread*
How does my play make any sense today if I’m scum?

I pick up several easy townreads, start bussing my partner (if you remember I called out tux early on)... then completely fail to be a presence and allow myself to fall out of the coalition when I could have easily stayed in by doing the bare minimum.

Your logic is that my response to this is to re-enter the game demanding to be let into the coalition based on my early reads being correct instead of reading the majority of the in lnbetween pages and without faking any sort of catchup.

Finally, with people not putting me in, you think I continue to bus my partner despite the fact that if neither of us were in we would lose?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

u were literally booted out bc u were doing the bare minimum... sis ur describing what your play was to a T while saying you "could have" done something.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

I'll consider you town if the coalition fails (and imma be real u will probably be cleared by hanging Wug)
(DM me)

Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Datisi »

Prodding SleeperSoul.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

thats another shot
(DM me)

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Klick »

So I think Clover is bleeding town. Tl;dr: he's not putting any effort whatsoever into trying to get townread. He's
especially
not scum with the current suspects like Wug or Aldus.
In post 107, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 103, votato wrote:
In post 100, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 87, votato wrote:we arent gonna discuss day 2 because it could help scum to discuss it now.
How so?
explaining that would help scum. you trying to bait me into explaining it makes me think you're scum.[/quo*te]
blink
...Huh? I am just-huh?! You think talking about day 2 helps scum and because I asked for more detail why I'm scummy for it... am I getting that all right?
This was the first post that really got me thinking Clover was town. I know this one will be a stretch for some people, but I doubt this bewilderment comes from scum. I also don't think scum cares enough to talk about this/gains anything from talking about this. Clover is just curious, and I think that comes from a towny place.

The whole vibe of wanting to talk about D2 continues throughout Clover's early posts. Read Clover's ISO up to post 124. Is this scum trying to get into a coalition? Does Clover's partner go in encouraging him to talk about setup spec for that sweet sweet towncred?
In post 701, Clover Ebi wrote:This game started 2 days ago and there's 700 posts that is impressive to me. Oh boy, I got a lot to get back into. Now time to figure out the best way to do this without draining myself out.
In post 704, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 702, DkKoba wrote:
In post 701, Clover Ebi wrote:This game started 2 days ago and there's 700 posts that is impressive to me. Oh boy, I got a lot to get back into. Now time to figure out the best way to do this without draining myself out.
I have that effect on games...
if you'd like a summary I can give you one tomorrow when I'm off of work.
That'd be nice. I feel the pressure to try and catch up on all the pages I missed because I know if I can just get my feet back into the ground I'll be in that coil because if I can do one thing on this site I guess it's be townread :lol: but uh yeah coming home from a long day of work and seeing all this is pretty draining. I could probably do a few pages for now though.
Clover comes in and has no idea what's going on. He's not getting constant updates from a scum PT. Unless his partner was literally bugspray then I don't see these blank posts happening in quite the same way.
In post 708, Clover Ebi wrote:Up to page 20 and I think this works for me so far
HEAL: Clover
HEAL: Dk
HEAL: Deimos
HEAL: Votato
HEAL: Sleeper
Clover puts Deimos in his coalition despite there being almost no chance Deimos returns the gesture. What does this accomplish as scum?
In post 797, Clover Ebi wrote:I've been obvious town in my other 2 games on here so I hope I can show that here as well. I feel when I do flip scum one game it'll be extremely obvious. Well, maybe not but it makes worried to think about
What kind of nonsense scum tactic would it be for Clover to play the way he has up to this point and then make this sort of cocky comment with hardly anyone townreading him? I think it's much more plausible for Clover to be town and believing what he's saying here.

Clover spends his next few posts talking about the Day 2 thing with Deimos some more. This is largely questioning guided by Deimos. But it's posts that are doing literally nothing to contribute to getting Clover into a coalition. Scum!Clover HAS to worry about getting into a coalition to some extent. But Clover doesn't care about that.

The biggest reason Clover is town:

In post 962, Clover Ebi wrote:I don't mind not being in the co it isn't a great concern to me on if it passes or fails because if I'm in it I have more time to just town tell. Although, that should mean you guys get into focus on who you do townread. It's probably way too risky to put me in the co since people don't seem to townread me and if it fails I'm on the chopping block. With that being said
HURT: all
Good luck!
In post 963, Clover Ebi wrote:I also don't think you guys should be looking for scum and more people who are town like Klick and Kobba are 2 people I would bet the game on being town at this point. The other 3 you can make an argument for and I'd love to hear peoples reasoning for townreading slots that aren't them. I should probably transfer to a who do I think is scum mindset.
In post 964, Clover Ebi wrote:I think Pooky/Don are the slots I need to reread and really look at first.
Look at the game climate at this point. I'm mildly advocating for Clover being in the coalition, some others have expressed very light townreads there but nothing too serious. Clover!scum's Master Play is to... remove himself from contention. You'd have to assume his partner is extremely comfortable for this to even be a net neutral play (so basically just myself or Sleeper). For any other pairing, in most circumstances this is actively harmful to a scum wincon.
Meanwhile, while I think it's misguided as a town play, I can clearly see why Clover thought it would be useful to bow out of contention.

Also worth noting that throughout all of this, Clover has been catching up and scumhunting (that I haven't really bothered quoting, it's easy to find). So he's not just making some weird gambit and riding on that; he's trying to solve and play a standard game alongside that.

And that's why I'm having Clover in any coalition that I'll consider passing.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

I agree with that assessment ^
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

sleeper and pooky please just lock it in so we can find out if we win or nott
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

honestly just because of how anti climactic this game would be with a win here I want it to not succeed for the sake of hype LOL if that makes sense
(DM me)

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Klick »

This game won't feel quite fleshed out enough if we don't have a Day 2, you're right. :P
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1230, DkKoba wrote:u were literally booted out bc u were doing the bare minimum... sis ur describing what your play was to a T while saying you "could have" done something.
CAN YOU READ

Jesus

Yes, I quite clearly said that’s what I’ve been doing, that post was LITERALLY a description of my play so far, the point is that how does that make any sense as a collection of decisions for me to make as scum?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

If this coalition fails I’m voting koba all day every day for the rest of the game that I’m alive for.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Klick »

DonCorleone can you understand that from my perspective you currently look like you're scrambling to mix things up, possibly because you can sense that a coalition may be forming without you on it?
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by SleeperSoul »

Hey Happy Canada Day everyone! Boy am I ever exhausted. I'll catch up tomorrow.
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1241, Klick wrote:DonCorleone can you understand that from my perspective you currently look like you're scrambling to mix things up, possibly because you can sense that a coalition may be forming without you on it?
That is very literally what I’m doing, why does it make me scum?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

Or flip side: is it more work for me as scum to post a couple of fake reads every day, have my scumbuddy keep an eye on thread, maintain a bus etc and just stay in (something that I’m clearly capable of if you look at my completed scumgame on this account where basically every townie who I set out to pocket was TR/TLing me) OR is it easier for me as scum to totally drop off the face of the earth and then make a huge last minute push that I would be aware would look dubious in the last few days?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

I don’t see how you’re looking at me here where all I had to do this game to avoid a loss as scum was contribute on a fairly regular basis and probably hardbus my partner and thinking that the way I’ve played is consistent with a scum mindset
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Klick »

Happy Canada Day :) hope it was a good one.
No need to catch up, just heal you/me/Clover/Koba/Pooky and it'll be gg

PEdit: because you care about it at a level that's more in line with a scum wincon than with a town wincon. If you!scum and your partner miss out on the coalition, you just lose. If you miss out on it as town, your odds of winning slim slightly but all in all it's not the end of the world. After all, in any winning coalition 2/7 town must accept being on the outs. If all the town kicked up a storm then we'd never get anywhere.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Klick »

If the coalition fails then I think you're very likely town.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by SleeperSoul »

Yeah I noticed that everyone seems to be snubbing deimos so that's definitely something I'll be looking at tomorrow.
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

Right, but again, why would this be my approach to it as opposed to just... doing... anything over the last week when I was a pretty consensus TR and it would have been very easy to stay in?

If not me, why would I not be trying to get my partner in?

How much I care is much more a metric of how engaged I am with the game than a useful measure of which wincon I’m playing to. Why is it more plausible that scum!me decides to turn it on now and hardpush me being included vs town!me not feeling very interested in playing but now becoming more interested (partly because another game I was in finished)