Micro 955: Variant Nomination Mafia (Game Over)

Forum rules
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Execution Vote 1.02

hellbooks (2):
DkKoba, Raya36
DkKoba (0):

Raya36 (0):

Dunnstral (1):
Yukino

Not Voting (4):
hellbooks, Nash, Dunnstral, Varsoon

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to decide an execution via majority.
Deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-07 16:54:09), at which point the execution will be decided via plurality.
With no clear plurality, the mafia team will privately break any ties.
Last edited by Nahdia on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Will admit, my attention is a bit divided at this moment. Had thought you asked BEFORE the recent Hellbooks posts.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Why do you characterize yourself as Low Hanging Fruit?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Here's the interaction I was thinking of:
Spoiler: SNIP
In post 170, hellbooks wrote:
In post 107, DkKoba wrote:hellbrooks: they've been lurky in the shadows and suddenly came out to hammer the vote on me which I find scum asf. imma be real I have a suspicion that they're teamed with raya for the move they did there.
i've been
moving
...... also i
didnt
hammer... jeez....
this sucks!!!
In post 116, DkKoba wrote:include a third I reskimmed quickly and made my choice that way.
why so cavalier about it

raya
dunn
dkkoba
(t -> s)
In post 133, DkKoba wrote:like fr I think hellbooks hammering me with little explaination was fairly scummy and they seemed detached and just sheeping the wagon that had most votes and people need to see that
i didnt hammer you
In post 144, Varsoon wrote:I loathe moving but am grateful for it when it's done with.
yeah i'm tired af, thanks :)
In post 147, DkKoba wrote:ok so any reason you think this is town raya? because I'm not buying this casing.
it might not be a good read but it circumstantially can definitely come from town in fact one might say (I might say) that it has higher town equity
In post 154, DkKoba wrote:and I demand an explaination because at this point it feels like there's setup going on here where you force a nomination on me but also offer shade on other slots to set them up as MLs.
i have no explanation other than gut :cool:
In post 160, Varsoon wrote:I'm also pretty curious why DkKoba didn't nominate me but I wasn't going to ask since I'm already pretty self-absorbed.
this is mediumly scummy
In post 171, hellbooks wrote:dkkoba does seem to care a lot about like, getting it right
hm

Why are you acting like Post 185 is the response to the following:
Spoiler: The pressure you'd alluded you'd be putting there
In post 119, Varsoon wrote:What do you think Hellbrooks needs to provide to give you more confidence in reading their slot?
In post 120, DkKoba wrote:Revealing that would allow them to mimic it :)
In post 122, Varsoon wrote:I'm not asking you what they'd have to write verbatim
But instead more generally trying to get you to provide me with the sort of info/responses you're hoping to get from them.
In post 125, Varsoon wrote:Like, would getting Hellbrook's reads help?
Would hellbrooks commenting on any specific part of the game help?
I want to know what would help you more confidently read Hellbrooks
Because as it stands, I'm not all too happy with you having nominated someone you're not even pushing engagement with (despite the vote) but state what feels like a sort of unsure read of.
In post 126, DkKoba wrote:I think I'd rather wait for hellbooks to actually post themselves before I make any comments about that at the moment (:

I'm just not following your logic on hellbooks here and it doesn't seem like you're actually driving engagement with the slot.
Moreover, it actually seems like
you're the one actively going after low-hanging fruit
with a player that was universally seen as likely-not-town, put in a TvS dichotomy with me by Yukino's flawed confirmation-spec that more than one other player agreed was at least a 'townie' perspective to have; the same Hellbooks who has been moving and ergo can't respond as much as any other player--the same Hellbooks that would be easy to push given all of these things. It's really not helping me very much when your response to their posts is to rhetorically cross your arms with "I'm going to need something better on your read on me" which seems like such a self-conscious move to make when you're not even asking any questions to them. Your engagement with the slot has ENTIRELY been claiming what they're doing is scummy (pushing you, amirite?) and quoting some of their posts by saying the progression doesn't make sense. You never explain why. And then when I'm critical of why you're not doing more, you've offered up, in post 182 with "I haven't had time to figure out how to case my push on her. I do find their post flimsy." Flimsy how? Articulate yourself.

The reason this gives me even more cause for concern regarding your slot is that you're
very
self conscious. Here's my notes on what informed a scumread on you that I'd played close to my chest pre-nomination:
Spoiler: NOTES SNIP:
Page 2 reads way too self-conscious coming out of how seriously town is discussing holding people accountable.
Their response to me also sucks and, again, is way too self-conscious.
Asks Yukino for more but lets hellbrooks slide on the same page (pg3)

The second that I mention I'd vote you over the other nominees, all of a sudden I'm "Open Scumming"? The second I start to give you more pressure and engage with your slot, you run off with "Needing to go to sleep" before "You say something too mean"? What do I care if you say something mean to me? If I was scum, I'd be worried that you'd say something to
catch
me. I'm going to characterize this as an alignment slip on your part because you realize the intent of reaction to me would be
harmful
rather than
inquisitive
. It throws me for a real loop how flighty you are and how quick you can be to find people who townread you as those you see as town--that's behavior I expect from scum or from inexperienced players who aren't being critical of the actual game state. The amount of projection you've immediately put on my slot while characterizing yourself as some victim/Low-Hanging Fruit is the sort of self-preservationist defensive play that I expect from only one of the three following types:
1. Newbtown who thinks their survival is important in a game and can't handle pressure at all.
2. Scum who are caught early and sweating hard because a D1 scumlynch is pretty much doom for their team.
3. Someone with a Power Role who doesn't want to be outted so early and is responding poorly to pressure given the fact they don't want to out how important their survival is to the balance of the game.
Given this is a mountainous, I'm forced to reconcile that you're either the first or second option here.
If you're the first, then you're a liability for us to take forward in the game. You're always going to be daggers-drawn on anyone who suspects you and it'll misinform your reads as you're sorely misinformed about me being scum. I know this because I know my alignment and had to mod-confirm it to play the game.
If you're the second, you need to be buried ASAP anyway.
So, from my perspective, in the pool of nominees, you're the one who has to go.

VOTE: Dkkoba
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 197, DkKoba wrote:
In post 185, DkKoba wrote:hellbooks I'm going to need something better on your read on me because at this point you've given a bunch of non-contribution in terms of your "reads" other than perhaps your analysis of a few of the posts you listed but even those feel low effort.

and no, I haven't even gotten a response. Are you even reading this game?
This isn't a question, for the record.
This is "PLAY BETTER"
Which is nebulous and doesn't offer anything at all for the player to
actually act on
I'm also not a fan of how you block 'reads' off with quotes like that--if you've got issues with Hellbooks' reads, then engage there and ask what is informing them. Mudslinging isn't helping you understand the slot; you're just dragging it.
The same way you immediately shifted tactics to dragging my slot when literally all I said was that I'd vote you before the other nominees.
Curious, that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'd like to know what other people's thoughts on DkKoba are.
How are you all reading the sort of play that Koba's laying down here?
I see the 'town' argument for it, but that is giving a lot of benefit of the doubt and me literally going, "Well I guess I'll keep this town liability around over
1. A player I townread
2. A player I lean-town
3. A player I'll be pretty sure is lock-scum if Koba flips Green"
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

From what I remember I don't really scumread dkkoba

I don't have a strong read on Raya right now. I think we should lynch Raya or Hellbooks
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 206, Dunnstral wrote:From what I remember I don't really scumread dkkoba

I don't have a strong read on Raya right now. I think we should lynch Raya or Hellbooks
Thoughts on our interactions these last few pages and the points I raise re:DkKboa?
What do you think would help you read Raya?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:33 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 142, hellbooks wrote:Poe doesnt make sense like dkkoba could simply be wrong about everyone
I agree but we have to choose someone from the lynch pool and by PoE you're the most scummy.

In post 147, DkKoba wrote:
In post 135, Raya36 wrote:
In post 131, Dunnstral wrote:Raya you always think I'm town
Yeah.. you're right.

Time to scumread Dunn for a change :lol:

In all seriousness my read on you is for the mechanic suggestions. We both have the same sort of idea
ok so any reason you think this is town raya? because I'm not buying this casing.
We had more or less the same idea for the mechanics around who the nominator should be. D1 it should have been a random player to gain info instead of a top read. And the following days a top scumread. It's easy for scum to push a mislynch so they would rather avoid the randomness of choosing a nominator for info and instead try to get a town player scumread enough to get that position. Also I feel like if scum wanted Dunn's method there would be more support.

Koba is coming across very town by pushing to get the game moving. As a part of the lynch pool if they were scum in this game state they would more likely stat quiet and let us lurk.

I think the pool is all town.... if this is the case scum are probably in the shadows right now as they arent worried about a buddy getting lynched or maybe they're pushing outside of the lynch pool for future mislynches. If I'm wrong about that we should pay very close attention to pushes happening from players outside of the pool on players in the pool.

Re:Varsoon:: I town read koba but I need to look more into the interactions between you and him since I kinda skimmed. So that could change
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't read Koba's engagement as genuine towards creating any sort of worthwhile momentum.
I've consistently urged them to do so and their resistance to it has happened over and over again.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

Should also be noted that Dkkoba is pushing a narrative that I am scum based on the following progression:
In post 174, Varsoon wrote: Our town either sucks ass or scum's just playing real overtly. Rough stuff.
I'd vote DKkoba, Raya, then Hellbooks--in that order, right now.
To which they respond:
In post 175, DkKoba wrote:Oh nice shade varsoon! you mind backing that up?
Now, this is pretty self-absorbed. They could ask why I have more reads confidence on Hellbooks or even Dunnstral--you know, those other people they nominated?! I find it especially curious they're not pushing me at all over Raya, given I said much earlier I felt Scum was between DKkoba and Raya. Anyway, this quickly turns to...
In post 178, DkKoba wrote:this kind of push you're driving on me is starting to sell me on scum!varsoon.

eliminating strong town voices is not pro town no matter how you want to frame it. i dont care if it gives you information, I'm not going to let it happen.
(This is kind of funny, they characterize themselves as a 'Strong Town Voice' here, but then later call themselves LHF/Low-Hanging-Fruit.)

Nevermind this post:
In post 65, Varsoon wrote:I'll make it even clearer:
I'm of the mind there's at least one scum between DkKoba and Raya, given their play and positioning so far.
To which their immediate response was to go "after this varsoon I don't exactly trust you (: you're making reads in bad faith. either you are playing bad or are scum. I'll take the nomination but you're coming with me."
Curious how they took the nomination and I didn't come with them. It's almost like their reads are wholly inconsistent and reliant solely on who is pushing them at any given time.
Hmmmm, why would town play that way, I wonder?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

For a fun time in seeing how DkKoba handles pressure poorly, ISO them and search out 'Shade' and 'Shading'.
That's how they've developed their reads.
It's all reactionary.
That's not engagement.
And it's not consistent.
I have a really hard time believing this as coming from town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's consistent in that DkKoba's reads consistently are compromised by a need to heavily scumread anyone that 'shades' their slot.
It's inconsistent in that their engagement with those players otherwise and the logic they're laying down isn't reflective of the read they actually have.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

A swing and a miss varsoon.
your change in tone +insistence on pushing on NAI things makes YOU scummy bud and stop pretending like you're not just nitpicking me to create a false case around me
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:03 am

Post by DkKoba »

i remember someone mentioning something about excitement for this game meaning that the person probably rolled scum bc its the most interesting role. Pretty sure that was you iirc. And look at how you been acting
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

i always question people who fos me for bad reasons and the fact you want to latch onto that is telling and different from the shade others have given.

VOTE: dkkoba

You're next after me
(DM me)

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:06 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 182, DkKoba wrote:and as for hellbooks I haven't had time to figure out how to case my push on her. I do find their post flimsy.
why do you have to figure it out? either you have reasons to think im scum or not. unless you're trying to come up with reasons why i'm scum so you can get rid of me? :shifty:
In post 185, DkKoba wrote:hellbooks I'm going to need something better on your read on me because at this point you've given a bunch of non-contribution in terms of your "reads" other than perhaps your analysis of a few of the posts you listed but even those feel low effort.
i have reads on ppl other than you. also why the scare quotes on reads. low blow. like, ouch
In post 193, DkKoba wrote:and I already asked helbooks a question
huh???? was the question like "why arent u trying more"
In post 206, Dunnstral wrote:I don't have a strong read on Raya right now. I think we should lynch Raya or Hellbooks
this like sucks

maybe varsoon and dunnstral plausible and varsoons like "dunnstral is town you guys" to aid in the coast
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:06 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 215, DkKoba wrote:i always question people who fos me for bad reasons and the fact you want to latch onto that is telling and different from the shade others have given.

You're next after me
you are blowing things outta proportion like incredibly
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:07 am

Post by hellbooks »

literally one person voted you, you dont have to martyr yourself???? huh???????
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:07 am

Post by hellbooks »

cannot tell if ridiculously towny or ridiculously scummy move
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

i dont care im tired of getting fosed like this in every game because i dont interact the way they want me to
(DM me)

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:08 am

Post by hellbooks »

im sory to hear that.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:08 am

Post by hellbooks »

VOTE: dunnstral
whatever lets be bad... lets be a little cheeky...
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 215, DkKoba wrote:i always question people who fos me for bad reasons and the fact you want to latch onto that is telling and different from the shade others have given.

You're next after me
You think varsoon is scum so strongly that you want to be lynched so we'll lynch varsoon next?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 214, DkKoba wrote:i remember someone mentioning something about excitement for this game meaning that the person probably rolled scum bc its the most interesting role. Pretty sure that was you iirc. And look at how you been acting
Yeah, town can't ever be excited to play, especially if they think they've caught scum.
Will admit I feel tunneled on you now, if you want any sort of condolences, but if you're scum, you sure don't deserve 'em.
In post 217, hellbooks wrote:

You're next after me
you are blowing things outta proportion like incredibly
I agree. Not sure if, again, newb-town flail or scum flail in hopes it'll make'em look town.
After all, I called them survivalistic and said that a lynch there would yield info. Best way to deny either? Self-vote. It's such a dramatic response, though. Reeks of scum theatrics to me.
In post 220, DkKoba wrote:i dont care im tired of getting fosed like this in every game because i dont interact the way they want me to
Hold on, you get FOS'd like this in every game?
I'm gonna pull you some of your own advice, then:
In post 185, DkKoba wrote:I'm going to need something better [from you] because at this point you've given a bunch of non-contribution in terms of your "reads" other than perhaps your analysis of a few of the posts you listed but even those feel low effort.
As for Dunnstral, my sense they're town is fading more and more as they continue to literally coast through.
I'd like them to take a few hard stances and I've given them every opportunity to.
Important thing to keep in mind is that scum do have daychat. Not gonna ask you to entertain who my daychat partner would be, were I'm scum, since I'm not, so it'd be a futile effort, but I do want you to consider that any possible scum-team very likely can co-ordinate distancing, bussing, etc. I'm of the mind that Koba's partner, if Koba's scum here, is very likely distancing from the whole Koba wagon, trying to get something else pushed on town instead, etc. It's why I feel like the nomination pool all avoiding Koba despite my case articulated there is giving me super bad vibes but I also don't want to double-down on what might be a tunnel that blinds me to other things.
Still don't want a lynch there, though.