notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:09 am

Post by notscience »

In post 463, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Shit plan. The ships being investigated are too large. It’s basically pointless.

@notscience
Let me get this straight, you went from scumreading to not scumreading Username because he outed his alt and called you a pig fucker?
Basically. It’s like I said- a movie with a twist ending it makes WAY more sense in retrospect than as reading when I thought it was scum grandstanding.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:10 am

Post by notscience »

Ha mena I took the page too respect mah authoritah
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:13 am

Post by notscience »

Also nk15 can’t be the port authority my pa told me it was [REDACTED]

(Please note no posts were harmed in the making of this shitpost)
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:15 am

Post by Hel »

In post 389, Umlaut wrote:For some reason I believe notscience genuinely didn't know who username was and I think he's probably town here.
Agree about not knowing it was Kuribo but-
In post 371, notscience wrote: Pedit
I respect your decision.
Why would you respect his decision? He's scumreading you because he thinks you knew it was him and were interested in trying to rile him up. You know this isn't true and it feels reachy to me, so why?

Anyway, if kuribo entered this game trying to be tranquil, I think he's less likely to instantly break out the not-tranquil mode as scum. I think he said somewhere that as scum he replicates some of the rage that is normal for him as town, so he'd probably manage to not lose it for slightly longer.
Hectic
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:16 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 471, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 469, Datisi wrote:
In post 426, Radical Rat wrote:Because I think there's probably going to be at least one scum that doesn't bother to switch their merchandise.
saying this aloud because...?
Because I was asked why I was inspecting Linen, and that's the reason?
i guess my issue is that if you announce that "at least one scum probably won't bother to switch from Linen", that's kinda an announcement to said scum, no?
In post 458, Radical Rat wrote:Though for what it's worth I do actually think I was wrong and you are Town for less WIFOM reasons now. Prove me right, k?
what are the less WIFOM reasons?
Having an actual Port Authority claim makes me feel more at ease with all the memeing
, and though I do maintain NK15 shouldn't have claimed, here we are.
I like his proposed alternative plan to NK's, and scum doesn't really have much motivation to try to argue with a plan that would probably lead to exploitable Town apathy, especially not when doing so involves challenging an IC.

There were a couple of other recent posts I liked as well, and I think Town really needs to present a unified front in this game, so I'm fine letting him be Town unless he does something else that raises scum flags.
err, why? like, (unless mena and nk15 are scum together and this is an elaborate galaxy brain gambit, but for the sake of my sanity let's say it's not) mena - regardless of his alignment - had no way of knowing the PA was going to claim. i don't get why the claim has an effect on your read of the memeing?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:18 am

Post by notscience »

Because continuing to engage him and argue it would fill the thread with vitriol but leaving him alone to do his own thing doesn’t and gives him time to come around once he realizes I’m just oblivious lol

The second half i believe is true I don’t remember him as angry when I’ve played with scum him before (I think it was only once and I don’t remember if he had a hydra or not)
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 478, Hel wrote:Anyway, if kuribo entered this game trying to be tranquil, I think he's less likely to instantly break out the not-tranquil mode as scum. I think he said somewhere that as scum he replicates some of the rage that is normal for him as town, so he'd probably manage to not lose it for slightly longer.
Agreed, i could literally be insulted in 1000 different ways and wouldn’t bat an eyelash as scum. But as town i can easily get triggered.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

UNVOTE:
Not really sure where to vote now.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:23 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh wait!
Execute Maxwell

This can be my standard "Don’t really know where to vote so i’ll park here" slot.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Radical Rat
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:27 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 479, Datisi wrote:i guess my issue is that if you announce that "at least one scum probably won't bother to switch from Linen", that's kinda an announcement to said scum, no?
Sure, but I don't really see it as a huge revelation that will affect scumplay. If there was a scum lurking and they decide to pop in and dodge the inspection, that's just going to look way worse than if they had played it cool.
Datisi wrote:
In post 426, Radical Rat wrote:Because I think there's probably going to be at least one scum that doesn't bother to switch their merchandise.
saying this aloud because...?
Because I was asked why I was inspecting Linen, and that's the reason?
i guess my issue is that if you announce that "at least one scum probably won't bother to switch from Linen", that's kinda an announcement to said scum, no?
In post 458, Radical Rat wrote:Though for what it's worth I do actually think I was wrong and you are Town for less WIFOM reasons now. Prove me right, k?
what are the less WIFOM reasons?
Having an actual Port Authority claim makes me feel more at ease with all the memeing
, and though I do maintain NK15 shouldn't have claimed, here we are.
I like his proposed alternative plan to NK's, and scum doesn't really have much motivation to try to argue with a plan that would probably lead to exploitable Town apathy, especially not when doing so involves challenging an IC.

There were a couple of other recent posts I liked as well, and I think Town really needs to present a unified front in this game, so I'm fine letting him be Town unless he does something else that raises scum flags.
err, why? like, (unless mena and nk15 are scum together and this is an elaborate galaxy brain gambit, but for the sake of my sanity let's say it's not) mena - regardless of his alignment - had no way of knowing the PA was going to claim. i don't get why the claim has an effect on your read of the memeing?
Honestly, I don't know myself. I guess it just gives me peace of mind that it probably WAS just a meaningless joke, and not either the literal worst possible move for Town to make or a crazy scumstrat made to look like that.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Radical Rat
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:28 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Ugh, I thought I did the quoting correctly. Cursed phoneposting.
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Hel »

Not Known 15 is so dreamy.
Hectic
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:33 am

Post by Hel »

In post 420, Menalque wrote:Alternative plan that is actually fun and still avoids killing the TD by accident: we vote people up to L-2 after which people can place a “faux vote” (I propose using hurt tags)

The first person to get to 9 is “executed” and we repeat the process until another player is “lynched”. NK gets to choose between the two as to who we really execute
This plan seems good to me.
Hectic
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:43 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Yes we can do the alternative lynching plan. And now
go and scumhunt people. I still need your reads (and your votes).
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:46 am

Post by notscience »

Hot take- nk is lying scum and intends to actively lurk
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:30 am

Post by Titus »

In post 381, FakeGod wrote:
VoteCount 1.6

Titus [1] - maxwell
Iconeum [1] - Datisi
Umlaut [1] - Not Known 15
NorwegianboyEE [3] - Hel, Moment, Maki Harukawa
Datisi [1] - GuiltyLion
username [1] - NorwegianboyEE
Alisae [1] - Menalque
Not Known 15 [1] - Umlaut
Menalque [1] - Radical Rat
notscience [1] - username

Not Voting [5]
- Something_Smart, Iconeum, Titus, Alisae, notscience

With 17 alive it takes 9 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-07-11 13:35:31)

I am shipping...

Linen
[10] - Alisae, Maki Harukawa, GuiltyLion, Something_Smart, Not Known 15, maxwell, Menalque, Iconeum, , notscience, Umlaut
Copper
[4] - Titus, NorwegianboyEE, username, Radical Rat
Wheat
[3] - Datisi, Hel, Moment

Let's Inspect...

Linen
[1] - Radical Rat
Copper
[2] - Hel, Moment
Wheat
[2] - Umlaut, NorwegianboyEE
I don't like EE being wagoned here. He's not defensive enough to be scum IMO. It's a meta read which is blah but it's better than most anything else on day 1.

Back to catchup.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 413, Alisae wrote:oh boy I sure do love being forced to do what other people want
This is what I tried to avoid in T v A. Given no NK, I am not sure why NK outs here as PA. I doubt he is scum, I just doubt the wisdom of it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 436, Menalque wrote:To avoid anyone actually hammering the tomboy daughter

But basically yes. We have two full wagons per day that both hit “lynch” then NK gets to choose between them to make sure that if one is on the TD they don’t get lynched
This is a bad idea on so many levels. I'll get into it later on after I finish my catchup.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Titus »

Ok. The PA claiming here (which I suppose is real, otherwise the real one would CC and we net a scum) is not a good thing for town in the long run. Townreads now must self sensor. It's not enough just to suspect someone is scum but that read must also get past NK15 gatekeeping.

This would be ok if NK 15 only had to block one lynch but he cannot do that without screaming someone is the TD.

So we're left with halfbaked plans of trying to force two wagons on day 1 just to have disagreement to cover NK's tracks.

All of this interrupts innate scumhunting. It also makes VCA meaningless. Why would anyone feel threatened before a second wagon unless NK explicitly endorses it is ok?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Hel »

Read Menalque's plan again, Titus. We play normally with the only difference being replacing the L-1 and hammer votes with HURT: votes. Once we've "lynched" two people, we let the shipmaster (Not Known 15) decide on who we really lynch of the two.

This is actually preferable to playing normally and accidentally wagoning and driving a lynch on the Tomboy Daughter, because that would be an autoloss then if the shipmaster mysteriously decided to out and veto that lynch suddenly.

Oh, wait, I just realised the Tomboy Daughter could technically claim shipmaster if driven to L-1 and that would be fine too, but it still gives scum a 50/50 on that person if it happens.
Hectic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:16 am

Post by notscience »

I’m sorry what is that word? Did you mean clowned?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 494, Hel wrote:Read Menalque's plan again, Titus. We play normally with the only difference being replacing the L-1 and hammer votes with HURT: votes. Once we've "lynched" two people, we let the shipmaster (Not Known 15) decide on who we really lynch of the two.

This is actually preferable to playing normally and accidentally wagoning and driving a lynch on the Tomboy Daughter, because that would be an autoloss then if the shipmaster mysteriously decided to out and veto that lynch suddenly.

Oh, wait, I just realised the Tomboy Daughter could technically claim shipmaster if driven to L-1 and that would be fine too, but it still gives scum a 50/50 on that person if it happens.
I disagree because now NK 15's reads are placed above that of town. What if NK 15 gets agency captured?

This is a common gripe with unkillable town. Scum know exactly where they need to play around.

This same problem made T v A immensely hard for me and I didn't have to force town into wagoning two people at all.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 494, Hel wrote:Oh, wait, I just realised the Tomboy Daughter could technically claim shipmaster if driven to L-1 and that would be fine too, but it still gives scum a 50/50 on that person if it happens.
Do you mean could claim port authority?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 496, Titus wrote:I disagree because now NK 15's reads are placed above that of town. What if NK 15 gets agency captured?
Again, I didn’t want to do this but NK forced in by outing. It is the best of a bad situation in that town still gets to make meaningful decisions about who to lynch but we don’t run the risk of the autoloss

Ideally, NK agrees to flip a coin to decide UNLESS the tomboy daughter is one of the two (obviously)
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Hel »

In post 497, Menalque wrote:
In post 494, Hel wrote:Oh, wait, I just realised the Tomboy Daughter could technically claim shipmaster if driven to L-1 and that would be fine too, but it still gives scum a 50/50 on that person if it happens.
Do you mean could claim port authority?
Shipmaster.. port authority... same thing really
In post 495, notscience wrote:I’m sorry what is that word? Did you mean clowned?
I think I require enlightenment on this meme. Explanation requested.
Hectic