Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 81, Porkens wrote:
In post 69, shellyc wrote:They would be the third vote and according to guides the third voter is likely to be a mafia pushing a mislynch. I'd reread their posts and probably change my vote to them.
So you are conceding that tBone would be a mis-eliminate?
Shelly don’t miss this question
worse than random
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by shellyc »

To answer Micc in post 71, I play real-time chat mafia and still don't really have a definition of "lurking" here. He hasn't posted for 5 hours and that is my definition, though I've unvoted. Micc seems to be pocketing T-Bone in post 74.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by shellyc »

It could be one, nothing is certain. Though his activity levels are going up and he seems ok to me.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

I said that as in “I know the possible reasons why he would do that.” I gave a reason why he would do it as town and why he would do it as scum. His motivations, as far as I’m aware, boil down into one of those. I don’t know which one yet.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 101, shellyc wrote:To answer Micc in post 71, I play real-time chat mafia and still don't really have a definition of "lurking" here. He hasn't posted for 5 hours and that is my definition, though I've unvoted. Micc seems to be pocketing T-Bone in post 74.
To help you out. Our Day 1 deadline is 10 days. The Mod only requires that you post once every 36 hours. That would be a closer approximation of what lurking is on mafiascum.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

That was directed at T-Bone’s post, Post #99
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by shellyc »

"Because I’m already aware of the reasons why he would do this." sounds like extra info or something to me, which would only be available to scum. So you're saying that he's either town or scum in your defense, which is what everyone is (could be town or scum). This brings us back to the starting point, yet your words suggest that you already "know" something...
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

The only thing that I have seen Porkens do is openly investigate other players and controlling the conversation. Could it be that he is directing attention away from himself by controlling the topic instead of just observing?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by shellyc »

Thanks T-Bone, I better get familiar with the activity levels of people on mafiascum.net.
In my opinion, Porkens has been questioning people very vigorously. Investigating other players doesn't sound like something scum would do (they already know everything).
Scum come in many types, some town leaders could be scum. I'm open at this stage though Porkens does sound more town than scum to me.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 106, shellyc wrote:"Because I’m already aware of the reasons why he would do this." sounds like extra info or something to me, which would only be available to scum. So you're saying that he's either town or scum in your defense, which is what everyone is (could be town or scum). This brings us back to the starting point, yet your words suggest that you already "know" something...
Either I’m missing something in your argument, or you’re missing something in mine. Everyone is either town or scum. I provided a reason why he would do it as town and a reason why he would do it as scum. I could do that for basically any action that anyone carried out. My approach is to analyze what players do. It is to understand what they would do in certain situations and why they would do what they have already done.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by T-Bone »

To Shelly and Noblenoob, you can also use some buttons on the forum to quote people, instead of copying and pasting their words. Your buttons will look similar to this depending on the skin you are using.

"quote will open a new post with it quoted. "Q+ allows you to select multiple quotes before hitting the reply button.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 109, GeniusGamer wrote:
In post 106, shellyc wrote:"Because I’m already aware of the reasons why he would do this." sounds like extra info or something to me, which would only be available to scum. So you're saying that he's either town or scum in your defense, which is what everyone is (could be town or scum). This brings us back to the starting point, yet your words suggest that you already "know" something...
Either I’m missing something in your argument, or you’re missing something in mine. Everyone is either town or scum. I provided a reason why he would do it as town and a reason why he would do it as scum. I could do that for basically any action that anyone carried out. My approach is to analyze what players do. It is to understand what they would do in certain situations and why they would do what they have already done.
It's just your phrasing makes you sound like you have extra information ("Because I’m already aware of the reasons why he would do this." ). I understand your approach; this game is to find out who's town and who's scum. I accept your argument and at the end of the day our goal is to scumhunt.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

Ah, gotcha. Okay then.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 107, N0bleNoob wrote:The only thing that I have seen Porkens do is openly investigate other players and controlling the conversation. Could it be that he is directing attention away from himself by controlling the topic instead of just observing?
How can asking questions both control the conversation and divert attention from myself?
worse than random
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 95, T-Bone wrote:
In post 92, T-Bone wrote:
In post 74, Micc wrote:i just spent an entire post defending your not being here for the last five hours and you vote me

i feel betrayed
Pls don't pocket me. Because it will work. But then I will shame you for it.
Actually now that I think about it. Why did you feel the need to defend me? Surely I could have done it myself when I got here were it necessary?
i didn't actual set out to defend anyone, moreso convey to the newbies what the general activity expectations are on this site.

my response to shellyc continuing on down that road was really more focused on pushing her then defending you.

but if you're going to come in here and RVS vote me at a point where the rest of the game has started to move on, I'm not going to miss the chance to at least poke fun at you for it.
In post 101, shellyc wrote:To answer Micc in post 71, I play real-time chat mafia and still don't really have a definition of "lurking" here. He hasn't posted for 5 hours and that is my definition, though I've unvoted. Micc seems to be pocketing T-Bone in post 74.
did you read my post 56 at any point before you made the t-bone vote? i had kinda explained the activity expectations already.

what is your definition of "pocketing". are you using that word just because t-bone said it?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by shellyc »

@Micc: I didn't read your post 56 alright. I'm sorry for that. My definition of pocketing is to make yourself seem favourable to another player, which is what you're doing by saying you're "betrayed"
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 113, Porkens wrote:
In post 107, N0bleNoob wrote:The only thing that I have seen Porkens do is openly investigate other players and controlling the conversation. Could it be that he is directing attention away from himself by controlling the topic instead of just observing?
How can asking questions both control the conversation and divert attention from myself?
When you ask a question you are the investigator, the person you are questioning is the subject, the suspect, and the person you are investigating. Which makes the conversation about that person instead of you. You control the narrative of the conversion because you are the one that is making the other person defend themselves on your terms.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

That is how you are directing the conversations away from yourself.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Porkens »

You said “directing attention” away from myself. The conversation may be centered on the person I’m asking, but where is the audience’s
attention
?
worse than random
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

On the suspect, (aka the person you are asking) because they are the ones on the hotseat.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

Then how did you notice me?
worse than random
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by shellyc »

As the "investigator" you still get attention, you are the one pushing others. That isn't directing the conversation away imo. Also a mafia would not have motivation to investigate, they would rather defend themselves.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 121, shellyc wrote:As the "investigator" you still get attention, you are the one pushing others. That isn't directing the conversation away imo. Also a mafia would not have motivation to investigate, they would rather defend themselves.
I mafia would not have the motivation to investigate, but what better way to defend yourself as mafia than play the part of the investigatory townsperson?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 83, Porkens wrote:I suspect it’s the
other
interpretation.
In post 86, Porkens wrote: Why are you answering questions directed at other players?
Guess I can ask you the same question. :igmeou:
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Is a shade? Am I using that right? I don’t get that from Porkens at all.