Micro 955: Variant Nomination Mafia (Game Over)

Forum rules
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

And by 'there', I mean Dunnstral.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Varsoon »

Hey, DKkoba. If you're town, unvote yourself and engage with the other players. At least the ones on nomination.
Voting yourself and shutting down isn't just suicidal, it's literally denying town info if you are today's lynch.
It's hard for me to read that play as anything but scum play, and I'm really trying to olive branch here because I feel that if you're town, I may have upset or offended you for pushing you.

You have to understand that this is a
game
where, based on the information and play of other players, TOWN has to figure who is most likely to flip scum.
That means, as TOWN, you're going to be pushed every time you put down play that makes people think you're scum.
It's not a personal assault or something you should find offensive. It's literally part of the design of the game of Mafia.
Don't take it personally. If it upsets you that your efforts aren't rewarded with a town read, then think about how you can change your approach.
You're not lynched and out of the game until you're lynched and out of the game.
Please engage with the other slots here (at least your nominations) instead of making this about you.
That said, if you're scum, I don't care what you do. I'm glad I've caught you, in that case, I only wish you wouldn't try to emotionally manipulate me so much afterwards.
I understand this is a game of
manipulation
for both town and for scum, though. As much as I wish there was some kind of aftercare for how harsh things can get, there often isn't.
I'm sorry if my push on you has caused undue stress, regardless of your alignment.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Raya36 »

I think varsoon/dkkoba is TvT.

We should vote between hellbooks and dunnstral. I have a light town read on Dunn for the mechanics discussion and light town gut read on hellbooks. I'm not sure at this point which I think is more likely to flip scum. I just think Koba is prob town and I know I'm town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

Do you think the whole nomination pool might be town, Raya?
I'm of the mind that's a dangerous mindset to be in, since we could potentially be conf-biasing ourselves into thinking of scum inside-or-outside the nominations instead of trying to engage with individuals and get better reads traditionally.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

So, I suppose my question is this:
If everyone in the pool is town by your take and you think I'm town:
What makes Nash and Yukino scum?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

I do agree that if we're playing this absolutely on surface level here, Nash is real high on my list for scum, but I want to know what your rationale is before I drop my own.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 228, Varsoon wrote:Do you think the whole nomination pool might be town, Raya?
I'm of the mind that's a dangerous mindset to be in, since we could potentially be conf-biasing ourselves into thinking of scum inside-or-outside the nominations instead of trying to engage with individuals and get better reads traditionally.
I'm in the mindset that its very possible based on my reads but if it's not all town then the scum is probably within hellbooks and dunnstral
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

when i flip town the info everyone gets is that you are scum varsoon. There i fixed that for you
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 229, Varsoon wrote:So, I suppose my question is this:
If everyone in the pool is town by your take and you think I'm town:
What makes Nash and Yukino scum?
If I'm correct and the pool is entirely town and you're town then Nash and Yukino would have to be scum by PoE. But Nash is scummy for that quick lynch and I find it difficult to believe that he didn't check before voting (although maybe I'm paranoid of accidentally quick lynching). seems like busy work. Yukino is just null to me so purely PoE if this is the case.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

yukino took my townread and decided to just dip. They're probably scum with varsoon based on the evidence from recent events
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:02 am

Post by DkKoba »

dude is distancing from what varsoon is doing
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

I have been the target of this kind of ego play from a hostile 3rd party who recognized i am loud and will end up helping the solve. (Was hardtunneled just for the purpose of getting me flipped).
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:06 am

Post by DkKoba »

And i literally fucking play every game as any role self preserving and you want to say im scum for it varsoon? Sorry i dont just give up and let people set me up for anything . I like being the universal townread in any game and i fight any scumread someone has against me.
(DM me)

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 232, DkKoba wrote:when i flip town the info everyone gets is that you are scum varsoon. There i fixed that for you
Entertain the very real possibility that I'm town here and you realize how anti-town that logic is, DkKoba.
If you're town, you'll engage with this game instead of doubling down here.
If you're scum, I want you to know this death-flailing isn't helping you get townread by me at all.
Regardless of your alignment, the more you do this, the more I will continue to scumread you.
I'm not going to let myself be manipulated by emotional appeals or threats.

Regardless of the conclusion I come to here,
You're either scum doing everything they can try to survive here
or
You're a huge liability for town, inconsistent in your logic, and likely to cost us the game if I let you survive.

P-EDIT: You wanna be the universal townread, you earn that shit. You're not doing it here.

So I'm quite happy with where my vote is and I'm willing to say your egotism is likely a personality tell rather than an alignment one.
70:30 on scum to town and I'll take those odds to bank on D1 reads.

VOTE: DkKoba
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

"You're a liability for town " classic scum logic to justify when they force a ML through
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

throwback to when you accused me of hedging.

Pot
Kettle
Black
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

UNVOTE:
I need any players here who are considering voting me here to promise me: you will hang varsoon if you end up wagoning me. Those that go against are under major suspicion.

I think you're scum with Yukino and it shows hard.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

you keep gaslighting and using hypocritical logic varsoon you're altering reality to fit your theory instead of altering your theories to fit reality. Truth is it seems like you think you will have trouble winning as scum here if you don't ML me here without a nightkill to get rid of me
(DM me)

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:50 am

Post by hellbooks »

the self-unvote at L1 ... hm
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:56 am

Post by DkKoba »

I put myself at L-1 don't try to twist varsoon's "revote" as him putting me at L-1
(DM me)

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by hellbooks »

o ok : ) : ) sorry : )
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 239, DkKoba wrote:"You're a liability for town " classic scum logic to justify when they force a ML through
Yeah, ignore literally the rest of everything I'm laying down here.
In post 243, hellbooks wrote:the self-unvote at L1 ... hm
I asked them to do it, so.
Thoughts?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 242, DkKoba wrote:you keep gaslighting and using hypocritical logic varsoon you're altering reality to fit your theory instead of altering your theories to fit reality. Truth is it seems like you think you will have trouble winning as scum here if you don't ML me here without a nightkill to get rid of me
Nah, dawg, if I was scum, I wouldn't be playing such power scum out the gate here.
You can decide whether or not you trust this when you die and the mod lets you know you're wrong.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

"if i was scum"
how many more times do we need to hear this stupid wifom lmao shut up and get hanged tomorrow
(DM me)

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

That's cool, but maybe engage with all the points I asked and push you to